PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida No. 2 blames Obama for Gaza fight

ELVIS
01-07-2009, 04:09 AM
By HADEEL AL-SHALCHI – Tue Jan 6, 2009

http://www.americanthinker.com/Obama%20reuters%20halo.jpg

CAIRO, Egypt (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090107/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_al_qaida_tape_gaza) – Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader lashed out at President-elect Barack Obama in a new audio message Tuesday, accusing him of not doing anything to stop Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip, according to an intelligence monitoring center.

The recording purportedly by Ayman al-Zawahiri was al-Qaida's first comments on the Gaza crisis since Israel launched its offensive against the Islamic militants of Hamas on Dec. 27.

In the comments, which were posted on a militant Web site and obtained by the SITE Monitoring Service, al-Zawahiri described Israel's actions in Gaza as a "crusade against Islam and Muslims" and called it "Obama's gift to Israel" before he takes office later this month.

"This is Obama whom the American machine of lies tried to portray as the rescuer who will change the policy of America," al-Zawahiri said, according to SITE. "He kills your brothers and sisters in Gaza mercilessly and without affection."

Al-Zawahiri, who is Egyptian, also criticized Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, calling him a "traitor" for keeping Egypt's border with the Gaza Strip closed since Hamas seized power.

"At the time when Israeli planes drop their bombs from the air, he closes the borders with his forces so that the plan of the killing of believers in Gaza is fulfilled," al-Zawahiri said, according to SITE.

He urged Egyptians and Muslims around the world to pressure Mubarak into opening the border and to take a more active role in fighting Israel.

Thousands of people in cities worldwide have held mass street demonstrations to protest Israel's offensive, but al-Zawahiri said those were not enough.

"Fight the Zionist Crusader campaign," al-Zawahiri said, according to SITE. "Strike its interests everywhere you can reach them. Support and back your mujahedeen brothers and children against them."

The audio message was accompanied by a still photograph of the al-Qaida leader sitting with a gun in his lap.

The recording could not be immediately verified, but SITE said it was posted on Web sites commonly used by Islamic militants. The recording also carried the logo for al-Qaida's media production house, Al-Sahab.

:elvis:

sadaist
01-07-2009, 04:33 AM
How can he be blamed when he's not even President yet? Laughable. Great picture too. Not enough out there already that make Obama appear to have a halo.

Diamondjimi
01-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Fuck the Middle East !

kwame k
01-07-2009, 09:05 AM
You know it's funny how Obama is already getting the blame and being looked upon as the President already.........he gets more press for his ideas and plans than Bush does.....says a lot about Dubya when he is largely ignored and a President-elect is already being looked to, to lead this country.

knuckleboner
01-07-2009, 09:37 AM
well, the conservatives should now be happy; if al qaeda hates obama, then barack can't be that bad...

Andy Taylor
01-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Why shouldn't the conservatives be happy? Pat Robertson is the latest person to speak positively of him and his 'middle of the road' cabinet aka a majorly right wing, Bush and Clinton era, pro-Israel cabinet.

LoungeMachine
01-07-2009, 11:11 AM
well, the conservatives should now be happy; if al qaeda hates obama, then barack can't be that bad...

Al Qaeda would have loved nothing more than 8 more years of BushCO.

Greatest thing to ever happen to them.

:gulp:

kwame k
01-07-2009, 11:20 AM
recruitment numbers have gone through the roof with Dubya at the helm.......ever watch this one on Frontline PBS...........
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cyberwar/view/

knuckleboner
01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Why shouldn't the conservatives be happy? Pat Robertson is the latest person to speak positively of him and his 'middle of the road' cabinet aka a majorly right wing, Bush and Clinton era, pro-Israel cabinet.

it was a mild joke.

those that thought/said/intimated that obama was a danger to this country because he was soft on terrorism, or worse...a MUSLIM!!!, could be happy that the terrorist organization does not approve of him. therefore, maybe obama's NOT such a danger to the country.

Andy Taylor
01-07-2009, 11:35 AM
it was a mild joke.

those that thought/said/intimated that obama was a danger to this country because he was soft on terrorism, or worse...a MUSLIM!!!, could be happy that the terrorist organization does not approve of him. therefore, maybe obama's NOT such a danger to the country.

I know. I was just trying to continue the debate from there.

That's what Robertson said too. That he was a skeptic but he changed his mind when he saw the right wing appointees.

Seshmeister
01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I haven't seen anything to make me think Obama won't keep on sending US bombs for Israelis to drop on Palestinian children.

Andy Taylor
01-07-2009, 11:47 AM
He's made his pro-Israel stance very clear I think.

Btw, cool, another VH'er in Scotland. I haven't been here long but I get the impression that people are even hardly aware of Halen around here.

LoungeMachine
01-07-2009, 11:52 AM
That's because the band died 25 years ago......

:gulp:

Andy Taylor
01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I've seen one person who hadn't heard of the name... sigh...

BITEYOASS
01-07-2009, 01:26 PM
How many fuckin no. 2s does Al-Queida have?!?! Or is this just the CIA or some privately funded neocon propaganda outlet feeding to the whores of the media?

Nickdfresh
01-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I haven't seen anything to make me think Obama won't keep on sending US bombs for Israelis to drop on Palestinian children.
l

I agree to an extent, but only to an extent...

The Israeli timing for this operation and their fabricated ultimatums indicate a certain fear that Obama will put more strings on the use of those weapons and force the Israeli gov't to actually fucking deal with Fatah...

I read an article about a month ago stating that even many Israelis are hoping that Obama pressures their gov't and won't hand them the blank check the Bushleague cronies did...

Andy Taylor
01-07-2009, 03:15 PM
l

The Israeli timing for this operation and their fabricated ultimatums indicate a certain fear that Obama will put more strings on the use of those weapons and force the Israeli gov't to actually fucking deal with Fatah...

Not a very good idea if you consider this:

Imprisoning a whole nation
22 May 2007

Consider how this power works. According to documents obtained by United Press International, the Israelis once secretly funded Hamas as “a direct attempt to divide and dilute support for a strong, secular PLO [Palestine Liberation Organisation] by using a competing religious alternative”, in the words of a former CIA official.

Today, Israel and the US have reversed this ploy and openly back Hamas’s rival, Fatah, with bribes of millions of dollars. Israel recently secretly allowed 500 Fatah fighters to cross into Gaza from Egypt, where they had been trained by another American client, the Cairo dictatorship. The Israelis’ aim is to undermine the elected Palestinian government and ignite a civil war. They have not quite succeeded. In response, the Palestinians forged a government of national unity, of both Hamas and Fatah. The latest attacks are aimed at destroying this.

DEMON CUNT
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM

I am afraid that you are correct on this.

BITEYOASS
01-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I have some no. 2s on a daily basis, but I don't put a mic in the toilet to check whether they start talking some BS. LOL :D

Nickdfresh
01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Not a very good idea if you consider this:

Imprisoning a whole nation
22 May 2007

Consider how this power works. According to documents obtained by United Press International, the Israelis once secretly funded Hamas as “a direct attempt to divide and dilute support for a strong, secular PLO [Palestine Liberation Organisation] by using a competing religious alternative”, in the words of a former CIA official.

Today, Israel and the US have reversed this ploy and openly back Hamas’s rival, Fatah, with bribes of millions of dollars. Israel recently secretly allowed 500 Fatah fighters to cross into Gaza from Egypt, where they had been trained by another American client, the Cairo dictatorship. The Israelis’ aim is to undermine the elected Palestinian government and ignite a civil war. They have not quite succeeded. In response, the Palestinians forged a government of national unity, of both Hamas and Fatah. The latest attacks are aimed at destroying this.

I'm well aware that Israel helped fund and organize Hamas as a "religious alternative" to the secular PLO/Fatah movement...

But what's your point? Unity gov't? Pul-eeze! These factions hate each other have had on and off again shooting battles for years.

BTW, Hamas essentially took Gaza by force from the Fatah groups. They had previously won elections, then were rolled back and were only elected as more or less of a "no vote" towards the corruption in Fatah. But there is no love lost between Fatah or Hamas...

ANd while I condemn the actions of Israel and ruthless, callous, and completely disingenuous. I also think the Palestinian fuckwits need to get their act together as well, they're NOT innocent in all this.

Andy Taylor
01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Well no they're not.