PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher's,"Religulous"

hideyoursheep
12-28-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm not a fan of Maher's but this movie is pretty interesting. Has a lot of good points, but Maher doesn't know when to STFU and listen, like with the "Jews For Jesus" guy. He's too busy trying to throw his jokes in with the interviews. You can watch it here para gratis if you like...

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=1T33HYA9

sadaist
12-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Why would I want to watch a movie trying to convince me that my religion is wrong? I'd no sooner watch a movie telling me that my liking of Van Halen is wrong.

VanHalener
12-28-2008, 08:34 AM
I rank Bill up there with Al Sharpton on my "I Wish Predator Would Catch That Fucker" list.

Maher....Ha, what a douchebag!!!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s221/klan0607/skinned.jpg

DEMON CUNT
12-28-2008, 12:35 PM
I find Maher to be quite amusing and thought provoking.

I do wonder why believers in such an all powerful "God" find him to be so threatening. They feel the need to avoid Maher and his work or issue silly threats and call him names. See previous entries on the thread for details.

VanHalener
12-28-2008, 12:53 PM
You may like him, but I find the cat to be a worm. Taking no side, for or against diety, I think he's a useless pustsule.

DEMON CUNT
12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Taking no side, for or against diety, I think he's a useless pustsule.

Which side do you take?

VanHalener
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Overall....

I believe there is much more than just life on earth as we know it.

We'll see, I guess. ;)

I don't dislike Bill for his views and opinions, I just don't like the dude. Just rubs me wrong.

hideyoursheep
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Why would I want to watch a movie trying to convince me that my religion is wrong? I think that's an odd assumption...he's not out there trying to rob people of their souls or their faith, he's only asking practical questions about several religious doctrines and what the real intentions were/are. If your faith in whatever you believe is strong, you shouldn't be afraid or offended....what would Jesus do?
:smoke:

I don't dislike Bill for his views and opinions, I just don't like the dude. Just rubs me wrong.

:bottle:

sadaist
12-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I think that's an odd assumption...he's not out there trying to rob people of their souls or their faith, he's only asking practical questions about several religious doctrines and what the real intentions were/are. If your faith in whatever you believe is strong, you shouldn't be afraid or offended....what would Jesus do?
:smoke:

I'm not afraid or offended at all, nor did I say I was. I'm not offended that many people can't stand Van Halen either. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and that's totally cool. I'm just not into watching a movie by a guy who keeps trying to debunk mine. I don't get how so many people can believe in something, whether it's in a God/higher power or that there is no God, and feel the need to try to convince everyone else of the same.

Faith is subjective. There's no way to prove what's right or wrong. You can debate and ask all the questions you want, but it doesn't change the fact that there's no way to prove anything either way. Much like music. It's a personal choice/belief/opinion on what's best for you, and I think people should leave it at that.

Nickdfresh
12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm not afraid or offended at all, nor did I say I was. I'm not offended that many people can't stand Van Halen either. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and that's totally cool. I'm just not into watching a movie by a guy who keeps trying to debunk mine. I don't get how so many people can believe in something, whether it's in a God/higher power or that there is no God, and feel the need to try to convince everyone else of the same.

Faith is subjective. There's no way to prove what's right or wrong. You can debate and ask all the questions you want, but it doesn't change the fact that there's no way to prove anything either way. Much like music. It's a personal choice/belief/opinion on what's best for you, and I think people should leave it at that.

How do you even know what the actual points of his movie are? You haven't even seen it.

Maybe he's not taking issue with the existence or nonexistence of a God. Maybe he's just mocking the shit out of organized religion, whose actions are often so hypocritical and contrary to the teachings of the figures they claims to represent that they are downright blasphemous.....

sadaist
12-28-2008, 07:08 PM
How do you even know what the actual points of his movie are? You haven't even seen it.

I've seen clips of it and watched two interviews with him where he discussed it. He was also recently on Huckabee.

kwame k
12-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Just got done watching it........wasn't too bad and there were some funny parts. Overall, pretty good flick......I agree, he was trying to be too cute in some parts. Maher's not the type of host or comic I can watch everyday or seek out. Just once in awhile.....

Thanks for posting the link, Sheep.

FORD
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I've seen clips of it and watched two interviews with him where he discussed it. He was also recently on Huckabee.

So Bill Maher making a documentary about the exploitation of religion is bad, but Mike Huckabee turning his religious fanaticism into a "career" at FAUX Noise is OK??

sadaist
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
So Bill Maher making a documentary about the exploitation of religion is bad, but Mike Huckabee turning his religious fanaticism into a "career" at FAUX Noise is OK??

It has nothing to do with bad or good, right or wrong. Like I've said a couple times now, watch whatever you want. If you enjoy it, that's terrific. I'm just choosing to not watch it.

DEMON CUNT
12-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Religious people tend to avoid information that challenges their beliefs.

Invisible made up shit does not stand up up to much scrutiny.

LoungeMachine
12-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Why would I want to watch a movie trying to convince me that my religion is wrong? I'd no sooner watch a movie telling me that my liking of Van Halen is wrong.

Frightening analogy, to say the least......

:gulp:

hideyoursheep
12-29-2008, 01:58 AM

As is evident in the Truck Stop Baptist Church scene.

(SPOILER!)

Thanks for posting the link, Sheep.
:baaa:

Celebrity Boxing:
Bill Maher vs Dennis Miller

I'd love it!

:wow2:

jhale667
12-29-2008, 02:59 PM

Maybe he's not taking issue with the existence or nonexistence of a God. Maybe he's just mocking the shit out of organized religion, whose actions are often so hypocritical and contrary to the teachings of the figures they claims to represent that they are downright blasphemous.....

Bingo. I can't wait to check it out.

I can already tell this is the kind of movie my former Catholic Church will (if they haven't already) FORBID anyone to see...

I remember when The Exorcist came out - I was a little kid, but I remember them telling us we WOULD "burn in hell" if we so much as watched the movie, or read the book... (yeah, they're not about thought-control, though!) :cato:

Ally_Kat
12-29-2008, 06:48 PM

Invisible made up shit does not stand up up to much scrutiny.

I know that having an attitude is part of your internet shtick, but I'm going to use your comment as an example: it's degrading, insulting views/comments like that no matter if it's a nonbeliever against a believer or a believer against a nonbeliever.

The reason why so many people with a religious faith don't engage in conversation that contradicts their faith is that they're insulted for having the faith. It doesn't become a conversation about interesting details, what the differing views are, and food for thought from both sides. It usually turns into an attack on the believer of their faith. Usually invisible sky god or pretend make-believe daddy are thrown around. Well, who would want to walk into that situation regardless of what the topic was? And trust me, lots of us who prescribe to a faith have walked down that path, either with intent or by accident, enough to know when to avoid it.

And I know not all who don't prescribe to a faith are like that. And I know that those who don't prescribe to a faith are likely to turn into our little example by being treated that way by crazy hate-filled fundies, who unfortunately are so vocal that they end up being the example to others when they are the exception.

It all comes to respect and a person's intention for engaging in such a conversation.

But, then again, if we had more respect for each other overall, lots of things in this world wouldn't be.

jhale667
12-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I know that having an attitude is part of your internet shtick, but I'm going to use your comment as an example: it's degrading, insulting views/comments like that no matter if it's a nonbeliever against a believer or a believer against a nonbeliever.

The reason why so many people with a religious faith don't engage in conversation that contradicts their faith is that they're insulted for having the faith. It doesn't become a conversation about interesting details, what the differing views are, and food for thought from both sides. It usually turns into an attack on the believer of their faith. Usually invisible sky god or pretend make-believe daddy are thrown around. Well, who would want to walk into that situation regardless of what the topic was? And trust me, lots of us who prescribe to a faith have walked down that path, either with intent or by accident, enough to know when to avoid it.

And I know not all who don't prescribe to a faith are like that. And I know that those who don't prescribe to a faith are likely to turn into our little example by being treated that way by crazy hate-filled fundies, who unfortunately are so vocal that they end up being the example to others when they are the exception.

It all comes to respect and a person's intention for engaging in such a conversation.

But, then again, if we had more respect for each other overall, lots of things in this world wouldn't be.

Ah, Ally...missed ya. :D

He does have a point though, in that most people won't even engage in a serious debate, no "spirit-daddy" being thrown around or anything, because a LOT of it does not stand up to logical or scientific scrutiny. But that's where faith comes in anyway, right? ;)

Ally_Kat
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM

He does have a point though, in that most people won't even engage in a serious debate, no "spirit-daddy" being thrown around or anything, because a LOT of it does not stand up to logical or scientific scrutiny. But that's where faith comes in anyway, right? ;)

That and a lot of people don't bother getting educated in the history of religions, how they formed, how their different, and (most importantly) they're connected. Hell, a lot aren't even educated in their own religion. It's quite sad.

The reason I think is because they view it the same as studying evolution: they see it as sinful and that opening themselves up to it will bring the devil into their soul. This then circles back to not being educated in their own religion.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM

if we had more respect for each other overall, lots of things in this world wouldn't be.

Wow!! That's sooo true. ;)

GO-SPURS-GO
12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I do wonder why believers in such an all powerful "God" find him to be so threatening.

