PDA

View Full Version : Must Obama Be Black?...And Must UltraVag Be Such a Twat?

ULTRAMAN VH
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Must Obama Be Black?
by Jessica Peck Corry (more by this author)
Posted 02/14/2008 ET
Updated 02/14/2008 ET

In today's America, Barack Obama is black. But he shouldn't be. Born to a white mother and a black father, Obama's prescribed racial identity is nothing more than a holdover from racist policies of the past. In a nation growing more racially diverse by the moment, we should see Obama for who he is: A man -- like many Americans -- who is beyond racial classification.

Throughout the Illinois Senator's presidential campaign, he has been repeatedly asked about how his race will affect his prospects for the White House. When quizzed last year by ABC's George Stephanopoulos, Obama responded, "Are there folks who might not vote for me because I'm African-American? No doubt."

But why do we consider Obama black?

Earlier this week, I caught up with Ward Connerly, a conservative black civil rights activist who is pursuing ballot initiatives in several states this November that if passed, would ban the consideration of race in hiring and education.

When I asked him whether there was any part of him that was excited about Obama's candidacy, he said yes. "A little part of me would like to vote for him, but there is too much at stake to vote for that symbolism of shedding the past. To close escrow on Obama totally undermines those who argue institutional racism but I would not want him to be president just to have that symbolism."

To Connerly, Obama is far too liberal. But like Obama, Connerly comes from a mixed-race background. Connerly's consists of Irish, French, Indian, and African. He emphasizes that the smallest portion of his ethnicity is African -- an important fact in his personal story since he says he has been identified by others as black his entire life.

"Am I allowed to say I'm Irish?" he asks, recalling a time when he addressed a business lunch in Pittsburgh on a past St. Patrick's Day. When he told the attendees that he would make his remarks quick so he could march in the Irish pride parade outside, many in the crowd chuckled. Connerly says he made the comment to prove a point. "Your eyes don't see brown skin as the features of an Irishman," he told them.

Connerly says he sympathizes with Obama's attempt to racially define himself. "Why do we as a society force him into a specific category? If he said 'I am white,' he'd be looked at with disbelief."

America's history is marred by the one-drop rule, a series of Jim Crow-era statutes and policies that defined a person with any African ancestry whatsoever as non-white. State legislatures used the rule to prevent interracial marriage and it wasn't until 1967 that the U.S. Supreme Court struck down such statutes as unconstitutional.

So why hold on to the rule? Why can't we see Obama and Connerly as Americans beyond racial classification? After all, they are representative a thriving -- and growing --segment of our population.

With the federal government's recent addition of a "mixed-race" category to our national census, America is now home to nearly three million interracial marriages -- nearly 5 percent of all unions nationwide. And these statistics represent just a baseline. Since "Hispanic" is not considered a race, but rather an ethnicity, the statistics do not include marriages between whites and Hispanics -- a category certainly thriving in the Southwest. Likewise, a marriage between a Japanese wife and an Indian husband would not be considered interracial since both ethnicities are considered under the same Asian racial umbrella.

Today, the U.S. Census recognizes 63 unique racial categories. These include some traditional races, including white and black, but 57 others are merely combinations of other races. How should we define the children born to such marriages? Obama married a black woman and Connerly's wife is white. How should their children be racially classified?

Obama talks at length about our nation's future. In the four mail pieces that have arrived at my central Denver home in the last month (I'm a registered Republican), he talks about "change we can believe in." I want to believe in an America where racial discrimination --including the one-drop rule -- becomes a thing of the past.

By continuing to force Americans, including Obama and Connerly, into stagnant race boxes, we do a disservice to every citizen seeking to be seen as an individual, and not simply for his or her skin pigment. In doing so, we only give credit to failed racial policies of the past.

Jessica Peck Corry (Jessica@i2i.org) is a policy analyst with the Independence Institute in Golden, Colo., where she specializes in land use, higher education, and civil rights policy."

www.humanevents.com

LoungeMachine
02-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Do you ever post anything other than other people's opinions?

You've already stated you're not voting for him, so what is your point here?

Other than posting op-eds from right wing "think tanks"

:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
02-15-2008, 10:02 PM
What's next? "Why McCain is a Phony Conservative Traitor" by Rush Limbaugh?

LoungeMachine
02-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Just once I'd like to see this slingblade actually post his own opinion on the op-ed he cuts and pastes.....

:gulp:

ELVIS
02-16-2008, 02:27 AM
At least a one liner or somethin'...

Blackflag
02-16-2008, 03:06 AM
This forum has really gone down the tubes...:fucku:

LoungeMachine
02-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
This forum has really gone down the tubes...:fucku:

Faggot, please.....

It's been this way for years. It was this way in the "good old days" of ELVIS and FORD modding, too. Except then it was FORD, not me getting bitched out for editing the trolls.

There's always been partisan rancor, flame wars, and whining...

There's always been assholes who spam the forums with whatever right wing op-ed they heard about yesterday on Rush, or received today via chain email.

Spare me the "oh, woe is me, where is the forum I remember so fondly, crap.

Hell, you yourself repeatedly admit you post crap simply to stir the shit pot in here. So, are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?

UltraVag and his threads never get any replies, except for ones like this. Us bitching about his cut-n-paste-n-run bullshit.

He's the new BigBadBrian.

So pick yourself up off the floor, and pull it together. I know it's hard, buttercup, but it is what it is.....

ULTRAMAN VH
02-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Whoops, again my mistake. I forgot the Frontline is dominated by far lefty Stalin style mods, who toss Ted Kennedy's salad daily. Not sure why I even bother to post anything here. It has become a three way circle jerk between Dicknfresh, Lounge Manure and Ford. And Elvis, you can go f**k yourself, drug addict. I saw your stupid ass post with the Black Man Stocking mask. Piss poor taste you douche. Anyway I felt it was a good missive and I think it is ridiculous the way the media portrays the rock star as the next black president when he is half white. Kinda the same thing they do with Tiger Woods. The guy is half Thai and again the pathetic media jumps on the Race bandwagon.
The guy is a phenominal golfer and Obama has given politics a much needed shot of adrenaline. Lets get rid of the race bullshit and see them for their contributions to their fields of profession and not the color of their skin.

Nickdfresh
02-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Whoops, again my mistake.

Actually, your mistake was not being shot all over the wall instead of being one of the trillions of sperm in your mother left by her numerous clients...

I forgot the Frontline is dominated by far lefty Stalin style mods, who toss Ted Kennedy's salad daily.

My, what a vivid fantasy life you have...

Not sure why I even bother to post anything here.

Well, that makes at least two of us...

It has become a three way circle jerk between Dicknfresh, Lounge Manure and Ford. And Elvis, you can go f**k yourself, drug addict. I saw your stupid ass post with the Black Man Stocking mask. Piss poor taste you douche. Anyway I felt it was a good missive and I think it is ridiculous the way the media portrays the rock star as the next black president when he is half white. Kinda the same thing they do with Tiger Woods. The guy is half Thai and again the pathetic media jumps on the Race bandwagon.
The guy is a phenominal golfer and Obama has given politics a much needed shot of adrenaline. Lets get rid of the race bullshit and see them for their contributions to their fields of profession and not the color of their skin.

Yay Ultradouche! You finally had a semi-coherent opinion of your own!

Yaaaaaay!!!

http://www.jimflorentine.com/art/special_ed.jpg

Blackflag
02-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

There's always been partisan rancor, flame wars, and whining...

Stop apologizing for your Ultra friend, you honkey douchebag. This thread isn't partisan, it's just..plain..fucking..stupid. If there was a point, I missed it.

Fag.

Jim Shetterlini
02-16-2008, 11:55 PM
I am and always have been colorblind in the dark!

Panamark
02-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Seems you can open threads about Obama without
a LoungeNazi closing em :)

And a fellow mod too !!

