PDA

View Full Version : Clinton’s Calvary

kwame k
03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent
Thu Mar 27, 6:40 AM ET WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

A group of prominent Hillary Clinton donors sent a letter to House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday asking her to retract her comments on superdelegates and stay out of the Democratic fight over their role in the presidential race.
The 20 prominent Clinton supporters told Pelosi she should "clarify" recent statements to make it clear superdelegates -- nearly 800 party insiders and elected officials who are free to back any candidate -- could support the candidate they think would be the best nominee.
Pelosi has not publicly endorsed either Clinton or Barack Obama in their hotly contested White House battle, but she recently said superdelegates should support whoever emerges from the nomination contests with the most pledged delegates -- which appears almost certain to be Obama.
"This is an untenable position that runs counter to the party's intent in establishing superdelegates in 1984," the letter from the wealthy Clinton backers said.
"Superdelegates, like all delegates, have an obligation to make an informed, individual decision about whom to support and who would be the party's strongest nominee," said the letter signed by some of Clinton's biggest fund raisers.
Superdelegates have emerged as likely kingmakers in the fight between Clinton and Obama. The letter was another sign of growing Democratic tension over their nominating battle.
Neither candidate is expected to have enough pledged delegates won in state-by-state contests to clinch the nomination when voting ends in June, leaving the choice in the hands of the superdelegates.
Both candidates have wooed them heavily, with Obama contending they should follow the will of Democratic voters and Clinton arguing they should vote for the candidate with the best chance of winning the presidential election in November -- which she says is her.
Among the signees of the letter were prominent Democrats and Clinton supporters like Robert Johnson, founder of Black Entertainment Television; Bernard Schwartz, former chairman of Loral Space and Communications; and venture capitalist Steven Rattner.
The signees reminded the House leader from California of their support for the party's House campaign committee and said "therefore" she should "reflect in your comments a more open view" about superdelegates.
"We appreciate your activities in support of the Democratic Party and your leadership role in the party and hope you will be responsive to some of your major enthusiastic supporters," the letter said.
The Obama campaign said the Illinois senator would support the election efforts of House Democrats no matter what the outcome of the nomination fight.
"This letter is inappropriate and we hope the Clinton campaign will reject the insinuation contained in it," Obama spokesman Bill Burton said.
Clinton spokesman Phil Singer said Clinton had made the case superdelegates should exercise independent judgment about who would be the best for the party and the country.
"Few have done more to build the Democratic Party than Bill and Hillary Clinton. The last thing they need is a lecture from the Obama campaign," he said.
(Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080327/ts_nm/usa_politics_pelosi_dc;_ylt=AotXq.UyMaKO0wKV0wj8OH w8KbIF

kwame k
03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Clinton’s getting nervous and trying to steal the election right now, baby. She was all for re-votes in Michigan and Florida. Why? Because she thought she would win those delegates. Now she’s trying to force the issues with the super-delegates way before the next round of primaries. She is seeing the writing on the wall and it’s not looking good for her. They want The House speaker to recant or clarify her statements.

What was Nancy saying that got Hillary’s panties in a bunch.
“superdelegates should support whoever emerges from the nomination contests with the most pledged delegates -- which appears almost certain to be Obama.”
That would be the end for Hilary.

I think Hilary wants the back room deal making that would have to be a part of her winning the super-delegates and an area where her and hillbilly shine. Back room deals, dirty politics, and deal making are a Clinton Family specialty.

Granted Obama doesn’t need to make a fuss about this because Nancy’s statements help him but Obama all along has gone along with the DNC rules where Clinton only uses those rules when it’s politically expedient for her to do so, like in this instance.

FORD
04-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by kwame k

"Few have done more to build the Democratic Party than Bill and Hillary Clinton. The last thing they need is a lecture from the Obama campaign," he said.
(Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080327/ts_nm/usa_politics_pelosi_dc;_ylt=AotXq.UyMaKO0wKV0wj8OH w8KbIF

Build???

NOBODY has done more to destroy the Democratic Party than the Clintons and the so called "Democratic Leadership Council", who are neither Democrats, nor leaders.

The sickening desperation of the Hillary campaign, and those associated with it (Yes, Judas Carville, I'm looking right at you. And Mark Green) is a textbook illustration of how these bastards have all but destroyed the party of FDR & JFK.

