PDA

View Full Version : Well, I just lost all respect for Will Smith

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Are Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and Kimora Lee Simmons the new celebrity faces of Scientology? The case is certainly made in “Scientology Under Siege,” Radar magazine’s April cover story.

In the piece, the magazine said, “The Church has also set its sights on African Americans, opening up a center in Harlem in 2003 and making a strong play for Hollywood supercouple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett.”

Despite a fervent denial from Smith’s rep—“I can tell you with 100 percent certainty this is not true”—sources close to Smith earlier told this column that the actor definitely is becoming a member of the religion. “He’s been getting more and more involved (in Scientology),” said one source. “And it isn’t just him, it’s definitely Jada, too.”

“It’s not so much that anyone is upset that Will is becoming a Scientologist, well, except for Bueno Bob at the Roth Army Forums anyway,” the source added after seeing a copy of the nine-page Radar piece. “It’s that as he becomes more involved, you’d think he’d sort of help fly the flag with Tom (Cruise), who seems to only get a bad rap for it, while Will does this and comes through just fine. Except for Bueno Bob at the Roth Army Forums, who now thinks Will is a total fag for this even being rumored.”

As for Kimora Lee Simmons, the Radar piece makes the case for including her among the ranks of celebrity Scientologists. The magazine points to a 2006 gathering where Scientology leader David Miscavige “spoke glowingly of Kimora Lee Simmons’ efforts to distribute a personalized edition of Hubbard’s “The Way to Happiness,” featuring her image on the cover, to school kids in New Jersey.” Simmons’ rep said that the designer/model is not a Scientologist. Bueno Bob said "Fuck that noise - I think we should declare a fucking jihad on these scientology bitches. ABALA ABALA ABALA!!!"

If you’re curious about the other celebs that take part in the religion, Radar covers that ground, too. Ones you’re probably aware of are Kirstie Alley, Lisa Marie Presley and Jenna Elfman. Although currently unconfirmed, sources say that Bueno Bob thinks they're a bunch of twats, too.

Some you might not have known about include musician Beck, former “South Park” chef Isaac Hayes (Hayes reportedly quit the show after it spoofed the religion), Juliette Lewis, Giovanni Ribisi (whose sister happens to be married to Beck), FNC reporter Greta Van Susteren and the voice of Bart Simpson, Nancy Cartwright. Bueno Bob could not be reached for further comment.

:mad:

Bob Brubake
03-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Sounds like The Fresh Prince has been brainwashed.

Northern Girl
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
It's a bit wacko, but are they hurting anyone? I don't know. I'm asking.

Billy Sheehan is big into it. I saw him being interviewed. He kept saying he couldn't talk about what they do. Sounds like a cult.

Panamark
03-18-2008, 05:07 PM
I've heard about this before, I thought he already was one...

WhoCares?
03-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Have Eddie Van Halen become a member

The entire organization will be discredited within a week

Or...

Maybe, just maybe, it will have a reverse effect & make Eddie normal

Warham
03-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I think they keep the extraterrestrial stuff out of the spotlight.

cadaverdog
03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
I am not sure of their believes but it is obvious the members
are seperated into groups .
In Hollywood they have a place restricted to celebtities so the
celebrities don't have to mingle with non celebrity scientologists.
Unless you were famous why would you join a group that you
knew was going to treat you as a second class member?

SparkieD
03-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl

Billy Sheehan is big into it. I saw him being interviewed. He kept saying he couldn't talk about what they do. Sounds like a cult.

The answer to that question is a resounding YES! People have been abused, taken from their families, and even DIED at the hands of $cientologists. Rather than fed ya bits and pieces of why the Co$ is so bad, Here's a link to a couple of very informative websites:

http://www.xenu.net/

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

Billy Sheehan is a certified fool. I posted the links to his interview in Tiki's "This is S-Day" thread, which was our way of participating in the $cientology protest. Note the vacant eyes characteristic of many $cientologists.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=52914

SparkieD
03-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by cadaverdog
I am not sure of their believes but it is obvious the members
are seperated into groups .
In Hollywood they have a place restricted to celebtities so the
celebrities don't have to mingle with non celebrity scientologists.
Unless you were famous why would you join a group that you
knew was going to treat you as a second class member?

No, they aren't divided into groups with regards to celebrity status. It's all about money. To advance to higher Operating Thetan (OT) levels, one must endure "audits" where a higher member uses a Hubbard Electropsychometer (E-meter) to conduct a sort of personality test. I must add that each level audit must be conducted periodically and costs THOUSANDS of dollars. If you are able to afford the mandatory auditing, you can ascend to higher OT levels. If you cannot afford it, you will be audited until you are tapped out and will remain a lowly peon, which is exactly how they look upon the lower ranking $cientologists.

