PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger dead at age 28

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
http://i11.tinypic.com/5xzxrg0.jpg

"January 22, 2008 -- Actor Heath Ledger was found dead today in his Broome Street apartment, apparently from a drug overdose.
Ledger, 28, was well known for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," and he stars in the upcoming "The Dark Knight" Batman movie as the Joker.
He split last year from wife, Michelle Williams, with whom he has a daughter, Matilda.
His apartment was strewn with sleeping pills and it was unclear if it was an intentional or accidental death."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222008/news/regionalnews/heath_ledger_dead_916418.htm

Panamark
01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Another report from www.news.com.au

HEATH Ledger has died of an apparent drug overdose.

The 28-year-old Perth-born actor's body was found in his apartment in New York.

The New York Post said his apartment was strewn with pills, adding that it was unclear whether the death was intentional.

The celebrity website TMZ said Ledger was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3.35pm New York time (7.35am AEDT).

According to the Associated Press, Ledger's body was discovered by his housekeeper who came to tell him his masseuse had arrived for an appointment.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

Ledger has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight.

Hyman Roth
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I hope he's ok. Its never too late to turn your life around.

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry Heath, I forgot to give you one of these...

:cato2: :daisy: :cato2:

It's sad when someone so young with so much ahead of them dies early in life, but I am relieved to know Heath's plans to remake RockyIII will not see the light.

From what I heard it was going to be a little something like this...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0JGSKjvpfBY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0JGSKjvpfBY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hyman Roth
01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Maybe he can still pull through?

Panamark
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Dudes,

this guy made one homo movie in an attempt to not
be stereotyped by hollywood. He has banged *THE*
finest pussy in the world, including the likes of Cameron
Diaz and a long relationship with Naomi Watts...

He was not gay in real life.

I will always remember him in "Two Hands" classic Aussie
film if you ever see it anywhere, beg, borrow or steal..

Sad news...

diamondsgirl
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
very sad news...nothing funny about it :(

Hyman Roth
01-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Wrong-o. There is humor everywhere.

People die everyday. Its part of the human condition.

Dan
01-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Damn,This Is Sad News.:(

RIP Heath Ledger.

Fairwrning
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
New York Times is saying the apartment was owned by Mary-Kate Olsen..why do I find this interesting?
Was he renting..or was he hooked up with the twin??

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Heath was alright in Patriot and that First Knight movie had a funny moment here and there, but I have not seen many movies he was in.

I don't dislike the man at all and I will not turn my back on him in the end. Just a little Brokeback residue clinging to the situation.

I'll check out "Two Hands" if Pana says it's good, but I'm going to quit movies altogether if "Two Hands" has anything to do with two men in the back seat of a car and a jar of petroleum jelly.

Is the Dark Knight movie completed or were they still shooting?

PumpedUpMidget
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Thought he had a promising career ahead of him.....Would have rather seen Jake Dullenhaal tap out instead....

Isaac R.
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Well maybe just a little...

"..and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

Even as he spoke, Mr. Ledger was hard-pressed to keep still. He got up and poured more coffee.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/movies/moviesspecial/04lyal.html?ref=moviesspecial&pagewanted=all

FORD
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
God damned prescription drugs. I'm a chronic insomniac myself, but there will be an NHL franchise in Hell before I ever touch Ambien.

Damn shame. Heath was a decent actor, and had a small child. He also wasn't one of the typical Hollywood party crowd, so it's not likely he was taking drugs to get high.

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Dudes,

He has banged *THE*
finest pussy in the world, including the likes of Cameron
Diaz and a long relationship with Naomi Watts...

He was not gay in real life.

Originally posted by Fairwrning
New York Times is saying the apartment was owned by Mary-Kate Olsen..why do I find this interesting?

I'm sure Heath was a lady killer and had a great sense of humour.

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 06:27 PM
I just hope it was not suicide.

FORD
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by VanHalener

Is the Dark Knight movie completed or were they still shooting?

Far as I know, they were done filming and in "post production", so Ledger's complete performance should be intact when the movie is released next summer.

bueno bob
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Well, he just became the ULTIMATE Joker...going to be kinda creepy going to see him in Dark Knight now.

Man, it bites. I never saw Brokeback, but I did see A Knight's Tale, The Patriot and a few other things he was in, and he was a fine, outstanding actor.

Genuinely sucks, but the opening weekend for Dark Knight is going to be fucking fantastic...no other bright light to be found in this one...

thome
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I liked that Knight's Tale movie so much I bought the DVD when it went into the bargain bin.

I got to say I was wondering why he made the Broken Back movie .

(i have yet to see it and see no reason why)

Dude like him probably would only break his back bangin babes.

I liked him his style reminded me of actors who are all about doing a good job and he seemed to have great timing.

I am sikk of actors like Cruise dead pan muppets who get so much credit for jack shit.If you aren't a real fag in Hollywood you just can't make it .

I was proud of a brother from another mother makin the deal.

RIP.

Fairwrning
01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, he just became the ULTIMATE Joker...going to be kinda creepy going to see him in Dark Knight now.

This movie will have a "Crow" feel to it..cant help but think of Brandon Lee dying while making that film.

Panamark
01-22-2008, 06:45 PM

I'll check out "Two Hands" if Pana says it's good, but I'm going to quit movies altogether if "Two Hands" has anything to do with two men in the back seat of a car and a jar of petroleum jelly.

Dont let the title fool you, its a dark comedy about
the Australian underworld, also stars Bryan Brown.
The Bank Robbery scene alone is worth the rental,
one of the funniest scenes ever..

Panamark
01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
"TWO HANDS" refers to his characters ability to fight.

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 06:47 PM
New York Times is saying the apartment was owned by Mary-Kate Olsen..

"...Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s deputy commissioner for public information, initially said that the apartment was owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, but later reversed himself and said that was not the case..."

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/actor-heath-ledger-is-found-dead/index.html?ex=1358744400&en=5ab413e5181b30ea&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Ally_Kat
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Wrong-o. There is humor everywhere.

People die everyday. Its part of the human condition.

While it's true that it's a human condition, I fail to see humor in any death. Esp the death of a man who recently had a baby girl.

binnie
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Fuck, I hope it's not suicide. That would somehow make it sadder.

RIP.

Who knows what might have been?

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
"TWO HANDS" refers to his characters ability to fight.

I know brother:cato2: ...just a little homour.

We all gotta go some time, but I really believe it is not the end for us so why not deal with death with a little humour?

There really is nothing I have against they man, yet. If this turns out to be suicide I will have absolutely no respct for the man. Could be an accidental overdose, but if he chose the pussy ass coward's way out I'll be very disappointed in the man.

Ally_Kat
01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Last photos of Ledger taken yesterday

http://i31.tinypic.com/119yzk4.jpg

http://pics.livejournal.com/ecctv/pic/00b8x71d/s640x480

http://pics.livejournal.com/ecctv/pic/00b90xpe

Vanessa
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
RIP Heath!

Panamark
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I know brother:cato2: ...just a little homour.

We all gotta go some time, but I really believe it is not the end for us so why not deal with death with a little humour?

There really is nothing I have against they man, yet. If this turns out to be suicide I will have absolutely no respct for the man. Could be an accidental overdose, but if he chose the pussy ass coward's way out I'll be very disappointed in the man.

Agree with you 100%

Those pics dont look too encouraging either..
Regardless of the outcome, check that movie out if
you get the chance. Thats how I will remember the dude.

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I'll do that. VanHalenette says she heard it was a very good flick.

The pictures Ally put up are really distubing. FAK, is that for real?

thome
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Last photos of Ledger taken yesterday

http://pics.livejournal.com/ecctv/pic/00b90xpe

I looked in the mirror and I look exactly like that only not cool.

