PDA

View Full Version : Warpaint - new Black Crowes release

Jérôme Frenchise
02-21-2008, 07:03 AM
One of my very top fave bands ever, so I'm delighted with the news.
Ed Harsch (kbds) quit the ship though, and another guitarist joined. It's always a pain in the ass when shifts happen in a band you dig...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=85650

I'm loading a copy, can't wait till March 4th. :cool:

Jérôme Frenchise
02-21-2008, 08:32 AM
http://www.blackcrowes.com/

Three tunes from the forthcoming release online... They're pretty laid down, not the kind I most like to say the least, but I hope the rest offers a few harder songs.
I'm not in such a hurry to get the whole thing anymore, already. :cool:

indeedido
02-21-2008, 09:39 AM
goodbye daughters of the revolution sounds a lot like the Stones...it is ok, nothing great.

The other two posted, ehh, not my cup of tea. I would like some harder rocking tunes from them.

I just picked up the Brothers of a Feather cd the other day. That is pretty cool

Jérôme Frenchise
02-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by indeedido
goodbye daughters of the revolution sounds a lot like the Stones...it is ok, nothing great.

The other two posted, ehh, not my cup of tea. I would like some harder rocking tunes from them.

So would I! I'll give the whole album a chance, I only hope I won't skip through it in 5 minutes' time.

I just picked up the Brothers of a Feather cd the other day. That is pretty cool

I'll check for that one, as you say you'd rather hear "harder rocking" stuff by the BC, I'll probably dig it too.

Cheers! :cool:

Jérôme Frenchise
02-21-2008, 10:14 AM
"Brothers of a Feather" was released last year, and only features the Robinson bros, as I've just read.

I wish I could find the live stuff from the fall of 2005 where they sounded awesome IMO.
I didn't get the whole dvd that was dispatched on youtube a couple of years ago, but I caught "Midnight from the inside out" and "Lickin'", which I find one of the most striking song pair to start an album or a gig with, really.

The Black Crowes are certainly the band who were the most successful as far as making fresh new stuff with stale, old recipes. :cool:

indeedido
02-21-2008, 12:08 PM
I forget which song on Brothers of a Feather, but there is a bad ass long harmonica solo towards the end. I enjoy the guitars and vocals on it, there are some slow things, but overal pretty good. I checked out the dvd from Netflix too

indeedido
02-21-2008, 12:12 PM
on another note, I rock out the black crowes with Jimmy Page live at the greek nearly every day. that is an awesome album

Jérôme Frenchise
02-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I dig Live at the Greek a damn lot too... Well... you can't beat that 3-guitar led Led Zep' fury! :cool:

Dammit, the zip file of Warpaint that I got is corrupt. :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
02-22-2008, 07:19 AM
I hope the album's decent. I want some riffs!

Mr. Vengeance
02-22-2008, 07:56 PM
That last album, Lions (?), was great. I can't wait for a new one.

Howlin' Wolf
03-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Throw away your Dokken records, throw away your Yngwee Yahoo Serious records, and for the love of all thangs holy, trow away yo Motley Crue records, cut yo mullet, put your IROC Z28 on ebay or better yet drive it off a cliff or mountain, shave your peach fuzz fagstache, and BUY WARPAINT!!!!!!!! It will wash away all the toxic Poison and Ratt ear polution!! Yeah!! Southern soul rnb crunchfunk puttin the unk in de funk dixie fried even Jesus lied freak n roll-ah!!!!!!

Howlin' Wolf
03-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
I dig Live at the Greek a damn lot too... Well... you can't beat that 3-guitar led Led Zep' fury! :cool:

Dammit, the zip file of Warpaint that I got is corrupt. :rolleyes:

Support the MOST rock n roll band on the planet, God damn it!! BUY IT!

binnie
03-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by indeedido
on another note, I rock out the black crowes with Jimmy Page live at the greek nearly every day. that is an awesome album

Yup, it's a fuckin' killer.

Really got me back into Physical Graffit-era Zepp...

Matt White
03-19-2008, 08:05 PM
GRATE CD

The BLACK CROWES kick ASS

drgong
03-19-2008, 08:44 PM
The album is pretty sweet, mellow. It´s kinda got that Exile On Main St. vibe to it.
And for those of you who don´t know this, Pete Angelus (Dave´s other half of the Picasso Bros.) is still their manager, has been with them for years.
The stupid british magazine Maxim wrote a bad revue of Warpaint without listening to it first... how´s that for crap journalism.

Peace

drgong
03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
The album is pretty sweet, mellow. It´s kinda got that Exile On Main St. vibe to it.
And for those of you who don´t know this, Pete Angelus (Dave´s other half of the Picasso Bros.) is still their manager, has been with them for years.
The stupid british magazine Maxim wrote a bad revue of Warpaint without listening to it first... how´s that for crap journalism.

Peace

kwame k
03-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Great band, the three trax I've heard are killer.

Just got done Listening to the unplugged at VH1, mellow but cool.

Northern Girl
03-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Don't LOVE it, but I like it. Some really good songs on there. Worth the ten bucks I paid.