Me too! :confused: At Rothfans, Lounge started a thread "Do You Believe" and a poster put all kinds of satanic pics of Satan blaspheming Jesus and a few people got offended, and someone took them down. Those pics didn’t bother me one bit. Even though Lounge started that thread with a questionable sign, I felt it was cool of him to want those satanic pics taken down too. I think he even knew those pics went too far. :cool:

I always felt it was pretty dumb to make fun of someone else’s beliefs when you can’t even explain your own. And that goes BOTH ways. ;)

DEMON CUNT
12-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Well said, Ally.

I'll admit that I do play rough around here. I can take what I dish out and then some. I love a good thought provoking challenge. It helps me keep my own "beliefs" in check. And yes, I will call them "beliefs" because that is what they are. I, however, do not fear or avoid information to the contrary.

I will offer this cliché to members who find it difficult to engage in forums such as this one: "If you cannot stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." If having your beliefs mocked or deconstructed offends you that much you should probably spend less time in The Front Line and more time in prayer. If having your screen name fucked with causes you pain then you are nothing but a fucking baby.

I find many people of faith to be soft bellied and ignorant of their beliefs. Many are unable to articulate their faith beyond the simple pop-culture understanding of Christianity. Such laziness is absurd and does not serve one's cause in the least. It also makes for extremely boring conversation.

They know not of the origins of the modern Bible. They choose not to live according to Christ's example. Most simply fear death and feel the need to choose what their "afterlife" will look like. Ironically, most are able to provide a more vivid description of Hell than their chosen "destination."

hideyoursheep
12-30-2008, 03:15 AM
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them. Jesus cometh, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and see my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and put it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing."
28 Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

FORD
12-30-2008, 03:22 AM
Just got an e mail from JC.....

He wanted y'all to know that He was planning on visiting this thread, but due to the current events in Gaza, He's a little busy trying to talk His Dad down from smiting the living fuck out of Israel at the moment.

hideyoursheep
12-30-2008, 05:23 AM
In some religions, that would mean God is arguing with himself.

What a sick joke the Middle East is on the world....3 religions that believe in the same God, breaking God's law to keep a small area of desert away from one another. That doesn't sound like "intelligent design" to me...it's more like "Punk'd".

sadaist
12-30-2008, 08:09 AM
I will offer this cliché to members who find it difficult to engage in forums such as this one: "If you cannot stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." If having your beliefs mocked or deconstructed offends you that much you should probably spend less time in The Front Line and more time in prayer. If having your screen name fucked with causes you pain then you are nothing but a fucking baby.

Quite a sad state this forum has fallen into when someone can't post an opinion, without slamming anyone, and get nothing but crap for it. Some of you are so hooked on hopping online to see what flame war you can post for the day that you either drive people away, or end up with a thread with no decent argument or discussion.

All I said at the beginning was that I choose not to view the movie. I didn't say it was a horrible movie, that you shouldn't watch it, or that anyone would be damned if they don't believe any specific way. I just stated I personally would choose to not watch this move and gave an analogy that makes sense to me. And for some reason you and many others feel the need to slam me for that? Why do you feel such a need to change my beliefs to yours? Why is it such a big deal that I choose to not watch this movie? Do you guys get royalties from this film?

And about the screen name changing. That was a post from another thread where I simply pointed out that when you end up not being able to effectively argue back a point I make, you resort to name calling. That's childish, or "fucking baby" as you so eloquently put it. I think this just shows that it's you that finds it "difficult to engage in forums", at least not intelligently.

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Quite a sad state this forum has fallen into when someone can't post an opinion, without slamming anyone, and get nothing but crap for it. Some of you are so hooked on hopping online to see what flame war you can post for the day that you either drive people away, or end up with a thread with no decent argument or discussion.

What's even more sad than that is when a poster wastes an entire post crying about how mean everybody else is. Grow up.

All I said at the beginning was that I choose not to view the movie. I didn't say it was a horrible movie, that you shouldn't watch it, or that anyone would be damned if they don't believe any specific way.

Of course you didn't say that. You can't, because you have no idea what the movie's about, apparently. And therefore shouldn't even be posting in the thread in the first place, unless you're at least relatively educated about the subject material.

I just stated I personally would choose to not watch this move and gave an analogy that makes sense to me. And for some reason you and many others feel the need to slam me for that? Why do you feel such a need to change my beliefs to yours? Why is it such a big deal that I choose to not watch this movie? Do you guys get royalties from this film?

http://www.realestate.co.nz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/head-in-the-sand.jpg

And if that's the way you're going to go through your life, that's entirely your right, but when you openly admit to it, you might expect to receive a little grief - ESPECIALLY from those who have seen the kind of damage organized religion (ORGANIZED) has done over the centuries to people because they DON'T bury their heads in the sand and say "I'M NOT GONNA WATCH! I DON'T LIKE CHALLENGES!"

