PDA

View Full Version : C-17 • U.s.a.f.

VAN HLN CA
01-10-2008, 01:30 AM
This afternoon a Sgt. friend of mine let us tour the 'Spirit of 911' for my 10 year lold son who knows he will be a pilot. When I was his age the future was unclear so it's inspiring seeing my son not only want to pursue his dreams but serve his country. Proud day and to my son it was like being backstage at a VH show, coolest day of his life. This Sat. we are having his brthday on the old retired plane that was before C 17 at March Air Museum. His real B-day is 12/24 so this is the first true birthday he has ever had. We even passed the Predator in its hanger seeing it's nose, no way of stepping in the hanger.
The C-17 can hold the largest tank, 4 copters or over 150 troops, a real engineering feat and this hanger was immense. The Tail seems 100 feet high and when we were in the FLIGHTDECK from the top hatch felt like 10 story high building. This word was Cockpit in my vocab. and was informed it is not Politically Correct terminology the other funny thing is the warning voice in Deck is now female because the guys did not like having a guy shouting at them. My wife looked like Brandi Brandt today and still makes me wonder how she married me, I kid not when I say she is stunning and afte droping her mom pounds is almost to where she weighed 15 years ago.
My son just told me that he just had the best day of the life. I feel so great it does not get words to express life lately. My family is the ultimate gift life could have dealt me, 10 & 14 sons that give all the days worth, wife and I 15 years now & a few in between that we split, my band (VH) just made the impossible a reality and this year I'm going to launch into new business ventures that will change our lives.

Off the box already, just feeling All Good. Thanks for the vine!

VAN HLN CA
01-10-2008, 01:33 AM
U.S.A.F.

U.S.A.F.

damn MY BAD!!!

Nickdfresh
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I wish I could get this excited over a cargo plane...:)

Nitro Express
01-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm an airplane buff and have piloted small aircraft since I was a teenager. I would have gone into the Air Force or Navy as a pilot in a heart beat but I'm red/green colorblind. The bitch is I have 20/15 vision which is better than 20/20.

My plan was to fly for the military and then be a commercial pilot. It didn't quite work out that way. I got a degree in finance and worked in the real estate business.

VAN HLN CA
01-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I wish I could get this excited over a cargo plane...:)

Nik, another good thing about my son, he is brilliant with GATE schooling. Point is he can write and does not reflect my love of run-on sentences.

VAN HLN CA
01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I'm an airplane buff and have piloted small aircraft since I was a teenager. I would have gone into the Air Force or Navy as a pilot in a heart beat but I'm red/green colorblind. The bitch is I have 20/15 vision which is better than 20/20.

What was most surprising here was seeing joystick like controls like an F-16. Flying as a teen must have been a blast! Fly before drive.

Nitro Express
01-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Yeah. I grew up in Central, Idaho and my dad owned Forrest Service Buildings all over the northwest and had his own plane to check on his real estate. I spent a lot of time in small planes growing up and flew I Piper Cherokee before I could legally drive a car.

VAN HLN CA
01-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Yeah. I grew up in Central, Idaho and my dad owned Forrest Service Buildings all over the northwest and had his own plane to check on his real estate. I spent a lot of time in small planes growing up and flew I Piper Cherokee before I could legally drive a car.

How old is it really safe to start flying lessons? He is brighter than a lot of adults. There are programs we have found that take kids up and get basics from what I see no age requirement...

BTW his B-day at March A.F. Base was outta the park good time. All his friends got dog tags and two recruiters got all kinds of cool shit for favors/gifts for the kids. Bet half go into the service after that day.