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
http://www.xenu.net/

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

Excellent links, I was about the post the same ones myself. xenu.net is destroying scientology, and I for one love it!

:)

cadaverdog
03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
No, they aren't divided into groups with regards to celebrity status. It's all about money. To advance to higher Operating Thetan (OT) levels, one must endure "audits" where a higher member uses a Hubbard Electropsychometer (E-meter) to conduct a sort of personality test. I must add that each level audit must be conducted periodically and costs THOUSANDS of dollars. If you are able to afford the mandatory auditing, you can ascend to higher OT levels. If you cannot afford it, you will be audited until you are tapped out and will remain a lowly peon, which is exactly how they look upon the lower ranking $cientologists.

On Hollywood Blvd , there is the Scientology celebrity center .
It is for celebrity scientologist as a place to gather and bring
other celebrities to enlighten them. One of the doormen told us
that the workers were also scientologists and donated their time
working there to their cause.
But your probably right , if your rich you can probably mingle
with the celebs.

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 08:20 PM

That's what they all say, when you ask them. Never can tell you what they do, but they do assure you that they are the foremost experts on the human mind and that they're doing good worldwide...

Question is this - 99% of most organized (or disorganized) religions love to pat themselves on the back and toot their own horn about all the good they're doing...so why don't scientologists?

Answer - they're not doing anything. They take your money, brainwash you into a certain set of idealisms and then, once you pay all of what you can and most of what you can't, then you get to learn about aliens and atomic bombs billions of years ago and so on and so forth. Until you start to think "Wait a minute...I'm totally broke and smelling bullshit here...", at which point they designate you a "problem" and put you into their equivilent of a concentration camp, where you're worked like slave labor and denied food, sleep and even shelter in many cases, until your mind is so fucking warped you think they've done great things for you and attest it until you're blue in the face, yet can't say for sure WHAT good thing it's done, precisely.

You add that on top of their fucked "silent birth" horseshit, restrictions on diet, entertainment, what you can watch or read, etc...

Listen to Tom Cruise's 9 minute spiel on YouTube. He can't put two thoughts together or even make one fucking point about scientology without drooling off into completely inane banter, yet he keeps repeating how scientology are "The Leading Experts On the Mind" and how they're doing "More Good In the World Than Anybody Else". Still, in that 9-11 minute idiots rant, he doesn't name even ONE thing that MAKES them the experts in these fields, nor does he name ONE thing that they've done for people that is, by definition strict or loose, "good".

But he'll insist, over and over, that that's the case. Until you ask him in person or during an interview, at which point he clams the fuck up and says "I can't talk about it."

Simple reason is that there's really nothing to talk about. You could, of course, talk about L. Ron Hubbard, who was an average science fiction writer until he said one day "Writing for a penny a word is stupid. If you really want to make a million dollars, invent a religion" (actual quote, by the way).

That's exactly what he did, and in his drug and alcohol induced lunacy as his years led on, he became so irrational that he actually began to believe the shit himself and preach it as gospel (so to speak).

I tell ya, man...I hate scientologists more than I do any other people.

Matt White
03-18-2008, 08:23 PM
CULT

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Even L. Ron Hubbard's own CHILDREN fucking denounce every bit of it...that would, you think, say a LOT about it in general, but I guess it's easier than a lot of the other religions...especially for Hollywood types who can't be bothered to actually learn anything based on fact, history, rough approximation or even speculation; it is, quite literally, the equivolent of "Buying Your Way Into Heaven", if you'll forgive the expression...

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 08:36 PM
This'll save you some clicking. This, in essence, is SCIENTOLOGY:

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

There you have it.

Coyote
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Even L. Ron Hubbard's own CHILDREN fucking denounce every bit of it...that would, you think, say a LOT about it in general, but I guess it's easier than a lot of the other religions...especially for Hollywood types who can't be bothered to actually learn anything based on fact, history, rough approximation or even speculation; it is, quite literally, the equivolent of "Buying Your Way Into Heaven", if you'll forgive the expression...

I don't know if I can. I think I'm hurt by your words. :rolleyes: :D

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 08:59 PM
No stoppin' the red rockin', you know. :D

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm taking the initial scientology "Personality Analysis" right now...

I'm gonna join and stuff...lol

Little Texan
03-18-2008, 09:10 PM

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

There you have it.