Crossing names off christmas card list as we speak !!! :mad:

ULTRAMAN VH
02-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Actually, your mistake was not being shot all over the wall instead of being one of the trillions of sperm in your mother left by her numerous clients...

My, what a vivid fantasy life you have...

Well, that makes at least two of us...

Yay Ultradouche! You finally had a semi-coherent opinion of your own!

Yaaaaaay!!!

http://www.jimflorentine.com/art/special_ed.jpg

Hey Dick, thanks for the birthday party photo. Let me guess, you were about 3 when that was taken? Now we know why certain species eat their young.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Seems you can open threads about Obama without
a LoungeNazi closing em :)

And a fellow mod too !!

Crossing names off christmas card list as we speak !!! :mad:

LMAO :D

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Whoops, again my mistake. I forgot the Frontline is dominated by far lefty Stalin style mods, who toss Ted Kennedy's salad daily. Not sure why I even bother to post anything here. It has become a three way circle jerk between Dicknfresh, Lounge Manure and Ford. And Elvis, you can go f**k yourself, drug addict. I saw your stupid ass post with the Black Man Stocking mask. Piss poor taste you douche. Anyway I felt it was a good missive and I think it is ridiculous the way the media portrays the rock star as the next black president when he is half white. Kinda the same thing they do with Tiger Woods. The guy is half Thai and again the pathetic media jumps on the Race bandwagon.

Blah, blah, blah...

I notice you go right to the VICTIM / MARTYR role, instead of actually owning up to the FACT you never post your OWN opinion in these cut-n-paste OP EDS.

We dont give a shit if you post or not.

But if you're going to post op-eds, clearly from your own circle jerk, you better be prepared to back it up with your own words.

But no, it's easier for you to just whine. To claim victimhood.

What a fucking pussy. At 40 no less.

In the same amount of time, you could have said why you posted the op-ed, why or why you dont agree, and what makes the topic thread worthy.

But then again, you probably dont even understand the op-ed.

You're just following the other sheep in your circle jerk.

This isnt a one time thing, either. You NEVER post anything other than rants about the Loungequeens in here in your own fucking threads.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
Stop apologizing for your Ultra friend, you honkey douchebag. This thread isn't partisan, it's just..plain..fucking..stupid. If there was a point, I missed it.

Fag.

"this thread"

I wasn't talking about this thread, pillowbiter.

I was answering your direct complaint about this FORUM

I have NO apology for UltraVag, or his "threads"

They are only slightly less ghey than the knitting parties you host every other Wednesday.

Blackflag
02-17-2008, 02:08 PM
"this thread"

I wasn't talking about this thread, pillowbiter.

I was answering your direct complaint about this FORUM

I have NO apology for UltraVag, or his "threads"

They are only slightly less ghey than the knitting parties you host every other Wednesday.

Let's look at the top three threads currently in the forum...this piece of steaming dogshit, a thread about Australians apologizing to aboriginies, and a thread about getting power out of water.

Need I say more?

And for your information, knitting is a perfectly fine activity for a man. It doesn't detract from my masculinity at all.

Happy Birthday, cockhead. :fu:

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I can't comment on the water into fuel thread, as I can't bring myself to click on it....

The Aussie thread is a bone thrown to them downunder, because no one else could possible care what goes on there....

As for this pile of shit, welp, it is from UltraVAG after all, and I dare anyone to find a thread of his worth a crap.....

On that note, I shall retire to my study to craft my birthday wish list of a fine knitting set.

Is crochet still in?

homo.

Blackflag
02-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Alright, I'm big enough to admit that shit made me laugh.

Consider that your birthday present.

Fairy.

ULTRAMAN VH
02-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I can't comment on the water into fuel thread, as I can't bring myself to click on it....

The Aussie thread is a bone thrown to them downunder, because no one else could possible care what goes on there....

As for this pile of shit, welp, it is from UltraVAG after all, and I dare anyone to find a thread of his worth a crap.....

On that note, I shall retire to my study to craft my birthday wish list of a fine knitting set.

Is crochet still in?

homo.

Hey Tootsie, my threads aren't worth a crap to you, because they don't pander to your far left leaning opinions. Oh and Happy Birthday ya PRICK!!!!

Jim Shetterlini
02-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey Tootsie, my threads aren't worth a crap to you, because they don't pander to your far left leaning opinions. Oh and Happy Birthday ya PRICK!!!!

You are correct sir!

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
And still no comment on your own thread topic......

Hey, pickles, guess what?

I love threads by the far right that are followed up by intelligent reasons why I should care to learn the other side.

Warpig, Brie, Lqskdvr, hell even that snot nosed RedBalljets can argue their own threads.....

But not you.

You dont have the stones to even back up the ideas of others you cut-n-paste here.

Can you even form your own thoughts without insulting those who ask for it?

I dont even think you know what the fucking op-ed is actually saying. :rolleyes:

God, I hate sheep.

ULTRAMAN VH
02-17-2008, 04:27 PM
I did comment on the thread, it was post #8. You apparently chose not to read it. Now retire back to your study and finish reading The Idiot's Guide To Basket Weaving, Gladys.

hideyoursheep
02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Is crochet still in?

"That was gay"

signed,

Librace's piano bench

:p

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I did comment on the thread, it was post #8. You apparently chose not to read it. Now retire back to your study and finish reading The Idiot's Guide To Basket Weaving, Gladys.

LMMFAO

You mean this idiotic diatribe?

Where? Paragraph 2 ?

[forgetting for a moment you don't understand the concepts of paragraphs]

Gee, how'd we miss that. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Jim Shetterlini
You are correct sir!

Don't you have some barely 18 year olds to drool over, gramps?

Let me know when you actually come up with a thread, and I'll comment on it.

sheep.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey Tootsie, my threads aren't worth a crap to you,

Who exactly are they worth a crap to?

Who actually has posted on your thread topics?

This one may make it to page 2 just on comedic factors alone. :D

See, this is where you lay the blame on the left-wing mods here. :rolleyes:

A shitty argument [if you ever had one] is still a shitty argument.

You'll let us know when you've formed your own thoughts, and not parroted everyone else's, right ComicBoy ?

ULTRAMAN VH
02-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Not laying the blame on any body Lounge, you're just a Goddamned control freak. Classic libby behavior, you should have been a politician. Lounge Queen votes for huge Government hand outs and instead of promoting a strong work ethic, he erects big welfare programs where the sheep are dependant on the Nanny State. Funny how the libs created Unions to fight for employees rights and then turn around and displace the huge manufacturing companys over to foreign countries. And how about Uncle Teds bright idea to start the illegal immigration invasion back in 1965. Try explaining that act to the millions of Americans who are losing their lively hoods to illegal aliens every day.

You'll let us know when you've formed your own thoughts, and not parroted everyone else's, right ComicBoy ?

ULTRAMAN VH
02-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Not laying the blame on any body Lounge, you're just a Goddamned control freak. Classic libby behavior, you should have been a politician. Lounge Queen votes for huge Government hand outs and instead of promoting a strong work ethic, he erects big welfare programs where the sheep are dependant on the Nanny State. Funny how the libs created Unions to fight for employees rights and then turn around and displace the huge manufacturing companys over to foreign countries. And how about Uncle Teds bright idea to start the illegal immigration invasion back in 1965. Try explaining that act to the millions of Americans who are losing their lively hoods to illegal aliens every day.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Two tries and you still can't get it right....

But I love how you mount the tired old Lib/Nanny argument to try and deflect the direct question:

Who has ever actually cared about your op-ed spamthreads?

Answer? Nobody.

And do you really want to break out the displaced worker card? LMMFAO

Tell us all how well YOUR party has done the last 8 years, ComicBoy

:lol:

fucking Limbaugh blowing Sheep. :rolleyes:

Jim Shetterlini
02-17-2008, 09:15 PM
God, Lounge (Kip) is such a grouchy old bitch. Just come out you will be so much happier. Seriously, you show it in every post just come out! Once you do that , you will be happy with yourself thus be able to love everyone else.....you old man lovin son of a bitch!

