PDA

View Full Version : Laura & Condi: "Presidency Not a Failure"...here's a fucking laugh riot...

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 12:52 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28408424/

WASHINGTON - First lady Laura Bush disagrees with critics who call the presidency of George W. Bush a failure.

"I know it's not, and so I don't really feel like I need to respond to people that view it that way," Mrs. Bush said in a television interview that aired Sunday. "I think history will judge and we'll see later."

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice took a similar view in a separate interview.

"I think generations pretty soon are going to start to thank this president for what he's done. This generation will," she said.

"Because I think the fact that we have really made foreign assistance not just an issue of giving humanitarian aid or giving money to poor people, but really insisting on good governance and fighting corruption." she said. "I think the fact that this President has laid the groundwork for a Palestinian state, being the first president, as a matter of policy, to say that there should be one, and now, I think, laying the foundation that's going to lead to that Palestinian state — I can go on and on."

Calls shoe-throwing incident an assault
In her interview, Mrs. Bush called the shoe-throwing incident in Baghdad an "assault." She rebuffed Bush administration critics who contend the U.S. turned its military might and resources to the war in Iraq before finishing the job in Afghanistan.

Mrs. Bush noted that under her husband's watch, the U.S. toppled Saddam Hussein and liberated millions of people in Afghanistan and Iraq from oppressive governments. She also highlighted the president's work to provide treatment for diseases like AIDS and malaria to millions of people in sub-Saharan Africa. She said her husband responded to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in a way that has kept the U.S. safe.

"I think that's very, very important," she said.

Mrs. Bush said that while the president laughed it off when an Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at him during a news conference earlier this month in Iraq, she was not amused. The president deftly dodged the shoes and was not hit. He continued the news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki after security officials dragged the journalist from the room.

"The president laughed it off," she said. "He wasn't hurt. He's very quick. As you know, he's a natural athlete and ducked it. But on the other hand, it is an assault. And I think it should be treated that way. And I think people should think of it that way."

On the other hand, she said the incident reflects change in Iraq.

"As bad as the incident is, in my view, it is a sign that Iraqis feel a lot freer to express themselves," she said.

Challenges critics of Afghanistan mission
She challenged critics who contend that Iraq was a distraction to the U.S. mission in Afghanistan where heightened violence is causing renewed instability.

"Well, I don't know that I would agree with that at all," Mrs. Bush said. "I don't think that's true at all. We've stayed very, very invested in Afghanistan. Not as invested militarily, maybe, and maybe that's what the critics say, that it should have been more military. But I think we stayed very invested.

"We're invested both financially with tons of support to Afghanistan, as well as every other way. I've met thousands, literally thousands, of different people who are Americans who are invested in Afghanistan in some way."

She said American women are helping women in Afghanistan get educated and assisting with microfinance to enable them to build small businesses and support themselves.

On other issues, Mrs. Bush said she was sad that the federal government's response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 was not faster, but that debate over the federal response overshadowed heroic efforts during the tragedy of the U.S. Coast Guard and other responders. She said she does not think the media, in general, is "fair."

Mrs. Bush spoke on "Fox News Sunday," while Rice was on CBS' "Sunday Morning."

So what I can take away from all this is:

1. Laura Bush doesn't "feel the need" to respond to her MILLIONS of husband's critics, revealing her obvious sense of self-superiority - but will respond anyway;

2. In the instant that she realizes that THERE IS NO DEFENSE FOR THIS CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION AND HER CRIMINAL HUSBAND, she responds with "Well, it'll all be better in 100 years and everybody will THEN realize that this has been America's greatest moment...so...get back to ya in a hundred years about it all!";

3. Condi can't defend any of this clusterfuck criminal horseshit that's passed as "government" over the last eight years either, so, like the rest of the fucking ignorant, self interested elitist republican fucks, takes a "Well, you all think it sucks now, but it'll all be better 100 years from now!" cheap and sleazy way out of it all;

4. Somehow or another, they seem to think that Georgie boy is responsible for AIDS and Malaria relief, without even ONCE acknowledging any of the charitable work that's gone on before Georgie or during Georgie. You know, like the PEOPLE over there IN THE TRENCHES? "Oh, that's all Georgie!";

5. Laura seems to be under the impression that her husband is (LMAO) some kind of "athlete";

6. We're still "hard at work" in Afghanistan (LMAO);

7. She doesn't think the media is "fair".

Well, well, well...I guess it must be the evil media telling us that things are bad and Americans are so stupid they believe it with Evil Media says it's the fault of the Government, then.

Which is, really, just another way of saying "You Americans that we govern are pretty fucking stupid and you should quit thinking and just listen to what WE have to say. WE don't lie to you, but the rest of the world does and you're obviously just too fucking ignorant to think for yourselves. Here, let US do it for you."

I cannot BELIEVE the fucking nerve of these criminals. Accountable to nobody but themselves. We're the rulers. We're the deciders. Fuck American scum. We're at the top of the pyramid and don't have to account for shit to you slaves.

I tell you what, if there's ANY fucking justice in this universe, every single accountable party for what's occured over the last eight years will roast in the blackest fucking pit of whatever Hell there might be and even THAT may not be enough!

