• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Jeff Beck's un-released recordings

check out Combine Appice's website

Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

shame the link's dead.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

The site works fine though. Somewhere in my collection I have an unreleased Beck, Bogert & Appice album.

Comment

• Cato
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

related social group > http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

I know that this is sort of a daunting question to ask, yet does anyone have a recording from a series of dates performed in Japan by Beck, Stuart Copeland and Stanley Clarke? These recordings may in truth be totally mythical, yet I recall reading long ago of a brief series of shows that were actually recorded by CBS/Epic, long before the Sony takeover. Time-wise this would have had to be sometime in the late seventies/early eighties, and possibly may have been for private, "industry-only" audiences.

There is scant mention of this time period in the Crazy Fingers bio by Annette Carson, and Copeland has never mentioned it when talking of his various side projects. So...does anyone have any insight to offer here? Any help would be appreciated at this point.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
            I know that this is sort of a daunting question to ask, yet does anyone have a recording from a series of dates performed in Japan by Beck, Stuart Copeland and Stanley Clarke? These recordings may in truth be totally mythical, yet I recall reading long ago of a brief series of shows that were actually recorded by CBS/Epic, long before the Sony takeover. Time-wise this would have had to be sometime in the late seventies/early eighties, and possibly may have been for private, "industry-only" audiences.

There is scant mention of this time period in the Crazy Fingers bio by Annette Carson, and Copeland has never mentioned it when talking of his various side projects. So...does anyone have any insight to offer here? Any help would be appreciated at this point.
            Oooh, I'd like to hear that.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
              Oooh, I'd like to hear that.
              The thing is, I have a handful of Japanese shows from the There And Back era featuring a band consisting of Beck, Fernando Saunders on bass, Simon Phillips on drums and (I think) Tony Hymas on keys. At this time, the group was already performing a version of The Impressions "People Get Ready" (with Saunders on vocals) that somehow wound up with Rod Stewart singing it. The track was shelved for a few years, then ended up on Flash.

So I'm uncertain of the time-frame when these shows (Beck, Copeland and Clarke) would have taken place. Clarke and Copeland played together in the short-lived Animal Logic group, yet that did not occur until around 1988-89.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

So you're just kind of dreaming this whole thing up, aren't you? Admit it.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                  So you're just kind of dreaming this whole thing up, aren't you? Admit it.
                  Ummm...no. There were articles in not only Guitar Player, yet the some what lesser respectable Circus magazine and (at the time) Guitar World, that spoke of the recordings taking place. In fact, there were black and white photos provided of the trio on stage.

So, no...I am not pulling this entirely out of my ass.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Cato
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Jeff Beck is the greatest. period.

( related social group > http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2 )

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• flappo
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

true dat

i watched that bbc jeff beck at ronnie scott's the other night

he fucking owned , amaaaaaaazing stuff

legend !

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Great performance.

Jeff beck= A legend who doesn't rest on past laurels. ( cough,cough :ED)
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi

Jeff beck= A legend who doesn't rest on past laurels. ( cough,cough :ED)
                          Indeed, and here's the guy talking about why he doesn't.

Jeff Beck Opens Up About Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Gigs With Clapton, Jeff Beck Group Reunion

Twenty-one years ago Jeff Beck was involuntary dragged onstage at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to play “Satisfaction” and “Like A Rolling Stone” alongside the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, George Harrison, the Beach Boys and countless other A-listers. “It was one of the worse cacophonies I’ve ever heard in my entire life,” Beck says on the phone from Western Australia, where he’s rehearing for a tour. “Just horrendous.”

On April, 4th Beck will have the stage all to himself when he’s inducted as a solo artist, 17 years after he was honored as part of the Yardbirds. “I couldn’t believe I was even nominated,” Beck says. “I thought the Yardbirds was as close as I’d get to getting in. I’ve gone on long after that and gone through different musical changes. It’s very nice to hear that people have been listening.” He plans to perform at the ceremony with his band, and is currently looking at booking American shows around the event.

The induction comes at a busy time for the 64-year-old guitar virtuoso. At the tail end of his Australia/Japan tour he has two shows booked in Saitama-shi, Japan, with the man he replaced in the Yardbirds: Eric Clapton. “It was unthinkable we’d ever play together other than the [1983] Arms charity concert,” Beck says. “He came to play on a couple of numbers I did at Ronnie Scott’s last year and it was really good fun. There was no sort of ‘I’m better than you’ thing going on.” What will the shows be like? “We’ll do two separate sets and we’ll link arms in the end,” says Beck. “Each night will end with a collaboration. How long, I won’t know. We’re working on suitable material, neutral material.” Might they break out some Yardbirds gems? “Eric doesn’t like the Yardbirds,” says Beck. “I don’t think he’ll go back that far.”

Beck is willing to consider more shows with Clapton, but fans of the original Jeff Beck Group shouldn’t hold their breath for a reunion. In 2004 Rod Stewart told Rolling Stone about rehearsal sessions he had with Beck and Ron Wood for a charity concert at the Royal Albert Hall:

“Woody was playing bass and I was singing and it sounded fucking brilliant,” Stewart said. “We did ‘Rock My Plimsoul’ and ‘I Ain’t Superstitious,’ and everybody was glued to it. But Jeff phoned me up two days before the show and said he didn’t want to do it. He canceled. I’ve given up trying to reunite the Jeff Beck Group.”

When told about Rod’s desire for a Jeff Beck Group reunion, Beck starts laughing. “That’s what Rod said?” he chuckles. “They’re still full of shit after all these years. I saw Rod recently at Kenny Jones’ birthday party. He made a mockery of people asking if we’d reform, though I guess I’m not sure if he was talking about us or the Faces. Reformation of bands is never my idea of a good idea. Leave well enough alone, especially 35 years after it happened. It usually indicates there isn’t anything else happening in someone else’s career, otherwise you wouldn’t entertain it — let’s face it. We weren’t together in the heyday of money. We were playing small clubs and dives and broke up just before Woodstock, so we never had any big money gigs. It would be fun if we did it in private to see if it would sound any good, but leave it well enough alone and remember it for being groundbreaking at the time.”

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Beck rules.

Originally posted by Cato
                            Jeff Beck is the greatest. period.

( related social group > http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2 )
                            And even at 64, is still getting better...
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              The site works fine though. Somewhere in my collection I have an unreleased Beck, Bogert & Appice album.
                              i have released my hot brown curlfishes this morning.

Comment

Working...