PDA

View Full Version : "Here is your kiss goodbye, you dog!"

Nickdfresh
12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovoTgUCf7_E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovoTgUCf7_E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shoe-attack reaction reflects tricky U.S. endgame in Iraq

Comedians are having a field day with the shoe assault on President Bush by an angry Arab journalist at a Baghdad news conference on Sunday. Humorist Andy Borowitz, for example, suggests that the New York Yankees want to sign the attacker as a pitcher. Bush laughed off the flying footwear: "It was a size 10." The unscathed president also joked about seeing the man's "sole."

(In sympathy: Iraqis demand the release of the shoe tosser / Ahmad Al-Rubaye, AFP/Getty Images)

All kidding aside, though, the incident has a serious aspect, beyond the obvious question of whether the Secret Service could and should have reacted more quickly between the hurling of shoe No. 1 and shoe No. 2.

Reaction to TV journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi's contemptuous act is a reminder that as important as it is to leave Iraq secure, many Iraqis will never see the United States as their liberator. Sectarian and tribal divisions assure there will be no "victory," in the triumphal sense.

Thousands of Iraqis took to the streets Monday in the Shiite slum of Sadr City calling for the "hero" al-Zeidi to be released. Arabic television stations have been repeatedly showing the footage and running gleeful commentaries.

None of this is surprising. The followers of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr are steadily losing power and have tried to destabilize the government many times. And it's nothing new for anti-American factions to stir resentment.

Further, Iraq's leaders and other reporters at the news conference were justifiably appalled and embarrassed that someone calling himself a journalist would engage in such a crude assault on a visiting U.S. president.

But the disruption of Bush's celebratory tour and the lionization of the disruptor underscore that U.S. endgame in Iraq remains tricky. Iraq is far calmer than seemed possible two years ago as sectarian violence threatened to engulf the country. Whether it will remain stable as U.S. troops withdraw, though, is still in doubt.

Under the new U.S.-Iraqi agreement, all are supposed to be out by the end of 2011. But an interim deadline to have troops leave Iraqi cities by the middle of next year looks problematic, and the U.S. commander in Iraq has said that some troops would remain embedded with Iraqi units for training purposes after the deadline.

That's smart. Abandoning a successful strategy before Iraqis are ready to take over would be foolish. But it is exactly what al-Zeidi's supporters resent.

The irony is that he'll benefit from the change of regime. When Saddam Hussein was in power, insulting him or a visiting foreign leader brought an automatic death sentence. Al-Zeidi was beaten after the incident. If that's not the democratic ideal, it is still emblematic of progress in Iraq: real but inevitably unsatisfying.

Posted at 12:22 AM/ET, December 16, 2008 in Foreign Affairs - Middle East - Editorial, USA TODAY editorial (http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/12/shoe-attack-rea.html)

hideyoursheep
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
He wasn't greeted as a "liberator"?

:rolleyes:

I wonder if he took the time to visit any military hospitals -
maybe pay tribute to the wounded vets that Obama caught shit for not visiting?

bueno bob
12-16-2008, 11:45 PM
FUCKING HERO.

I truly believe that EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN, and fuck, every WORLD CITIZEN who stands opposed to Bush should follow this man's lead and throw their shoes at Bush ON SITE for the rest of his natural life.

Granted, you'll be arrested and detained without good cause by the secret service for a while, but the point WILL get across if enough people do it...and shit, it's a week's vacation from work, right?

:D

FORD
12-17-2008, 02:56 AM
If it wasn't so fucking hard for me to find shoes, I'd do it.

binnie
12-17-2008, 03:28 AM
It's kind of a self-defeating protest though isn't it?

Were it not for the war, sorry invasion, of Iraq, this guy wouldn't have had the opportunity to make a stand without (even more) serious reprecussions.

Now, I dislike Bush and Blair as much as the next guy, and personally feel sickened that an illegal war was carried out in my name - but protesting like this doesn't really do the case all that much good.

It is, however, seriously funny :D

Steve Savicki
12-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Notice the expression on the Prime Minister's face:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081214/capt.b95e057088ec40f292d9fce0cb6e5722.aptopix_bush _wx108.jpg?x=400&y=306&q=85&sig=dNbLisgkH3xyo3su_.zZ4A--

Diamondjimi
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
FUCKING HERO.

I truly believe that EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN, and fuck, every WORLD CITIZEN who stands opposed to Bush should follow this man's lead and throw their shoes at Bush ON SITE for the rest of his natural life.

Granted, you'll be arrested and detained without good cause by the secret service for a while, but the point WILL get across if enough people do it...and shit, it's a week's vacation from work, right?

:D

5 star post!

thome
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I do not know why we have tried thoughout time... and time again, to help these useless piece of sh!t people.

Fakk them, they as a group, as a whole, are the most cry baby cokk sukkers people in the whole history of the world.

I wish Bush would have pulled a Axl and dove into the crowd to beat that MR'es ass.lol

Why? as a group, the Mid-East / Persian Gulf people , have always been sheep just amazes me.

The are like little spoiled children and you spank and spank and the toddler just never grows up.
\
For 5000 years .

I suggest we face shoot the whole region.

We should bail, build a fence around the Gulf States and let these Ignorant Dogs eat their own asses out for eternity .

I have never really seen such a large group psychcosis.... unbelievable?

This guy is not alone they are all like this.

I clicked thru last night and saw that twit Blitzer,(pontificating) talking how the shoe is a great weapon in Islam and how Bush should really be insulted and pay attention to how horrible this is meant to be as a insult.

No ,WOLF it is a PUSSYY MF throwing a SHOE!

Dear Wolf and the Mid East, eat a undercooked bowl of "Fat RAT Fukk" and die.

jhale667
12-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Notice the expression on the Prime Minister's face:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081214/capt.b95e057088ec40f292d9fce0cb6e5722.aptopix_bush _wx108.jpg?x=400&y=306&q=85&sig=dNbLisgkH3xyo3su_.zZ4A--

Yeah, it almost says "Here we go again..." and Bush ducks so quickly, it's as if he's had practice avoiding flying shoes. :rofl:
Betcha the wife wings them at him all the time...:D

Nickdfresh
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I do not know why we have tried thoughout time... and time again, to help these useless piece of sh!t people.

Fakk them, they as a group, as a whole, are the most cry baby cokk sukkers people in the whole history of the world.

I wish Bush would have pulled a Axl and dove into the crowd to beat that MR'es ass.lol

Why? as a group, the Mid-East / Persian Gulf people , have always been sheep just amazes me.

The are like little spoiled children and you spank and spank and the toddler just never grows up.
\
For 5000 years .

I suggest we face shoot the whole region.

We should bail, build a fence around the Gulf States and let these Ignorant Dogs eat their own asses out for eternity .

I have never really seen such a large group psychcosis.... unbelievable?

This guy is not alone they are all like this.

I clicked thru last night and saw that twit Blitzer,(pontificating) talking how the shoe is a great weapon in Islam and how Bush should really be insulted and pay attention to how horrible this is meant to be as a insult.

Yeah! Those ungrateful biotches. Only 600,000 died on our watch. Did they want an omelet without the broken eggs of orphans and widows?

Next thing you know, Iraqi Christians will dare to bitch about being terrorized and ethnically cleansed from Iraq, under the watchful eyes of the US military...

bueno bob
12-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Just to make it right... :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pG9SCqXxNQo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pG9SCqXxNQo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bueno bob
12-17-2008, 11:26 PM
A little Benny Hill on top of it makes the sucker just right...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Rb9LiBEdMs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Rb9LiBEdMs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

WACF
12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
It's kind of a self-defeating protest though isn't it?

Were it not for the war, sorry invasion, of Iraq, this guy wouldn't have had the opportunity to make a stand without (even more) serious reprecussions.

Now, I dislike Bush and Blair as much as the next guy, and personally feel sickened that an illegal war was carried out in my name - but protesting like this doesn't really do the case all that much good.

It is, however, seriously funny :D

Within all the shit...yeah....under Sadam he would of been shot on site.

Things are fucked up....but this guy has the freedom to do what he did...so within the shit there is one decent thing.

Sgt Schultz
12-18-2008, 10:57 AM
CODE PINK AMBUSHES IRAQI AMBASSADOR- AMBASSADOR FIRES BACK
"He's lucky he didn't try something like this under Saddam Hussein."

