PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise: New Tell All Book Talks About His Sexuality

Nickdfresh
01-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Tom is a flaming HETEROsexual! Surprise!!

New tell all book may face lawsuit from the Church of Scientology for talking about Cruise's Thetan awareness and the ordeal of Katie Holmes...

The Condensed Tom Cruise
Slate reads the new Tom Cruise bio so you don't have to.
By Juliet Lapidos
Posted Friday, Jan. 11, 2008, at 2:04 PM ET

How dubious is Andrew Morton's long-awaited Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography? Well, the book is not for sale in the United Kingdom, due to that country's libel laws; and it's rumored that Scientology lawyers are already drawing up a suit against Morton's publisher, St. Martin's Press. If you're craving the inside (and blatantly unsubstantiated) scoop on Tom's private life, follow Slate's handy guide straight to the good parts.

Inside the Actor's Closet

Ever since that ridiculously homoerotic volleyball scene in Top Gun, the world has wondered about Tom Cruise's sexuality. But Andrew Morton's Tom is a hot-blooded heterosexual.

Page 13: One of Tom's first girlfriends, Carol Trumpler, still gets "misty-eyed" when she remembers her brief dalliance with the future star: "He was a very good kisser, very much at ease with it all. But what do you know at eleven?" Sadly for Carol, Tom got antsy pretty quickly. "I was trying to be a good girl, and when I didn't give in to his ways he moved on."

Page 68: Remember the sex-on-a-train scene in Risky Business? Morton alleges that "while Tom and Rebecca [De Mornay] were nervous before playing the scene, those who snuck onto the closed set are convinced that the answer to the question of 'did they, didn't they' really get it on on camera is a firm yes."

Page 195: High-school girlfriend Diane Van Zoeren doesn't give any credence to the "Tom is gay" rumor: "I don't get it. I find these stories just hard to believe. We romanced in my dad's Oldsmobile doing what you are not supposed to."

Page 34: Nancy Armel, another high-school flame, also remembers fooling around in a parked car. She told Morton: "I was black and blue from the gearshift."

Page 65: Tom tried to impress Nancy by taking her to the Broadway musical La Cage aux Folles, but he "was unaware of the story line—about two gay men living together in St. Tropez." According to Nancy, "he couldn't handle it. We had to leave before the intermission. It really bothered him. He was definitely homophobic."

Page 195: Morton claims that "Tom was uncomfortable around gay men. Those who saw him in the company of some of Nicole [Kidman's] gay friends, who included designer John Galliano, noticed that he was awkward and ill at ease, much preferring the company of jocks who talked about football rather than fashion."

Courtly Knight/Night Stalker

Page 259: Just one day after Sofía Vergara met Tom, Morton says the Colombian actress "faced a blizzard of phone calls, text messages, and e-mails." Tom also "sent her flowers, notes, and chocolates."

Page 263: Eventually, Sofía got freaked out by Tom's attentiveness and his faith. When Tom arranged for a trip to Clearwater, the Scientology center in Florida, she allegedly "stood him up, packing a bag and 'disappearing' for a few days." Tom, however, wouldn't let up: "For five days he left messages and texts, but she resolutely refused to return his calls."

Page 145: During their courtship phase, Tom sent Nicole Kidman "flowers, usually red roses, almost daily."

Page 157: Tom's romancing didn't stop with clichéd flora; he also had a way with words. Morton claims that "one householder in Toronto who rented her house to the Cruises was bemused to find several love notes in her sofa cushions when she moved back in. At first she thought her husband was being uncharacteristically affectionate. Then she realized they were penned by Tom."

Page 166: Tom was always asking, "Where is Nic?" An unnamed insider confirms that he was "a control freak, certainly. … He was always checking up on Nic especially."

Free Katie!

Page 278: Allegedly, Katie signed a Scientology contract that fundamentally changed her "human rights and those of her future children, requiring that if she or any of her children were ever to suffer from mental or terminal illness, they must turn only to Scientology's treatments. She must never use psychiatric care or psychiatric drugs."