LoungeMachine
12-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Quite a sad state this forum has fallen into when someone can't post an opinion, without slamming anyone, and get nothing but crap for it. .

LMMFAO while rolling eyes. [I'm multi-tasking]

Site has been back up one week, and you've already cried, whined, and bitched about the forum more than anyone.

If you post an opinion, you KNOW you are opening your post up to every critic here. You KNEW this going in.

So now cuntplaining about it is ridiculous.

I hear they have a really soft touch over at RF. Maybe you'd feel the warm and fuzies over there.

This is the Roth ARMY. We wear flak jackets and protective cups here, smoochie.

And your VH "analogy" was silly. If you can't see/admit that, then you're not the intelligent guy I took you for.

Sac up and deal with it in here, or find a softer place to lay your head.

This is the NFL.

sadaist
12-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Of course you didn't say that. You can't, because you have no idea what the movie's about, apparently. And therefore shouldn't even be posting in the thread in the first place, unless you're at least relatively educated about the subject material.

Repeat once more for the slow of mind. I've seen enough of the movie to know that it is not something I would enjoy watching for 90 minutes. Clips, interviews, and discussions.

sadaist
12-30-2008, 04:00 PM
LMMFAO while rolling eyes. [I'm multi-tasking]

If you post an opinion, you KNOW you are opening your post up to every critic here. You KNEW this going in.

Call me any name in the book, or feel free to make a few new ones up. Do you really think with my screen name I don't know that I'm opening myself up to this? I've heard some really ingenious ones too. I don't care. But at least have the decency to do it in the context of an actual take. Name calling when posted alone shows a poster has run out of arguments or is simply uneducated on the subject. If you want to pwn my take in any thread, that's awesome. I don't post here for people to agree with me...obviously.

Back on topic though, I watched about 8 more minutes of the film as maybe the few 30 second clips I had seen were giving me a false impression. It's not horrible, it's still pretty much what I had already gathered from the previous interviews & clips I had seen, but I still don't really want to watch any more of it. I don't watch Mr. Maher's show either. I think the last one I watched had Stephen Pearcy on, which was quite some time ago. I can't stand shows where people yell over each other and not one of them seems to be able to get a full point across. It becomes too much like shows like Hannity & Colmes. Hard to understand anyone when three or four people are talking over each other.

LoungeMachine
12-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Call me any name in the book, or feel free to make a few new ones up. Do you really think with my screen name I don't know that I'm opening myself up to this? I've heard some really ingenious ones too. I don't care. But at least have the decency to do it in the context of an actual take. Name calling when posted alone shows a poster has run out of arguments or is simply uneducated on the subject. If you want to pwn my take in any thread, that's awesome. I don't post here for people to agree with me...obviously.

Back on topic though, I watched about 8 more minutes of the film as maybe the few 30 second clips I had seen were giving me a false impression. It's not horrible, it's still pretty much what I had already gathered from the previous interviews & clips I had seen, but I still don't really want to watch any more of it. I don't watch Mr. Maher's show either. I think the last one I watched had Stephen Pearcy on, which was quite some time ago. I can't stand shows where people yell over each other and not one of them seems to be able to get a full point across. It becomes too much like shows like Hannity & Colmes. Hard to understand anyone when three or four people are talking over each other.

Excellent points

fag

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I've seen enough of the movie to know that it is not something I would enjoy watching for 90 minutes. Clips, interviews, and discussions.

You've seen "enough of it" to know that it's not something you would enjoy watching for 90 minutes.

You ALSO said "I'm just not into watching a movie by a guy who keeps trying to debunk mine (religious beliefs)", which inclines me to believe something else entirely, leading us right back to the "head in the sand" thing.

Either way, you're not really qualified to debate the pros or cons of the movie to much of any degree because you're admittedly not familiar with it and are, by default, most likely biased against it.

kwame k
12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I guess it depends on how or what aspect of religion you are trying to debate.......there's the Historical aspect to Christianity, how it formed and how the Dogma of what is now perceived as Christianity evolved. My interest has always been in the historical context because really......after having grown up in "The Church" and having studied the bible in a church context.......it's two completely different subjects......Agrueing faith or your own faith based beliefs of the bible is pointless, you either have it or you don't and no amount of arguing will change that.

Debating the historical context and the motives or reasons the current religions are they way they are and how they built on older traditions is something that even the faithful should be able to handle......most churches and experts agree on certain fundamental facts that the bible was built upon oral traditions from all over......how that can "shake" or ruin your faith has more to do with the person's weakness than being able to hold or have a debate........if you're that weak in your faith that you can't even reason and see that the Bible has evolved over thousands of years, incorporates many different traditions and early beliefs........if you can not or are unwilling to believe or discuss the possibilities that the Bible wasn't written by just a few people over a short amount of time....ie, Moses wrote his parts of the bible in real time.....stay out of the discussions. Unless you are trying to debate faith.