FORD
12-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah, saw that on the Rachel Maddow show tonight.... Condi & Pickles doing the "Save the Legacy Spin Control World Tour" because they're the only two Repukes on the planet with any sort of positive approval numbers at the moment.

hideyoursheep
12-30-2008, 03:40 AM
They march those two broads out there in hopes that they get lobbed softball questions rather than steel-toed boots, that's all it is.

We have to wait 100 years to gauge whether or not this abomination-er, administration had any kind of success? It'l take 100 years to straighten this shit out!

Nigga, please...

:rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
12-30-2008, 03:49 AM
...and I'll tell you something else....those assholes with the Bush-Cheney window stickers still stuck up on their warwagons?....Those fucks won't even make eye contact with you now....whenever I'm out at the pump, or in a parking lot somewhere, I look at them like they owe me money....'cause they do!...they owe us all.

Fuk 'em.:monekyr:

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 03:57 AM
I'll drink to that. :guzzle:

I SHIT YOU NOT, if I EVER get within throwing range of Bush...SHOES ARE COMIN' OFF, BITCH!

:D

hideyoursheep
12-30-2008, 05:15 AM
The day before the inauguration, everyone should just bombard the White House lawn with their old Nike's.....Just sling all their old shit over the fence in protest....you know the American public will never get as close as the Iraqi Shoe Assassin did.

:dork:

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 11:08 AM
The point would be made, though, and I really think that's worth doing. I should go to the DC Craigslist and see about putting a post in rants and raves encouraging people to do it...

kwame k
12-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Condi was on Meet The Press, spewing the same rethoric......it will be years before Bush's policies see positive effects........Sure they will.......that's why the Middle East is a fucking power keg as we speak. I guess when you are going to go down in history as the worst President of all time......you need something to cling to.......The ironic thing is Bush's humanitarian aid has been generous, to say the least.......killing innocent people in unjust wars on one hand and spending billions for humanitarian aid on the other.....

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
As far as the humanitarian relief is concerned, there's a bit of credit due there, sure; but really, doing that is the responsibility of ANY sitting President. In light of what he and his have done to the middle east and here at home, doing that normal responsibility isn't worth a piss in the wind by way of comparison as far as I'm concerned.

Coyote
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I'll drink to that. :guzzle:

I SHIT YOU NOT, if I EVER get within throwing range of Bush...SHOES ARE COMIN' OFF, BITCH!

:D

Just make sure ya got them "combat boots" on... :D

LoungeMachine
12-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Think I still got some old Doc Martens kicking around somewhere....

:gulp:

Coyote
12-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice took a similar view in a separate interview.

"I think generations pretty soon are going to start to thank this president for what he's done. This generation will," she said.

I doubt that.

This generation (and maybe the one before) would crucify Dubya if it had a fair shot.

DEMON CUNT
12-30-2008, 08:45 PM
They march those two broads out there in hopes that they get lobbed softball questions rather than steel-toed boots, that's all it is.

We have to wait 100 years to gauge whether or not this abomination-er, administration had any kind of success? It'l take 100 years to straighten this shit out!

Total agreement here. How do these people sleep at night?

I love it when these assholes have to resort to the "someday you'll appreciate what he has done" rhetoric. It is very revealing.

Where are the Roth Army neocons? No comments?

LoungeMachine
12-30-2008, 08:50 PM

www.rothfans.com

Warning: No swearing, names, or arguing tolerated.

DEMON CUNT
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
www.rothfans.com

Hella faggy in a VHLinks kind of way!

bueno bob
12-30-2008, 11:59 PM
www.rothfans.com

Helps to be Republican, God fearing and hate blacks, too...

;)

hideyoursheep
12-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Lost at sea aboard the S.S. Hubris.

DEMON CUNT
12-31-2008, 02:08 AM
Lost at sea aboard the S.S. Hubris.

Madly tapping their feet on the bathroom floors, no doubt!

http://joshandjosh.typepad.com/josh_josh_are_rich_and_fa/images/2008/02/20/larry_craig_stall_on_left.jpeg

Terry
12-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Laura Bush and Condi Rice; both feel short of the mark for me.

Laura Bush was ostensibly interested in education, yet her husband's No Child Left Behind initiative was, at best, benign neglect (basically "let's not give adequate funding to schools, and let them sink or swim on their own merit" - typical Darwinian conservative philosophy). LB comes off like a porcelain bobblehead doll, with a perma-plastered grin, robotically nodding at anything her husband says or does. Understandable, I suppose, but just because she's less despised by some than her husband is doesn't give her an ounce more of credibility with me.

Condi Rice is just a joke. Totally ineffectual as Secretary of State. Russian invasion of Georgia...where was Rice? Current troubles with Israel and Hezbollah...where is Rice? Last Sec of State with any wide-ranging influence was Kissinger. Last Sec of State with the POTENTIAL for the same type of influence was Powell (before he let the Bush Admin neuter him). Condi Rice is just a mouthpiece.

thome
12-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Candy assed mf kiss my royal redd ass

thome
12-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Your all GHEY!

thome
12-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Pontificating like the Jenny Jones I gots to believe ya I gotts too

hideyoursheep
12-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Candy assed mf kiss my royal redd ass!

Your all GHEY!

Pontificating like the Jenny Jones I gots to believe ya I gotts too

Is it too much for any of us to expect for that so-called "elected official" to show some competence at least once during his 2 terms?

Nah, I don't think so....

Nickdfresh
01-01-2009, 12:29 AM
The Titanic is a pretty great ship.