Page 290-291: Morton repeats the sketchy tabloid rumors that Tom "bought a fetus learning system that was strapped to Katie's stomach" and that he "fitted Katie's cell phone with a tracking device so that he would know where she was day and night."

Page 289: Without naming his sources, Morton spins the following yarn: "Some [Scientology] sect members sincerely believed that Katie Holmes was carrying the baby who would be the vessel for L. Ron Hubbard's spirit when he returned from his trip around the galaxy. True believers were convinced that Tom's spawn would be the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard. Some Sea Org fanatics even wondered if the actress had been impregnated with Hubbard's frozen sperm." How'd Katie feel about all this? Morton puts his intuitive powers to the test to produce this gem: "Katie might have felt as if she were in the middle of a real-life version of the horror movie Rosemary's Baby, in which an unsuspecting young woman is impregnated with the Devil's child."

Operating Thetan

Page 109: Scriptwriter and onetime Scientologist Skip Press conjectures that Tom's first wife, Mimi Rogers, "made a play for Tom with the primary intention of bringing him into the [Scientology] cult and leapfrogging over him to an acting career."

Page 123: When Tom accepted an invitation to the Scientology Gold Base in the California desert, head honcho David Miscavige allegedly announced to his staff: "The most important recruit ever is in the process of being secured. His arrival will change the face of Scientology forever."

Page 153-154: Tom and Nicole shared a "fantasy of running through a meadow of wildflowers together." Eager to please his recruit, Miscavige "decided to make his dream come true. A team of twenty Sea Org disciples was set to work digging, hoeing, and planting wheat grass and wildflower seed near the Cruises' bungalow. Former Scientologist Maureen Bolstad recalled working until early in the morning in the mud and pouring rain." Sounds implausible, but Morton quotes another former Scientologist, Karen Pressley, as saying: "the story of the meadow for Tom and Nicole is absolutely true. I was there."

Page 171-172: By 1993, Morton says Tom "progressed to what Scientologists call 'the Wall of Fire,' or Operating Thetan III, where the secrets of the universe according to Hubbard [are] revealed." Allegedly, "Tom found the knowledge he had just received disturbing and alarming, as he struggled to reconcile the creationist myth with the more practical teachings contained in the lower levels of Scientology. … It was recalled that around this time relations became 'ugly' between David Miscavige and the Hollywood actor, Tom complaining that he had studied all these years and the whole faith was about space aliens."

Page 250: Tom's disenchantment didn't last long. Morton writes that by 2004, Tom "reached the exalted level of Operating Thetan VII, where Hubbard promised that man would become his own god." What's level VII like? According to former Scientologist Peter Alexander, "You believe that all your problems are due to these thetans. So when you come back into reality, you're like, 'Wow, this is a nice day, my dog's been killed but that doesn't matter, I realize that I am a being who has lived endlessly contacting all those long-lost body thetans. So nothing is really a problem.'"
Juliet Lapidos is a Slate editorial assistant.

Slate.com (http://www.slate.com/id/2181858/)

binnie
01-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Reading that, Tom's seuality is the least of his problems.....

Vinnie Velvet
01-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Fuck all of that.

Tom is s flaming faggot-ass, Xenu-humping homo!

:D

VanHalener
01-16-2008, 05:49 PM
He's a foot tapper with an oral fixation and a Bette Midler fetish.

Tom likes those on stage french kisses.

http://i8.tinypic.com/6wmrmf7.jpghttp://i12.tinypic.com/86ocfi9.jpg

Coyote
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
A smoke'n'mirrors routine. Does he have new movie in the works?

Panamark
01-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I always got the feeling that he couldnt handle the fact
that Nicole Kidman was becoming just as mega famous
and wealthy as he was... Guess that falls under the control
freak thing.. Oh and yeah, his teeth dont line up with his
face..

Checkout the center of his nose and the gap between his
two front teeth, its like his teeth have been shifted to the
right, somebody pointed this out to me years ago, maybe
his nose just points the wrong way :p

http://images.contactmusic.com/dn/tom+cruise_855_18309447_0_0_3803_300.jpg

Hyman Roth
01-17-2008, 12:19 AM
He needs to make another movie with P.T. Anderson.

bueno bob
01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
My sister works up in Seattle and employees an ex member of his personal staff (who was right underneath Tom's personal manager).

According to her?

All of the scientology stuff is true (my sister told me all of that almost word for word months ago) - Suri is indeed his, although he didn't share a bed with Katie Holmes in order to make it happen. The "bouncing on the couch" bit with Oprah (in addition to most of his public appearances) was scripted and known about well in advance.

And yeah, Tom IS gay. Bi-sexual, to be honest, but prefers men.

Believe it or not...the choice is yours.

Nitro Express
01-17-2008, 01:29 AM
L Ron Hubbard's son gave a rare interview with Penthouse Magazine and said the whole Church of Scientology ran on blackmail. They would use a form of interogation that they called "auditing" to extract people's inner secrets especially those of a sexual nature. Then the church would provide fulfilment of those sexual fantasies as a reward and use blackmail against you if you went against the church. If someone went against the church the church would do all that it could to destroy the person.

L. Ron Hubbard's own son said his father was a bisexual and pedofile who sexually abused children of Scientology members with his buddy Errol Flynn the famouse actor and Scientology member.

Panamark
01-17-2008, 03:47 AM
Errol Flynn was a scientologist ???
The TASMANIAN legend of the ladies ???

Say its not so !!! :(

I dont want to say "In like a scientologist"

just doesnt have the same ring about it.....

binnie
01-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
My sister works up in Seattle and employees an ex member of his personal staff (who was right underneath Tom's personal manager).

According to her?

All of the scientology stuff is true (my sister told me all of that almost word for word months ago) - Suri is indeed his, although he didn't share a bed with Katie Holmes in order to make it happen. The "bouncing on the couch" bit with Oprah (in addition to most of his public appearances) was scripted and known about well in advance.

Now that is interesting. I always thought the Oprah shit was scripted....

Vinnie Velvet
01-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

According to her?

Makes sense.

Tom doesn't perform very well with pussy--methinks.

He prefers the cock.

Which may explain why he couldn't get Nicole preggers and resorted to adoption, 'cause isn't Kidman pregnant now (from hubby Kieth Urban)?

thome
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Suri is the prodigy of frozen Elron sperm and was created female as breedstock for the church.(not my original thought)

I should write a horror movie ..lol... this is good barstool talk though.
(where I heard this theory and it was from a bunch of girls)

About as interesting as one of Tom's Movies .

Every movie he has ever been in all I do is look and see how easy it would be for any other actor to play the same roll and probably much more interesting.

The big war in hollywood is between two large groups of religions in order to make it you must be one or the other.

They own all the directors the producers the camera men...etc....

One thru birthrite and the other thru blackmail and money donating.

Conspiracys everywhere at the bar that day.lol

Good times!

VanHalener
01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
You know why Tom likes pool?

http://i20.tinypic.com/2em0qkn.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/8668mld.jpg

Yup, he wanted Newman.

Little Texan
01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Here (http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html) is the interview that Nitro was referring to.

Hyman Roth
01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Was Stanley Kubrick a scientologist? I'm just wondering because of

the script of 'Eyes Wide Shut'...I suppose I could consult Mr. Google. :rolleyes:

Little Texan
01-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Was Stanley Kubrick a scientologist? I'm just wondering because of

the script of 'Eyes Wide Shut'...I suppose I could consult Mr. Google. :rolleyes:

Famous Scientologists (http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_scientologist.html)

Not according to this list, but a great many well known actors and actresses, besides Cruise and Travolta, are, or have been Scientologists.

Hyman Roth
01-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Famous Scientologists (http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_scientologist.html)

Not according to this list, but a great many well known actors and actresses, besides Cruise and Travolta, are, or have been Scientologists.

