PDA

View Full Version : I don't post here often, but...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I really want you guys to stop for a moment and think about how the drug war has stripped so much money and freedom from this country.

Then consider Obama wants to end it.

That is all. It's such a passionate issue that is long and old. I just thought I would try to do a part to reclaim personal liberty.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I know I'm probably going to get slammed for this thread, so, if you don't like Obama, please tell me someone else willing to end the "Drug War".

Little Lamont
03-10-2008, 09:07 PM
He's gonna legalize weed? Oh shit, please vote for the brother!

kwame k
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
That makes my choice easy.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
He's gonna legalize weed? Oh shit, please vote for the brother!

I don't believe he's ever said that.

"Ending the drug war" could also mean decriminalization.

Nickdfresh
03-10-2008, 10:19 PM
It would significantly reduce the prison population and save a lot of money.

I'm all for decriminalization and de facto legalization of small amounts of drugs for personal consumption...

kwame k
03-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I'm all for decriminalization and de facto legalization of small amounts of drugs for personal consumption...

I agree.

The war on drugs is a losing war. Prescription drugs are slowly replacing street drugs. You can pretty much walk into any doctors office and come out with a prescription for just about anything. The prescription drug lobbyist's have a strangle hold on all drugs in this country. Forget the fact that some prescription drugs have horrible and lasting side effects. They are highly additive and doctors, by the AMA’s own admission, over prescribe drugs.

The amount of jail space taken up by the nonviolent drug user is and has been steadily growing. We still believe jail is more effective than treatment.

No one will endorse hemp as an alternative to trees for paper or anything else because you’d be laughed out of any debate as a pot head. The stigma and social conditioning has rendered any alternative uses of pot as a fringe hippie group. Even when a State legalizes pot for medical use the Federal Government flips out and fights the State’s right for self-government.

I don’t believe any career politico would engage in an honest debate or run on a platform to decriminalize drugs, it would be IMO political suicide.

binnie
03-11-2008, 01:15 PM
ALL drugs should be legal. Why should anyone have the right to tell you what you do with your own body, as long as you aren't harming anyone else?

"But binnie, heroin addicts commit violent crimes."

Yeah, so do people who drink too much - you gonna ban alcohol. Ooops, sorry, that's taxable.

"But binnie, crack and heroin kill lots of people each year"

Well, so does alcohol. They just don't run ad campaigns showing people too drunk to function in any way as they slowly kill themselves. In fact, I reckon alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined.

And so what if heroin kills people. Stop limiting people's right to choose for themselves - I'm an adult, don't protect me. You want to run the gaunlet with drugs, I couldn't give a fuck.

"But binnie, drug addicts steal to fuel their habit, so drugs do effect other people."

If drugs were legal, they'd be cheaper, like nicotine and booze. Thus people wouldn't have to steal to cop a fix.

I recognize that most people wouldn't go as far as legalizing ALL drugs, but I certainly would. That way you kill the illegal trade, you take huge sums of money out of organized crime, and you make sure that people know what they are buying - you buy drugs off a dealer and it could have been cut with rat poison for all you know. Buy it at a store and it won't have been.

All makes sense to me.....

Blackflag
03-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Good thing that potheads aren't taken seriously. You people are too fucking stupid to know when to vote.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Crack and heroin kill a lot of people because it's expensive and hard to get. Not to mention illegal.

The illegality of it is what makes it most dangerous.

Originally posted by Blackflag
Good thing that potheads aren't taken seriously. You people are too fucking stupid to know when to vote.

I'd love to hear your side of the argument.

kwame k
03-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag

Okay there spankie!

Let's go back to prohibition and make the mob some more money.

Oh shit what was I talking about dude........hehe.

cadaverdog
03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by binnie
ALL drugs should be legal. Why should anyone have the right to tell you what you do with your own body, as long as you aren't harming anyone else?

"But binnie, heroin addicts commit violent crimes."

Yeah, so do people who drink too much - you gonna ban alcohol. Ooops, sorry, that's taxable.

"But binnie, crack and heroin kill lots of people each year"

Well, so does alcohol. They just don't run ad campaigns showing people too drunk to function in any way as they slowly kill themselves. In fact, I reckon alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined.

And so what if heroin kills people. Stop limiting people's right to choose for themselves - I'm an adult, don't protect me. You want to run the gaunlet with drugs, I couldn't give a fuck.

