PDA

View Full Version : Lasik Eye Surgery

NATEDOG001976
03-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Well, I'm getting the Lasik done soon. I'm going through a well known company with over 80 U.S. locations. If any of you have had this done, please comment.

Thanks.

The Dog.

Panamark
03-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Not me,

but my bro in law...

He loves the result, but theres a lot of eyedrops
afterwards, for hours and hours... (At home)
so you need some backup help..

and you actually go completely blind for a short
time.....

Thats all I know, sounds like a pain in the ass, but
good results..

Panamark
03-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I think from what I've heard (as my wife is thinking about
doing this too)
is the risk is really small now, the have come a long way with
this shit...

If you have a partner that can pick you up and help with the
drops when you get home... Should be cool...

jero
03-01-2008, 02:01 PM
My wife did. Very happy with the result.
Nothing to worry about Nate, no pain or whatsoever....

Dan
03-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Can They Do My Third Eye?

NATEDOG001976
03-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Cool, thanks guys. I'm tied of wasting money on contacts and all that crap.

jhale667
03-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Cool, thanks guys. I'm tied of wasting money on contacts and all that crap.

A girlfriend of mine is about to do it for the exact same reason. I say go for it. ;)

NATEDOG001976
03-02-2008, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
A girlfriend of mine is about to do it for the exact same reason. I say go for it. ;)

Hell yeah, man...it's a big chunk of dough at first. But when you think of the money you spend on contacts, solution and eye exams, it makes sense in the long run.

VanHalener
03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Fuck that shit!

I observed VanHalenette get it done. Everyhying went well, but...

Fuck that shit. You couldn't pay me enough to allow that to be done to my eyes.

But that's just me.

jero
03-02-2008, 11:31 AM
:D You don't know shit!
When your ears hear Dave while it's Sam you need to fix it!
Same with your eyes

tabaching
03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Last year I undergo Lasik surgery for my nearsightedness and like the concern of other people im not comfortable in wearing contacts because my eyes are sensitive for infection so my friend recommend me for Lasik exam in my2020 have you heard that? The exam includes a complete evaluation of the internal and external health of the eyes. They create a detailed map of the eyes and perform all of the visual tests necessary to prepare for LASIK. And the nice thing with Lasik-1 is they use the latest, most advanced technology to thoroughly determine your eligibility for LASIK. I don’t know if you already heard a Dr. Stephen B. Wiles, he is one of the surgeons and I can say one of the best in the world. Anyway just try to have a schedule exam for a “See For Free” (http://www.my2020.com) Plan” 12 months no payment, no interest to help finance your new 20/20 vision. your first step in achieving improved vision. Hope that one help you. Good luck…

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by VanHalener
Fuck that shit!

I observed VanHalenette get it done. Everyhying went well, but...

Fuck that shit. You couldn't pay me enough to allow that to be done to my eyes.

But that's just me.

I'm right there with you... but I never had the burden to wear glasses or worry about contact lenses.

A girl friend of mine had to wear thick glasses then contact lenses for all her life and she just had the surgery done lately...
She feels so free now!

She said that she would have emptied all of her bank account if needed... that's how much she's happy with it. And everything went well.

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 06:40 PM
...I observed VanHalenette get it done....

You're good because I get tears in my own eyes just watching that sorta thing...
I went for an eye exam last year and when the Doctor tried to put that sharp looking flash light at 1 mm from my eye... she was NEVER able too (my eyes just kept on closing by themselves)!
Fuck that shit! :(

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Fuck that shit!...

Listen to this bad trip...
My husband received a sharp object in his eye as a child. They had to SEW STITCHES in it... they actually SEWED his eyeball!
I guess between that and loosing an eye, the choice is obvious but FUCK, I get goose bumps just typing about it! :eek:

SparkieD
03-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Listen to this bad trip...
My husband received a sharp object in his eye as a child. They had to SEW STITCHES in it... they actually SEWED his eyeball!
I guess between that and loosing an eye, the choice is obvious but FUCK, I get goose bumps just typing about it! :eek:

When my daughter was a baby, she was startled and threw her little hand in my face and got my eye. Ripped my cornea. God, it was AWFUL!!! Took a couple of weeks to heal. Within one week of that one healing, she got me in my other eye! Both my eyes are so full of scar tissue now. She brought pinkeye home a couple of months back, and, of course, Mommy caught it, too. When I woke up that morning, (this is gross) the gunk from the pinkeye was so bad that it caught on the scar tissue in one eye and tore my cornea a little.