Guitar Shark
12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Religion is for people other than me.

I will watch this movie.

sadaist
12-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Either way, you're not really qualified to debate the pros or cons of the movie to much of any degree because you're admittedly not familiar with it...

100% accurate. Which is why I haven't debated any pros or cons of the content of the film. Just the fact that I'm choosing not to view it in it's entirety.

sadaist
12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Religion is for people other than me.

I will watch this movie.

Isn't it a wonderful thing that we can make these personal decisions for ourselves? Don't forget the popcorn.

FORD
12-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Satan took care of that....

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d090.gif

Fuck Orville Redenbacher, Satan's DevilPop dragon roasted gourmet popcorn is the shit!

Redballjets88
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Sadaist don't you realize that by not watching this movie you are now a religious bigot and are closed minded?

I love how whenever an argument of this sort happens the people here that lead the flame war end up just looking like extreme assholes, or cunts if you will...

I didn't see Iron Man, does that make me a DC fanboy?

DEMON CUNT
12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
All I said at the beginning was that I choose not to view the movie. I didn't say it was a horrible movie, that you shouldn't watch it, or that anyone would be damned if they don't believe any specific way. I just stated I personally would choose to not watch this move and gave an analogy that makes sense to me. And for some reason you and many others feel the need to slam me for that? Why do you feel such a need to change my beliefs to yours?

You fear this movie because Bill's questions and logic would put doubts in your head. One of such great faith shouldn't find a movie so threatening. Surely your God is more powerful than Bill Maher!?!

I don't feel the need to change your beliefs, Mr. Sadass. I feel the need to call you out as a major league vagina for avoiding this film.

WTF! You watch Huckabee? You needn't say anymore, Sadass.

DEMON CUNT
12-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Sadaist don't you realize that by not watching this movie you are now a religious bigot and are closed minded?

I love how whenever an argument of this sort happens the people here that lead the flame war end up just looking like extreme assholes, or cunts if you will...

Damn! It appears that all of the religiously impaired folks are going to have something to say about a movie they do not want to watch.

Do you guys spend time in the Kip Winger forums announcing that you will not be listening to Winger?

Iron Man is great. You should check it out.

sadaist
12-30-2008, 09:26 PM

So anyone who doesn't view the film is a religious bigot and closed minded? Wow, that's scary that you think that way.

Based on your own statement, it makes you closed minded as well.

sadaist
12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Damn! It appears that all of the religiously impaired folks are going to have something to say about a movie they do not want to watch.

Do you guys spend time in the Kip Winger forums announcing that you will not be listening to Winger?

Iron Man is great. You should check it out.

Ah, it's more of a response to the people that it seems to bother. And I just ordered Iron Man. Looking forward to it. Apparently there are a couple of hints of Captain America in it (half built shield on a workbench, etc...) Now if I could only find some of that Satan's DevilPop dragon roasted gourmet popcorn I'll be set.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
So anyone who doesn't view the film is a religious bigot and closed minded? Wow, that's scary that you think that way.

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY he was being sarcastic. If he wasn't, then that WAS a crazy thing to say. :confused:

Redballjets88
12-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Hopefully, HOPEFULLY he was being sarcastic. If he wasn't, then that WAS a crazy thing to say. :confused:

it was sarcasm.

GO-SPURS-GO
12-30-2008, 10:15 PM
it was sarcasm.

*wipes forehead* That's what I figured. :bottle:

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 11:58 PM

Depends. Did you watch The Dark Knight?

:D

hideyoursheep
12-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Well, sadaist at least deserves a little respect....he's willing to throw his opinion in there.
A whole lotta people are looking, but unwilling to throw their .02 in.

Redballjets88
12-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Depends. Did you watch The Dark Knight?

:D

I actually saw both movies at midnight the day of release. I was just using Iron Man as an analogy

hideyoursheep
12-31-2008, 12:03 AM
When does Captain America come out?

GO-SPURS-GO
12-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Sadass

Not bad. But I like the one you gave me better. BLOW-SPURS-BLOW ;)

FORD
12-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Well I finally watched Religulous myself. I'd say Bill Maher learned a lot about filmmaking from Michael Moore. Which is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Can't say he convinced me to take his side though, nor did he present any information I hadn't already heard in other forms. But he does make (at least) some very strong arguments against blind adherence to organized religion and religious dogma, if not a convincing argument against God Himself.

And I was pretty much there already anyway.

DEMON CUNT
12-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Not bad. But I like the one you gave me better. BLOW-SPURS-BLOW ;)

That's the spirit!

LoungeMachine
12-31-2008, 07:49 AM
Well, sadaist at least deserves a little respect....he's willing to throw his opinion in there.
A whole lotta people are looking, but unwilling to throw their .02 in.

