PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Dave Supporters

LittleDreamerVH
12-29-2008, 06:21 PM
As a staunch Van Halen supporter with DLR as lead, I cringe when I come across the person that prefers Hagar to Roth. WHY? Seems to be the question that I can't ignore. With Montrose and then solo for quite some time, I just don't understand the Sammy preference to Roth. Yes, we are on the Roth Army Forums, so the obvious partiality is evident... yet the question remains, those who are out there, why is Hagar your man? Ugh... WHY?

VanHalener
12-29-2008, 06:49 PM
My question is why would you want to drag them onto the Roth Army to spew their nonsense?

LittleDreamerVH
12-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Pretty much curiosity...

Redballjets88
12-29-2008, 10:37 PM
believe me guy, this discussion happened a long time ago around here. Nowadays no comparison conversations exsist. The only time Hagar is mentioned is in order to make fun of him.

now to see if this still works...

Redballjets88
12-29-2008, 10:37 PM
who is sammy hagar?

Redballjets88
12-29-2008, 10:38 PM
guess not. bad times

FORD
12-30-2008, 01:41 AM
None of the "bot" functions have been re-activated yet. Not even Arielle.

No problem. Kind of a cool thing to have, but not a big deal.

Terry
12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
As a staunch Van Halen supporter with DLR as lead, I cringe when I come across the person that prefers Hagar to Roth. WHY? Seems to be the question that I can't ignore. With Montrose and then solo for quite some time, I just don't understand the Sammy preference to Roth. Yes, we are on the Roth Army Forums, so the obvious partiality is evident... yet the question remains, those who are out there, why is Hagar your man? Ugh... WHY?

Meh.

Rather than spend time and energy wondering why those that prefer Hagar to Roth feel that way, seems it's just easier to be content with the 6-pack and leave the flaming waboritas to their own devices.

LoungeMachine
12-30-2008, 08:38 PM
As a staunch Van Halen supporter with DLR as lead, I cringe when I come across the person that prefers Hagar to Roth. WHY?

Why indeed?

Why do you care?

But I must chuckle at the "staunch" line...... as if we're talking about abortion rights or missle defense.

It's a moot point, about a dead band.

Enjoy CVH, and let others wallow in the cheese if that's what floats their skirts.

Next year will mark the 25th anniversary of the DEATH of CVH.

[ I must run in some different circles, as I can't remember the last time I "ran into" anyone who claimed to prefer Ched to Roth]

How does that even come up in a conversation anymore?

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Meh.

Rather than spend time and energy wondering why those that prefer Hagar to Roth feel that way, seems it's just easier to be content with the 6-pack and leave the flaming waboritas to their own devices.

yeah, what manson said.

whattup, t?

Terry
12-31-2008, 07:54 PM
yeah, what manson said.

whattup, t?

Same ole biz'.

Drinkin' a bit of whiskey, getting ready to celebrate the oncoming new year...taking time out from my fundraising "Save Captain Caplock" AIDS benefit:rolleyes:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2009, 10:08 AM
For the vast majority of the 134 other times we've discussed this topic, what I've found is that you will only find a small, small percentage of Velveeta fans that actually saw CVH live yet still prefer Bette....

THAT's the key.... If you were simply too young to have seen CVH live, and the Hagaritas were the only version of VH you were able to see, that's one chunk of Bette's fanbase...

But if were priviledged enough to witness The MIGHTY Van Halen during the CVH years, you're not going to find too many that went over to the other side of the VH tracks...

Redballjets88
01-01-2009, 06:34 PM
For the vast majority of the 134 other times we've discussed this topic, what I've found is that you will only find a small, small percentage of Velveeta fans that actually saw CVH live yet still prefer Bette....

THAT's the key.... If you were simply too young to have seen CVH live, and the Hagaritas were the only version of VH you were able to see, that's one chunk of Bette's fanbase...

But if were priviledged enough to witness The MIGHTY Van Halen during the CVH years, you're not going to find too many that went over to the other side of the VH tracks...

I wasnt really around to see either, so I got to decide through the music. Thank god my parents bought me Van Halen 1 for christmas that year.

hideyoursheep
01-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I wasnt really around to see either, so I got to decide through the music. Haggis fans don't know anything about music...that's why they like him.

:hagar1::monekyr:

Sarge
01-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Everytime I meet someone that prefers Samy to Roth, they are either an older "soccer mom" looking woman or a guy that wears socks with sandals.
Speaking of which...
I met a really overweight guy with white socks and orange crocs the other day that told me he liked Sammy better than Dave.
Not that I am someone who is into fashion, just something I have noticed.

Some people will never get it.
Diamond Dave isn't meant for everyone.

redblkwht
01-02-2009, 01:10 AM

2 words, GO TO www.vhlinks.com you will find many sheep there bro.

BTW:
this is the THE DLR Army, this has been grilled,fried,baked
and skewered since 1996, been there done that, Sam don't Jive in this house.

Roth On!:hitch: