PDA

View Full Version : Did Jimi Hendrix play Shea?

Dave2007
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey guys,according to the Mets website they say there was a little known concert for peace to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima on August 6th 1970.I never heard about this concert,the show featured Janis Joplin,CCR,and many others including Mr.Hendrix.However,some fans say Jimi was not there.Anybody got the story?

cadaverdog
04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
ending August !st
Originally posted by Dave2007
Hey guys,according to the Mets website they say there was a little known concert for peace to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima on August 6th 1970.I never heard about this concert,the show featured Janis Joplin,CCR,and many others including Mr.Hendrix.However,some fans say Jimi was not there.Anybody got the story?

Wikipedia mention a tour ending Aug 1st and Jimi in
the studio for 4 weeks afer that .No mention of a concert
at Shea.

Dave2007
04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Thank You, looks like the show happened and Janis and CCR were there but no Jimi,I grew up in NYC and I figured I would have heard about this show,for example the Beatles at Shea, or Jimi at the Fillmore are legendary NYC shows etc, sounds like the Mets PR team trying to sell tix to the final season played at Shea, but they have one problem... the Mets lol Thanks again

cadaverdog
04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Check out www.jimihendrix.com click on history , it will
tell you every venue he played and even shows he was
billed as being scheduled to perform but didn't.

NATEDOG001976
04-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Is that where he got the Plaster-Caster?