Ambassador Samir Sumaida’ie:
"Mr. Muntader al-Zaidi is very lucky that it was Mr. Bush and Mr. Maliki and not Saddam Hussein. Because, had it been Mr. Saddam Hussein you would be carrying a different plaque by now. Number 2, in our country, I know that people have told you that showing shoes at someone is an insult. But, it is a bigger insult to the host; in our culture anyone who insults a guest is insulting the host. So in our culture we believe that what Mr al-Zeidi did was reprehensible. "
The anti-American Marxist front group Code Pink ambushed Iraq Ambassador to the United States, Samir Sumaida’ie, during a presentation in Washington on Tuesday.
They demanded that shoe-chucker and Sadrist Muntader al-Zaidi be released after his assault on President Bush.
The Code Pink blog described the showdown:

In D.C. this morning, the Iraq Ambassador to the United States, Samir Sumaida’ie, paused during a presentation to address a handful of women from CODEPINK who were holding signs in the audience reading “Free al-Zaidi” and “al-Zaidi speaks for me.” The signs were to show their support for the Iraqi journalist who was taken into police custody after throwing his shoes at President Bush during a Baghdad press conference on Sunday.

The Ambassador directly acknowledged the women’s presence in the audience. He called al-Zaidi’s act disgraceful and said the journalist was lucky that he didn’t try something like this under Saddam Hussein.
Article Link http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

Where were the Code Pinkers when journalists in Iraq were being killed and tortured for writing something their government didn't like?

How empty and meaningless the lives of Code Pinkers (and their fans here in the Front Line) will be after January. One last Bush-inspired jack-off before he's gone. :splooge:

thome
12-18-2008, 11:03 AM
I would also defend Clittin if he was shoving a illegal cuban cigar, up a dipsh!t desperate for attention confused little whores twat, and some jaggoff threw a shoe at him in the oval office; while on the clock.. for the american people.

But, nothing bothers you candy assed pussies.

:cry2:

Hey, The View is on.. wouldn't want you to miss your show..

Nickdfresh
12-18-2008, 10:03 PM
CODE PINK AMBUSHES IRAQI AMBASSADOR- AMBASSADOR FIRES BACK
"He's lucky he didn't try something like this under Saddam Hussein."

Ambassador Samir Sumaida’ie:
"Mr. Muntader al-Zaidi is very lucky that it was Mr. Bush and Mr. Maliki and not Saddam Hussein. Because, had it been Mr. Saddam Hussein you would be carrying a different plaque by now. Number 2, in our country, I know that people have told you that showing shoes at someone is an insult. But, it is a bigger insult to the host; in our culture anyone who insults a guest is insulting the host. So in our culture we believe that what Mr al-Zeidi did was reprehensible. "
The anti-American Marxist front group Code Pink ambushed Iraq Ambassador to the United States, Samir Sumaida’ie, during a presentation in Washington on Tuesday.
They demanded that shoe-chucker and Sadrist Muntader al-Zaidi be released after his assault on President Bush.
The Code Pink blog described the showdown:

In D.C. this morning, the Iraq Ambassador to the United States, Samir Sumaida’ie, paused during a presentation to address a handful of women from CODEPINK who were holding signs in the audience reading “Free al-Zaidi” and “al-Zaidi speaks for me.” The signs were to show their support for the Iraqi journalist who was taken into police custody after throwing his shoes at President Bush during a Baghdad press conference on Sunday.

The Ambassador directly acknowledged the women’s presence in the audience. He called al-Zaidi’s act disgraceful and said the journalist was lucky that he didn’t try something like this under Saddam Hussein.
Article Link http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

Where were the Code Pinkers when journalists in Iraq were being killed and tortured for writing something their government didn't like?

How empty and meaningless the lives of Code Pinkers (and their fans here in the Front Line) will be after January. One last Bush-inspired jack-off before he's gone. :splooge:

Less people died in Iraq under Saddam than under the blundering clusterfuck of the Neo Con inspired, Bush corp planned invasion - the the Shiite death squads aligning themselves with the "democratic" gov't...