LMAO!! Haywood Nelson?

http://www.imagehustler.com/1207/1200615596.jpg

"Hey hay hai"

Terry
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Well...for me, the thing is he's just not all that great of an actor.

So many of his films have the same structure; arrogant person who does a bit of contrived "soul searching" two-thirds of the way through the film to, inevitably, come out on top in the end.

His religious beliefs and sexuality are pretty much a side issue.

Personally, I think the guy is a bit nuts, if only because he chucked Mimi Rogers.

What a great piece of ass she was!

Hyman Roth
01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Well...for me, the thing is he's just not all that great of an actor.

So many of his films have the same structure; arrogant person who does a bit of contrived "soul searching" two-thirds of the way through the film to, inevitably, come out on top in the end.

His religious beliefs and sexuality are pretty much a side issue.

Personally, I think the guy is a bit nuts, if only because he chucked Mimi Rogers.

What a great piece of ass she was!

I felt exactly the same way until I watched his performance in
Magnolia (in which, ironically enough, he plays an arrogant person who
soul searches...). His performance was outstanding. Unbelievable.
As was the entire ensemble. A lot of people dog that movie but I
thought it was brilliant and emotional like no other movie ever made.

After he earned my respect in that movie, I was able to appreciate the
job he did in Born on the 4rth of July, which was also an excellent
performance. I was entertained by War of the Worlds, Minority
Report, A Few Good Men, mildly by the Mission Impossible movies.
He doesn't have the depth and diversity of a Daniel Day Lews, a
William H. Macy or , say, a Phillip S. Hoffman, but he definitely has
the potential to deliver a stirring, gut-wrenching performance.

I agree entirely that his religion and sexuality are of little
importance to his contribution.

Panamark
01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
The only flick I can tolerate of Cruisey boy's is War of the Worlds.
I think its because he actually does act differently in that one.
Normally when I see that a film has Cruise in it, I avoid it lke the
plague..

Word from normal people in Sydney (Tom used to live here
for long periods when married to Nicole) is that he was indeed
an arrogant control freak.. You can see it easily, even during
normal media interviews.

Oh yeah, He wears huge rubber soles on all
his shoes too.. I reckon Nic and Mimi would have been a good
2 feet taller than him without shoes !

He used to be good buddies with Russell Crowe at one point,
yet Crowe will actually talk to "peasants" like us, unlike Mr Cruise..

As much as a prick that he is, I'm not convinced about the "Gay"
thing. Nicole Kidman is an Aussie chick, and everyone knows
Aussie chicks cant keep their mouths shut about anything lol..

Hyman Roth
01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Dude - have you seen Magnolia?

Panamark
01-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Dude - have you seen Magnolia?

No, I haven't, I really do avoid Tom Cruise's movies.
But if you reckon its worth it, I will watch out for it on
cable ... Cheers...

Hyman Roth
01-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Well - to be sure, I have recommended it to a lot of my friends who
came back to me and said something like "that was one of the worst
movies I have ever seen"....lol. But its a fantastic movie written and
directed by P.T. Anderson when he was arguably at his creative peak
(just after he did 'Boogie Nights').

I fucking loved it. I thought it was beautiful artistry and for some
reason that movie said something very profound to me -

Its not for everyone. It is a very long and complicated movie,
especially at first when you don't understand how all the different
vignettes being presented have anything to do with each other. Its
like listening to Dark Side of the Moon - you really have to watch it a
few times to take it all in and unravel all the layers that join together
to make it so brilliant in the end.

Also, its a very dramatic and emotional movie so if you are more into
the Terminator type action flicks - this movie might not be for you...
And similar to Terry, I felt the exact same way about Tom Cruise as
you do until I saw that movie. He tore it up in that film and I would
have never given him the time of day if it wasn't PT Anderson and his
ensemble but I have to give it to Cruise in that movie. He was perfect.

binnie
01-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Hyman is right: you HAVE to check out Magnolia. I would also say that his performances in Vanilla Sky (not a great film but a good performance) and Born on the 4th of July are very good. No-one's saying he's Brando, but he's a better actor than you'd think.

