PDA

View Full Version : Couple Sues Google Over "Street View"

Lqskdiver
04-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Couple Sues Google Over "Street View"
Pittsburgh pair claims privacy invaded by posting of home photo

Smoking Gun Article (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0404081google1.html)

APRIL 4--A Pittsburgh couple is suing Google for invasion of privacy, claiming that the web giant's popular "Street View" mapping feature has made a photo of their home available to online searchers. Aaron and Christine Boring accuse Google of an "intentional and/or grossly reckless invasion" of their seclusion and privacy since they live on a street that is "clearly marked with a 'Private Road' sign," according to a lawsuit the couple filed this week in Allegheny County's Court of Common Pleas. A copy of the April 2 complaint can be found below. According to the Borings, they purchased their Oakridge Lane home in late-2006 for "a considerable sum of money," noting that a "major component of their purchase decision was a desire for privacy." But when Pittsburgh was added last October to the roster of cities covered by Google's "Street View" feature, the Borings allege, their "private information was made known to the public," causing them "mental suffering" and diminishing the value of their home (which cost the couple $163,000, according to property records). The Borings are seeking in excess of $25,000 in damages and want a court order directing Google to destroy images of their home. Click here for some photos of the Boring property, which is now even easier to locate via Google Maps, since the plaintiffs included their home address on the lawsuit's first page. And while they are litigating, perhaps the Borings should consider suing Allegheny County's Office of Property Assessments, which includes a photo of their home (which was built in 1916 and sits on 1.82 acres) on its web site. Here's a screen grab. (8 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0404081google7.jpg
:D

Lqskdiver
04-04-2008, 03:35 PM
If you go to the actual google map and look at the gallery, you'll notice whoever took this picture had to actually been standing on a car to get this panoramic.

Pwned!

:D

indeedido
04-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I guess if I lived in a dump in the woods, I wouldn't want a photo of it either.

Seshmeister
04-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Boring!

Also $163 000 is not a significant amount of money. :)

Bizarre that it comes with 5 garages...

indeedido
04-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Gotta have somewhere to cook the meth

VanHalener
04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
watch some court find merit in their case and hook them up with the dough.

Screw these boring asshats.
I hope they get their cash & move.

I'll buy it & call DT & Russ & that crazy redneck Thome.

Pimp the house & yard...

Privacy fence around the pool...

One bay for the Van Halen experience...

Two bays for my girl...

One bay for bikes...

Last bay for Comfort Bunker.

I say taze those Boring bastards, give them a balm and send them on their way.

Here's your sign, asswipes, now get lost so we can get this redneck action going!

thome
04-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I'M IN!

I'll bring the BEER and split the rent.

All I ask is for one of the garages for my Bike and some Whore I may find along the road.

P.S. She sunbathes nude so the satellite images, (I'll try to bring that Kardashian whore she has a big enough ass to be seen from space.) could earn us some GOOGLE money.

FOR MORE BEER!

Lqskdiver
04-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Geezus, I hadn't noticed but the two garages have more square footage combined than the home. And the pool slab is bigger than the foundation as well.

Who the hell are these hicks?!

BITEYOASS
04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
They need some more street view photos. Because I want one of those vacant Detroit Mansions that are on sale for $100k! :D

Nitro Express
04-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Boring!

Also $163 000 is not a significant amount of money. :)

Bizarre that it comes with 5 garages...

A realitor would list it as a private estate with five garages and a back pool terrace. :D

Susie Q
12-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Good LORD, if that place is worth $163,000 than mine should sell for a mansions price too!!

It looks like a damn shack, look at that lawn!

FORD
12-18-2008, 03:13 AM
5 car garage with a house that size??

Something's weird here......

Dope dealers with a big underground growing room?

jhale667
12-22-2008, 04:39 PM
5 car garage with a house that size??

Something's weird here......

Dope dealers with a big underground growing room?

Multiple Meth-labs, perhaps? :confused:

Va Beach VH Fan
12-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Good LORD, if that place is worth $163,000 than mine should sell for a mansions price too!!

It looks like a damn shack, look at that lawn!

LOL, nice sod work....

I dunno, Allegheny County is the county that Pittsburgh is in, that's gotta be the reason that dump is 163K...