Or human.

Maybe we all need to jump back and...... use .......a little less.:(

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Use less what, heroin?

Come on man, pleeease tell me you're not pushing that shit because it sure looks like Heath was.

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Then again, heroin is pretty glamorous...
http://i17.tinypic.com/4mtb2fm.jpg

Isaac R.
01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Hmmm...the plot sickens...

PETE'S BROTHER
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
very very sad indeed

thome
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Use less what, heroin?

Come on man, pleeease tell me you're not pushing that shit because it sure looks like Heath was.

I don't use anything my spirit can't handle ,but there are times ......

I have the ability to walk away, I like saying no more than yes ,so i'm cool.

I also don't make enough money to completely -Live While I'm Fly'in.-

Thanks for your concern, maybe I just n-n-need a new mirror .

SPEECH

{We all should tell our friends and children that the coolest part of getting off is saying -no- it is much cooler.

Simpler to spell and easier to say.

Heath does look like he is on the wrong end .Plus they should paint all sidewalk curbs with bright yellow paint.lol

Ambien is a psychotropic and more than just a sleeping pill .Asw per the earlier post.

ANYONE ON THIS BOARD ---Get off that shit it will rot your brain.

You will have a better time staying up and twiddling your earlobes than sleeping on that sh!T

I know this guy who took those for a two day stretch and by the end of the second day he decided he was a dentist and channell locks would do just fine, if it wasn't for a quick glance in the mirror he would need dentures.

Binky
01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I ain't directing you to that Liquid Generation link then.... they're quicker than Japanese rail and sharper than a fresh needle.

But seriously, it's all the same. We see this oh so nice young fresh man omg how could he die so sad, then we find he's probably been snorting coke from a dead prostitute's pussy. But no I hear it's sleeping pills. Yeah it's a shame but damnit, they never learn.

Hyman Roth
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
While it's true that it's a human condition, I fail to see humor in any death. Esp the death of a man who recently had a baby girl.

Well...if you examine my poor attempt to make y'all laugh, you will see that the joke was not about him dying so young and leaving issue that will not enjoy the benefit of his parenting skills, but, rather, the joke was on me. I was playing the roll of a dumb guy with no reading skills.

If I wanted to be a dick about it, I could have posted this:

http://xs223.xs.to/xs223/08043/sadledgerbyforev799.jpg

Hyman Roth
01-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by thome
I don't use anything my spirit can't handle ,but there are times ......

I have the ability to walk away, I like saying no more than yes ,so i'm cool.

I also don't make enough money to completely -Live While I'm Fly'in.-

Thanks for your concern, maybe I just n-n-need a new mirror .

SPEECH

{We all should tell our friends and children that the coolest part of getting off is saying -no- it is much cooler.

Simpler to spell and easier to say.

Heath does look like he is on the wrong end .Plus they should paint all sidewalk curbs with bright yellow paint.lol

Ambien is a psychotropic and more than just a sleeping pill .Asw per the earlier post.

ANYONE ON THIS BOARD ---Get off that shit it will rot your brain.

You will have a better time staying up and twiddling your earlobes than sleeping on that sh!T

I know this guy who took those for a two day stretch and by the end of the second day he decided he was a dentist and channell locks would do just fine, if it wasn't for a quick glance in the mirror he would need dentures.

God damn - what did that say before you edited it?

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
You were saying you would never use again. :)

Ally_Kat
01-22-2008, 08:17 PM

If I wanted to be a dick about it...

Dude, when are you not being a dick? ;) :D

Hyman Roth
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
muah! ;)

rustoffa
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Somebody delete that Brokeback Smallville thread.
:(

Isaac R.
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Binky
I ain't directing you to that Liquid Generation link then....

Well fuck...
http://img216.imagevenue.com/loc138/th_51996_heath_123_138lo.JPG (http://img216.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51996_heath_123_138lo.JPG)

Someone had to:mad:

Grant
01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I will always remember him in "Two Hands" classic Aussie
film if you ever see it anywhere, beg, borrow or steal..

Thanks for reminding me about that one, ain't seen that movie in ages (since High School days, i think). Will rent it (or better yet buy it) sometime this week.

Sad news indeed.

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Sad news indeed.

Don't think I'm heartless posting Heath's death the way I did.

I feel bad for Heath and his family, but this is the irreverent Roth Army.

Isaac R.
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
but this is the irreverent Roth Army.
;)
http://img226.imagevenue.com/loc209/th_53714_1201052075541_123_209lo.jpg (http://img226.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=53714_1201052075541_123_209lo.jpg)
http://img232.imagevenue.com/loc420/th_53715_1201052706200_123_420lo.jpg (http://img232.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=53715_1201052706200_123_420lo.jpg)

Matt White
01-22-2008, 09:09 PM
It's sad when anybody dies........

tragic when someone so young dies in such a senseless way.........

Matt White
01-22-2008, 09:09 PM
It's sad when anybody dies........

tragic when someone so young dies in such a senseless way.........

Panamark
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Just saw a news report here in Oz on TV.

They are reporting in the media here that it was accidental.
They found Valium and Xanax in his room, but police are
claiming it was not suicide.... Perhaps he just fucked up ?
Although a handful of both these benzo's would definately
do it...

blonddgirl777
01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by FORD
God damned prescription drugs. I'm a chronic insomniac myself, but there will be an NHL franchise in Hell before I ever touch Ambien...

You too? I kew it because of your presence here at "odd" hours... (an insomniac can easily spot another).

I started loosing sleep at around 18 years old. Went to my family Doctor who prescribed a light sleeping pill (wich I forgot the name) for only 10 days, saying that it would re-establish my sleeping pattern...

Well... it didn't. All it did, was to make me want more of these pills and as the Dr. Feelgood as he was, he prescribed more... and more.

By age 25, I've became a chronic insomniac. Since then, I sleep an average of 4-5 hours/night. I started smoking pot at age 25, taking a couple bong hits at around 4 AM to "go back to sleep" but the mornings where just brutal.

Only a couple years ago, I came to the conclusion that some people can live with less sleep and that I was just gonne have to deal with it.

Sleeping pills are the easy way out but they are so addictive and can ruin your whole day... and apparently your life!

Poor guy... all that fame, all that future ahead of him... gone!
And that little girl! :(

Hollywood Jesus
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I thought some of his best stuff was in Lords of Dogtown and Cassanova. To me, he was just coming into his own as an actor.

A real shame somebody with so much vitality on the horizon passes. A wise man once told me, though, that some go young and it's their time in the broad spectrum of life. In his mind, everybody goes at the exact right time. I think there's something peaceful and healing about that.

blonddgirl777
01-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Just saw a news report here in Oz on TV.

They are reporting in the media here that it was accidental.
They found Valium and Xanax in his room, but police are
claiming it was not suicide.... Perhaps he just fucked up ?
Although a handful of both these benzo's would definately
do it...

Benzos are the worst invention... ever!
A lot of prescription drugs are so dangerous and I noticed that in the U-S, it can be eaven more dangerous due to counterfits.

The cost of Doctor's visits and of the drugs themselves have caused to develop a huge black market that sells any kinds of shit to anyone on the interenet.

Not that we are safer here... our socialized health care makes it very easy to consult right and left as it is "free"... so people go and abuse of it, getting all the drugs they want.

What a mess!

And "they" say Marijuanna is dangerous! :rolleyes:

blonddgirl777
01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey Hollywood Jesus,
Is that Nicolette Sheridan, in your avatar?

Panamark
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more."

Panamark
01-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Grant
Thanks for reminding me about that one, ain't seen that movie in ages (since High School days, i think). Will rent it (or better yet buy it) sometime this week.