However, most of his films have had the same structure. Top Gun: arrogant and playboy pilot has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl and becomes a better pilot. Jerry Maquire: arrogant and playboy sports agent has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better sports agents. Days of Thunder: arrogant and playboy racing driver has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl and becomces a better racing driver. Etc, etc, etc.....

The MI films don't fit that though...

I suppose that the studio's thought "If it ain't broke..."

Hyman Roth
01-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Great fuckin' movie.

"...and we may be through with the past...
but the past isn't through with us."

VanHalener
01-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I will not see another movie made by Cruise even if Dave and Ed Picked me up at my house and we went together.

Welllllllll, maybe if Dave and Ed came by to scoop me up and take me...

OTHERWISE, pole smokin' Tommy Boy ain't getting another penny out of me.

Hyman Roth
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
lol...dude you pay to watch movies? Get with the times, my man.

http://www.ovguide.com/

binnie
01-18-2008, 11:48 AM

"...and we may be through with the past...
but the past isn't through with us."

It never is :D

VanHalener
01-19-2008, 12:22 AM
lol...dude you pay to watch movies? Get with the times, my man.

http://www.ovguide.com/

I cannot remember the last time I went to a movie theatre: the little woman downloads flicks for us, Cruise free.

The late night showing for this evening is a classic bedtime story...
http://i26.tinypic.com/21zale.jpg

MERRYKISSMASS2U
01-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Wait stop it, if we work at it we can all be right on this issue.

VanHalener
01-19-2008, 12:26 AM
BEWARE

Tom Cruise is The Thing

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jC8Qa4M2ylo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jC8Qa4M2ylo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

FORD
01-19-2008, 12:37 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kbGGt_HI304&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kbGGt_HI304&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hyman Roth
01-19-2008, 06:43 AM
^ yeah - no kidding - they are fucking nutcakes. Isaac Hayes turned down all that money for just sitting in a studio once a month to read a 5 page script over what? this crazy shit? And from what I undestand, Hayes was in serious financial trouble before SP. He apparently didn't have a problem with the episode until it was supposed to re-air (i.e. after the other scientologist saw the episode).

They are seriously brainwashed and Cruise is nuttier than your typical Georgia peanut farm. I can't argue with that. Its fascinating, really.

Though surely you will agree that Matt and Trey got the last laugh on that one.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td align="center"><embed src="http://strifetv.smartvideochannel.com/media/flvplayer2.swf?autoStart=0&popup=1&video=http%3a%2f%2fstrifetv.smartvideochannel.com% 2fmedia%2fgetflashvideo.ashx%3fcid%3dEA6BFED6733F4 A3E83CDF4EDCA8FA967" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" WIDTH="460" HEIGHT="373"></embed><br/><a target="_new" href="http://strifetv.smartvideochannel.com/media/playvideo.aspx?cid=EA6BFED6733F4A3E83CDF4EDCA8FA96 7">Replay video</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a target="_new" href="http://strifetv.smartvideochannel.com/media/playvideo.aspx?cid=EA6BFED6733F4A3E83CDF4EDCA8FA96 7&autoStart=0&email=1#email">Share video</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a target="_new" href="http://strifetv.smartvideochannel.com">Watch more videos</a></td></tr></table>

...strange...the messageboard wont let me embed that one. Anyhoo, click "REPLAY VIDEO" to watch SP Episode 1001 'The Death of Chef' in a new window. Click play to see my excellent review of the 2007 VH opening nights on the front page of this fine messagebord (WTF?).

Hummarstra
01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by VanHalener
You know why Tom likes pool?

http://i20.tinypic.com/2em0qkn.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Binky
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Don't care.

He's still a fucking fag.

Y' know I could risk 2years in jail if I said that to someone in England?

bueno bob
01-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Not if you're asking for a smoke, though... ;)