FREE RANDI RHODES!!

VOTE OBAMA!!!

FUCK THE DLC!!

Nickdfresh
04-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Free Rhandi? What happened to her, Ford?

FORD
04-04-2008, 07:51 PM
That AIPAC sucking Hillary lover Mark Green (president of Air America) suspended Randi for an "indefinite" time, because she did a stand up comedy routine at a SF radio station sponsored fan event a couple of weeks ago.

She used a number of 4 letter words in the act (as is typical in standup) and the official excuse given by AAR is that the language was "inappropriate".

Only she was NOT on the radio at the time, so the language used is irrelevant to FCC rules or any other regulations.

The true issue was not WHAT she said, but WHO she said it about. Basically, referred to Hillary & Geraldine Ferraro as "fucking whores". This was within a few days of the blatantly racist comments Ferraro made about Obama.

The rabid Hillbots have been complaining about Randi's "anti-Hillary bias" for weeks, but as Randi pointed out, she remained officially neutral until it became clear to anyone capable of using an abacus that Hillary had no legitimate and honorable way to win the nomination.

The whole episode reminds me of the way they fucked over Malloy back in 2006. Needless to say he had quite the rant on his show last night.

Nickdfresh
04-04-2008, 09:38 PM
LMFAO!! Air America has gotten pretty gay, but in a gay way since Franken left and that tool took over afternoons...

LoungeMachine
04-04-2008, 10:52 PM
As a FORMER supporter [both time, and money] of the Clintons, who stood by them through every motherfucking sleazy hatchet job the Right threw at them for 8 years.......

FUCK THEM BOTH WITH A RUSTY CHAINSAW.

This campaign has really opened my eyes to just how pandering, hypocritical, coniving, and pathetic they have become.

If the Repuke candidate were ANYONE other than McCain, I could honestly say I'd vote R if she were the Dem. nominee this cycle.

Oh, and while we're at it....

FUCK YOU JAMES CARVILLE, YOU INBRED PIECE OF SHIT.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
As a FORMER supporter [both time, and money] of the Clintons, who stood by them through every motherfucking sleazy hatchet job the Right threw at them for 8 years.......

This campaign has really opened my eyes to just how pandering, hypocritical, coniving, and pathetic they have become.

If the Repuke candidate were ANYONE other than McCain, I could honestly say I'd vote R if she were the Dem. nominee this cycle.

LoungeMachine

LoungeMachine
04-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
LMFAO!! Air America has gotten pretty gay, but in a gay way since Franken left and that tool took over afternoons...

Sam Seder, who is "sitting in" for Randi, is a fucking JOKE.

I hate that guy almost as much as I do her.

Thom Hartmann, Mike Malloy, Rachael Maddow, and Bobby Kennedy Jr. are the only reasons left to listen to AAR

Stephanie Miller's sidekicks are pretty funny though....

Blackflag
04-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

really opened my eyes to just how pandering, hypocritical, coniving, and pathetic

I love it.

Can we pull out this quote a few years from now and substitute Obama's name?

FORD
04-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
I love it.

Can we pull out this quote a few years from now and substitute Obama's name?

I sincerely hope we won't have to.

While Obama wasn't my first choice this political season, or even my second, he's definitely my FINAL choice this time around. If he lives up to even 10 percent of what he talks about, then he'll be the best President any of us have seen in our lifetime (there might be some here who actually were alive during JFK's term, but I doubt any who were old enough to remember it)

And I agree with Kip's triplicated comment about the Clintons 100%. I picked Bill as the winner the day he came on the scene in 1991, busted my ass campaigning for him in both 92 and 96, thought Hillary got a bum rap (especially for the REAL health care plan she once had - not the Romneycare II proposal she's pushing now) and yes, I even wanted to believe him when he looked right in the camera and said "I Did Not Have Sex With That Woman".

I took that as a personal betrayal, and should have washed my hands of them both right then and there. :mad:

Rusty Chainsaw indeed!

Blackflag
04-07-2008, 09:47 PM
That would be nice. But I'm not holding my breath.

You know the old saying..."fool me once, shame....fool me twice...and we can't get fooled again."