PDA

View Full Version : There's been a Clinton or a Bush on the ballot my whole voting life.

Nitro Express
04-11-2008, 03:34 AM
I became legal age in 1984. During my whole voting life there has either been a Bush or a Clinton on the ballot starting with George W. Bush running on the Republican ticket with Ronald Reagan.

To me it's unbelievable we let the spouse of a former president be a serious candidate not to mention their kid campaigns for them.

It's the first time in US history that the son of a former president became president.

In the past there was an unwritten rule that former presidents politely dissapear from the political radar and their family stay out of the presidency. This country was founded by people sick of the family monarchies of Europe and now our presidential politics is becoming a family business.

Watch Chelsea Clinton run for the presidency when she is old enough. This shit will never stop unless the American voter wakes up and gets some new blood in there.

kwame k
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I became legal age in 1984. During my whole voting life there has either been a Bush or a Clinton on the ballot starting with George W. Bush running on the Republican ticket with Ronald Reagan.

To me it's unbelievable we let the spouse of a former president be a serious candidate not to mention their kid campaigns for them.

It's the first time in US history that the son of a former president became president.

In the past there was an unwritten rule that former presidents politely dissapear from the political radar and their family stay out of the presidency. This country was founded by people sick of the family monarchies of Europe and now our presidential politics is becoming a family business.

Watch Chelsea Clinton run for the presidency when she is old enough. This shit will never stop unless the American voter wakes up and gets some new blood in there.

I was 18 in 1987 and can relate to what your saying.

John Adams and his son John Quincy Adams were the first father and son Presidents.

There was a book called The Bush Dynasty (I think) and it went through the Bush's, Walker's, and Herbert's lives. It’s amazing how much those families are entrenched in Government.

Look at Bush's Administration and Rumsfeld and Cheney. They have been in the upper echelon of politics since the 70's.