PDA

View Full Version : Stone Temple Pilots Planning Major Tour

Tiki-Tom
04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
(From Billboard)

The newly-reunited Stone Temple Pilots are adding an extensive stadium tour to their already-announced U.S. festival dates planned for this summer. Billboard reports that a source close to the band says the trek will include as many as 50 dates this summer and fall, kicking off with the Range festival on May 17-18 at Columbus, OH's Columbus Crew Stadium. It will be the band's first show since 2002. STP is also booked on May 23 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of the Indy 500 and at the 2008 Edgefest on July 12 in Toronto. Sources say that Live Nation will produce many dates on the tour, which will likely be officially announced at an April 7 press conference in Los Angeles. Singer Scott Weiland is currently wrapping up a European tour with Velvet Revolver, but a feud between he and drummer Matt Sorum have put that band's future in doubt.

Its about fuckin time he put VR behind him. Hopefully a new disc will follow the tour.

New official reunion photo.
http://i31.tinypic.com/122mcy8.jpg

78/84 guy
04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I love Slash & VR but Scott belongs in STP. Hell Slash belongs in G n'R.

Padre Atilio
04-02-2008, 04:45 AM
They are definitely wanted for new music.

binnie
04-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Lets hope this works out for a while and they don't fuck it up. STP is such a great band, and I'd like them to actually tour over here.

Can't say I hold out much hope for this going beyond the New Year though....