And many of the people that had been butchered by his regime were killed as Americans sat by and watched ---during the first Gulf War. That way we could dig up their mass graves and cry freedom...

Nickdfresh
12-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I would also defend Clittin if he was shoving a illegal cuban cigar, up a dipsh!t desperate for attention confused little whores twat, and some jaggoff threw a shoe at him in the oval office; while on the clock.. for the american people.

But, nothing bothers you candy assed pussies.

:cry2:

Hey, The View is on.. wouldn't want you to miss your show..

Yeah, because we should give a fuck about everyone's sex life, unless of course its the hypocritical Republicans in congress cheating on their wives, or blowing other homos in bathroom stalls...

thome
12-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes,it is about the sex..uh huh,that's it ... you got it nice A+ on that yeap tat's it you got it ..

Blowing Homos that was the whole point.

Democratic Homos parading themselves as Republicans to make a buck.

You gatsta know right wing republicans are in the airport stalls looking to tell you another lie that you probably learned on the TV.

Yeap Republicans are what you are told that they are..uh huh

Hey is a nomenclature adressed as such by your television set .

Perhaps you could see it all more clearly on high deff.

Rock on Nicky D

thome
12-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Do you think I could get this made into a bumper sticker?

Dr. Love
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
http://a-shoe.ytmnd.com/

lol

bueno bob
12-19-2008, 02:08 AM

lol

Ha! Beautiful...

I think we should, at the very least, all send a shoe to George for Christmas. I went down to Goodwill today, picked one up, and mailed it off.

Will it actually reach him? Doubtful...but...worth the doing, anyway.

LoungeMachine
12-19-2008, 02:38 AM
I heard the guy was a Shoonie

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
12-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes,it is about the sex..uh huh,that's it ... you got it nice A+ on that yeap tat's it you got it ..

Blowing Homos that was the whole point.

A little slice of signature heaven... :D

thome
12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
I heard the guy was a Shoonie

OH!! stop him before he Kills again LOL

I don't care who you are that's funny rite thr.

Sgt Schultz
12-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Less people died in Iraq under Saddam than under the blundering clusterfuck of the Neo Con inspired, Bush corp planned invasion - the the Shiite death squads aligning themselves with the "democratic" gov't...

And many of the people that had been butchered by his regime were killed as Americans sat by and watched ---during the first Gulf War. That way we could dig up their mass graves and cry freedom...

You are probably referring to the discredited Lancet report of 655,000 Iraqi dead.

The Iraqi Leftist “Zeyad”, writing in his blog “Healing Iraq” said;
“in Iraq’s case, where the level of violence is not consistent throughout the country, I feel that the study should have been done differently. 654,965 excess civilian deaths is an absurd number. My personal guesstimate would be half that number, but the total count is not the point now.”Friday, October 13, 2006
The Human Cost of the War in Iraq
http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/archives/2006_10_01_healingiraq_archive.html#11607159049447 3034

Dr. Ali Al-Dabagh spokesperson for the Iraqi Government refuted the health (accuracy) of the survey published lately showing that 650 thousand Iraqi killed since the fall of the former regime, and described it as inaccurate. Al-Dabagh said in a press conference he held today,
"We are sorry that John Hopkins published such a survey. This survey is inaccurate, outlandish, exaggerated and unbelievable."

According to the Iraqi government 16,273 people died from violence in Iraq in 2006.
(As a point of comparison there were 17,034 murders in the United States in 2006)

As far as Iraqi deaths under Saddam;
"Along with other human rights organizations, The Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian executions in Iraq. Human Rights Watch reports that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran. Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power"
++++++++++

The Leftists want to have it both ways when it comes to the Gulf War and the Iraq War. On the one hand they say we should have gone into Baghdad in 1991 and taken Saddam out (which would be in violation of their precious UN’s Mandate) but in 2003 we should not go against the UN and take Saddam out but continue the undeclared war over the north and south of Iraq and continue to ignore the years of flagrant UN resolutions by Iraq. Can’t have it both ways.

