PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Campaign Manager QUITS

LoungeMachine
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
February 10, 2008, 5:07 pm
Clinton Campaign Manager Is Out
By Julie Bosman

WASHINGTON — Patti Solis Doyle has stepped down as Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign manager, the campaign announced on Sunday.

She will be replaced by Maggie Williams, a senior adviser to the campaign.
Ms. Solis Doyle will stay on as a senior adviser and “will continue to be a key part of the campaign,” said Mo Elleithee, a spokesman.
“It’s not a shakeup,” he said. “It will be a seamless transition. She and Maggie are longtime friends and they have been working closely together for the last month.”
In an e-mail message sent to campaign staff on Sunday afternoon, Ms. Solis Doyle announced that she would step down from the post.
“This has already been the longest presidential campaign in the history of our nation, and one that has required enormous sacrifices from all of us and our families,” she wrote. “During the last month I have been working closely with my longtime friend, Maggie Williams. This week Maggie will begin to assume the duties of campaign manager. I will serve as a senior adviser to Hillary and the campaign and travel with Hillary from time to time on the road.”

Ms. Williams is a longtime friend and adviser to Mrs. Clinton, but her role as senior adviser to the campaign was only made formal in the last month.
Mrs. Clinton released a statement on Sunday afternoon, saying that Ms. Solis Doyle “has done an extraordinary job in getting us to this point.”
“I am enormously grateful for her friendship and her outstanding work,” she wrote. “And, as Patti has said, this already has been the longest presidential campaign in history and one that has required enormous sacrifices of everyone and our families. I look forward to her continued advice in the months ahead.”
The Clinton campaign suffered a weekend of defeats in nominating contests in Washington State, Nebraska and Louisiana. For days, Mrs. Clinton’s advisers have said that she may not win a single nominating contest in February.
The announcement of Ms. Solis Doyle’s replacement came minutes after Mrs. Clinton was grounded by what her campaign said were high winds at Dulles Airport. After arriving at the airport for a charter flight to Roanoke, Mrs. Clinton, her staff and the traveling press corps were not allowed to board the plane.
A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton said high winds at the airport had forced “a number of planes” to be kept on the ground, and that some planes that had taken off today had suffered structural damage.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/clinton-campaign-manager-is-out/?hp

LoungeMachine
02-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Spin it any way you want Shrillary.......

A change in CM at this point, is a sign of desperation....

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM
He'll "commit suicide" in a couple of weeks...

LOL

FORD
02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
She fired the wrong person. Its that asshole Mark Penn, who is the second coming of Lee Atwater, that's killing her campaign. He's the one creating all the negative shit coming out of Camp Hillary, and there's a lot of it. This week it's all of these "first person accounts" of how "unfair" the caucus process is.

Because Hillary can't WIN them.