PDA

View Full Version : Who didn't see this coming?

Coyote
02-12-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.knightridermovie.com/

And, no, there's no Trans Am... :(

binnie
02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
It's got to be a wind-up right?

Coyote
02-12-2008, 09:59 AM
A joke, you mean?

No. It's a "continuation of the original series".

Coyote
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Official site:

http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/

bueno bob
02-12-2008, 10:57 AM
It's a continuation of the original series, yes; David Hasselhoff will be in the premiere movie as a way to jump start it, but the story will focus around his son in KITT. Apparently the guy who was going to do the voice of KITT had to back out of the show full time due to other obligations or something, so the new voice of KITT will be Val Kilmer.

I'll watch the pilot and we'll take it from there. Knight Rider was always a pretty silly little show, and as long as they don't try to make it take itself too seriously (a la the Bionic Woman remake), they should do alright with it. A lot of the original Knight Rider's draw was the intentional (and unintentional) humor behind the concept, as long as they can keep that in mind...who knows?

Coyote
02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
GM/Pontiac must be smacking themselves hard on the noggin right now...

WARF
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Mark my words....
This is gonna be one of NBC's biggest disasters since "supertrain"!!

Nickdfresh
02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
The original was pretty bad actually...

LOL, The Hoff! In any case, I can't see this being better than the dumb (but maybe fun for a bit) original...

I mean, nothing could be more effective at fighting crime than driving around in a sentient car...:D

Coyote
02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I mean, nothing could be more effective at fighting crime than driving around in a sentient car...:D

With an attitude... :D

bueno bob
02-12-2008, 01:55 PM
That would be getting Michael Knight arrested in every town considering he was driving a NON-EMERGENCY vehicle with a bright flashing light on it... :rolleyes:

binnie
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Personally, I'd rather they remake Baywatch.

Mmmmmmm, running in slow motion - bouncy, bouncy, bouncy....

binnie
02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh, and this re-make is bound to suck more balls than Paris Hilton on a Saturday night....

Coyote
02-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Oh, and this re-make is bound to suck more balls than Paris Hilton on a Saturday night....

On any given night, more likely...

bueno bob
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Reviews, then?

I'll be the first to say it...I watched it and I fucking LOVED it...I'm actually really excited about it being back now. Gotta admit, they did it seriously and STILL made it entertaining - A+ from me!

:D

Vinnie Velvet
02-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Reviews, then?

I'll be the first to say it...I watched it and I fucking LOVED it...I'm actually really excited about it being back now. Gotta admit, they did it seriously and STILL made it entertaining - A+ from me!

:D

Alright.

Here goes (and this is coming from a big Knight Rider fan, damnit!)

I can't exactly echo those sentiments, Bob.

I liked the movie. It was cool and the actors were okay (given the material they were presented with).

My beef with it is what the whole show is centered around in the first place -- THE CAR!!

While I like the new Mustang as a regular vehicle, it doesn't translate itself well to be a "Super Car" ala the Trans Am did back in the 80s.

Its too muscle-car looking and not sleek in design to pass as a "KITT".

There was the new Corvette available -- why not choose that car?? But I guess these days, endorsements and money prevail (which is why the program was engulfed with Ford commericals).

The actors were good. The young Michael Knight will do fine as Hoff's son and the chick in there was good enough to be pretty and brainy at the same time.

Then there's KITT's voice: Val Kilmer.

He did an okay job but seemed a bit monotone and didn't have enough personality as the original voice of KITT had. Maybe they will improve on that for the series (if its greenlit for the fall schedule).

Anyhow, I give it a B+.

Coyote
03-24-2008, 07:33 AM
*cough*
<object width="432" height="351"><param name="movie" value="http://www.megavideo.com/v/L1T2FK7O0dc8b8ae0aa673c615a45a19e8c69f7d.573456954 4.0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/L1T2FK7O0dc8b8ae0aa673c615a45a19e8c69f7d.573456954 4.0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="432" height="351"></embed></object>

bueno bob
03-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Nice!

Regarding Val Kilmer...I thought he did a great job, honestly; one of my biggest problems with the original Knight Rider was that, for all his "advancements", KITT was essentially TOO human and not machine enough...and even at my age I thought that was stupid...

And I'm a fan of the new Mustangs as well, so...

But what the fuck happened to it? I thought the movie was a relaunch for a new series, but it's totally vanished...are they doing more movies or what...?

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Alright.

Here goes (and this is coming from a big Knight Rider fan, damnit!)

I can't exactly echo those sentiments, Bob.

I liked the movie. It was cool and the actors were okay (given the material they were presented with).

My beef with it is what the whole show is centered around in the first place -- THE CAR!!

While I like the new Mustang as a regular vehicle, it doesn't translate itself well to be a "Super Car" ala the Trans Am did back in the 80s.

Its too muscle-car looking and not sleek in design to pass as a "KITT".

There was the new Corvette available -- why not choose that car?? But I guess these days, endorsements and money prevail (which is why the program was engulfed with Ford commericals).

The actors were good. The young Michael Knight will do fine as Hoff's son and the chick in there was good enough to be pretty and brainy at the same time.

Then there's KITT's voice: Val Kilmer.

He did an okay job but seemed a bit monotone and didn't have enough personality as the original voice of KITT had. Maybe they will improve on that for the series (if its greenlit for the fall schedule).

Anyhow, I give it a B+.

Did you ever own or drive one of those Trans ams or Z-28s
of that era ?
They looked cool ( I prefered the Chevy) but they were pieces
of shit .
They were slow , they lacked horsepower , and they really
didn't handle very well .
The Irocs and the Gtas had a bit more power.

They wouldn't have shit to say to a new Mustang G T .

Maybe Val Kilmer will do Kitt in the stoned out of his mind
way he portrayed Jim Morrison .
Or the wiseacre Doc Holliday from Tombstone .
Then it would be a hit.

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
The stupidest part of the whole Knight Rider story is the
"shadowy flight into the life if a man who does not exist".
Couldn't they just hire some guy and give him an alias.

And how about when the "real" Micheal Knight would
appear.
Hasselhoff with a fake moustache. But Evil.

bueno bob
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
The cheese factor of the original Knight Rider was indeed high, no doubt of it...pretty goofy fun, though...

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
The cheese factor of the original Knight Rider was indeed high, no doubt of it...pretty goofy fun, though...

What about KARR the evil predeccesor to KITT.