Couldn't agree more....

scamper
12-31-2008, 08:43 AM

Most of the religious people I know are more than willing to discuss their beliefs, but I doubt that they would do it on a web site with someone who has a chip on their shoulder.

hideyoursheep
12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Most of the religious people I know are more than willing to discuss their beliefs, but I doubt that they would do it on a web site with someone who has a chip on their shoulder.

At least here, you can make your points without Maher interrupting...you have the floor.

It's not faith I take issue with, it's how organized religion has perverted people's faith.

DEMON CUNT
12-31-2008, 01:34 PM

Willing to discuss with other religious people, of course. Many carry very little knowledge of their beliefs. Many simply want to avoid "Hell."

DEMON CUNT
12-31-2008, 01:35 PM
It's not faith I take issue with, it's how organized religion has perverted people's faith.

True!

Dr. Love
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM

If you hang out in this forum enough, your definition of extreme will change as you adapt to the culture. And for some reason, none of my coworkers understand how I can be so effective at conveying my point with the same argument everytime: "You fag!"

Thank you, Roth Army. :guzzle:

LoungeMachine
12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
If you hang out in this forum enough, your definition of extreme will change as you adapt to the culture. And for some reason, none of my coworkers understand how I can be so effective at conveying my point with the same argument everytime: "You fag!"

Thank you, Roth Army. :guzzle:

Exactly.

And I find it funny that those who found RF so "refreshing" can't help but come back in here for more abuse.

:matrix:

Nickdfresh
12-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Me too! :confused: At Rothfans, Lounge started a thread "Do You Believe" and a poster put all kinds of satanic pics of Satan blaspheming Jesus and a few people got offended, and someone took them down. Those pics didn’t bother me one bit. Even though Lounge started that thread with a questionable sign, I felt it was cool of him to want those satanic pics taken down too. I think he even knew those pics went too far. :cool:

I always felt it was pretty dumb to make fun of someone else’s beliefs when you can’t even explain your own. And that goes BOTH ways. ;)

That was one particular tubb-of-douche who was all but banned for doing so...

He's in my sig...

Nickdfresh
12-31-2008, 04:28 PM

Back on topic though, I watched about 8 more minutes of the film as maybe the few 30 second clips I had seen were giving me a false impression. It's not horrible, it's still pretty much what I had already gathered from the previous interviews & clips I had seen, but I still don't really want to watch any more of it.....

That's what I told you. Maybe Maher isn't necessarily attacking a belief in a supreme deity or any other kind of faith? he's mocking the hypocrisy and inherent contradictions or modern, organized religion. Especially when they callously use their version of Christianity to forward a political agenda. An agenda they attack others for having (i.e. "activist judges").

But then, I haven't seen it. So maybe I should fuck off...:(

Cheers for New Years
:guzzle:

LoungeMachine
12-31-2008, 05:11 PM
That was one particular tubb-of-douche who was all but banned for doing so...

He's in my sig...

That wasnt jharp [juice] that posted that crap.

That was none other than CAPT CAP LOCK

You know, the blind former Marine who was diagnosed HIV positive, only to find out it was the anti-biotics he was taking for a toothache that caused the flase-positive.

:lol:

He's still hurting from the forced vasectomy performed by his uncle when he was 6, and being ass raped by his cousin when he was 8.

:rofl:

hideyoursheep
12-31-2008, 05:20 PM
True!

Cheers for New Years
:guzzle:

Happy new year to all of ya!

Fags!

;)

:guzzle:;)

kwame k
12-31-2008, 05:25 PM

Happy new year to all of ya!

Fags!

;)

:guzzle:;)

You too!

Whore!

Nickdfresh
12-31-2008, 05:55 PM
That wasnt jharp [juice] that posted that crap.

That was none other than CAPT CAP LOCK

You know, the blind former Marine who was diagnosed HIV positive, only to find out it was the anti-biotics he was taking for a toothache that caused the flase-positive.

:lol:

He's still hurting from the forced vasectomy performed by his uncle when he was 6, and being ass raped by his cousin when he was 8.

:rofl:

Ha! That's correct. I looked at the username and sort of said, "wait a minute."

My cuntfusion comes from the fact that those two, and some other mental defective, trolled in each others wake and formed the retard club...

jharp84 was actually much less offensive though...

A forced vasectomy he says, eh? Well, his uncle had foresight!

LoungeMachine
12-31-2008, 06:03 PM
You haven't read the FATHER'S DAY thread over at Maxi's Pad?

LMMFAO

I won some "rothie" like award for that one. It was also Mick's favorite thread.

Classic troll owning.

30 odd pages worth.....

Nickdfresh
12-31-2008, 06:12 PM

LMMFAO

I won some "rothie" like award for that one. It was also Mick's favorite thread.