Sad news indeed.

G'day Grant, yeah I'm gonna buy it too..
How sad will it be hearing "These Days" at the end now ??

Hyman Roth
01-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Macbeth.

rustoffa
01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
This one goes out to Ledger.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0s6IRVBFgOo&rel=0&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0s6IRVBFgOo&rel=0&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Panamark
01-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Macbeth.

You sir are correct !

Panamark
01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Heres another song (no vid sorry) but song is from that movie..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ1-bZBlnzM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ1-bZBlnzM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

WARF
01-23-2008, 01:25 AM

mary kate is a herion addict!

WARF
01-23-2008, 01:25 AM

mary kate is a herion addict!

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 01:54 AM
If that's true I'd like to volunteer to wean her off the heroin injections with hot beef injections. That goes for her sister as well.

binnie
01-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
You too? I kew it because of your presence here at "odd" hours... (an insomniac can easily spot another).

I started loosing sleep at around 18 years old. Went to my family Doctor who prescribed a light sleeping pill (wich I forgot the name) for only 10 days, saying that it would re-establish my sleeping pattern...

Well... it didn't. All it did, was to make me want more of these pills and as the Dr. Feelgood as he was, he prescribed more... and more.

By age 25, I've became a chronic insomniac. Since then, I sleep an average of 4-5 hours/night. I started smoking pot at age 25, taking a couple bong hits at around 4 AM to "go back to sleep" but the mornings where just brutal.

Only a couple years ago, I came to the conclusion that some people can live with less sleep and that I was just gonne have to deal with it.

Sleeping pills are the easy way out but they are so addictive and can ruin your whole day... and apparently your life!

I too have pretty bad insomnia. Some nights I could almost cry because I can't sleep.

However, like you I would not want to take prescription drugs to solve the problem. They do more harm than good....

Panamark
01-23-2008, 05:25 AM
I get bouts of insomnia, but not constant, sounds like you
guys are far worse than me. I might go 2-3 days with 3 hours
per night, then end up a total dysfunctional zombie that
cant concentrate. I dont worry too much anymore (apart
from some lost productivity due to zombie-ness) eventually
I get so tired, then I crash back into normal sleep patterns
again.. My mind races when I cant sleep, I bet thats the same
deal with you guys.. Someone once told me if you suffer
from insomnia the best thing to do is to deliberatley
try to stay awake. Apparently it can have the opposite effect !
As opposed to forcing yourself to sleep...

Vinnie Velvet
01-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Its gonna be interesting how Warner deals with his death when they kick into promotional gear right before the premiere of the Dark Knight.

All because the character of the Joker mocks death, finds it funny killing people and watching them die, in other words, is a big nutjob.

The recent promotional poster for the movie has the Joker writing on a mirror or glass with red lipstick or presumably blood with the words 'Why So Serious?"

RIP Heath.

Hyman Roth
01-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Talk about being dicks. This is the kinda shit that pisses me off.
Its one thing to make a few tasteless jokes on a messageboard, but
protesting funerals? Who the fuck are these people?

Westboro Baptist Church front page today:

http://www.imagehustler.com/1207/1201104729.jpg

hideyoursheep
01-23-2008, 11:39 AM
These fuckers are relentless.

Is this the same "God Hates Fags" church run by the disbarred former
lawyer-turned-preacher who looks like the Cryptkeeper?

knuckleboner
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
yes. and they do stuff like this 100% because they know it will draw attention to them.

they are literally like a church of 10 family members. that's it. but they know how to play the self-promotiion game. unfortunately.

10 morons make a small stink, and 100 well-intentioned people counter protest, and suddenly it's a media event (giving the morons exactly what they wanted in the 1st place.)

FORD
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Ledger was an Aussie, and his family still lives there so it's likely he would be buried in Australia.

This provides Chimpy with the opportunity to do something right for once in his miserable life....

When the Phelps gang returns from Australia (assuming they make it out alive) stop them at Customs, and arrest them as terrorists.

Because that is exactly what they are.

diamondsgirl
01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
The idea of picketing a man's funeral is soo very fucked up, IMO. Especially due to a role he played in a movie.

And they refer to him as perverted...hmmm??? Couldn't picketing a funeral be considered perversion??

Nickdfresh
01-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah. This thread title is complete bullshit too...

A.) Heath Ledger wasn't gay ("poles") :rolleyes:

B.) He was apparently devoted to his wife and infant daughter

C.) He didn't "say no" as he didn't commit suicide

Yes, he used drugs and was a bit fucked up. But he seemed like a pretty decent human being overall, and there were many in Hollywood that I'd of rather passed than Ledger...

Nickdfresh
01-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Talk about being dicks. This is the kinda shit that pisses me off.
Its one thing to make a few tasteless jokes on a messageboard, but
protesting funerals? Who the fuck are these people?

Westboro Baptist Church front page today:

http://www.imagehustler.com/1207/1201104729.jpg

These are the "God Hates Fags" motherfuckers. The same ones that protest the military funerals of Iraq War dead. The reasoning being that God is punishing the US by killing off a relatively small number of soldiers because we (sort of) tolerate homosexuality...

jhale667
01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Ledger was an Aussie, and his family still lives there so it's likely he would be buried in Australia.

This provides Chimpy with the opportunity to do something right for once in his miserable life....

When the Phelps gang returns from Australia (assuming they make it out alive) stop them at Customs, and arrest them as terrorists.

Because that is exactly what they are.

In a perfect world, that's EXACTLY what should happen...:mad:

thome
01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Well everyone probably knows this already, but it was news to me.

I was scrolling through the TV last night and a pic of him popped up and I watched, I loathe the news, but I watched durring the?? REPORTER???

TRYING TO WIN A EMMY!!!!......(sorry TV reporters seems so discusting to me like never made the big time actors who act for the tele-prompter it's like Damien is talking to me)

They stated that he was 28yrs old, Dang!! I thought he was closer to 40.

I never realised and have only seen him in," Knight's Tale"', but Dang that is young too OD he must have really been way over the line.

It wasn't like he was 15yrs old,125pds or something like that.

They also stated that he was a "Million Dollar Actor" just on the verge of "Ten Million "per pic .

I guess they judge the quality of the actor on the size of his bank on a pic? sad really cause he was probably a 50 mil actor compared to 90% of what I see in most films.

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
This is not a church paper motherfuckers, it's the Roth Army.

Quit your fucking crying and take things the way they are meant to be taken in this environment.

You're a fucking mod so erase what you don't like here then get the sand out of your vagina.

Fucking people come in here and give me shit about some humour/tradgedy
posts regarding somebody you don't even know in the most irreverent site around. What a joke.

For my 4000th post let me invite you to suck my 10 inch.

(not directed at Pana or Ford)

Hyman Roth
01-23-2008, 06:07 PM
This is not a church paper motherfuckers, it's the Roth Army.

Quit your fucking crying and take things the way they are meant to be taken in this environment.

You're a fucking mod so erase what you don't like here then get the sand out of your vagina.

Fucking people come in here and give me shit about some humour/tradgedy
posts regarding somebody you don't even know in the most irreverent site around. What a joke.

For my 4000th post let me invite you to suck my 10 inch.

I wouldn't make that offer while thomo is online.

:D

thome
01-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Outstanding 4K post!

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
:D

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Perhaps I need to be banned.
Yes, someone please ban me.
I deserve it for my indiscretions.

Grant
01-23-2008, 07:39 PM
G'day Grant, yeah I'm gonna buy it too..
How sad will it be hearing "These Days" at the end now ??

Was that Powderfinger's one, it's been so long mate? Funny you should mention that song though, just so happened to be listen to Bon Jovi's 'These Days' this morning, caught their gig at Acer few days ago, proudly wore VH '79 tour shirt.

I read in the paper today also that Heath had a small part in that dog movie 'Paws' with young guitarist Nathan Cavilleri (remember him?). I would have that movie laying around somewhere on VHS because my dog had a scene it. Will have to scurry through and find Heath in there.

Another thing I found out - of course one would call this a patriotic thing that Heath did - was when during the making of Ned Kelly he apparently battled Hollywood producers' notion of wanting to ditch Ned's iconic beard for the shoot. It's good that he stood up to that, I couldn't even begin to imagine a clean-shaven Ned.

To be honest, I've never really focused much on his films before but will obviously will check them out now and marvel his talent.

Nickdfresh
01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Perhaps I need to be banned.
Yes, someone please ban me.
I deserve it for my indiscretions.

Sounds like a homo martyr'ship thing...

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm not here to pick fights Nick.
It just amazes me how some people act one way in one thread an another way in different threads.

Don't worry people, I have asked that the title of this thread be changed to "Heath Ledger" so people will not continue to have their feelings hurt.

Let me also publicly say I'm sorry for telling you to suck my dick, Nick. I'm here for the fun and CVH, not to make enemies.

Besides, I'm still waiting for that implant:) (see new years resolution thread;)

blonddgirl777
01-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I too have pretty bad insomnia. Some nights I could almost cry because I can't sleep.

However, like you I would not want to take prescription drugs to solve the problem. They do more harm than good....

O.M.G., Binnie,
I've cried so many nights!
I went from sad to mad to discouraged, to jealous at seeing my husgand sleep like a baby... everything!

But I read this book about 4 years ago that changed all that. It was an excellent book wich I forgot the author but it is a best seller. I will try to find out the details and P.M. it to you... there are very good "tricks" and it helped me a lot.

Basically, you have to accept your insomnia and not fight it by staying in bed and try to force it. I am still an insomniac but I deal with it a lot better. Still, a times, I'll throw a tantrum (mostly when very tired) and ask; "Why me?"...

Now (and only since a couple years), I have the chance and opportunity to not HAVE TO get up very early in the morning (my best sleeping hours are around 7:00-8:00 AM). I work freelance at home so I can manage my time around that sleeping pattern... I kick ass at 4:00-5:00 AM!

Sleeping pills are not only addictive and totally unhealthy but they provide a "fake sleep", one that doesn't benefit the human body at all.

Anyway, I don't want to bother everyone with my sleeping problems but if Heat Ledger was suffering chronic insomnia, I can say that he was probably very miserable.

Poor guy... he could have gotten some help!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2008, 09:57 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/

Police: Masseuse called Olsen twin before 911

Medical examiner says further tests needed to determine cause of death

Ledger autopsy inconclusive

Jan. 23: Medical examiner's office says it needs to do more tests in attempt to determine 28-year-old actor's cause of death.
MSNBC

MSNBC News Services
updated 32 minutes ago
NEW YORK - A massage therapist who discovered a lifeless Heath Ledger in his Manhattan apartment made her first call to actress Mary-Kate Olsen, according to an in-depth timeline police released Wednesday of the moments surrounding the Australian-born actor’s death.

According to The New York Times, New York City police officials said the massage therapist, Diana Wolozin, called Olsen, a friend of Ledger’s, twice before calling 911.

Representatives of Olsen told msnbc.com that they have no comment on The Times’ report.

Police said Ledger probably died sometime between 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday of what authorities say may be an accidental drug overdose.

Authorities found six different types of prescription drugs in Ledger’s apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe.

Ledger’s housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at his apartment with her own key and let herself in. At 1 p.m., she went to his bedroom to change a light bulb, and saw Ledger sleeping naked, lying face down in the bed with the sheets pulled up to his shoulders, and heard him snoring, according to a report from The New York Times. She left the room without thinking anything was wrong.

At 2:45 p.m., Wolozin showed up for her appointment with Ledger, who didn’t answer when she knocked on his door. She then tried to call him on his cell phone, but again got no response. She went into the bedroom, set up her massage table and again tried to wake Ledger.

Wolozin told police that Ledger was cold to the touch, but she just assumed he was unconscious. She proceeded to grab his cell phone and call Olsen, whose number is programmed into the speed dial on the phone. Wolozin knew that the “Full House” star and Ledger were friends, and she asked Olsen for advice on what she should do next.

Olsen, who also lives in Manhattan but was in California at the time, responded by saying she would send over her private security guards to help deal with the situation. In the ensuing moments, Wolozin realized that the situation was serious and called Olsen again to say she was calling for help, reports The Times. Wolozin called 911 at 3:26 p.m.

The emergency operator provided Wolozin directions on how to do CPR, but it was too late.

Paramedics — and one of Olsen’s security guards — arrived at 3:33 p.m. Rescue workers then moved Ledger’s body to the floor and used a defibrillator and CPR. The actor was pronounced dead at 3:36 p.m., reports The Times.

Numerous messages left at telephone numbers listed to Wolozin and Solomon were not returned Wednesday.

Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner’s office, said the autopsy on the 28-year-old actor was inconclusive and that more would be known in about 10 days, when more tests were completed.

A rolled-up $20 bill was also found on the floor near the Australian actor’s bed, but lab tests detected no traces of drug residue. Police also said no illegal drugs were found in the apartment.

News of the death stunned family, fans and colleagues.

“Working with Heath was one of the purest joys of my life,” said Ang Lee, who directed Ledger in “Brokeback Mountain.” “He brought to the role of Ennis more than any of us could have imagined — a thirst for life, for love and for truth, and a vulnerability that made everyone who knew him love him. His death is heartbreaking.”

Lee Daniels, who produced the critically acclaimed “Monster’s Ball” in which Ledger starred, strongly disputed any notion that Ledger had a drug problem.

“The definition of substance abuse is really up to one’s perspective,” Daniels said. “I didn’t see him as a drug addict. I saw him as someone who enjoyed life. I know drug addicts, he was not a drug addict.”

He said he saw Ledger a couple months ago and that he was in great spirits. “He was in a good mood, he was in a great place ... he was excited about living in New York.”

Before moving to Manhattan, Ledger lived in Brooklyn with then-girlfriend Michelle Williams in a four-story, sage-green brownstone with a black wrought-iron fence. Yellow tulips with red stripes were among the bouquets left by well-wishers Wednesday.

At the Brawta Caribbean Cafe two blocks from the residence, owner Jennifer Ewers said Ledger was a frequent guest who always ordered jerk chicken, rice and beans, and sorrel.

“He was a perfect gentleman. He comes in here with his hoodie on, reads a book, and gives you a peace sign,” she said. “He was always with his daughter, playing hide-and-seek among the plants, or on his skateboard, peeking his head in.”

Speaking in Australia, Ledger’s father called the death “tragic, untimely and accidental.”

“Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life,” Kim Ledger said. “Please now respect our family’s need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately.”

Fans left flowers and candles Wednesday outside Ledger’s apartment in the tony SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan on Wednesday. Khaled Ali, 41, a stage manager for a Broadway show, dropped off a candle on his way to work, saying he and fellow cast members were devastated.

“I felt a connection with him as an actor, as a fellow in the theater community,” he said. “With ‘Brokeback Mountain’ he touched me personally in telling the story of my community. It was very touching.”

Ledger was known for grueling, intense roles that became his trademark after he got his start in teen movies like “10 Things I Hate About You.” Thereafter, he avoided the easy path in favor of roles that forced him to bury his Australian accent and downplay his leading-man looks: the tormented gay cowboy Ennis Del Mar in “Brokeback Mountain”; a drug addict in “Candy”; an incarnation of Bob Dylan in “I’m Not There.”

Playing the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie “The Dark Knight,” may be his final finished performance.

Ledger split last year with Williams, who played his wife in “Brokeback.” The two had a daughter, the now 2-year-old Matilda. Early Wednesday, Williams and Matilda left Trollhattan, Sweden, where the 27-year-old actress had been shooting scenes for the upcoming film “Mammoth,” said Martin Stromberg, a spokesman for film production company Memfis Film.

“She received the news at her hotel late last night,” Stromberg said, adding he had not spoken to the actress after she learned of Ledger’s death.

The actor’s personal strife was accompanied by professional anxiety. He said in a November interview that “Dark Knight” and “I’m Not There” took a toll.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” Ledger told The New York Times. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour.

A day after Ledger’s death, at least six TV satellite trucks were parked on the block or around the corner from his Manhattan apartment, with a stream of TV reporters doing their standups. There were bouquets, letters and candles piled in front of the building.

A handwritten letter on plain white paper anchored by votive candles read:

“Heath, how could anyone hate 10 things about you. We couldn’t find one bad thing about you. God bless your soul, you’re in our prayers.”

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/x1xfrn.jpg

blonddgirl777
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
The idea of picketing a man's funeral is soo very fucked up, IMO. Especially due to a role he played in a movie.

And they refer to him as perverted...hmmm??? Couldn't picketing a funeral be considered perversion??

Perversion, disgusting and immoral!!!
What kind of "church" cannot respect human beings in their most vulnerable moments!
Absolutely NO respect for the family and all the ones deeply touched...

If they can't let someone die in peace and their family mourn as they diserve... those homophobic fuckers diserve to burn in hell themselves!!! :mad:

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Funerals are sacred family and friends time.

That mockery of a real family calling themselves a church will get theirs, rest assured. Karma can be a bitch when you are that low of a life form masquerading as a human being.

Personally, I recommend Napalm be delivered while they are all at "Church." BASTARDS

Panamark
01-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Was that Powderfinger's one, it's been so long mate? Funny you should mention that song though, just so happened to be listen to Bon Jovi's 'These Days' this morning, caught their gig at Acer few days ago, proudly wore VH '79 tour shirt.

I read in the paper today also that Heath had a small part in that dog movie 'Paws' with young guitarist Nathan Cavilleri (remember him?). I would have that movie laying around somewhere on VHS because my dog had a scene it. Will have to scurry through and find Heath in there.

Check back in the thread mate, I posted Powederfinger's "These Days"
awesome (but very depressing) song...

Your Dog was in a movie ?? Did he accidentally run into the
scene or did they approach you ? Or were you one of these obsessed
puppy parents who took him to acting school ?? lol..

Dan
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM

Mark,How Are The Public Back Home Taking His Death?

Panamark
01-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Mark,How Are The Public Back Home Taking His Death?

Its massive news here mate, the main newspaper in Sydney today
had its entire front cover a colour photo of him. The headline
was "Beautiful Flame"
Its on every news bulletin even now. Everyone I have spoken too
since yesterday has spoken about it and have been totally
shocked. Biggest reaction I have seen since Steve Irwin's death.

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Ledgers home town of Perth
http://i10.tinypic.com/5zpm6v4.jpghttp://i29.tinypic.com/bdjgwm.jpg

Grant
01-23-2008, 11:50 PM

Was that the YouTube clip link? Unfortunately, I can't view YouTube clips from my work PC, they've denied access to it. But yeah great song!

It was actually my brother's dog, but I like to say it was also mine because I never had one of my own and we took turns in looking after it. My brother used to live in Newtown where they were shooting the movie and found her (i.e. the dog) having a siesta (i.e. lying belly-up in the sunshine on the footpath) and approached my brother for permission to use her for a couple of scenes. It only got a good 2 seconds shown in the film - the rest made the cutting room floor lol.

Public reaction here Dan is obviously shock and sadness. It is indeed Steve Irwin and Michael Hutchence all over again.

On another note, I've had a weird thing just happen to me today. I just found that one of our company members (i.e. a young female doctor - I work in medical malpractice) - also born in 1979 like Heath - died of an overdose of some kind of drugs too. Checked her details on file and found out I've spoken to her over the phone on a few occasions. Just found that striking coincidence really weird.

Dan
01-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Its massive news here mate, the main newspaper in Sydney today
had its entire front cover a colour photo of him. The headline
was "Beautiful Flame"
Its on every news bulletin even now. Everyone I have spoken too
since yesterday has spoken about it and have been totally
shocked. Biggest reaction I have seen since Steve Irwin's death.

It's Also A Shock to The Kiwi Fans Too.

Been On The Radio And T.V. All Day Yesterday.

So Young And Full Of Life.:(

Dan
01-23-2008, 11:57 PM

Public reaction here Dan is obviously shock and sadness. It is indeed Steve Irwin and Michael Hutchence all over again.

On another note, I've had a weird thing just happen to me today. I just found that one of our company members (i.e. a young female doctor - I work in medical malpractice) - also born in 1979 like Heath - died of an overdose of some kind of drugs too. Checked her details on file and found out I've spoken to her over the phone on a few occasions. Just found that striking coincidence really weird.

Damn,Sorry To Hear About That Grant.

Grant
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Damn,Sorry To Hear About That Grant.

It's okay, mate. Although yes, that too it is sad, but no need to be sorry for me since I never knew her personally as a friend. But thanks for concern anyway, mate!

Panamark
01-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Sucks when somebody doesnt get a chance to complete their
potential.. Kinda like Randy Rhoads.. Its also another case
of you dont realize what you have, until its gone.

Panamark
01-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Funny story about your Dog Grant, my best mate from school
had his car worked on by Kylie Minogue on neigbours, it was
an old Holden ! lol.. then years later he became friends with
Kylies brother and actually got to hang out at Kylies place in
London, while she was home !

jhale667
01-24-2008, 01:07 AM
R.I.P.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkT1wdRePco&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkT1wdRePco&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

VanHalener
01-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Sucks when somebody doesnt get a chance to complete their
potential.. Kinda like Randy Rhoads.. Its also another case
of you dont realize what you have, until its gone.

Brandon Lee was another

Panamark
01-24-2008, 01:20 AM
What I want to know is why did the person who found him call
that Olsen chick 2 times before calling 911 ?? WTF ??
What if it comes out that those vital minutes could have
made the difference.. Holy Crap !

VanHalener
01-24-2008, 01:34 AM

Biggest reaction I have seen since Steve Irwin's death.

What a great guy he was. Whenever his name pops up my mood swings low for a while. Steve was The Man:(

blonddgirl777
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Brandon Lee...

:sex:

binnie
01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
O.M.G., Binnie,
I've cried so many nights!
I went from sad to mad to discouraged, to jealous at seeing my husgand sleep like a baby... everything!

But I read this book about 4 years ago that changed all that. It was an excellent book wich I forgot the author but it is a best seller. I will try to find out the details and P.M. it to you... there are very good "tricks" and it helped me a lot.

Basically, you have to accept your insomnia and not fight it by staying in bed and try to force it. I am still an insomniac but I deal with it a lot better. Still, a times, I'll throw a tantrum (mostly when very tired) and ask; "Why me?"...

Now (and only since a couple years), I have the chance and opportunity to not HAVE TO get up very early in the morning (my best sleeping hours are around 7:00-8:00 AM). I work freelance at home so I can manage my time around that sleeping pattern... I kick ass at 4:00-5:00 AM!

Thanks, I would appreciate the book title. Any suggestions are helpful.

My best sleeping hours are in the middle of the day, between 10AM and 2PM - however, I actually work best very early in the morning so it's often difficult to sleep.

