PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Tribute Bands

Hummarstra
01-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Are you sick of lazy musicians forming tribute bands, too? I mean, there are 1 million VH tribute bands in every country around the world posting themselves on utube. So, every tribute band I find on utube gets my "TRIBUTE BANDS ARE TOTALLY GAY" post in comments. Write some songs you lazy fucks!
:gun: :elvis: :blow: :monekyl: :splooge: :cheese: :wow2: :heyfu: :monekyr:

Hummarstra
01-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh, and Atomic Punks excluded. They're awesome. : )

Ellyllions
01-27-2008, 11:04 AM
I've seen 2 tribute bands in my whole life, by choice.
The first was a Van Halen tribute band that just happened to be playing a club that wanted us to do a web site.

It was a pathetic performance. The musicianship was pretty good, but the members were dressed-like and trying to act like the actual band. Felt weird and phony.

The second time was an outing with some friends who wanted to see a band that they knew personally. The friend band was opening for a Kiss tribute band.

When the Kiss tribute band took the stage we laughed our asses off and were gone by the second song.

I just cannot take a band seriously who tries so hard to mimick the look and stage antics of someone else. You can play the music and pay it respect without trying to "be" the person.