PDA

View Full Version : AP: 4 Recruiter Suicides Lead To Army Probe

DEMON CUNT
12-22-2008, 06:36 PM
AP: 4 Recruiter Suicides Lead To Army Probe

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5hnHOCfXxk9QGyEJCvc9lzTzS1_Yg?size=s

Amanda Henderson holds a photo of her late husband Sgt. 1st Class Patrick Henderson in her home in Henderson, Texas, Nov. 20, 2008. Patrick Henderson, afflicted by flashbacks and sleeplessness after a tour in Iraq, hanged himself in a shed behind his house as his wife and her son slept. (AP Photo/Herb Nygren Jr)

By MICHELLE ROBERTS

HENDERSON, Texas (AP) — Sgt. 1st Class Patrick Henderson, a strapping Iraq combat veteran, spent the last, miserable months of his life as an Army recruiter, cold-calling dozens of people a day from his strip-mall office and sitting in strangers' living rooms, trying to sign up their sons and daughters for an unpopular war.

He put in 13-hour days, six days a week, often encountering abuse from young people or their parents. When he and other recruiters would gripe about the pressure to meet their quotas, their superiors would snarl that they ought to be grateful they were not in Iraq, according to his widow.

Less than a year into the job, Henderson — afflicted by flashbacks and sleeplessness after his tour of battle in Iraq — went into his backyard shed, slid the chain lock in place, and hanged himself with a dog chain.

More.. (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jXhro764ui04dI4I9iaT5q-uPsswD957VIE80)

This ugly and illegal occupation is going to linger over us and destroy families for years to come.

If you voted for Bush, you voted for this.

hideyoursheep
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
This story is too slanted. Something smells fishy.

How does any reporter know what was going through his head when he did this?

DEMON CUNT
12-22-2008, 08:40 PM
This story is too slanted. Something smells fishy.

How does any reporter know what was going through his head when he did this?

Too slanted? Can you be more specific? That fishy odor you smell is probably emanating from your crotch.

How did the reporter come to the conclusions in the article? The way most reporters do. In this case; based on the interviews conducted with Henderson's mother, Charlotte and wife, Amanda. Two people who most likely knew him quite well.

Go ahead and read the whole article.

Nickdfresh
12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Being a recruiter sucks. I think I'd hang myself if I fucking had to cold call kids during the disastrous clusterfuck that was the Iraq War...

In any case, I certainly too would prefer the infantry to 13 hour work days with constant pressure from above...

hideyoursheep
12-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Go ahead and read the whole article.

Here it is:

He suffered a breakdown in the weeks before his suicide, his wife said. Because he was hundreds of miles from the nearest Army post, [I]he went to a local counselor recommended by the military after an initial visit with an Army doctor. But the counselor had never worked with a combat veteran and couldn't decipher the military jargon in his medical records, Amanda Henderson said.

That fishy odor you smell is probably emanating from your crotch.
You went through the trouble of posting the picture, why not the ENTIRE article?

Just stick to playing with your buddy, Mr. Penis.
You both seem to have an obsession with genitalia

DEMON CUNT
12-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Here it is:

You went through the trouble of posting the picture, why not the ENTIRE article?

Just stick to playing with your buddy, Mr. Penis.
You both seem to have an obsession with genitalia

You went through the trouble of adding to the thread without reading the whole article?

I thought that the picture said a lot. These are real human beings that have suffered due to the decisions made by our President. Seeing their faces gives the story more impact. This could be you! It could be me.

Whenever I share an article here, I rarely copy/paste the whole thing. Just trying to save the ARMY some bandwidth, yo. I give people the option of reading the rest through a link if they are so inclined. It is simple message board etiquette as far as I am concerned.

You mentioned the fish smell, bro. You lobbed me a softball on that one.

Mr. Penis? Ha! I can own more than one of my ROTH ARMY peers at a time. Don't you worry about me none.

hideyoursheep
12-23-2008, 01:26 AM
You went through the trouble of adding to the thread without reading the whole article?

Guilty. Then I read it. Then it made sense.

Just trying to save the ARMY some bandwidth, yo. I give people the option of reading the rest through a link if they are so inclined. It is simple message board etiquette ....

LOL...you're saving bandwidth...now you're lobbing ME softballs...

I'm surprised the amount of soldiers returning from over there-how quickly
the Army is to feed them anti-depressants and tell them to drive on. Any number of them could be easily misdiagnosed and fed the wrong type of shit
just to keep them functional...you don't know what was in their heads PRIOR
to being in combat....the real issues may never be addressed. Talking to other vets helps immensely.....they need more of that.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Less than a year into the job, Henderson — afflicted by flashbacks and sleeplessness after his tour of battle in Iraq — went into his backyard shed, slid the chain lock in place, and hanged himself with a dog chain.[/SIZE]

That's sad!!

DEMON CUNT
12-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm surprised the amount of soldiers returning from over there-how quickly
the Army is to feed them anti-depressants and tell them to drive on. Any number of them could be easily misdiagnosed and fed the wrong type of shit
just to keep them functional...you don't know what was in their heads PRIOR
to being in combat....the real issues may never be addressed. Talking to other vets helps immensely.....they need more of that.

I agree completely. This is why we should never, ever send our soldiers into combat without great consideration of the costs and consequences. The occupation of Iraq is a total waste. After years of combat, what do we have to show?

Nickdfresh
12-25-2008, 04:56 AM
I agree completely. This is why we should never, ever send our soldiers into combat without great consideration of the costs and consequences. The occupation of Iraq is a total waste. After years of combat, what do we have to show?

Enriched, politically connected oil executives?

bueno bob
12-27-2008, 10:45 AM
after years of combat, what do we have to show?

shoes.

:)

hideyoursheep
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
After years of combat, what do we have to show?

That an oligarchy should never attempt to spread democracy?

Anything else will have to be left up to the Iraqis.

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
More...

NPR: Army Recruiter Suicides Prompt Investigations (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98913061)

hideyoursheep
01-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Definitely something wrong in Houston.