"But binnie, drug addicts steal to fuel their habit, so drugs do effect other people."

If drugs were legal, they'd be cheaper, like nicotine and booze. Thus people wouldn't have to steal to cop a fix.

I recognize that most people wouldn't go as far as legalizing ALL drugs, but I certainly would. That way you kill the illegal trade, you take huge sums of money out of organized crime, and you make sure that people know what they are buying - you buy drugs off a dealer and it could have been cut with rat poison for all you know. Buy it at a store and it won't have been.

All makes sense to me.....

You have agood point about legalizing drugs to remove the profit
from the hands of orginized crime.
I have used many of these substances (illegaly)and even made
a few bucks buying small quantities and reselling (mainly to friends).
But I have seen too many peoples lives turn to shit not because
they got busted but because of what the drugs did to them.
Legalize heroin? How would you control how much someone took?
And Coke or Speed? Have you ever smoked either one?
Never smoked crack but pissed away a small fortune smoking rock.
Tried smoking speed once , luckily for me my buddy decided to be a tight ass and cut me off after a couple hits , claiming he didn't want me to become addicted.
He was just greedy , but it worked , I never did it again.
When I snorted it I had limitations , could ration what I had.
When I smoked I just wanted another hit.
Didn't want to stop , ever , just hand me that pipe.
P C P ? Went nutso tried to push someone out a window , ended
up with a concussion .Didn't even know it was P C P thought it was
Thai stick maybe opium dipped , found out too late it was PCP.
Acid , potency too varied .
One time you just get the giggles and see trippy shit , next time
full blown hallucination.
Legalize weed? Why not .
I smoked the shit (and still would if my job permitted)for over 30
years .
I know a lot of successful people ( cops , doctors , lawyers ,
business owners) that are know "closet smokers".
Never had long term negative effect on them.
Other drugs I just don't think you can guaranty the user would only hurt themselves.
As you've said people commit crimes to get booze(and cigarettes)
making drugs legal won't stop people who can't pay for them from
commiting crimes to get them .

cadaverdog
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Before you attack.
I accessed this thread from the main menu(newest posts)
and didn't realize I had trespassed in "The Front Line".
I know I am not welcome here , so please forgive.
I'm not looking for trouble.
Have been enjoying the "cease fire".

Keef
03-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Crack and heroin kill a lot of people because it's expensive and hard to get. Not to mention illegal.

The illegality of it is what makes it most dangerous.

I'd love to hear your side of the argument.

His drug of choice is Ego. A rather nasty killer in it's own way.

The high makes you feel better than anyone.

But it's a lie.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-12-2008, 12:08 AM
I feel as if I have no freedom because of this fight.

Save money, and at LEAST free the weed, politicians.

Do we even have a voice in this?

Nickdfresh
03-12-2008, 06:26 AM
At least in the last 20 years or so, the stigma of a politician having once smoked pot as gone down to nil.

I remember when it was a huge deal in the 80s...

kwame k
03-12-2008, 11:19 AM
At least in the last 20 years or so, the stigma of a politician having once smoked pot as gone down to nil.

I remember when it was a huge deal in the 80s...

You're right about that. You never even hear about that now or not very often. Clinton with the "I didn't inhale" and all that crap. 90's

Other countries have decriminalized personnel use. I haven’t looked at the stats but I can’t imagine the total collapse of it’s infrastructure due to decriminalization.

Really it’s about personal responsibility and being accountable for you own actions. If only our government would stop treating us like children and let us decide.

Then again, maybe having the inmates running the asylum, isn’t that bright of an idea.

Nickdfresh
03-12-2008, 12:59 PM
I think Alaska and perhaps California, are almost totally decriminalized when it comes to small amounts...

sadaist
03-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately, there is always a counterbalance. Doctors do over prescribe drugs, but there is also a growing trend of doctors under prescribing as well. Many people abuse prescription drugs & many doctors are getting in trouble leading to some people who truly need the drugs can't get them.

There have been a couple of times in the past few years where I've chosen to just go in to a local urgent care and pay cash for minor illnesses. I've seen a lot of large signs stating clearly that in "NO CIRCUMSTANCES" will opiates be prescribed (Vicodin, Oxycontin, etc...). They will tell you to see your regular physician. What if you don't have a regular physician and can only afford crappy urgent care treatment?