++++++++++

But the number of deaths under Saddam and post-Saddam wasn’t even the point of my post in the first place. The post was about Press freedom.

kwame k
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
No, I don't want it both ways.....Poppy was right and listened to the advice of his advisor's, one of them being Rumsfeld, that occupying Iraq would be disastrous and bog us down in a quamire.......
The only fault in the first Gulf War was we didn't stay true to our word and help the people over throw Sadam.....we allowed him to keep his main army in tack and keep his gun ships.....destroying any chance of a coup d'é-tat.

Fast-forward to the current cluster fuck......We Won The Fucking War, People!!!!! We lost the occupation......How Rumsfeld went from advising not to occupy, to occupying Iraq is a flip flop of McCain proportion. The cold war mentality that has plagued the current Administration was the last hurray of the Good 'ol Boys........

Let's see.....we were told the Iraqi's would greet us as liberators........nope.
The Iraqi's would offset the cost of the war with oil money......nope.
Democracy would flourish in the Middle East......nope.
We would install a friendly Pro-American government.....nope.
We wouldn't need to be over there for a long time and the Iraqi's would be able to defend and protect themselves......nope.
This would end terrorism and bring the US security abroad.......nope.

I was against Dubya's war and still am.....the exact opposite of what we were told happened......
Why the fuck we invaded Iraq and not the Countries that actually were responsible for 9/11 is beyond me and how, We The People, bought this pact of lies still baffles me.....Your next door neighbor kills your family and you go and track down and kill someone in the next city that had nothing to do with it.......is a pretty good analogy.

I still believe it was an ill-conceived war and illegal....Was Saddam a bad guy........of course he was but if that was the only requirement....what about the genocide that was happening in other parts of the world? Bush's Doctrine on preemptive wars was, is, and shall ever be fucking stupid......War on Terra......complete and utter bullshit! Oh, I know.....we haven't been attacked since.......the terrorist did exactly what the needed to and they did win in that respect......sent our country on a down hill slide and drained money and resources from our economy. They crippled this Administration and we still haven't fully recovered from it........so Mission Accomplished........

LoungeMachine
12-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Let's not forget Darth Cheney also said at the time an occupation would be a clusterfuck disaster...

And we gave Saddam permission to go into Kuwait, because it was a border dispute, and Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraq and stealing oil.

We've been a meddling, two-faced, hypocritical pseudo-empire force in the region since the 80's.

We've broken every promise, armed every side, and lied every time....

Can't for the life of me understand why they hate us so.

And the fact we put good, brave men and women in harm's way AGAIN for nothing pisses me off.

kwame k
12-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Since we're going in this direction........lest we forget the fact, we ruined a golden opportunity to have Iran as a partner in the rebuilding process and helped install the hard line fundamentalists, when the moderates were helping us in Northern Iraq and to a lesser extent, Afganistan..........our betrayal and embarrassing diplomatic actions against Iran, lead to the relations we now have with them.........

Oh, all the bullshit about the war was over oil and we went there to get oil for the US........well, that worked out pretty good, too.......if you were in fact an Oil Company.

Frontline PBS has several great programs on Bush, Chenney and Rumsfeld. The Iraq war and this one on Iran.........http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/showdown/view/

They talk to all the key players and really do a fair and unbiased job of reporting the facts.

hideyoursheep
12-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Let's not forget Darth Cheney also said at the time an occupation would be a clusterfuck disaster...

And we gave Saddam permission to go into Kuwait, because it was a border dispute, and Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraq and stealing oil.

We've been a meddling, two-faced, hypocritical pseudo-empire force in the region since the 80's.

We've broken every promise, armed every side, and lied every time....

Can't for the life of me understand why they hate us so.

And the fact we put good, brave men and women in harm's way AGAIN for nothing pisses me off.

......It must be the shoes.

Nickdfresh
12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
You are probably referring to the discredited Lancet report of 655,000 Iraqi dead.

“in Iraq’s case, where the level of violence is not consistent throughout the country, I feel that the study should have been done differently. 654,965 excess civilian deaths is an absurd number. My personal guesstimate would be half that number, but the total count is not the point now.”Friday, October 13, 2006
http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/archives/2006_10_01_healingiraq_archive.html#11607159049447 3034

Dr. Ali Al-Dabagh spokesperson for the Iraqi Government refuted the health (accuracy) of the survey published lately showing that 650 thousand Iraqi killed since the fall of the former regime, and described it as inaccurate. Al-Dabagh said in a press conference he held today,
"We are sorry that John Hopkins published such a survey. This survey is inaccurate, outlandish, exaggerated and unbelievable."

According to the Iraqi government 16,273 people died from violence in Iraq in 2006.
(As a point of comparison there were 17,034 murders in the United States in 2006)

LMFAO!! Who "discredited" the Lancet Study (by one of the most respected medical organizations in the world)?

The Iraqi Ministry of Health???!??!??!?

That's sort of like the Waffen SS criticizing the body count of the Holocaust victims!!

Dude, if you actually read anything besides jack-off partisan blogs and right wing news sites dedicated to censoring any "bad news" in Iraq, you'd realize that the Iraqi Ministry of Health is notorious for have been being run by a militia death squad actively participation in a low-level civil war, sectarian ethnic cleansing, and out right massacres of their Sunni enemies...

http://www.roadstoiraq.com/2006/11/20/iraqi-ministry-of-health-stealing-sunni&#37;E2%80%99s-dead-bodies/

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21193703-2,00.html

It's certainly less true now as they have been finally cleaned up some, but it was common knowledge in Iraq that if you were a Sunni or a foreigner going to the MOH to get any information on a disappeared relative, you would never be seen again...

As far as Iraqi deaths under Saddam;
"Along with other human rights organizations, The Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian executions in Iraq. Human Rights Watch reports that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran. Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power"
++++++++++

The Leftists want to have it both ways when it comes to the Gulf War and the Iraq War. On the one hand they say we should have gone into Baghdad in 1991 and taken Saddam out (which would be in violation of their precious UN’s Mandate) but in 2003 we should not go against the UN and take Saddam out but continue the undeclared war over the north and south of Iraq and continue to ignore the years of flagrant UN resolutions by Iraq. Can’t have it both ways.

++++++++++

But the number of deaths under Saddam and post-Saddam wasn’t even the point of my post in the first place. The post was about Press freedom.

Oh, 500,000 died in "Saddam's needless war with Iran?" Why don't we just thrown in the 400,000 dead American soldiers that died in America's "needless war with (Germany)?

So now you're just throwing in death tolls from major wars? Good one! Saddam's security forces are little more guilty than his Iranian enemies then...

kwame k
12-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Since we're going in this direction........lest we forget the fact, we ruined a golden opportunity to have Iran as a partner in the rebuilding process and helped install the hard line fundamentalists, when the moderates were helping us in Northern Iraq and to a lesser extent, Afganistan..........our betrayal and embarrassing diplomatic actions against Iran, lead to the relations we now have with them.........

Oh, all the bullshit about the war was over oil and we went there to get oil for the US........well, that worked out pretty good, too.......if you were in fact an Oil Company.

Frontline PBS has several great programs on Bush, Chenney and Rumsfeld. The Iraq war and this one on Iran.........http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/showdown/view/

They talk to all the key players and really do a fair and unbiased job of reporting the facts.

Needed to correct this post.........I meant Northern Afganistan and Iraq.

jhale667
12-20-2008, 04:12 PM

lol

OK, that is funny...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Politics/BushNeo.gif

DEMON CUNT
12-21-2008, 02:31 AM

++++++++++

See "Sgt" Schlutz proudly pull, from his undoubtedly sore ass, some obscure blogger's "personal guesstimate." Never mind the fact that this "guesstimate" offers a count of 327,482.5 dead human beings because "the total count is not the point now." WTF? A reasonable person would find this number to be nothing less than shocking, but to sociopathic neocons it means nothing. The right-wing's vague notions of "victory in Iraq" are all that matter to their simplistic and easily manipulated base.

Dear "Sgt" Schlutz, please keep in mind that any meaningful statistical information that you wish to bring "as a point of comparison" should also include data on the actual population of the countries in question. According to the CIA the population of Iraq was estimated at 28,221,180 this past July. While the population of the U.S was estimated to be 303,824,640 around that same time. (Reference: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/)

This is another fine example of conservative "research" manipulated to parallel one's own selfish and distorted worldview.

How on earth can you believe that your post attacking Code Pink is some comment about "press freedom"?

Clearly you have been smoking crack through Rush Limbaugh's very tiny cock.