This mommy needs safety goggles.

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
When my daughter was a baby, she was startled and threw her little hand in my face and got my eye. Ripped my cornea. God, it was AWFUL!!! Took a couple of weeks to heal. Within one week of that one healing, she got me in my other eye! Both my eyes are so full of scar tissue now. She brought pinkeye home a couple of months back, and, of course, Mommy caught it, too. When I woke up that morning, (this is gross) the gunk from the pinkeye was so bad that it caught on the scar tissue in one eye and tore my cornea a little.

This mommy needs safety goggles.

Holly shit!
What a nightmare!!!
Fuck'n OUCH!!!! :eek: :eek: :(

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I just Googled "pinkeye"...
Thank God I never got that!

How does one catchs it (or avoids it)?

The only thing that ever happened to my eyes is them getting red from being stoned... :p

PumpedUpMidget
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Had the LASIK surgery on January 10, and everything worked out great. Had 20/200 going in and now have 20/20.

SparkieD
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I just Googled "pinkeye"...
Thank God I never got that!

How does one catchs it (or avoids it)?

Highly contagious crap (can be bacterial or viral) that kids tend to pass around to each other at daycare or school. Now that you have entered the Mommy Realm, watch out.

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
... Now that you have entered the Mommy Realm, watch out.

So, one more thing to worry about?
We already got a couple colds and flues and eaven Gastro. since he started day care! :o

WACF
03-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I am going on 10 years and still better than 20/20...well worth it.

blonddgirl777
03-06-2008, 10:29 PM
WOW!
Seems like Lasik eye surgery is God's gift to glasses wearers!

So far, no negative comments...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I had PRK, not Lasik, in 2002. PRK is done with only lasers. Vision is now 20-15....

WACF
03-07-2008, 01:22 AM
The reason I went with Lasik over PRK is that I pretty much had coke bottles...Lasik was better bet for sucesss.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I didn't have a choice, I had it done for free in the military before I retired....

blonddgirl777
03-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by WACF
... I pretty much had coke bottles...

Sorry but L.O.L.!

We used to call those thick glasses "barnacles"...
I have absolutely no idea why or where it came from?

blonddgirl777
03-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I didn't have a choice, I had it done for free in the military before I retired....

What, do you mean that you where obligated to do it?
I can see how glasses or contact lenses can be a burden and eaven a problem, when sent overseas to fight tough...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
LOL, no I could have backed out, but the actual type of surgery the Navy was doing at that time was PRK, not Lasik. I don't know if they've added Lasik as an optional method by now....

But I have absolutely no regrets. When they finished the laser work (28 seconds on the left eye, 8 seconds on the right eye), and they flushed the eye, the vibrant color that I saw immediately was just unbelievable.

Of course, I had some blurry times for about 5 days or so afterwards, including a drive down I-95, but other than that, it's been fantastic....

LoungeMachine
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

Thats all I know, sounds like a pain in the ass, but
good results..

Pain in the ass ???

I'd find a different doctor, Marky. :D

:gulp:

blonddgirl777
03-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
...the Navy....

O.M.G.!
I just realized that you are fomr the state of Virginia... for some weird reasons (I really don't know why), I was thinking Vancouver when reading where you're from!

Anyway, you probably didn't get that "B.C.Green" joke of mine...
See, "B.C. Green" stands for incledibly good weed, grown in the province of British Columbia. It's a Canadian thing and also a west coast thing too...

So instead of sending me some B.C. green, please send me some LOVE will ya?
Because "Virginia Is For Lovers", isn't it? :)

blonddgirl777
03-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Pain in the ass ???

I'd find a different doctor, Marky. :D

:gulp:

Well... not everybody's third eye is positionned at the same place!
:confused: