PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?????

scamper
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h0jhIdk5jvjtf5bEpyAbXQNZJpxAD95F30500

Motorists' habits spur call for tax increases

By JOAN LOWY – 5 hours ago

l WASHINGTON (AP) — Motorists are driving less and buying less gasoline, which means fuel taxes aren't raising enough money to keep pace with the cost of road, bridge and transit programs.

A federal commission created by Congress to find a way to make up the growing revenue shortfall in the program that funds highway repairs and construction is talking about increasing federal gas and diesel taxes.

A roughly 50 percent increase in gasoline and diesel fuel taxes is being urged by the commission until the government devises another way for motorists to pay for using public roads.

The 15-member National Commission on Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing is the second group in a year to call for increasing the current 18.4 cents a gallon federal tax on gasoline and the 24.4 cents a gallon tax on diesel. State fuel taxes vary from state to state.

In a report expected in late January, members of the infrastructure financing commission say they will urge Congress to raise the gas tax by 10 cents a gallon and the diesel tax by about 12 cents to 15 cents a gallon. At the same time, the commission will recommend tying the fuel tax rates to inflation.

The commission will also recommend that states raise their fuel taxes and make greater use of toll roads and fees for rush-hour driving.

Although the cost of gasoline has dropped dramatically in recent months, such tax increases could be politically treacherous for Democratic leaders in Congress. A gas tax hike was one of the reasons they lost control of the House and Senate in the 1994 elections. President-elect Barack Obama has expressed concern about raising fuel taxes in the current economic climate.

But commission members said the government must find more road and bridge building money somewhere.

"I'm not excited about a gas tax increase, but the reality is our current gas tax doesn't pay for upkeep of the system we have now," said Adrian Moore, vice president of the Reason Foundation, a libertarian think tank in Los Angeles, and a member of the highway revenue commission. "We can either let the roads go to hell or we can pay more."

The dilemma for Congress is that highway and transit programs are dependent for revenue on fuel taxes that are not sustainable. Many Americans are driving less and switching to more fuel-efficient cars and trucks, and a shift to new fuels and technologies like plug-in hybrid electric cars will further erode gasoline sales.

According to a draft of the financing commission's recommendations, the nation needs to move to a new system that taxes motorists according to how much they use roads. While details have not been worked out, such a system would mean equipping every car and truck with a device that uses global positioning satellites and transponders to record how many miles the vehicle has been driven, and perhaps the type of roads and time of day.

"Most if not all of the commissioners have a strong belief and commitment that we need a fundamental transformation of the current system," said commission chairman Robert Atkinson, president of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, a technology policy think tank in Washington.

A study by the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies estimated that the annual gap between revenues and the investment needed to improve highway and transit systems was about $105 billion in 2007, and will increase to $134 billion in 2017 under current trends.

Projected shortfalls in revenue led the National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission, in a report issued in January 2008, to call for an increase of as much as 40 cents a gallon in the gas tax, phased in over five years.

Charles Whittington, chairman of the American Trucking Associations, which supports a fuel tax increase as long as the money goes to highway projects, said Congress may decide to disguise a fuel tax hike as a surcharge to combat climate change.

Transportation is responsible for about a third of all U.S. carbon emissions created by burning fossil fuels. Traffic congestion wastes an estimated 2.9 billion gallons of fuel a year. Less congestion would reduce greenhouse gases and dependence on foreign oil.

"Instead of calling it a gas tax, call it a carbon tax," Whittington said.

Bottlenecks around the nation cost the trucking industry about 243 million lost truck hours and about $7.8 billion per year, according to the commission.

FORD
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Repeal the fucking tax "cuts" for the rich NOW. Repeal tax "cuts" to corporations NOW. Not just Chimpy's, but all the way back to 1981. Any person with two functioning brain cells will have to admit that is when this country started going to Hell in a fucking handbasket.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Red herring.

duh.

:gulp:

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Repeal the fucking tax "cuts" for the rich NOW. Repeal tax "cuts" to corporations NOW. Not just Chimpy's, but all the way back to 1981. Any person with two functioning brain cells will have to admit that is when this country started going to Hell in a fucking handbasket.

How is this related to the topic?

Incidentally - you must know that the U.S. has the highest corporate taxation in the developed world. Then you wonder why companies move their operations out of the U.S.?

And the country started going to hell before 1981. Maybe that's just when you started getting a fucking clue.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 05:33 PM

Incidentally - you must know that the U.S. has the highest corporate taxation in the developed world. Then you wonder why companies move their operations out of the U.S.?

And YOU must know they also have the biggest LOOPHOLES making the AMOUNT US Corps pay way less than many industrialized powers...

US Corps move for the reduced LABOR costs, not tax rates.

Also they move to escape prosecution and other liabilities see: Halliburton

Nickdfresh
01-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Um, where exactly are you getting these statistics? And please define the term "developed world."

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
And please define the term "developed world."

Places he's never been?

Guitar Shark
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Places he's never been?

:rofl:

Cut the guy a break, he lives in Yakima. :D

DEMON CUNT
01-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Cut the guy a break, he lives in Yakima.

Ha! The Palm Springs of Washington, no less. I grew up near that shit hole.

http://blogmedia.thenewstribune.com/media/users/colecosgrove/Yakima.jpg

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
And YOU must know they also have the biggest LOOPHOLES making the AMOUNT US Corps pay way less than many industrialized powers...

No, I don't know that. Unless you want to show me otherwise.

Public companies have to disclose how much they make and what they pay in taxes. You can calculate a straight percentage from what they really pay. And the bottom line is that the U.S. is at the top. That's reality.

US Corps move for the reduced LABOR costs, not tax rates.

Companies will move to save money, regardless of the source. Money is money. Do you think higher taxes are an incentive or a disincentive?

hideyoursheep
01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
....see: Halliburton

Funny you should mention that....http://wimp.com/videobanned/

:mad:

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 06:08 PM
I love all the hate just from stating a fact. Do you people hate your reality that much?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/appendix/appendix-b.html

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/69xx/doc6902/11-28-CorporateTax.pdf

And fucking lay off of Yakima. This place is sweet. :fucku:

hideyoursheep
01-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Public companies have to disclose how much they make and what they pay in taxes. You can calculate a straight percentage from what they really pay.

Go ahead and do that....right now...using your calculator...

Prove to all of us how "trickle down economics" work. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Companies will move to save money, regardless of the source. Money is money. Do you think higher taxes are an incentive or a disincentive?

Regardless of the source?

So NOW you're changing your argument.....

Make a post, and OWN it.

DEMON CUNT
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
And fucking lay off of Yakima. This place is sweet.

Hence your confusion of what is considered part of the "developed world."

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Regardless of the source?

So NOW you're changing your argument.....

Make a post, and OWN it.

I didn't say anything about trickle down economics, and I didn't say anything about labor rates.

I said 1) the U.S. is at the top of the list of corporate taxes rates among developed countries and 2) that is a disincentive to operating in the U.S.

Are you saying you disagree?

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
:lol:

BuckFag thinks that since the US has the [second highest in fact] highest base corporate tax rate, businesses leave.....

He has NOTHING whatsoever to support this claim, other than his own Yakima Public Schools GED, but whatever.....

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I said 1) the U.S. is at the top of the list of corporate taxes rates among developed countries ?

Bullshit.

Second highest.

And you STILL won't accept the FACT NO US Corps. PAY that rate, unless they're stupid.

Nickdfresh
01-02-2009, 06:27 PM

Public companies have to disclose how much they make and what they pay in taxes. You can calculate a straight percentage from what they really pay. And the bottom line is that the U.S. is at the top. That's reality.

Thanks for posting your sources.

http://www.wilddamntexan.com/kids/demotivators/Strawman.jpg

Guitar Shark
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey Nick what's happening bro? Did you end up playing in the DDLR basketball thing?

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 06:41 PM
And you STILL won't accept the FACT NO US Corps. PAY that rate, unless they're stupid.

And other countries have deductions and loopholes, also. Are you not offering support for your statements today?

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for posting your sources.

http://www.wilddamntexan.com/kids/demotivators/Strawman.jpg

How come Lounge was able to answer the question with my links, and you weren't? Do you ever feel like the slow kid in the room?

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 06:52 PM
And other countries have deductions and loopholes, also. Are you not offering support for your statements today?

nope.

Not into it today....

Just here for the laughs...

You can get wound up on your own, I suppose...

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:01 PM
nope.

Not into it today....

Just here for the laughs...

You can get wound up on your own, I suppose...

That's cool. Just write a little note for yourself that your posts are based in bullshit...in case you ever forget. :cato2:

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 07:04 PM
That's cool. Just write a little note for yourself that your posts are based in bullshit...in case you ever forget. :cato2:

I can always use your's as a reminder.....

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Wait...did you just do "I know you are, but what am I?" Oh, no you didn't! :alien:

(I've missed this one: :alien:)

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Wait...did you just do "I know you are, but what am I?" Oh, no you didn't! :alien:

(I've missed this one: :alien:)

I did.

In fact I almost put it into parentheses as I was posting it.....

:killer:

It's that kind of day...... just couldnt care less....

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:13 PM
It's because it's still the holiday. :cato2:

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 07:16 PM
It's because it's still the holiday. :cato2:

Yeah, s'pose...

Or maybe I've just resigned myself to the fact some people are lost causes....

Don't get me wrong. I think you're bright. A douche, but bright.

But I think you argue for the sake of arguing most times...

But WTF else if there to to do in Yakima, other than buy meth.

Nickdfresh
01-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Hey Nick what's happening bro? Did you end up playing in the DDLR basketball thing?

Why, indeed I did sir. And you? Any fantasy B-ball this year?

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Or maybe I've just resigned myself to the fact some people are lost causes....

I don't want to sit here and one-up you...but I think I resigned myself to that fact when I was about 12.

Douche.

But I think you argue for the sake of arguing most times...

I wonder what this forum would be if there was no argument. You giving Ford a reacharound?

Guitar Shark
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Why, indeed I did sir. And you? Any fantasy B-ball this year?

Nope, gave that up this year. Hope you're doing well.

Nickdfresh
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
How come Lounge was able to answer the question with my links, and you weren't? Do you ever feel like the slow kid in the room?

I didn't feel you.

That's why I asked. The silly links you provided, the first being some pansy CIA factbook that says nothing, the second that shows that US corporate income taxes are actually far below any country in the "developed word" --namely Western Europe-- by a wide margin...

I think the US was nowhere near any other nation aside from Germany, and I'm pretty sure that's a matter of semantics...

Try again, when you're finished ineffectually chasing scarecrows, twine-dick...

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't want to sit here and one-up you...but I think I resigned myself to that fact when I was about 12.

I meant in here mensa...

Not the real world. :rolleyes:

Herein lies the "argue for the sake of argument" point I was making....

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I didn't feel you.

That's why I asked. The silly links you provided, the first being some pansy CIA factbook that says nothing,

The CIA definition of 'developed country' is the generally accepted use. I think they list 36.

The second, from the CBO, shows that the US has the second-highest corporate taxes among the developed world. Lounge was able to get that from the source. Why weren't you?

I can give you the sources, but I'm not going to hold your dick for you while you piss. If you're that far behind, go to school.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
The CIA definition of 'developed country' is the generally accepted use. .

According to whom, exactly?

???

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I meant in here mensa...

Not the real world. :rolleyes:

Herein lies the "argue for the sake of argument" point I was making....

In here, out of here...what's the difference? People are douches everywhere.

Arguing is a good thing. You can quote me on that.

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:35 PM
According to whom, exactly?

???

Academics, I guess. That's what people refer to for "developed country" in reports and shit.

Now who's arguing for sake of arguing? Dude asks me what a "developed country" is, then when I show him, he busts my balls about it.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Academics, I guess. That's what people refer to for "developed country" in reports and shit.

Now who's arguing for sake of arguing? Dude asks me what a "developed country" is, then when I show him, he busts my balls about it.

I can think of quite a few OTHER source for what constitutes a "developed" country, before I'd quote the god dman CI fucking A

Shit, THEY'RE third world in my opinion....

UN, WTO, Doctors without Borders, Amnesty Int'l, NATO, fuck Greenpeace for that matter....

But to cite the fucking CIA on ANYTHING other than how to dick up intel, is just plain stupid...

Nickdfresh
01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
The CIA definition of 'developed country' is the generally accepted use. I think they list 36.

Except the developed countries have widely varying definitions of income taxes...

Few aside outside the EU would be taken seriously by most economists...

The second, from the CBO, shows that the US has the second-highest corporate taxes among the developed world. Lounge was able to get that from the source. Why weren't you?

I can give you the sources, but I'm not going to hold your dick for you while you piss. If you're that far behind, go to school.

Oh, okay. Then maybe you can explain why the US is only trailed by Germany and Iceland in regards to the lowest collected amount of corporate tax income collection percentages in regards to the GNP (the real measure of corporate income taxes)? Try reading your own fucking source, baby nuts...

BTW, Iceland is now fucked economically and I suspect Germany is lying a bit...

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:44 PM
I can think of quite a few OTHER source for what constitutes a "developed" country, before I'd quote the god dman CI fucking A

Shit, THEY'RE third world in my opinion....

UN, WTO, Doctors without Borders, Amnesty Int'l, NATO, fuck Greenpeace for that matter....

But to cite the fucking CIA on ANYTHING other than how to dick up intel, is just plain stupid...

Whether you like their function or reputation, I guess people respect their "World Factbook" for general info about countries around the world.

Think of it as a good byproduct from a useless blackhole of money... like Tang.

I have a new catchphrase I've been using on people: "Why you gotta do me like that?"

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Except the developed countries have widely varying definitions of income taxes...

You asked for the definition of developed country. Not the definition of income tax.

Cite?

Oh, okay. Then maybe you can explain why the US is only trailed by Germany and Iceland in regards to the lowest collected amount of corporate tax income collection percentages in regards to the GNP (the real measure of corporate income taxes)? Try reading your own fucking source, baby nuts...

BTW, Iceland is now fucked economically and I suspect Germany is lying a bit...

You have it backwards. You're looking at corporate income tax revenue as a percentage of GDP. Keep looking for corporate tax rates. You'll find it and catch up with the rest of the class eventually.

Maybe that source had too many pesky words for you? Try this one:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/1471.html

:alien:

kwame k
01-02-2009, 08:49 PM
In theory I'll agree with you Flag.....Technically, US Corps are taxed higher than most other Developed countries, on paper only. Here's what they should be paying; "Currently, the average combined federal and state corporate tax rate in the U.S. is 39.3 percent, second among OECD countries to Japan's combined rate of 39.5 percent.1" Link (http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/22917.html)

This is what our friends Goldman Sachs ends up paying, "After being granted TARP bailout funds from good friend and former boss Hank Paulson, Secretary of the Treasury, it turns out Goldman Sachs is paying a whopping paying 1% on $2.3BB in profits for 2009, down from a more respectable 39% in 2008." Link (http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/goldman-sachs-evades-taxes-takes-tarp-funds)

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Nearly two-thirds of U.S. companies and 68% of foreign corporations do not pay federal income taxes, according to a congressional report released Tuesday.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) examined samples of corporate tax returns filed between 1998 and 2005. In that time period, an annual average of 1.3 million U.S. companies and 39,000 foreign companies doing business in the United States paid no income taxes - despite having a combined $2.5 trillion in revenue.

The study showed that 28% of foreign companies and 25% of U.S. corporations with more than $250 million in assets or $50 million in sales paid no federal income taxes in 2005. Those companies totaled a combined $372 billion in sales for the largest foreign companies and $1.1 trillion in revenue for the biggest U.S. companies." Link (http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/12/news/economy/corporate_taxes/)

So while theoretically, Major US Corporations are taxed higher by the Federal and State Governments what they end up paying, back to our Government, is basically nothing. It looks good on the books and in the press but if you even do 5 mins of research you'll see they never pay the 30% +or- in actual money they owe. More like single digit percentages. Compound that fact onto what the IRS said several years ago about going after Big Corps as opposed to small business or individuals..........the IRS is shying away from big Corps because it costs too much money to fight them......it's easier to go after the little guy. Fair and balanced taxes haven't existed in this country in decades, if it ever did to begin with.

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Finally - a good response. :guzzle:

kwame k
01-02-2009, 08:59 PM

Too bad I was agreeing with Lounge and Nick :asshole::cato2:

sadaist
01-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Motorists are driving less and buying less gasoline, which means fuel taxes aren't raising enough money to keep pace with the cost of road, bridge and transit programs.

A federal commission created by Congress to find a way to make up the growing revenue shortfall in the program that funds highway repairs and construction is talking about increasing federal gas and diesel taxes.

A roughly 50 percent increase in gasoline and diesel fuel taxes is being urged by the commission until the government devises another way for motorists to pay for using public roads.

People buy less gas due to cost, so the government doesn't make as much money. So they decide to raise the taxes & total cost even more, which will only cause less purchases and less revenue. Business 101.

I don't understand how the government is so dependent on gasoline taxes, yet is pushing for hybrid vehicles and less gasoline consumption. Seems like they're killing their own cash cow.

kwame k
01-02-2009, 09:32 PM
People buy less gas due to cost, so the government doesn't make as much money. So they decide to raise the taxes & total cost even more, which will only cause less purchases and less revenue. Business 101.

I don't understand how the government is so dependent on gasoline taxes, yet is pushing for hybrid vehicles and less gasoline consumption. Seems like they're killing their own cash cow.

Gas is also tied into food and all consumer goods.........it's something like 80 or 90% of all good are trucked to their point of sale......henceforth and to wit, higher gas prices mean higher consumer goods prices. Not a very good idea in a recession.

The gas taxes were a way to pay for the road usage and back when they started these taxes no one thought of using less or hybrid. It's a totally new world we live and our Government needs to start playing catch up......luckily there's a guy coming into office that has a fucking clue.

sadaist
01-02-2009, 09:39 PM
...until the government devises another way for motorists to pay for using public roads.

Pay for using "public" areas? Wouldn't that make them private areas then?

Yeah, yeah, I realize we need to pay for the infrastructure we use, but these greedy bastards get us every which way they can. When we make it they call it income tax, when we spend whats left over they call it sales tax. Don't have cable, phone, water, electric, gas or internet service cause they all come with taxes too. Those would be for your house where you pay property tax. If what we spend it on is of a specific nature, they call it a registration and licensing tax. Be careful not to invest much because then you're back to income tax. If you actually are smart enough to save to buy something nice, watch out for the luxury tax. And if you save it and never spend it, uh-oh...death tax.

All these taxes I/we pay and yet I can't walk over to the Pacific Ocean and catch a fish without...you guessed it, paying a special tax for a license. Glad they can't tax sleep or masturbation or I'd really be up a creek.

sadaist
01-02-2009, 09:43 PM
It's a totally new world we live and our Government needs to start playing catch up......luckily there's a guy coming into office that has a fucking clue.

I didn't vote for him and I still have my doubts. But I can't wait for him to make me want to vote for him in 4 years. I want him to do so well by this country that I put a poster of him up in my living room and sing his praises from my rooftop. Inauguration = fresh slate for Mr. Obama in my book. Do us right.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 09:46 PM

Somebody not too bored with you to bother....

Must be your lucky day.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2009, 09:47 PM
I didn't vote for him and I still have my doubts. But I can't wait for him to make me want to vote for him in 4 years. I want him to do so well by this country that I put a poster of him up in my living room and sing his praises from my rooftop. Inauguration = fresh slate for Mr. Obama in my book. Do us right.

Can't really ask much more from anyone than this....

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Too bad I was agreeing with Lounge and Nick :asshole::cato2:

I would expect you to - otherwise it wouldn't be an 'argument.' :ky:

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 10:52 PM

I think you're attributing too much intelligence to the politicians. All they know is that they want to spend more money than they did last year and grease their friends any way they can. I think that's as far ahead as they think.

The road repair is a special kind of fiasco, because, in places I've lived, there's been some behind the scenes bullshit about hiring certain companies and building roads that purposefully needed frequent replacement. It's a fucking scam.

And, frankly, I don't know why the federal government is in the road business at all.

Blackflag
01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Somebody not too bored with you to bother....

Must be your lucky day.

Read: 'yeah...I could post like that...if I wanted to....'

:uck:

sadaist
01-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I think you're attributing too much intelligence to the politicians.

True. I was speaking more to the intelligence of the posters here...well, most anyways. Then somehow I must have tapped into something stored in one of my fat cells from 1987 and went on a tax rant. WTF?!

Nickdfresh
01-03-2009, 05:39 AM
You asked for the definition of developed country. Not the definition of income tax.

What's the definition of "irrelevant?"

Cite?

A specific example would be China. A nation that is in the "developed world" by any measure, but a nation which drastically under reports its defense budget by playing a shell game hiding how foreign arm sales profits are funneled directly to military spending...therefore, China's defense expenditures are a much higher proportion of their GNP than they would ever admit...

You can Google that yourself....

You have it backwards. You're looking at corporate income tax revenue as a percentage of GDP. Keep looking for corporate tax rates. You'll find it and catch up with the rest of the class eventually.

Well, actually you have your head up your ass...

If a nation's treasury is getting less in revenue, then corporations aren't paying as much in fucking taxes! are they?

Answer that question, my sophomoric prognosticator...

Maybe that source had too many pesky words for you? Try this one:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/1471.html

:alien:

LOL Posting partisan bullshit links now supported by delusional liber'tards? You've really lost your game, semantics douche-boy....

Most US corporations spend next to nothing in taxes and the "rates" are complete bullshit so fraught with loopholes, breaks, and incentives that it's disgusting...

So, much like your arguments here, the term "tax rates" is a semantic fraud...

Nickdfresh
01-03-2009, 05:42 AM

And the country started going to hell before 1981. Maybe that's just when you started getting a fucking clue.

-- Nearly two-thirds of U.S. companies and 68% of foreign corporations do not pay federal income taxes, according to a congressional report released Tuesday.

You must be a masochist and really enjoy being wrong...

So, your imbecilic Libertarian fantasy arguments that US tax rates are too high is complete bullshit in the real world? Am I right?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/bigev_bucket/dumbass-1.jpg

Blackflag
01-03-2009, 02:01 PM
And please define the term "developed world."

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/appendix/appendix-b.html

What's the definition of "irrelevant?"

---

Cite?

A specific example would be China.

---

LOL Posting partisan bullshit links now supported by delusional liber'tards? You've really lost your game, semantics douche-boy....

How can a table of data be "delusional?" It's data. Numbers.

---

So, your imbecilic Libertarian fantasy arguments that US tax rates are too high

Where did I say they're too high?

---

This is really kind of sad. Did you do a lot of drugs when you were younger?

LoungeMachine
01-03-2009, 03:01 PM
---

How can a table of data be "delusional?" It's data. Numbers.

?

LMAO

Really?

So If I show "data" claiming you've blown exactly 1/3 of the male population of Yakima, would that be delusional?

Or low?

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2009, 03:15 PM
So If I show "data" claiming you've blown exactly 1/3 of the male population of Yakima, would that be delusional?

Or low?

Hey now. Don't be a hater, Lounge! Meth don't pay for itself! :blow2:

Sgt Schultz
01-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I didn't say anything about trickle down economics, and I didn't say anything about labor rates.

I said 1) the U.S. is at the top of the list of corporate taxes rates among developed countries and 2) that is a disincentive to operating in the U.S.

Are you saying you disagree?

Use all the logic and facts you want friend, it ain't gonna dent the dunderhead Obamarxists in here.

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Use all the logic and facts you want friend, it ain't gonna dent the dunderhead Obamarxists in here.

Obamarxists!?! Ha ha! That's cute. Which one of the right wing reactionary celebrity talk show hosts did you pick that one up from?

How can Obama be a Marxist and Muslim at the same time?

hideyoursheep
01-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Funny how the "corporate taxes" issue was never an "issue" until there was a hint that in the very near future they would be required to finally pay their fair share.

Obama is coming...crank up the right-wing flamethrowers!
:rolleyes:

Blackflag
01-03-2009, 08:25 PM
LMAO

Really?

Or low?

If you back up the number with a cite to a reliable source, like the website did...then, yeah. Of course.

Starting to see the difference between statements backed by citations - and your bullshit - yet? If you still don't get it, go up and read Kwame's post again. Do what he does, cunt.

Nickdfresh
01-04-2009, 09:54 AM
If you back up the number with a cite to a reliable source, like the website did...then, yeah. Of course.

Starting to see the difference between statements backed by citations - and your bullshit - yet? If you still don't get it, go up and read Kwame's post again. Do what he does, cunt.

Actually, we're seeing how you're an intellectually inferior asswipe doing little more than argument trolling...

Where did I say they're too high?

---

This is really kind of sad. Did you do a lot of drugs when you were younger?

In your first fucking post in this thread, Princess Backpedal...

It's sad alright. BackPedalFlag gets owned again, and can't admit he doesn't know what he's talking about - so he resorts to obstification, sophistry, and shallow semantics - would it be any wonder if I did do a lot of drugs?

Nickdfresh
01-04-2009, 09:59 AM

Except your base opinion, based on some bullshit, shallow libertardian ideology (that poor US corporations are victims of paying too much in taxes and have to locate off shore - even though corporate profitability is as high as it has ever been while middle class wages have remained stagnet since the 1970s) is completely contradicted by all of them.

Can it be any plainer, dummy?

LoungeMachine
01-04-2009, 10:11 AM
LMAO

Blackflag
01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Except your base opinion, based on some bullshit, shallow libertardian ideology (that poor US corporations are victims of paying too much in taxes and have to locate off shore - even though corporate profitability is as high as it has ever been while middle class wages have remained stagnet since the 1970s) is completely contradicted by all of them.

Can it be any plainer, dummy?

Except you didn't challenge my opinion. You challenged the data on the website. Numbers are numbers. They're not "libertarian." Are the numbers in the CBO report "libertarian," too?

And my first post was not that they're "too high." "Too high" is an opinion.

I said they were the (second) "highest in the developed world." "Highest in the developed world" is a fact, not an opinion. Facts aren't "libertarian," they're just facts.

I mean, we can do this all day...you simply can't argue with somebody, such as yourself, who can't follow a thread of logic...or someone who can't recall what he just said in the last post. Somebody who can't distinguish fact from opinion.

You can't argue with somebody who can't think their way out of a wet paper bag. :cato:

As Lounge would say: LMAO.

Blackflag
01-04-2009, 03:47 PM
obstification,

Yeah, that's what I do...that's the ticket. Ha ha.

LoungeMachine
01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, that's what I do...that's the ticket. Ha ha.

I've heard admitting you have a problem, is the first step to recovery.....

or somesuch bullshit

Blackflag
01-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I've heard admitting you have a problem, is the first step to recovery.....

or somesuch bullshit

Hey, I admit I have big problems...but arguing isn't one of them. Unless you're saying I should join overarguers anonymous?

obstification - ob-sti-fi-ca-shun (noun) - The process of making up a word on an internet forum in order to sound more intelligent than the person actually is. See 'poser.'

Maybe he meant obfuscation? :lol:

LoungeMachine
01-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I prefer poseur

The "u" makes the word much more deadly.... ;)

LoungeMachine
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey, I admit I have big problems...but arguing isn't one of them. Unless you're saying I should join overarguers anonymous?

:

No, but I do think you should be Editor-At-Large for INTERNET ARGUMENT TROLLERS MONTHLY

:eatit:

Blackflag
01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Why you gotta do me like that? Ha ha. :ssmile:

LoungeMachine
01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
LMMFAO

Please send me a M when you get them printed up......

Blackflag
01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Isn't Nick from Omaha?

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/36909299.html

We need a smily that is fecal-related.

LoungeMachine
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Buffalo.

And just admit it. He's your best foil in here....

He keeps your shit in check.

homo

Blackflag
01-04-2009, 04:31 PM
You got me - I admit it.

Poor me. :cry:

LoungeMachine
01-04-2009, 04:56 PM
You got me - I admit it.

Poor me. :cry:

Keep your head up....

We'll always have Natedog and Go Spurs Go to own.....

[see: ducks, barrell, shooting]

GO-SPURS-GO
01-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Keep your head up....

We'll always have Natedog and Go Spurs Go to own.....

[see: ducks, barrell, shooting]

Heeeey.... What did I ever do to you? :confused:

hideyoursheep
01-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Heeeey.... What did I ever do to you? :confused:

You showed up...

Barely.

GO-SPURS-GO
01-05-2009, 03:14 PM
You showed up...

Barely.

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-398.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Scared-Smileys/)