My problem is that I'm a natural worrier, I worry about the future a lot and want to control my whole life (when will I buy a house? Will I get the jo I want? Will I have enough money in old age? Things that everyone worries about, but I just can't seem to stop.)

However, I can function perfectly fine on 3-4 hours a night. I can usuaully have a month of that and be OK. It might change as I get older.....

ELVIS
01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkOpJsdjrEU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkOpJsdjrEU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKa-aDga1fE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKa-aDga1fE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ELVIS
01-24-2008, 12:55 PM
That dude is burnt in that last clip...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwh3VXOmUIM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwh3VXOmUIM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

diamondsgirl
01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
I love that Ellen DeGeneres clip. She is so friggin' funny, and he had such a great laugh. Seems like he was a great sport, all around.

ELVIS
01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Dang...

The guy was pretty popular, eh ??

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywG_Cv4Qp_o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywG_Cv4Qp_o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

RIP

Grant
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Funny story about your Dog Grant, my best mate from school
had his car worked on by Kylie Minogue on neigbours, it was
an old Holden ! lol.. then years later he became friends with
Kylies brother and actually got to hang out at Kylies place in
London, while she was home !

Gotta love ole sexy mechanic Charlene Mitchell even looking back on those perm days. Cool story there! Tell Bomber that and he'll probably would wanna buy your mate's car (if he's still got it?), or be invited to Kylie's shack so he can mooch around for those famous golden hot-pants lol.

Binky
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I apologise for my last post.

I heard he was having trouble sleeping during the Batman film so he took sleeping pills. Maybe one night he took one too many to knock him out and his system couldn't cope.

But you know for some unexplained reason the WBC hates Sweden too. Are they jealous of their better health service? I fuckin' hate that group, they're not Christians and I wish they would just drown.

As for being an insomniac.... sleep is overrated. That's how bad mine is.

Jrsgrades
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
What???? Is it a surprise that another spoiled drug addict kid is dead? Get outta here. :eek:

Panamark
01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Jrsgrades
What???? Is it a surprise that another spoiled drug addict kid is dead? Get outta here. :eek:

I guess you can look at this from all angles, the autopsy was
inconclusive. Considering they performed it within 24 hours
of death, there was obviously no immediate evidence of
illegal drugs. Toxicology reports will help, but at this point
one could even assume a combination of exhaustion,
a few drinks and some prescribed sleeping pills may
have done it.. Perhaps he had an underlying heart problem
that was triggered ? I would wait for the final coroners report
before stickin labels on the guy..

Panamark
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Gotta love ole sexy mechanic Charlene Mitchell even looking back on those perm days. Cool story there! Tell Bomber that and he'll probably would wanna buy your mate's car (if he's still got it?), or be invited to Kylie's shack so he can mooch around for those famous golden hot-pants lol.

Actually my friend ended up quite tight with the Minogues, I
believe he even attended Kylie's brother's wedding...
I lost contact with him about 3 years ago, he was working at
Channel Nine, then Sony. He Met Kylies brother at Channel 9.

Its funny when he told me about going to her apartment in
London, it was no big deal to him at all.. I guess cos he's good
mates with her brother.. I was like WTF !!!???!! you bugger !!
lol...

Grant
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Actually my friend ended up quite tight with the Minogues, I
believe he even attended Kylie's brother's wedding...
I lost contact with him about 3 years ago, he was working at
Channel Nine, then Sony. He Met Kylies brother at Channel 9.

Its funny when he told me about going to her apartment in
London, it was no big deal to him at all.. I guess cos he's good
mates with her brother.. I was like WTF !!!???!! you bugger !!
lol...

I'd react that way too. What horny red-blooded male wouldn't? :D

You probably can locate him nowadays on MySpace or Facebook. He's probably bound to have both Kyles and Danni on his friend list - stuff aliases, get the real deal! :cool:

bueno bob
01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Well, if nothing else, at least Britney will have to commit suicide to top this...got her out of the news for the week, anyway...

jhale667
01-25-2008, 12:56 AM
I would wait for the final coroners report
before stickin labels on the guy..

Exactly. And anyone who is an insomniac (myself included) can relate to how it screws your functionality...I feel bad for the guy...
Though I heard on the news this morning even with all the stuff he was prescribed, it still would be difficult to accidentally O.D. on them, like taking one or two more than your prescribed dosage of each might make you sick as a dog, but wouldn't necessarily KILL you...
So who knows...

And it does look like he did a helluva job as the Joker, from what I'm seeing...
I can totally see where you guys are coming from with the Brandon Lee comparison - Mime from hell makeup and whatnot, but that poor guy was SHOT on set...

I can't remember the actor's name that unintentionally fired the shot....the dude from the Warriors (just dated myself there), but I heard he was completely messed up by that...
haven't seen him in much since....
Imagine that though, prop master hands you a "prop" gun, you turn around, say your line and suddenly blow a REAL hole in your co-worker's chest....:eek: :(

binnie
01-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by jhale667

I can't remember the actor's name that unintentionally fired the shot....the dude from the Warriors (just dated myself there), but I heard he was completely messed up by that...
haven't seen him in much since....
Imagine that though, prop master hands you a "prop" gun, you turn around, say your line and suddenly blow a REAL hole in your co-worker's chest....:eek: :(

Yeah, that would be awful. Something I'd never get over for sure...

blonddgirl777
01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Thanks, I would appreciate the book title. Any suggestions are helpful...

O.K., I finally remembered last night (trying to sleep) L.O.L.
I said I would PM you with that book title but I think it could perhaps benefit other members as well...

I don't know if you can read some French or you can try to take this to a book store or librairie and ask if they have the English translation. It is a best seller within the francophone countries, so I imagine it would be translated in many languages...???

Title: "Vaincre Les Ennemis Du Sommeil" (Overcome The Ennemies Of Sleep)
Edition House; "Les Editions de l'Homme"
Author: Charles M. Morin

It is an excellent book with real "tricks" and worksheets that can help the most chronic insomniac if he/she puts the time and effort to it.
Binnie, you are still young and it's worth the try!

Two of the worst things as being an ennemies of sleep are for sure, worries and anxieties...

Dood Luck!
And remember; NO SLEEPING PILLS... EVER!!!

VanHalener
01-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Woman+French accent=http://i14.tinypic.com/4pl9cud.jpg

blonddgirl777
01-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Woman+French accent=http://i14.tinypic.com/4pl9cud.jpg

L.O.L...
And here, the boys go http://i14.tinypic.com/4pl9cud.jpg when an Anglophone woman tries to speak French!

The grass is always greener...

Baby's On Fire
01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Why does anyone give a shit about this guy?

Another silver spoon fuckup who killed himself with drugs.

He fucking deserves it. What about all the people who die prematurely who didn't fuck themselves up?

Baby's On Fire
01-25-2008, 09:36 PM
I apologise for my last post.

I heard he was having trouble sleeping during the Batman film so he took sleeping pills. Maybe one night he took one too many to knock him out and his system couldn't cope.

But you know for some unexplained reason the WBC hates Sweden too. Are they jealous of their better health service? I fuckin' hate that group, they're not Christians and I wish they would just drown.

As for being an insomniac.... sleep is overrated. That's how bad mine is.

It was a lot more than sleeping pills. Unless you're trying to kill yourself, sleeping pills alone ain't gonna do it.

The guy was (and looked like) a fucking drug addict.

Fuck 'im.

Matt White
01-25-2008, 09:42 PM
"Deserves" got nothin' to do with it...."

SparkieD
01-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I never took much note of the guy or saw any of his movies. I just knew him as one of the guys in "Backdoor Mountin'." My little sister had a major case of wetness for him. Acutally, those newer pics of him aren't so bad, just looks like he doesn't feel well. Lookin' like that, he woulda made a great kid brother of Captain Jack Sparrow...UFF!