Nickdfresh
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey Dick, thanks for the birthday party photo. Let me guess, you were about 3 when that was taken? Now we know why certain species eat their young.

You're welcome, sizzlechest!

Nickdfresh
02-17-2008, 09:44 PM
God, Lounge (Kip) is such a grouchy old bitch. Just come out you will be so much happier. Seriously, you show it in every post just come out! Once you do that , you will be happy with yourself thus be able to love everyone else.....you old man lovin son of a bitch!

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/gaydar-5230.jpg

Jim Shetterlini
02-17-2008, 09:56 PM
R U the gaydar? That post was fuckin stupid......Good God!

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 10:16 PM
LMMFAO

Shitonme, the Republican Who Likes Little Girls is using the Homo Card???

The follower of the party of Larry Craig, Ted Haggerty, Mark Foley, Jeff Gannon, and countless other closeted "conservatives" wants to wish I'm gay?

Next lecture me on Fiscal Responsibility, Smaller Government, and no Nation Building, mkay?

Priceless.

Can't imagine why your party is bolting for the doors, quitting congress, being indicted, shuning the voting booth, and turning their backs on their nominee.

Hey, at least you got a UltraVAG thread to page 2. :D

Jim Shetterlini
02-17-2008, 10:30 PM
LMMFAO

Shitonme, the Republican Who Likes Little Girls is using the Homo Card???

The follower of the party of Larry Craig, Ted Haggerty, Mark Foley, Jeff Gannon, and countless other closeted "conservatives" wants to wish I'm gay?

Next lecture me on Fiscal Responsibility, Smaller Government, and no Nation Building, mkay?

Priceless.

Can't imagine why your party is bolting for the doors, quitting congress, being indicted, shuning the voting booth, and turning their backs on their nominee.

Hey, at least you got a UltraVAG thread to page 2. :D

after all your hatred of the right side.......your still gay.........and liberal

LoungeMachine
02-17-2008, 10:48 PM
after all your hatred of the right side.......your still gay.........and liberal

:D

Classic comeback.

May need to add to siggy.

hate.
gay.
liberal.

Can't say you guys don't all play with the same set of jacks. :D

jhale667
02-18-2008, 01:58 AM
.....your still gay.........and liberal

Can't say you guys don't all play with the same set of jacks. :D

Notice most of them are incapable of correctly using a contraction, also? Coincidence? :confused:

BigBadBrian
02-18-2008, 08:28 AM

He's the new BigBadBrian.

So pick yourself up off the floor, and pull it together. I know it's hard, buttercup, but it is what it is.....

Lounge, I detect a note of bitterness in the vast majority of your posts.

It's going to be a long political season, so you need to calm down before you blow a gasket. Stroking out isn't the way to go.

May I suggest a hobby?

How about golf? Those Sumo and Sasquatch clubs Tiger uses are awesome.

Or tennis (hope your elbow is all better)?

Or fly-fishing? You guys have some great spots up there for steelhead, trout, and other species. Go to orvis.com or cabelas.com and request a catalog.

Don't you own a BBQ joint or something? Why don't you take a trip to Memphis or Kansas City and see how real BBQ is done. Face it, when people think of BBQ, the great Pacific Northwest doesn't exactly come to mind. Now salmon on a cedar plank, that's another story....

How about an inside hobby like oil painting or model trains? Hey, there can be big bucks in collecting old Lionel trains and crap. My neighbor does that and I'm so fucking jealous that I don't have the room for it. He even has a G scale train that runs around his garden outside.

Anyway, take care of yourself....we want you around for a long time to come.

:)

BigBadBrian
02-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Anyway, back to to the topic at hand....

How about we refer to Obama as "Afro-Caucasian".........

Think that'd fly?

I think I heard or read that term somewhere recently.

LoungeMachine
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
LMAO

Didn't you hear, Brie?

I've taken up knitting.