PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin • Average Ticket Price

VAN HLN CA
01-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Average LED ZEPPELIN Ticket Price For Reunion Show: $14,700 - Jan. 8, 2008
Owen Gibson of The Guardian reports: The loud and proud return of LED ZEPPELIN was the most lucrative event of the year for the touts and fans at the centre of a heated row over the resale of tickets online, according to figures published yesterday.

One of the leading online ticket resellers, Seatwave, said the average price for tickets sold through the site for LED ZEPPELIN's comeback gig at London's O2 arena was £7,425 (approximately $14,700).

Online resellers have effectively created a rolling market for high-profile gigs and sporting events.

There is no legislation covering the resale of concert tickets and sporting events other than football matches but the culture, media and sport select committee will this week release a hotly anticipated report on the matter.

Desperate LED ZEPPELIN fans were willing to risk thousands on tickets sold through sites such as Seatwave. The tickets had a face value of £125 (approximately $250).

Read the entire article at The Guardian.

WTF? Seriously, is this possible?

Terry
01-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Really wasn't anything that incredible, either, when all was said and done.

Douglas T.
01-13-2008, 10:12 PM
...aaaand she's buuuuyyyyying the staaaairway to ...... HEAVEN!

Binky
01-25-2008, 11:53 PM
I personally think the reunion gig was a waste of time. They did none special, his voice wasn't up to it, Kate Moss was there, it looked missable. Sure, I'm not a fan of them but I only respect comebacks if they're not overpriced, not one gig and they're going to continue their career. If they hate each other enough not to do an album, why bother in the first place. Oh, wait:
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
I personally believe Simon and Garfunkel started all this off. For a reunion tour they charged a decent amount but suddenly we have all these bands who don't hack it no more depsite what hysterical fat blonde woman in tight pink tops think. I have more respect for Iron Maiden and Deep Purple, I mean the former never stopped and the latter had a wee break.