This thing has been bad all around and has caused many more problems than it has solved.

cadaverdog
03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Something to think about.
Downers and alcohal ( and downers alone)give you a nice buzz
if you don't overdose or get addicted .
But when you get hurt and they give you the same pills you
have been getting high on , you suddenly realize your body
has built up a tolerance to these pills and they are having little
effect on the pain you are feeling.
You could take a stronger dose , but then you run out.
You could ask for something stronger , but if the doctor asks you
to give back your unused meds and you have none , it is their
duty to cut you off completely .
Then you have to get your meds "on the street".
If you got a buddy who can tighten you up , cool.
Otherwise this could lead down a dark road.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-12-2008, 05:05 PM
I think Alaska and perhaps California, are almost totally decriminalized when it comes to small amounts...

I think Denver has a very nice policy as well.

I know people think it's nuts, but I have much more faith in natural or non-addictive medicines than I do in the shit that doctors are paid to push.

A lot of doctors are drug dealers.

It really doesn't matter if it's legal or not, in terms of use.... everyone is going to smoke anyway.

But the thing is is that the JAIL and the lack of freedom makes me furious. It's NOT CHEAP either.

Fairwrning
03-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Personally..I think this guy is gonna save the planet..I mean just look at him..or maybe its just the white outline that makes him look like God..then again, maybe its just the weed.
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/6/1/3/6/19106316.jpg

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-13-2008, 07:28 PM
I don't agree with that, nor do I agree with darkening his skin on the other side of the spectrum.

I wish people would look at someone's goals and ideals, not their skin or their personality.

Tiki-Tom
03-13-2008, 11:27 PM
When you lump pot in with crack, heroin, and such then you've completely blown the intelligence of the argument.

binnie
03-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Not to me Tiki, I'd legalize the lot.

Someone who is a violent drunk is just as much as a threat to me as someone on fucked-up on crack: how can one be legal and the other not?

Legalize and regulate is the only way forward. There will always be a small part of the population that is addicted and essentially a social nuissance/danger. That is unavoidable. However, I firmly believe that proportion would be smaller if ALL drugs were readily available and therefore cheaper.

But to limit the discussion solely to pot, I just can't see how it is illegal. From a social point of view it's a harmless drug.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-14-2008, 06:27 AM
I don't agree with that, nor do I agree with darkening his skin on the other side of the spectrum.

I wish people would look at someone's goals and ideals, not their skin or their personality.

Well maybe you should take a deeper look at the Messiah's goals. His first order of business is to burdon American taxpayers with a bill that will tack on an extra 845 billion dollars over a 13 year period via taxpayers money on top of what the U.S. already spends on foreign aid. If that is okay with you, then please send me the seeds from your money tree so I can can plant a few of my own. Then I won't have a problem with this bill.

Nickdfresh
03-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Well maybe you should take a deeper look at the Messiah's goals. His first order of business is to burdon American taxpayers with a bill that will tack on an extra 845 billion dollars over a 13 year period via taxpayers money on top of what the U.S. already spends on foreign aid. If that is okay with you, then please send me the seeds from your money tree so I can can plant a few of my own. Then I won't have a problem with this bill.

First of all, your post is right wing blog/op-ed conjecture bullshit. Especially since Obama has voted to lower the taxes on the middle class...

The US spends less GNP %-wise on foreign aid than any other Western nation...

And why is it that you clowns never seem to worry about the fact that the US spends more on defense than almost all other nations combined, and is getting a decreasing return for doing so (i.e. higher oil prices)?

And secondly, you're post is completely off-topic. This thread is about drugs!

Nickdfresh
03-14-2008, 06:53 AM

Someone who is a violent drunk is just as much as a threat to me as someone on fucked-up on crack: how can one be legal and the other not?

Legalize and regulate is the only way forward. There will always be a small part of the population that is addicted and essentially a social nuissance/danger. That is unavoidable. However, I firmly believe that proportion would be smaller if ALL drugs were readily available and therefore cheaper.

But to limit the discussion solely to pot, I just can't see how it is illegal. From a social point of view it's a harmless drug.

I'd legalize the lot, too...

But with the caveat that we would Socialize drugs, and let the gov't fuck up the industry.:) There would be a Constitutional amendment stipulating that no private company or entity could ever control the distribution, production quotas, nor land term storage of such drugs., But of course major drug companies would formulate and control the manufacture and dosage of such drugs according to gov't quotas and orders, and they would be subject to strict controls...

People could purchase and redeem cheap vouchers for a limited "dose" of their favorite drug, while the state taxes them and controls the distribution to get rid of the criminal profit motive. this of course would be combined with harsh penalties for the possession of large amounts of, and intent to sell, such drugs.

Some of the profits would go to mandatory funds for education and drug addiction treatment and outpatient services. People who are shown to be addicts (i.e. Heroin addicts) can receive medicinal doses that will be combined with a drug treatment program and psychological testing, like they do in the UK (they still do give heroin to addicts on a limited basis, right?)...

binnie
03-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Nick, that is a great idea.

The voucher system could work. Not only would it be more affordable, it would also be more controllable. Most of the people I;ve known who are addicted don't want to deal with the dealers....

As for heroin addicts receiving small doses in the UK, I'm not sure. They can definitely get substitutes, like methodone, but I'm not informed enough to know about actual heroin. Drugs are a major, major problem in most of our inner-cities, as is alcohol abuse (although you'd never know it because it's never flagged-up as a problem, maybe because of the £10 Billion + tax revenue booze brings in each year?)

Tiki-Tom
03-14-2008, 08:47 AM

As for pot, we agree. You won't find a pot head causing much harm to anyone. Violent crime and weed don't mix well, though I wouldn't call pot or any other drug totally harmless.

You can legalize all of it, but the problem would still exist. Users would still become addicts. It would still cost money. Addicts would still beg, borrow, and steal to get it. You may divert the profits from dealers, etc. to the government and legitimate businesses, but that is about the only "good" that will come of it.

It is complete backward thinking to say one bad drug (alcohol) is legal so we should make the entire lot legal as well. Its ill effects are already well documented yet is continually used as a scapegoat for why we should make every other drug legal. It's a good example of why other drugs should remain illicit. We all hear that we should drink responsibly. A lot of the time it catches up in one way or another to those who don't, and by that point it usually infringes on others. And besides, who ever heard of a responsible crackhead?

What about people who have children? I know, I know, people who use drugs don't care a lot about whether they are using in the presence of kids, but making them legal would in essence make it "okay" to do so. So theoretically, some of those kids wouldn't even be able to pass a drug test.

So let me get this straight.

I'd legalize the lot, too...

Legalize it.

People could purchase and redeem cheap vouchers for a limited "dose" of their favorite drug...

Help people become addicted.

this of course would be combined with harsh penalties for the possession of large amounts of, and intent to sell, such drugs.

Punish them for becoming addicted.

People who are shown to be addicts (i.e. Heroin addicts) can receive medicinal doses that will be combined with a drug treatment program and psychological testing...

Then, help them become un-addicted.

Nick, if you want to live next door to some people with smack vouchers, more power to you. I'll steer clear of your neighborhood.

scamper
03-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
As for pot, we agree. You won't find a pot head causing much harm to anyone. Violent crime and weed don't mix well, though I wouldn't call pot or any other drug totally harmless.

You can legalize all of it, but the problem would still exist. Users would still become addicts. It would still cost money. Addicts would still beg, borrow, and steal to get it. You may divert the profits from dealers, etc. to the government and legitimate businesses, but that is about the only "good" that will come of it.

It is complete backward thinking to say one bad drug (alcohol) is legal so we should make the entire lot legal as well. Its ill effects are already well documented yet is continually used as a scapegoat for why we should make every other drug legal. It's a good example of why other drugs should remain illicit. We all hear that we should drink responsibly. A lot of the time it catches up in one way or another to those who don't, and by that point it usually infringes on others. And besides, who ever heard of a responsible crackhead?

What about people who have children? I know, I know, people who use drugs don't care a lot about whether they are using in the presence of kids, but making them legal would in essence make it "okay" to do so. So theoretically, some of those kids wouldn't even be able to pass a drug test.

Legalize it.

Nick, if you want to live next door to some people with smack vouchers, more power to you. I'll steer clear of your neighborhood.

A voice of reason in this gay thread.

SparkieD
03-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I feel as if I have no freedom because of this fight.

