PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Susie Q
01-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Anyone having MULTIPLE problems with their XBOX 360 other than me? When we went to the Shipping place to send ours out for the 4th time, we were told that just in our rinky dink city the guy sent out 20 of them in the last few weeks.

I complained to the Better Business Bureau today. Here is my story to them:

In January 2007 I purchased a XBOX 360 for my son. Within a couple of months I had to return it to our local Walmart (from what the XBOX people had told me to do) to get a new XBOX 360 as this one was defective. Then once again in September I had to send the XBOX 360 back for repair. Then again in November I had to send the Xbox 360 back in for repair. Well, wouldn't you know it, the thing breaks yet AGAIN on CHRISTMAS DAY. Since I bought my son new games for this XBOX 360, this put a HUGE damper on his Christmas. I contacted the customer support and "Scott" had answered the phone and really sympathized with me. He said he would expedite the order and I should get it with in a few days due to it being Christmas and all. He then put me to his supervisor that said he would give us a "free accessory" for our troubles since it was our 4th time. We got a empty box on the 26th of December, and I sent it back out that same day. I called them up and asked where the replacement was. I said, all I got was a empty box. The woman on the phone said oh, we expedited the empty box so you can return it to us quicker. It will take 10-15 business days to get another Xbox sent out. I was not happy with that response and asked her for her supervisor. She said the supervisor was busy. I asked to speak to her supervisors supervisor. She said she don't have jurisdiction for that. I felt as though I was getting the run around. I was told to call back in a hour. This is their famous response. "Call back in a hour". It's bad enough to have to sit through a automated person and say this or that in a phone to get to a live person, only to be told, "Call back in a hour". It takes on the average 10 minutes to get to a actual representative and then be put on hold until someone speaks to me. I am frustrated that Microsoft XBOX people have had the video console more than my son has in the year that he has had it. I am more upset that I spent over $400 for something that seems almost 'ornamental and dysfunctional' in my sons room for the rest of the part. Now my son has to wait basically a MONTH after Christmas to play his Christmas presents? NOT happy. :mad:

NATEDOG001976
01-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Yes!

I bought mine a 1 year ago. First the hard drive died 6 months ago, then last week I got the dam red ring of death!!!

I sent mine back for repair. They sent me a UPS box, within 5 days, fully paid.

I just want it fixed....fuck!!!

I think the 360's that were bought within the last year and a half have been fucked!

Susie Q
01-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Yes!

I bought mine a 1 year ago. First the hard drive died 6 months ago, then last week I got the dam red ring of death!!!

I sent mine back for repair. They sent me a UPS box, within 5 days, fully paid.

I just want it fixed....fuck!!!

I think the 360's that were bought within the last year and a half have been fucked!

Yep, the three rings of death. This is the constant with these fuckin' machines.

My outcome will be either a extra Xbox 360 or a catalog of all their games that they have for that thing.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
01-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Mine, thank god, has been totally fine. The only issue I had once was when I had my XBOX standing vertically, and it scratched the hell out of a disc.

I ended up getting a replacement game.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
01-04-2008, 07:14 AM
If you think about it guys, video games suck now.

PS3 : Too Expensive.
XBOX 360: Unreliable.
Wii: Gimmicky, graphics are.... questionable.

PC gaming can be awesome, if you're willing to put a huge down payment on your machine, and supply the cash flow to constantly upgrade.

m_dixon1984
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I love all you people that have to be cutting edge. Me, I bought an XBox a year ago, for less a $100 and haven't paid more than $15 for any game. I bought a PS2 (slim model) a couple of months ago for $80 and, again, haven't paid more than $15 for any game.

A few years from now I'll get myself a used 360 and a PS3 for far less than half price and the back catalog of games will be dirt cheap. The 360s still around in 2 years will be the non-lemons, I'm sure.

The 360 has been out for over 2 years and the problems it has had have been widely reported. Anyone who has bought one in the last year should have been well aware of what they were getting themselves into and avoided it like the plague.

Still, unfortunate it affected your Christmas and I hope you can get some sort of compensation from Microsoft. If they want to continue to be a player not only with the 360 but moving forward into the next generation of gaming they are going to have to make people like you, who've had a horrible experience, happy.

M

VAN HLN CA
01-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Mine had red ring a few ties until a firmware patch fixed it.

Bought the day it came out for my Kids early X-mas 2 years ago and overall it's been kick-ass. Imagine if Apple decided to get into gaming?
Kissmas, could you imagine the precision from O/S through gameplay?

Redballjets88
01-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
Anyone having MULTIPLE problems with their XBOX 360 other than me? When we went to the Shipping place to send ours out for the 4th time, we were told that just in our rinky dink city the guy sent out 20 of them in the last few weeks.

I complained to the Better Business Bureau today. Here is my story to them:

In January 2007 I purchased a XBOX 360 for my son. Within a couple of months I had to return it to our local Walmart (from what the XBOX people had told me to do) to get a new XBOX 360 as this one was defective. Then once again in September I had to send the XBOX 360 back for repair. Then again in November I had to send the Xbox 360 back in for repair. Well, wouldn't you know it, the thing breaks yet AGAIN on CHRISTMAS DAY. Since I bought my son new games for this XBOX 360, this put a HUGE damper on his Christmas. I contacted the customer support and "Scott" had answered the phone and really sympathized with me. He said he would expedite the order and I should get it with in a few days due to it being Christmas and all. He then put me to his supervisor that said he would give us a "free accessory" for our troubles since it was our 4th time. We got a empty box on the 26th of December, and I sent it back out that same day. I called them up and asked where the replacement was. I said, all I got was a empty box. The woman on the phone said oh, we expedited the empty box so you can return it to us quicker. It will take 10-15 business days to get another Xbox sent out. I was not happy with that response and asked her for her supervisor. She said the supervisor was busy. I asked to speak to her supervisors supervisor. She said she don't have jurisdiction for that. I felt as though I was getting the run around. I was told to call back in a hour. This is their famous response. "Call back in a hour". It's bad enough to have to sit through a automated person and say this or that in a phone to get to a live person, only to be told, "Call back in a hour". It takes on the average 10 minutes to get to a actual representative and then be put on hold until someone speaks to me. I am frustrated that Microsoft XBOX people have had the video console more than my son has in the year that he has had it. I am more upset that I spent over $400 for something that seems almost 'ornamental and dysfunctional' in my sons room for the rest of the part. Now my son has to wait basically a MONTH after Christmas to play his Christmas presents? NOT happy. :mad:

mine has broken one time but has been fine since. im fairly sure if one treats the 360 well they shouldnt have problems. Most of the problems stem from overheating. mine was on carpet laying down so it overheated, make sure your son isnt leaving the xbox on for long amounts of time. I know i used to leave mine on in order to avoid having to save. i used my xbox non stop and have only had one problem, but ya never know, it could be microsoft.

BITEYOASS
01-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
I love all you people that have to be cutting edge. Me, I bought an XBox a year ago, for less a $100 and haven't paid more than $15 for any game. I bought a PS2 (slim model) a couple of months ago for $80 and, again, haven't paid more than $15 for any game.

A few years from now I'll get myself a used 360 and a PS3 for far less than half price and the back catalog of games will be dirt cheap. The 360s still around in 2 years will be the non-lemons, I'm sure.

The 360 has been out for over 2 years and the problems it has had have been widely reported. Anyone who has bought one in the last year should have been well aware of what they were getting themselves into and avoided it like the plague.

Still, unfortunate it affected your Christmas and I hope you can get some sort of compensation from Microsoft. If they want to continue to be a player not only with the 360 but moving forward into the next generation of gaming they are going to have to make people like you, who've had a horrible experience, happy.

M

Yeah, it's always best to wait a few years for the price to be a third of what it is currently and have all the defects fixed.

Ozzy Fudd
01-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I have had mine for about 6 months now got it from Wal-Mart..e i e i o
other than getting tired of buying batteries it works fine, fuck I hope I did not just jinx muh self