After reading that, you have to wonder how anyone with half a brain could even begin to believe any of this shit, and how someone's bullshit meter wouldn't be maxed out? What kind of a fucking moron would believe such obvious made up bullshit? Oh, that's right...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_01/Cruise180507_468x499.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/graphics/2007/07/13/bftravolta113.jpg

cadaverdog
03-18-2008, 09:12 PM

There you have it.

Obviously , to indoctrinte you into scientology they force you to
smoke massive amounts of high grade bud then tell you
this story when you're too stoned to comprehend the truth
from utter fiction.
How many run out screaming "let's find that Xenu asshole
and kick his ass"? Then start laughing uncontrolably.

Little Texan
That story is like something a 5 year old child with a big imagination would come up with!

bueno bob
Hey now! They are the LEADING AUTHORITIES ON THE MIND!!! :mad:

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Obviously , to indoctrinte you into scientology they force you to
smoke massive amounts of high grade bud then tell you
this story when you're too stoned to comprehend the truth
from utter fiction.
How many run out screaming "let's find that Xenu asshole
and kick his ass"? Then start laughing uncontrolably.

Well, if you read that xenu link a little further, you discover that running laps and relaxing in a sauna until running laps again (for hours), repetative actions (such as asking one question over and over for hours without allowing yourself to be distracted) or going into a room and describing a certain set of objects (book on one table, bottle on another) over and over again for hours on end...with a high concentration of vitamin intake, plus a little therapy where you stare at another person in the eyes for hours without speaking leads to a massive shutdown of critical thinking processes - in other words, brainwashing 101 and for people desperate enough to believe in something...well...

There are other things they do - classes you enroll in where you're spoken to and treated like a pre-schooler (nappy time, let's play with paper, etc)...

All of these things add up and weaken a persons ability to think critically. Now, you consider that the people enrolling in this shit REALLY want to believe it and you have your answer. Hell, most of us would crack under that kind of pressure continued for months (even years) - when you're dealing with people who have personality issues and dependencies, it's probably a pretty easy sell, considering.

bueno bob
03-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
That story is like something a 5 year old child with a big imagination would come up with!

Or a drug addicted sub-par science fiction writer who was battling depression and suicidal tendencies and morbidly obsessed with controlling other people throughout his entire life, while also predisposed to uncontrolled emotional outbursts and abusing his wife and children.

http://www.able.org/about/l-ron-hubbard/images/l-ron-hubbard_2.jpg

Vanessa
03-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Damn L. Ron Hubbard! :mad2:

Dan
03-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Bunch Of Fucking Freaks.

WACF
03-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Money and fame must rot these peoples brains.....

VanHalener
03-19-2008, 03:22 AM
I try to run these people over but their spaceships keep beaming them up every time.

binnie
03-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Ha Ha!!

Bob's little additons to that article well priceless!

ABALA! ABALA! ABALA!

:D

LoungeMachine
03-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Warham
I think they keep the extraterrestrial stuff out of the spotlight.

Yeah, because who would possibly fall for a religion which claims there's this place up in the sky that houses the big boss, and all his followers. :D

The difference between Scientology, and Christianity is what, exactly?

Does Scientology protect their pedophile leaders too?

I have to laugh when the followers of one cult, look down their noses at another cult as not being as believable. :D

LoungeMachine
03-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Or a drug addicted guitar player who was battling depression and suicidal tendencies and morbidly obsessed with controlling other people throughout his entire life, while also predisposed to uncontrolled emotional outbursts and abusing his wife and children.

http://www.able.org/about/l-ron-hubbard/images/l-ron-hubbard_2.jpg

That picture doesn't look like eddie. :confused:

Warham
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Yeah, because who would possibly fall for a religion which claims there's this place up in the sky that houses the big boss, and all his followers. :D

I have to laugh when the followers of one cult, look down their noses at another cult as not being as believable. :D

Yes, the idea that the universe has a creator is such an unbelievable concept, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Christianity is a 'cult'? I would think that 'cults' are usually reserved for groups of less than 1-2 billion people.

What are you exactly? An athiest?

cadaverdog
03-19-2008, 06:09 PM

And there are no pedophile atheists?

SparkieD
03-19-2008, 06:25 PM

Maybe he's one of them.

cadaverdog
03-19-2008, 06:26 PM

I have to laugh at one individual who passes judgement on
millions of believers based on the simple fact that he doesn't
agree.

LoungeMachine
03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Yes, the idea that the universe has a creator is such an unbelievable concept, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Christianity is a 'cult'? I would think that 'cults' are usually reserved for groups of less than 1-2 billion people.

I am a Theist, not an athiest since you asked...

What does your first question have to do with CHRISTIANITY?????

MANY religions believe in a creator, dumbass.

Do YOU even understand the term CHRISTIANITY?

:rolleyes:

Funny how you equate the belief of a creator with "Christianity" only.

What exactly do you think Muslims, or Jews believe? :rolleyes:

But thanks for proving my point [again] Christians think they are the only true "believers"

How pathetic.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
03-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I have to laugh at one individual who passes judgement on
millions of believers based on the simple fact that he doesn't
agree.

Isnt that what Christians do?

Almost ALL Christians believe that if you're NOT a Christian, you are going to hell.

You really never know what the fuck you're talking about, do you? :rolleyes:

Steve Savicki
03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Anyone have their CDs?
LOL

LoungeMachine
03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
And there are no pedophile atheists?

Way to let the point go over your little head again, clem.

Jesus tittie fucking Christ, you're a moron.

So a pedophile who happens to be an athiest, is the same as a man of the cloth, in charge of a congregation, who preys on those he supposedly serves??

Great comparison, dumbass.

But then, having spent time in prison getting your asshole drilled on a nightly basis would give YOU more insight than most....

BALLYJUNKIE
03-19-2008, 11:25 PM
this thread is about will smith ....and i lost all respect for him when become a rapper /poser ,wich was over 10 years ago .....boy are you behind

cadaverdog
03-19-2008, 11:42 PM

Way to let the point go over your little head again, clem.

Jesus tittie fucking Christ, you're a moron.

So a pedophile who happens to be an athiest, is the same as a man of the cloth, in charge of a congregation, who preys on those he supposedly serves??

Great comparison, dumbass.

But then, having spent time in prison getting your asshole drilled on a nightly basis would give YOU more insight than most....

A pedophile is a pedophile reguardless of race , religion , whatever.
Stupid fuck
What kind of an imbecile are you?
That's by far the stupidist thing you have ever said.
If a pedophile only molest children he doesn't know he's
less guilty than one that knows his victim?

Obviously you have issues and it's starting to look like
some Priest or something engaged you in a game of
hide the weenie.

Seek help , immediatly .

LoungeMachine
03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice projection, Mr. Felon.

You're the dumbass who couldnt comprehend the Priests as Pedophile reference. :rolleyes:

Dont blame me becaue you took it up the ass in prison.

Dan
03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Anyone have their CDs?
LOL

WTF?

cadaverdog
03-19-2008, 11:47 PM

Almost ALL Christians believe that if you're NOT a Christian, you are going to hell.

You're passing judgement when you call Christians idiots .
You're no better than them.
You're a fucking hypocrite .

cadaverdog
03-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Nice projection, Mr. Felon.

You're the dumbass who couldnt comprehend the Priests as Pedophile reference. :rolleyes:

Dont blame me becaue you took it up the ass in prison.

You're the cocksucker that said an atheist pedophile is different
than a religous one.

Explain that , dumbass.

Don't blame all men of the cloth because one fucked you in
the ass.

cadaverdog
03-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
this thread is about will smith ....and i lost all respect for him when become a rapper /poser ,wich was over 10 years ago .....boy are you behind

Became one?
He started his career as The Fresh Prince, non violent rapper.
Then he became an actor.
Maybe you knew him before he was a rapper .

BALLYJUNKIE
03-20-2008, 02:41 PM
my point is rap/hip hop sucks !!! i have no respect for those posers !!!!

Steve Savicki
03-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Dan
WTF?
http://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.asp?HT_SEARCH=XARTIST&HT_Search_Info=Will+Smith&seeall=1

cadaverdog
03-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
my point is rap/hip hop sucks !!! i have no respect for those posers !!!!

I don't dig the music or the message it sends .
But the Fresh Prince's stuff was pretty harmless.
Tom Cruise is definatly mental , but Travolta
seems pretty normal despite Scientology.
Wild Hogs sure was funny.

Nickdfresh
03-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Check this thread, yo!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23209

There's also links to a (recent) four part Buffalo News series on Scientology, and the big (not so recent) Time magazine story on them...

Nickdfresh
03-20-2008, 06:58 PM
The History, enjoy!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=591745#post591745

Nitro Express
03-21-2008, 01:10 AM

It's the typical cult that uses high pressure interviews to extract very personal information and them uses that to blackmail you. People go to the church for help and the church uses the person's vulnerablility to exploit them. Scientilology is as bad as the man who invetned it who his own son says was a pedofile.

Nitro Express
03-21-2008, 01:13 AM
A red flag should go up when the members can't talk about it. They go around and recruit members but then once people are into it they can't talk about it. The FBI has some good information on cults and how to determine if an organization is one.

Nitro Express
03-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Here's a rare interview with L. Ron Hubbard's son:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html

thome
03-21-2008, 01:26 PM
People should study all religions -Study-is the word and the -Word - should not be confused with believing in the ones you have studied, and -Believing- has little to do with faith and -Faith- will only come with wisdom and -Wisdom- of all you have learned is the -Answer-.

I can give you no more than this and this is hard enough to understand.

Once you resign yourself to what -Man- has written you are lost.

That is how I feel and if it makes you happy to have a higher power so be it.

Just remember it is his, higher power,..... you stupid FUKK!

and he needs a new filter for his pool, so send money now....

yeay,Tho!

Terry
03-23-2008, 09:36 PM

Pretty much sums it up!

Hey, it's America! As a citizen, one is allowed to practice whatever form of superstition/religion one likes.

Personally, I didn't have much use for Will Smith or his wife BEFORE this whole Scientology biz; just another couple of celebs (who, in this case, happen to be on tv shows and movies), as opposed to someone who is famous because they have a degree of talent.

PlexiBrown
03-23-2008, 10:31 PM
It is a cult much like many religions.

DeadOrAlive
03-24-2008, 03:04 AM

No... Sounds like Tom Cruise's next big film! :D

DeadOrAlive
03-24-2008, 03:09 AM

The world would be a much better place without stereotypes or assumptions.

LoungeMachine
03-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive

You mean like "all Muslims are terrorists or extremists"??

Yeah.

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 02:05 PM
There was A Star Trek movie were they found some alien
that said humans came to earth from a dying planet and
to make sure they stayed in line religion was invented.

Sounds a lot more feasible than the Scientology story
told on this thread.

Little Texan
03-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive

I believe the world would be a much better place without religion. Think about it: alot of the violence and conflict in this world stems from people of one religious mindset clashing with people with a different ideology. Throughout recorded history, people have killed and committed all sorts of attrocities in the name of their respective gods. More wars have been waged in the name of religion than any other cause. Eliminate all of the world's religions, and you'll eliminate a great percentage of the world's violence, IMHO.

cadaverdog
03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I believe the world would be a much better place without religion. Think about it: alot of the violence and conflict in this world stems from people of one religious mindset clashing with people with a different ideology. Throughout recorded history, people have killed and committed all sorts of attrocities in the name of their respective gods. More wars have been waged in the name of religion than any other cause. Eliminate all of the world's religions, and you'll eliminate a great percentage of the world's violence, IMHO.

The American revolution , the war of 1812 , the civil war ,
ww1 , ww2 , Korea , Viet Nam , the gulf war , even the
current bullshit not about religion.
The gulf war was about land , Iraq invading Kuwait.
And the current bullshit , oil , revenge , whatever excuses
that were used or whatever theories you believe , I don't
think religion is/was involved .

Religion is used as an excuse for terrorism but the responce
is based on criminality not religion.

When was the last war based on religion?

DeadOrAlive
03-25-2008, 02:43 AM
You mean like "all Muslims are terrorists or extremists"??

Yeah.

I never intended that... (What a suprise.)

Or possibly... "All catholic priests are child molesters."

DeadOrAlive
03-25-2008, 02:45 AM

True, but you do have to look at the good sides of religions. A good majority of religions set up morals where one should not kill or harm another... and it does sink into society. I completely understand all the killings throughout time, from before commen era to the medievil times and even in today's world. But you also have to equate the morals instilled.

Nothing's perfect, and there's always a few flaws here and there.

bueno bob
03-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I believe the world would be a much better place without religion. Think about it: alot of the violence and conflict in this world stems from people of one religious mindset clashing with people with a different ideology.

I disagree. I think most violence and conflict in the world revolves around economy, land and the desire for natural resources (or all three). Religion is just a catalyst for political leaders desiring war to bring people to arms...Bush has used it, Hussein used it, Bin Laden uses it, etc etc..."We have a holy right to what we want!" and all...there'd be just as much violence and conflict in the world today as there would be without it.

Personal opinion, but mankind is violent by nature anyway, and an overnight lack of any religion wouldn't do anything to bring humanity any closer to world peace. Some people believe that if religion vanished overnight, there'd be no more war or violence or whatever...my opinion, but I think that displays a willfull ignorance of the history of human nature and armed conflict, and the causes and effects of it.

When you stop to consider that there hasn't been an actual religious crusade of any note on a global level at all in at least hundreds of years (or perhaps even longer than that, depending), I would think that would be self evident.

Religion is a motivational tool that corrupt leaders use for their own personal gain, and that's probably been going on since the Jewish canon was set (if not before), regardless of when the Masoretic text was recognized (and there's more than enough room to argue when and where that actually happened)...

Meh. I hate arguing religion.

:D