You have no freedom because you can't legally smoke a bowl? Geez :rolleyes:

binnie
03-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Tiki, I respect your view but I disagree. I hope you realize that I'm not getting at ya as your one of my favourite posters. What follows is an attempt at an intelligent reply (it's been a LONG week and this might not make sense :) )

To me, it's completely hypocritical to say that two highly addictive drugs - alcohol and nicotine - are socially acceptable but all others aren't: what makes those two different? To me it's a simple decision: they are either all illegal, or all legal. I'll bet that alcohol kills more people each year than crack, heroin, crystal meth or anything else combined. Anyone who's been in the presence of a hopeless alcoholic knows how dangerous and addictive that drug is.

Maybe I come at this from a different cultural angle than you US guys. As a nation, the British drink way, way, way more than just about anyone else on the planet (except the Irish maybe.) It is a real social problem here, and I would say that most people drink heavily, getting regualry hammered two or three nights and week, between the ages of 16-30 and beyond. This inevitably leads to a lot of violence.

I'll give you an example: I live in the centre of a big city, and when I'm walking home from the office every Friday and Saturday night at around 10PM (I'm a workaholic) I have to walk though the pub zone of town and almost on a weekly basis I will be challenged by an angry drunk. Now I'm a failry big guy: 6', 190lbs with a skinhead, but some drunk asshole and his friends will decide to try and pick a fight with me. Several times in the last few years, it has come to blows, purely from defence in my case.

Now, to me that is socially unnacceptable. No-one however is calling for a crackdown or banning of alcohol, despite thousands of assaults and violent crimes being committed by drunks in the UK every week the blame is always on the individual, who hasn't acted responsibly. But if a crackhead was to do the same thing, people would blame it on drugs and call for harsher measures - it would be crack's fault, not the individuals. Thats a double standard.

Legalizing drugs would not solve the problem. There will always be hopeless drug addicts, no matter how harsh or how lenient the measures are. But for my money, legalizing and regulating drugs would lessen the knock-on problems. If say, your daily heroin habit dropped from $50 per day (whilst illegal) to the price of a pack of cigarettes( whilst legal), then you wouldn't have to steal or mug to fund it. To me, that would mean lower crime.

Well, that's my view. I suppose I should add that for the last 2.5 years I have been completely sober (almost) and gave up any other recreational drugs a long, long time ago.

Nice talking to you Tiki. :)

SparkieD
03-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I think you've missed Tiki's point entirely, Bin. He never said alcohol was more acceptable than the others. What he did say is that is it a prime example of why the others should remain illegal due to the fact that when it becomes a problem, it is usually the problem of more people than the ones abusing it. So the entire argument of having the freedom to do whatever one wants with his own body without hurting others is null and void. The entire population cannot be trusted to behave responsibly with mind-altering substances. It's been proven with alcohol.

binnie
03-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Ahhhh, thanks Sparkie (and sorry for misunderstanding you Tiki.)

Having re-read the post, I see my error now. :)

My rejoinder would be that that's a pretty strong case to ban alcohol, no? It seems hypocritical to allow one but not all.

Also, for me the person should be punished, not the drug. You get to drunk and assault someone, you get arrested. You take crack and assault someone, you get arrested. You drink-drive and kill someone, you go to jail, and the same for crack users.

Does it follow that ALL drug users would commit crimes if their drugs were readily available and affordable? I think not. I would say that most heroin addicts steal and mug to fund their habit. It's an act of desperation - "I need my drug and I'm going to get it any way I can" - not an increased propensity to violence. I think that legalizing and regulating would make drugs more affordalble, therefore reducing that desperation and consequnelty lower drug related crime.

But I completely understand the view of folks who aren't prepared to take that chance. When I've had this discussion with my dad, he tells me that I'm still young enough to believe that most people are inhernetly good, lol!

Once again, sorry for the earlier mis-reading on my part.

kwame k
03-14-2008, 12:55 PM
There’s no doubt that drugs and alcohol have ruined people. Chronically addicted people have torn apart families, harmed innocent bystanders, robbed, killed, prostituted themselves or their children out, and Ruined Van Halen! (Couldn’t resist) There is no denying that drugs and alcohol are dangerous to our society.

This may be splitting hairs but totally legalizing and decriminalizing drug use are two different things. Mandatory minimums and sentencing guidelines replace the common sense and individual circumstances that are unique to every case brought before a judge. No extenuating circumstances. A drug addict should not be sentenced to the same penalties as a drug dealer. A recreational user should not be sentenced the same as every other type of offense. It’s not a one size fits all scenario. Absolutism takes away a judge or DA’s ability to allow the crime to fit the punishment. Rehabilitation and treatment has for some time been an alternative to jail but it’s not a standard. Non-violent offenders and chronically addicted drug/alcohol abusers do pose a danger to themselves and to society. I agree with that but to lump everyone and every type of drug into one category doesn’t work either.

Has alcohol and drug abuse gone down since the stricter guidelines have been in place? You just get more people in jail and more people in our court system. Frank Zappa said if you want to get people off of drugs give them a better reality. If I lived in a project or a socially/economically depressed environment with no hope of ever having a better life I would want to escape too.

Fuck, wait a second…………I do, I live in Michigan! God a need a drink!

Anyhow, given the prospect of no future and a short life of poverty I would want to change my situation. I don’t condone the whine ass I’m a victim mentality but I can understand the temptation to make 1000’s of dollars a week as opposed to a minimum wage, dead end can‘t even feed my family job. To send a 17 year old to jail for 20 years just guarantees that that person will never be more than an institutionalized individual for the rest of their life.

There has to be a middle ground and some common sense applied to our failed War on Drugs. I don’t believe you should be able to buy crack over the counter at the local 7/11 or that all drugs should be legal. I do believe that people who get addicted or get caught using drugs should have a better alternative than the harsh penalties and mandatory minimums. The system we have now hasn't worked nor will it ever work. The war on drugs has failed.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
You have no freedom because you can't legally smoke a bowl? Geez :rolleyes:

It means more than that. To me, the drug war says that the government has more control over my body than I do. And that should bother you.

SparkieD
03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
It means more than that. To me, the drug war says that the government has more control over my body than I do. And that should bother you.

Although I don't smoke now, I never felt like the government had control over my body when I did. And trust me, when I was doing it-which was quite often ;) I could've given a shit that it wasn't legal. Hell, in hindsight, I probably would've liked it a lot less if it had been legal :)

Bother me? I live in one of the freest countries in the entire world and for that I am grateful. Since you live in the same country as I do, perhaps you should stop taking your freedom for granted.

thome
03-14-2008, 08:54 PM
5000 plus post but," You Don't Post Here Often"

FUKK OFF PUSSY!

and your candy assed thread too.

Nickdfresh
03-14-2008, 09:02 PM
As for heroin addicts receiving small doses in the UK, I'm not sure....

This is something I saw as a kid in the 1980s (on 60 Minutes or something). They may have in fact ended the program because methadone is available...

Nickdfresh
03-14-2008, 09:37 PM

Actually, that depends. In Canada in the 80s and early 90s, there was a wave of dealer turf war violence between pot gangs...

Hell, there were turf wars over the smuggling in of cheaper American CIGARETTES in the 1990s in parts of Ontario Canada!!

You can legalize all of it, but the problem would still exist. Users would still become addicts. It would still cost money. Addicts would still beg, borrow, and steal to get it.

Like alcoholics? Actually, there'd be far more restrictions on addicts and drug use than there is of alcohol users in my imaginary system...

You may divert the profits from dealers, etc. to the government and legitimate businesses, but that is about the only "good" that will come of it.

The dealers exist because of the profit motive. Take that away, and 75% of the related crime goes away. People no longer have to steal to get their fix. But they CAN get help, no questions asked, if they want to get unaddicted...

And so do the numbers of addicts rotting away in prisons on our dime --to the tune of billion$ a year...

It is complete backward thinking to say one bad drug (alcohol) is legal so we should make the entire lot legal as well. Its ill effects are already well documented yet is continually used as a scapegoat for why we should make every other drug legal.

And as the border wars in Ontario Canada showed, even mundane cigarettes can cause violence if there is a suppressed market, underground and run by the mob, for it!

It's a good example of why other drugs should remain illicit.

I say the thousands in prison for nonviolent drug crimes, the failed "War on Drugs," and the utter failure of prohibition and its helping to establish organized crime in America are reasons to differ...

We all hear that we should drink responsibly. A lot of the time it catches up in one way or another to those who don't, and by that point it usually infringes on others. And besides, who ever heard of a responsible crackhead?

Crack and meph would be illegal as impure, synthetic lab drugs. And with cheap coke --indeed-- safe, gov't regulated coke, who'd want 'em?

Crack is the po' man's drug, which is why it mostly ravages African American communities in addition to more than a few white ones...

People don't often care whether they drink and smoke in front of their children either, sadly. And drug tests would become no more relevant than an 'alcohol test'..

In any case, the big draw to drugs is the taboo of them being illegal and "bad"...

Just like European rates of alcoholism are lower, despite the fact that people can legally drink much earlier. Coincidence? I think NOT! There is no taboo of the rebellious, corporate-constructed image of the ironic nonconformist...

Legalize it.

Partially. In a very controlled circumstance under omnipresent gov't observation...

No more than the alcohol industry contributes to teen drinking and alcoholism in the US via advertising glorifying its "coolness."

In fact, all drug related advertising other than gov't PSAs would be banned...

NO! Punish people for violating laws regarding narcotics distribution in an attempt to undermine their legal distribution...

It's not a crime to DO drugs, just to sell them unless working in the socialist Gov't distribution network...

As opposed to what? The current system that sends them to prison while not attacking the current root of the problem?

Isn't that what we do now? Actually, we don't!

You probably already live next to drug users. If you don't believe that, than your naive and just fooling yourself...

Little Texan
03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by thome

FUKK OFF PUSSY!

He was referring to posting in the Front Line, fucktard. And you're the one to be calling someone else a pussy...pot-kettle-black, anyone? What's wrong, the subject of drug use in this thread hit just a little too close to home for you? After all, most of your posts read like you're strung out on crack or meth while you're typing them!

Nickdfresh
03-14-2008, 10:09 PM

FUKK OFF PUSSY!

Have another Schlitz you drunken, hypocrite assclown...

Don't forget to pray to Jesus and the school of hard cocks...

thome
03-14-2008, 10:16 PM

I'm gonna knock you out.... cause momma said so.... you asshat pretentious candy ass.

Name one instance that states -I lied- to you or anyone else here on this board .

then you can call me a HYPOCRITE!

assclown drunk fool douchebag whoremonger i'll take all that and say you are correct but LIER ? HYPOCRITE?

Sorry wrong guy!

Eat Me!

*in the nicest most politically correct my son is a a student at dipshit middle school way possible*

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-14-2008, 10:42 PM

FUKK OFF PUSSY!

Inbred.

I meant "The Front Line."

thome
03-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Inbred.

I meant "The Front Line."

Where is your big Rasta LOVE!

SMOKE IT if you get busted your busted the rest is CRAP!

If drugs were legal we/us would all be dead by thursday next week.

everyone everywhere.

You need POPA-BOBO YOU FOOL!

You need your spankie just like the conts in Iraq.

Git Up Stand up..... fall down for your RITES!

head in a medicine jar....you won't go far.........SING IT BABY!

Tiki-Tom
03-15-2008, 12:49 AM

You probably already live next to drug users. If you don't believe that, than your naive and just fooling yourself...

You may very well be right. We've got some call girls living across the way. These are classy hoes . They call themselves "escorts." They probably do need their daily fix.

LoungeMachine
03-15-2008, 02:24 AM

FUKK OFF PUSSY!

I suspect a little thread jealousy from the little trailer troll.

:(

thome
03-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I suspect a little thread jealousy from the little trailer troll.

:( More like sig Jealousy!

I have tried over 5000 posts and still no honorable display in the sig of the ages...Lounge ?

I will keep trying wierdness to follow.....

Lounge is GOD!

Yeah that'll work....I say to myself silently...someday thome someday.....proudly quoted in Lounges sig.... Gosh........ a man can dream...:p

thome
03-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Lounge that is all this has ever been all a act to get to the highest of highs!

hrs of coming up with bogus BS retoricall spendable lines of imaginative ignorance with style and grace mirrored throught the endless qualifications of reality based dreams of instable conformity....

sweat and blood still the Brass....ri ...rin.... -The Brass Ring- fingers bloody from endless typing ...old...... so old now ...........

Nickdfresh
03-15-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna knock you out.... cause momma said so.... you asshat pretentious candy ass.

Name one instance that states -I lied- to you or anyone else here on this board .

assclown drunk fool douchebag whoremonger i'll take all that and say you are correct but LIER ? HYPOCRITE?

Sorry wrong guy!

Eat Me!

*in the nicest most politically correct my son is a a student at dipshit middle school way possible*

Thome's gonna get medieval on us yo!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/funny-5.jpg

matt19
03-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Sorry wrong guy!

Eat Me!

How can you spell, douchebag, whore monger, and hypocrite correct, yet still misspell LIAR??

You are such a twat.

thome
03-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks but....

Shouldn't, "Liar" be capitalized ,not all caps and in parenthisis?

thpwomed!

I was banging my girlfriend in the locker room that day so, I missed the," How To Spell Liar lesson."

I was smoking ,"Doob " with a bunch of cheeleaders in the girls room durring the lesson of how to quote properly, also.

As a matter of fact I missed all classes always due to, "Banging" and ,"Doobing" with hot chicks ,but as long as I have you to correct my -English- all will be rite in the JUNGLE!

Thanks again if you want.... I can just send all posts to your E-Mail and you can correct punctuate and post for me .

That will be all today darling now be a good little secretary and grab me a cup of coffee..... that's it .......thank you.

If my wife calls i'll be in meeting you know the drill ......

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Where is your big Rasta LOVE!

SMOKE IT if you get busted your busted the rest is CRAP!

If drugs were legal we/us would all be dead by thursday next week.

everyone everywhere.

You need POPA-BOBO YOU FOOL!

You need your spankie just like the conts in Iraq.

Git Up Stand up..... fall down for your RITES!

head in a medicine jar....you won't go far.........SING IT BABY!

Originally posted by matt19
How can you spell, douchebag, whore monger, and hypocrite correct, yet still misspell LIAR??

You are such a twat.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

SparkieD
03-15-2008, 05:39 PM

thpwomed!

That will be all today darling now be a good little secretary and grab me a cup of coffee..... that's it .......thank you.

:lol: thpwomed indeed :lol:

Nickdfresh
03-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll tell you what Thome, I'm getting sick of you shitting up threads by throwing a shit-storm, slap-and-tickle hissy fit of flaming session tantrums simply because you do not like the subject of them...

It's gettin' old buddy...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Why doesn't someone just ban him?

thome
03-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I'll tell you what Thome, I'm getting sick of you shitting up threads by throwing a shit-storm, slap-and-tickle hissy fit of flaming session tantrums simply because you do not like the subject of them...

It's gettin' old buddy...

I guess those are the threads that you like and I don't.

The only reason I posted in this one was because MKMTU has fukked me all over this site.

Lil payback no harm no foul.

What's the BFD.

Then you jump me, I jump back and you call me a whatever then it goes.

I have never started after you without you dropping the guantlet first always first.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to pray to Jesus and the school of hard cocks...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah! -YOUR- sick of it?

WTF.

I will try an cool me stuff .

Let's see how everyone else does...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-16-2008, 12:29 AM

The only reason I posted in this one was because MKMTU has fukked me all over this site.

Lil payback no harm no foul.

You think you are making me mad?
Dude I'm on another cloud right now.

matt19
03-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks but....

Shouldn't, "Liar" be capitalized ,not all caps and in parenthisis?

thpwomed!

I was banging my girlfriend in the locker room that day so, I missed the," How To Spell Liar lesson."

I was smoking ,"Doob " with a bunch of cheeleaders in the girls room durring the lesson of how to quote properly, also.

As a matter of fact I missed all classes always due to, "Banging" and ,"Doobing" with hot chicks ,but as long as I have you to correct my -English- all will be rite in the JUNGLE!

Thanks again if you want.... I can just send all posts to your E-Mail and you can correct punctuate and post for me .

If my wife calls i'll be in meeting you know the drill ......

No one needs to correct anything for you, as you know how to spell and punctuate on your own. Its just part of your bullshit schtick to stick out here.

And your wife wont be calling, as she will have my dick in her mouth.

Do us all a favor find the bridge and jump off.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Sometimes I forget it's illegal.

binnie
03-17-2008, 09:54 AM
**sigh**

What began life as a very interesting thread involving debate without aggravation has quickly become a dysnfunctional slap-fest.

I need a joint :D

SparkieD
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
**sigh**

I need a joint :D

I get told that I need one all the time since I'm so high strung. I'm inclined to agree. Oh, if I weren't such a goody-two-shoes.

binnie
03-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
I get told that I need one all the time since I'm so high strung. I'm inclined to agree. Oh, if I weren't such a goody-two-shoes.

Ha Ha!!

I hear ya - being sober has it's downsides, but the positives definitely out-weight them.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-18-2008, 12:12 AM

What began life as a very interesting thread involving debate without aggravation has quickly become a dysnfunctional slap-fest.

Yep, thank thome for that. I fucking HATE that guy.