Deepest sympathy to those who love him, especially that little girl.

blonddgirl777
01-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Smells like jealousy!
Have no fear B.O.F... the poor man is dead!

Baby's On Fire
01-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
I never took much note of the guy or saw any of his movies. I just knew him as one of the guys in "Backdoor Mountain." My little sister had a major case of wetness for him. Acutally, those newer pics of him aren't so bad, just looks like he doesn't feel well. Lookin' like that, he woulda made a great kid brother of Captain Jack Sparrow...UFF!

Deepest sympathy to those who love him, especially that little girl.

Looks like he doesn't feel well? Did you SEE the photos of him?

He makes Slash look sober. This guy was way fucked up on drugs, and not sleeping pills.

Open your eyes.

A silver spoon fuck-up who blew it. I have no sympathy for people like this. There's plenty of people who deserve sympathy, not fuckups like this.

Baby's On Fire
01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Smells like jealousy!
Have no fear B.O.F... the poor man is dead!

Yeah. Jealousy. I'm jealous of a 28 year old fuck-up drug addict who killed himself.

Good one.

Baby's On Fire
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Why do you say it has nothing to do with it?

The guy was a loser addict who killed himself.

He had a gift and opportunity, and fucked it up. Drugs were more important to him. And don't give me the insomnia horseshit. Oding on sleeping pills accidentally is almost impossible.

Yep. He deserved it.

Why don't you save your sympathy for people who die prematurely, and without just reason?

Panamark
01-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Looks like he doesn't feel well? Did you SEE the photos of him?

He makes Slash look sober. This guy was way fucked up on drugs, and not sleeping pills.

Open your eyes.

A silver spoon fuck-up who blew it. I have no sympathy for people like this. There's plenty of people who deserve sympathy, not fuckups like this.

So what if the toxicology reports come back clean.
If he was smacked out dont you think an autopsy
within 24 hours would have picked that up in his
blood ?

What if the reports show he was on nothing more
than prescribed meds and had pneumonia at the
time ??

Will you show your human side then ??

If he did OD on smack, Im with you.

Binky
01-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, if nothing else, at least Britney will have to commit suicide to top this...got her out of the news for the week, anyway...
In the UK it's the fuckin' McCanns. God they're either very devious or extrememly retarded.

To be honest, these things happen. People come and suddenly they're dead. Happened with me dad, you gotta get used to it no matter how much you don't like it.

Next obituary thread, Britney. Her career is there as is her soul, we just need her body now.

VanHalener
01-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Friday 25th January, 2008

Heath Ledger - Toxicology reports still to come

"...New York City Medical Examiners say they expect final toxicology results to be available in ten days time..."

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=321076

VanHalener
01-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

It's driving me crazy. Can't think which flick:mad:

Steve Savicki
01-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Gay hate group to picket Ledger's funeral because he played a gay cowboy:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/gay%20hate%20group%20to%20picket%20ledgers%20funer al_1057236

Ack, it's Phelps!

blonddgirl777
01-25-2008, 10:17 PM
... Will you show your human side then ??...

Pointless...
You are talking to an ass hole, don't expect anything clean to come out of it!

Steve Savicki
01-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Sorry, didn't see the grave picking was already posted... man anything inspired by Phelps is reacted to in warp speed like a jackal to meat!

Binky
01-25-2008, 10:35 PM
What concerns me is how is a terrorist group like Westboro allowed to operate in your country? Unless Bush approves. Ack.

Baby's On Fire
01-25-2008, 10:46 PM
So what if the toxicology reports come back clean.
If he was smacked out dont you think an autopsy
within 24 hours would have picked that up in his
blood ?

What if the reports show he was on nothing more
than prescribed meds and had pneumonia at the
time ??

Will you show your human side then ??

If he did OD on smack, Im with you.

My human side?

I have a far biger human side than you imagine where it should be applied.

Tell me, how does one OD on sleeping pills, if not intentional or through drug-abuse? It's not easy to do. How often do you hear of it?

Wasn't this guy a well-known drug user?

I'm sorry, but there's far too many excuses out there. People need to take responsibility for themselves.

Listen,I don't wish him or anyone else dead, but fuck off with the tragedy bullshit.

A little kid being hit by a car is a tragedy.....

Baby's On Fire
01-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Pointless...
You are talking to an ass hole, don't expect anything clean to come out of it!

Shut up you dumb cunt.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I have more generosity and selflesness in my pinky than you'll ever accumulate over a lifetime.

When did you last take in a stray animal? When did you last give piles of cash to a needy friend without ever having even been asked? Then not accepting repayment?

That's what I thought you selfish twat.

I just tell it like it is,and call out phony idiots like you every time.

You're all talk,and no substance.

Now fuck off. And go cry over a drug-addled loser and pretend you're a decent person.

VanHalener
01-25-2008, 10:56 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/33vya6e.jpg

VanHalener
01-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Took me a while.

Panamark
01-25-2008, 11:41 PM
My human side?

I have a far biger human side than you imagine where it should be applied.

Tell me, how does one OD on sleeping pills, if not intentional or through drug-abuse? It's not easy to do. How often do you hear of it?

Wasn't this guy a well-known drug user?

I'm sorry, but there's far too many excuses out there. People need to take responsibility for themselves.

Listen,I don't wish him or anyone else dead, but fuck off with the tragedy bullshit.

A little kid being hit by a car is a tragedy.....

Im actually agreeing with you.
If he was a heroin addict crack fiend, I'm with ya.

If not, then death at 28 is tragic, no matter who it is.

blonddgirl777
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
... dumb cunt... selfish twat.... phony idiots like you... fuck off...

Booo Hooo!!!
Again and again... words of wisdom from Mr. Shitmouth...
Time to finish *high school, bastard!

*"High", not as in drugs... this time!

P.S.: You need to get laid, BIG TIME!
Go see "Brokeback Mountain" for inspiration! ;)

bueno bob
01-26-2008, 12:04 AM
I have more generosity and selflesness in my pinky than you'll ever accumulate over a lifetime.

When did you last take in a stray animal? When did you last give piles of cash to a needy friend without ever having even been asked? Then not accepting repayment?

That's what I thought you selfish twat.

So what?

The bigger mark of a generous person is a person who doesn't feel the need to cite examples online in an effort to belittle somebody else. A selfless deed is it's own reward, not something to brag about later.

I just tell it like it is,and call out phony idiots like you every time.

You're all talk, and no substance.

This is a message board.

Everybody's all post and no substance, unless you actually get proactive and drive across country to burn down somebody's mobile home due to a flame war online...

...but that's another website entirely...

Panamark
01-26-2008, 12:13 AM
You can tell BOF's genuine charitiable nature and humanity in the
simple things he does. Calling a woman "Cunt" for example.

Grant
01-26-2008, 01:37 AM
You can tell BOF's genuine charitiable nature and humanity in the
simple things he does. Calling a woman "Cunt" for example.

Not to mention his contradictive posts - before the full certain circmustances of Heath's death are yet to be known - from downright declaring "the guy was a loser addict who killed himself!" to his then questioning of uncertainty "wasn't this guy a well-known drug user?" Talk about flip-floppin'.

I don't like it either when drug users end up offing themselves, but any untimely death of an individual, regardless of circumstances, is a tragedy.

Dan
01-26-2008, 01:57 AM
B.O.F Is A AssClown.

Binky
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Everybody's all post and no substance, unless you actually get proactive and drive across country to burn down somebody's mobile home due to a flame war online...

...but that's another website entirely... [/B]
OMG! What was that about?

blonddgirl777
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
OMG! What was that about?

A sarcastic attempt to make B.O.F. understand that he still doesn't make any sense... as usual!

BOMBER
01-27-2008, 06:35 PM
H.Ledger's finest performance was playing Sally's love interest in the award winning soap,Home And Away - he was a Summer Bay Stud.

Two Hands was the movie that booked Heath a ticket to Tinsletown and as Panamark has said,people should get a hold of it and have a look.

They are saying in the papers that he was about to sign on to play Micheal Hutchence in a movie on the INXS singers life,pity we'll never get to see this.

blonddgirl777
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by BOMBER
... They are saying in the papers that he was about to sign on to play Micheal Hutchence in a movie on the INXS singers life,pity we'll never get to see this.

Pity all right!
That would have been AWSOME!!!

Panamark
01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Apparently his body was still warm.
(Despite 10 odd calls to Ms Olsen and her security visiting
before 911 was dialled and paramedics arrived)

Before we all freak out, I read a coroner's comments about
this in Oz. Apparently, its possible in the right conditions
for a body to only lose 1 degree per hour after death.
So he could have been gone for hours.

I hope for the sake of the masuer and the housekeeper,
thats what the finding is. Imagine living with that, knowing
that the extra 10-20 minutes of screwing around before
calling 911 would have saved his life...

We must be getting close to the official toxicology reports...

FORD
02-02-2008, 03:04 PM
The un-fucking-believable nerve of these hateful shitheads........

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/Pajakev/westledg.png

Redballjets88
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I truly hate people like the above. It spreads shit all over the Christian faith. It is truly sickening. As a christian I hate these people they just fuel the fire of dissent towards christianity.

IMO the people who want to do this are not true christians. Look at Jesus and the people he took in. If Jesus was around today he would be spending his time in the lowest parts of the world helping the people that these people hate.

Panamark
02-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Man ?!

The Australian Baptists think these guys are nuts BTW..

Are these dudes a KKK cell with a different sign above the
shop or what ??

hideyoursheep
02-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Are these dudes a KKK cell with a different sign above the
shop or what ??

They seem to follow the same doctrine.

The good people of Topeka must be proud.

:rolleyes:

Where's a fuckin' tornado when you need one?:p

hideyoursheep
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
I don't know much about what he might have been taking.

Could it be possible he ran out of smack and accidentally OD'd on substitutes?

Panamark
02-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
I don't know much about what he might have been taking.

Could it be possible he ran out of smack and accidentally OD'd on substitutes?

Yep. I reckon thats one possibility.

Its come out in the press here now that he *did* dabble
in harder drugs. "Did" being the important word. Was he
a recovering addict, the drugs they found in the apartment
would go along with this theory.

He obviously didnt die of smack or else they would have
found evidence of that immediately.

blonddgirl777
02-02-2008, 11:38 PM
The un-fucking-believable nerve of these hateful shitheads........

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/Pajakev/westledg.png

If Heath Ledger' family would sue this hate group for public harrasment, would they win the case or would those Phelps be untouchable under the "rule of religion"?

For exemple; we've had a case of Jehova's Witness, regularely knocking at people's doors at around 8:00 AM on the week ends, in order to sell their stuff and convert...

Some cities tried to pass this law where below a certain time of day, no-one, under any circumstances shall be allowed to disturb the lives of people who diserve their peace and quiet (and well diserved rest), especially on week-ends.

Well... because here, people can do just about anything in the name of religion, the law hasn't passed... We still have to tolerate being woken up and deal with the intruders...

Some people can get really agressive, especially when sick and tired and totally feeling harrassed... so, no-one wins!

Human rights... who gets to be protected?

jhale667
02-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88

If Jesus was around today he would be....

I'd like to think if Jesus were around he'd go to these scumbag's offices and pull the same "break stuff" routine he did in the temple with the money-changers...only WORSE. I mean, fire-and-brimstone, SMITING these pieces of human scum....

would be equally justified...

blonddgirl777
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
... If Jesus was around today he would be spending his time in the lowest parts of the world helping the people that these people hate.

TOTALLY!
All that, wearing real Birkenstock's and an organic hemp robe...

Modern day Jesus was Mother Teresa... all she did in her life was to help others. All work no talk!

Panamark
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Report out,

An accidental overdose of low level combined prescription medications.
He did not commit suicide.

Let the backpeddlers begin !!

RIP HEATH :(

VanHalener
02-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Heard a little about this today, but don't know if I would classify it as "low level" per say.

Just heard they found six or more (legally obtained) drugs in his sytem and the interaction between those drugs stopped him from breathing.
(just what I heard)
What faking drag.

RIP

jhale667
02-06-2008, 05:35 PM
R.I.P. indeed. :(

I believe more now his performance in The Dark Knight will have a similar iconic effect as with Brandon Lee in The Crow.
Though Lee's death was still way more F*ed up, now ya know Ledger did not commit suicide.

Plus, I hear he turned in a helluva performance. We'll see.

Douglas T.
02-06-2008, 05:40 PM

:rolleyes:
Where's a fuckin' tornado when you need one?:p

:rolleyes: careful what ya ask for!

hideyoursheep
02-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
:rolleyes: careful what ya ask for!

:confused:

C'mon! You know what I was going for.

An F-2 right down center aisle of the Westboro Baptist "church".

And it's gone.

I've dodged my share already, thanks.

FORD
02-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Report out,

An accidental overdose of low level combined prescription medications.
He did not commit suicide.

Let the backpeddlers begin !!

RIP HEATH :(

Sad story....

Apparently Heath was having chronic sleep problems ever since he finished filming the "Joker" role.

Took the wrong combination of prescription chemicals......

I know how frustrating insomnia can get, but I won't use those poisons.
Shit's all garbage as far as I'm concerned. Too bad he didn't have natural alternatives. :(

Douglas T.
02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
:confused:

C'mon! You know what I was going for.

An F-2 right down center aisle of the Westboro Baptist "church".

And it's gone.

Yep ... works for me!!!

I've dodged my share already, thanks.

You and me both! Counting my blessings here!

hideyoursheep
02-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
You and me both! Counting my blessings here!

FUCK, man!!

I had no idea about yesterday. sorry.

Panamark
02-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Sad story....

Apparently Heath was having chronic sleep problems ever since he finished filming the "Joker" role.

Took the wrong combination of prescription chemicals......

I know how frustrating insomnia can get, but I won't use those poisons.
Shit's all garbage as far as I'm concerned. Too bad he didn't have natural alternatives. :(

Some people have no choice. If you can suffer insomnia without
any form of relief, you are stronger than most. Insomnia
should be treated, Im sure you are only too aware of the side
effects, lack of energy, lack of concentration, dangerous to
drive a car.. I dont suffer from this on a regular basis but
will get 2-3 days a month where I dont sleep. Its more like
laying there with your eyes closed, but you never reach
the deep levels of sleep required to recharge the old system.

When it hits me, Im a useless piece of shit for 3 days.
Seriously, I will postpone meetings, decision making,
everything that involves a reliable brain, as the lethargy
caused by insomnia leaves me in a state where I cant
trust myself to make clear judgement..

If you suffer anxiety, to the point of agrophobia, medication
is the only answer. Hypnotherapy and Cognitive therapy
only go so far. I have suffered high levels of anxiety since
my 20's due to a crazy hyperactive nature. It sucks when
you cant just relax, I really relate to that..

Point is, some people can manage, others cant.

Try being an anxiety ridden panic attack fucker who
cant even leave the house.. Not too many job prospects
for those folks.. In these cases medication is a life
saver and gives control back to the person.

Im glad Heath wasnt some crackhead heroin freak.
Many were quick to label him as such.
He dabbled a bit in the past, but was obviously
past that and wanting to be a good father..