Classic troll owning.

30 odd pages worth.....

Link?

If his uncle had any real balls, he would have aborted the fuck!

Guitar Shark
12-31-2008, 06:21 PM

LMMFAO

Classic troll owning.

30 odd pages worth.....

That was one of the most entertaining threads ever. I almost pissed myself a few times.

kwame k
12-31-2008, 06:42 PM
That was one of the most entertaining threads ever. I almost pissed myself a few times.

It sure was.....I had a blast busting that troll fuck.

DEMON CUNT
12-31-2008, 06:49 PM

How about a link?

LoungeMachine
12-31-2008, 06:54 PM
It sure was.....I had a blast busting that troll fuck.

Yep, kwame and chef craig deserve credit too...

Sharkey and jhale even got in a few great jabs.

God, that was one for the record books.

I re-read it recently, and couldnt believe how fucking hilarious it was the second time around.

The Coen Brothers need to make a movie of that story.

LoungeMachine
12-31-2008, 06:54 PM
How about a link?

Alright, ya lazy cock gobbler.... brb

Of course if 3 or more of you go to read it, it may double the current users online over there. ;)

LoungeMachine
12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.rothfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641&highlight=Happy+Father%27s

Gotta be registered to read it though.

Here's some highlights
from DDLR

http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/index.php?topic=22583.0

bueno bob
12-31-2008, 11:00 PM
You wanna REALLY watch an eye-opening film about religion, watch "Jesus Camp". I saw it for the first time myself last night, and I shit you not, it was without a doubt the SCARIEST horror movie I have ever seen in my life. Fuck Faces of Death III.

EXTREMELY disturbing, and by watching it, I frankly think there's more than ample evidence to charge them all with child abuse. I actually choked up watching the HORRIFIC levels of brainwashing they expose these children to, and that's not even mentioning the governmental insurrection seeds they're planting and watering with borderline military exercises.

Scary, scary shit. ESPECIALLY so when you think that THESE sorts of people are the people in America who are having 7 or 8 kids as opposed to everyone elses 1 1/3rd...

FORD
12-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Even Jesus was frightened by Jesus Camp. He told me so. Having seen it right after the Ted Haggard scandal broke though, Ted's scenes in the movie were that much funnier.

"I know what you did last night. And I'm gonna tell your wife".

Yeah, says the guy who just snorted meth off a gay hooker's ass.

hideyoursheep
01-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Whohoo!!!!

FORD
01-01-2009, 12:51 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6rSjrBhUIA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6rSjrBhUIA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Who knew he was talking about himself?

hideyoursheep
01-01-2009, 01:05 AM
You wanna REALLY watch an eye-opening film about religion, watch "Jesus Camp".

I'm gonna go have a look right now...

LMAO!

How fitting.....the next move available after "Jesus Camp" is "Jackass No.2"!

Uh oh...looks like a bad download...

DEMON CUNT
01-01-2009, 01:33 AM
http://www.rothfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641&highlight=Happy+Father%27s

Gotta be registered to read it though.

DAMN! That's some crazy shit. Too funny.

hideyoursheep
01-01-2009, 02:28 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/90O2Ie-tY9s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/90O2Ie-tY9s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jhale667
01-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Exactly, exactly. :gulp:

Ally_Kat
01-01-2009, 08:57 PM
"I know what you did last night. And I'm gonna tell your wife".

Not defending the guy (cuz I'm smart enough know most of those big super-preacher types are power and money grabbers), but do we know what was going on before the edit to that line? Cuz it seemed like it was the joke part of the "sermon" and I'm curious what the hell he was getting at.

hideyoursheep
01-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Not defending the guy (cuz I'm smart enough know most of those big super-preacher types are power and money grabbers), but do we know what was going on before the edit to that line? Cuz it seemed like it was the joke part of the "sermon" and I'm curious what the hell he was getting at.

It sounded like he was addressing morality...which would mean it was a joke if he is giving it.

I doubt his "friend" Mike Jones thought it was funny, however..

:sex:

FORD
01-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Actually in retrospect, it almost sounds like Ted was repeating lines that somebody used on him to blackmail him. Which is probably he told the film makers he would sue them if they used the footage. Certainly would have fit his situation, if anybody besides he and the gay hooker Mike Jones knew about their "business" meetings. :blow:

hideyoursheep
03-08-2009, 03:48 AM
:lmao:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/urlTBBKTO68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/urlTBBKTO68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Combat Ready
03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Quality faith based tune:

object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOg3jTo_s7o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOg3jTo_s7o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
03-09-2009, 12:25 AM
What has Black Sand got to do with superstition?

Combat Ready
03-09-2009, 12:37 AM

Listen to the song again.

Seshmeister
03-09-2009, 12:37 AM
:lmao:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/urlTBBKTO68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/urlTBBKTO68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:)

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/36uAoe8e2dY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36uAoe8e2dY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Combat Ready
03-09-2009, 12:39 AM

I've heard a story
Many times
It's one that i believe
Of a place that's not on any map
Beyond the seven seas
Black sand...

thome
03-09-2009, 01:09 AM
He just makes money off of retards paying attention to him.

E-Entertainment for the Intelectual Douches of the world.

Feel Free Assholes .

Gleening off his Pandering Political Rhetoric from "That Angle".

Sh!t doesn't run down hill, it Floats to the Top.

Just another lying assmunch with two -11 ft. Tall Blonde- escorts on each arm to look like a Play'a.. and all the while griping about Rush's Vicodo Addiction of Bill O'Rielie's... a supremist this and that ...WTF ever.

Ophra with a bad haircut but he thinks he is a politico who will be remembered like the writers of the Constitution..

I got more but I just wasted more time thinking about him than I have in the last 20 years.....

thome
03-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I find Maher to be quite amusing and thought provoking.

I do wonder why believers in such an all powerful "God" find him to be so threatening. They feel the need to avoid Maher and his work or issue silly threats and call him names. See previous entries on the thread for details.

Because, Carlin did ever God joke from every angle 30+ years ago dowel rod.

There are plenty who jumped on that ride. Maher hasn't had a original thought in his life.

It's not "threatening", those are your words attempting to rewrite someone elses into a completely different meaning.

Why do you (%#%*%()..always see a complaint about someones comment against a faith or spirituality, as they are threatened. More like the party of the second part is threatened..hmmm.?

Combat Ready
03-09-2009, 01:34 AM

Feel Free Assholes .

Just another lying assmunch with two -11 ft. Tall Blonde- escorts on each arm to look like a Play'a.. and all the while griping about Rush's Vicodo Addiction of Bill O'Rielie's... a supremist this and that ...WTF ever.

Ophra with a bad haircut but he thinks he is a politico who will be remembered like the writers of the Constitution..

I got more but I just wasted more time thinking about him than I have in the last 20 years.....

Yeah.....

I hear ya!

Just a second....

:stoned-smiley:

Um:

What were you saying?

thome
03-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Yeah.....

I hear ya!

Just a second....

:stoned-smiley:

Um:

What were you saying?

Funny..... That.... Is ....Exactly.... What.... I.... Said.

Feel free to rearange that sentence in any manner and then you will understand.
:stpatrick:

hideyoursheep
03-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Why do you (%#%*%()..always see a complaint about someones comment against a faith or spirituality, as they are threatened. More like the party of the second part is threatened..hmmm.?

Maybe you should pay attention to all of my posts in this thread. This was never a Bill Maher circle-jerk.

What's this...
Why do you (%#%*%()...

Is it a result of some RothFans housebreaking?

Speaking of which, calling DEMON CUNT a dowel rod is no way to shake hands.....he won't get banned here.

I don't think he's going to appreciate it.:biggrin:

hideyoursheep
03-09-2009, 04:47 AM

Feel Free Assholes .

Just another lying assmunch with two -5 ft tall male- escorts on each arm to look like a Play'a.. and all the while griping about Michael J Fox or hoping the President fails... a supremist this and that ...WTF ever.

Hitler without hair but he thinks he is a politico who will be remembered like the writers of the Constitution..

I love America!:biggrin:

Seshmeister
03-09-2009, 07:06 AM
I've heard a story
Many times
It's one that i believe
Of a place that's not on any map
Beyond the seven seas
Black sand...

It could be about anything.

Maybe it's about Delaware...

thome
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Maybe you should pay attention to all of my posts in this thread. This was never a Bill Maher circle-jerk.

What's this...

Is it a result of some RothFans housebreaking?

:biggrin:

If you have notice I NEVER spell cusswords completely, correctly. I always spell fukking without the "C" Sh!t without the "I" and I have never used those word with the correct spell'n any of them ever.!!

It is my way of embracing some time honered -taste-, if you please.. to the kind hearted tender souls who might read these filthy cuss words.

It is my way of maintaining a small amount...of...GADD DAMN FUKKING DECORUM AROUND THIS MUTHER FUKK'R!!!!

There................. the kindlier gentler thome has come clean.....:hee:

Mutha On Bitchezz.

Seshmeister
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
[B][I]If you have notice I NEVER spell cusswords completely, correctly.

You never spell anything completely correctly and don't get me started on your grammar. :)

ULTRAMAN VH
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I watched the movie over the weekend and enjoyed it. I think Maher is a F##king asshole, but it was a good movie. I expected a Christian bashing spectacle, but he went after a number of faiths including Islam, which took some balls.