PDA

View Full Version : UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson!!!

Sarge
01-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Date: Jan 17, 2009

Venue: The 02
Broadcast: Pay Per View

MAIN CARD

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin
Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang
Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares
Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle
PRELIMINARY CARD

Alexandre Barros vs. Martin Kampmann
Antonio Mendes vs. Eric Schafer
Thomasz Drwal vs. Ivan Serati
Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway
Denis Siver vs. Nate Mohr

-----------------------

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin is the best fight and I am picking Rich Franklin
It's a pick-em fight. Henderson is one tough guy. In the prefight henderson said he was going to "Beat the shit out of Franklins Face"

I like Rich. It could go either way.

Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Wow one guy is ancient and the other is coming off surgery and a loss.
I gotta go with Shogun here. Coleman won the last fight fair and square, but I don't think he will get as lucky as last time when Shogun broke his arm.

Maybe we will see another Coleman meltdown?

Davis vs Lytle is going to be the fight of the night winner.

Thoughts?

hideyoursheep
01-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Gotta go with my homie, Rich.

Sarge
01-10-2009, 11:54 PM
This is a prety shitty card.. you got to admit!

hideyoursheep
01-11-2009, 02:55 AM
I probably wouldn't watch if it weren't for Franklin.

I'm still not so sure.

Coleman is a year older than me...WTF does he think he's doing in there?
A paycheck, maybe, but those title fighting days are over, man. He's gonna have to let it go sometime.

Sarge
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I can't wait to see how Coleman looks at 205 and without Roids.

He is going to look Puny.

I think Shogun is going to destroy him this time.

Anyways..
What I forgot to write on the top post was that they were inteviewing Franklin and they showed him a video of Henderson saying he was ging to "Beat the shit out of Frankilns Face"
Rich paused and laughed and said. "I am imagining myself in the middle of the ring laying in my own shit"

hideyoursheep
01-15-2009, 05:15 AM
What I forgot to write on the top post was that they were inteviewing Franklin and they showed him a video of Henderson saying he was ging to "Beat the shit out of Frankilns Face"
Rich paused and laughed and said. "I am imagining myself in the middle of the ring laying in my own shit"

Where is this? I gotta see it.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I see this one going the distance, both fighters are technically sound. Franklin wins on points. This is a huge fight for both fighters, neither can really afford a loss at this point in their careers.

Sarge
01-17-2009, 04:10 AM
I see this one going the distance, both fighters are technically sound. Franklin wins on points. This is a huge fight for both fighters, neither can really afford a loss at this point in their careers.

It is a bigger Fight for Henderson because he lost 2 since coming to the UFC(Silva, Rampage)
Franklin is coming in on a few wins.

I think Henderson might nullify all of Franklins strengths by taking him down and molesting him for 15 mins.
Can't wait.

hideyoursheep
01-17-2009, 05:24 AM
I think Henderson might nullify all of Franklins strengths by taking him down and molesting him for 15 mins.
Can't wait.

You think Henderson has a better ground game?

Sarge
01-17-2009, 06:21 AM
You think Henderson has a better ground game?

Henderson?
He is a former Olympic Wrestler in the 1992 and 1996 olympics.
He is dominant on the ground.

Rich Franklin is known primarily as a striker with good takedown defense.
He is decent at sub defense and has some jits.. but his strengths are in the standup game.

If Henderson can take him down and nullify those standup strengths, then I can see him winning.

hideyoursheep
01-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Henderson?
He is a former Olympic Wrestler in the 1992 and 1996 olympics.

Hmm....Didn't know that.

I haven't paid much attention to him.

hideyoursheep
01-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I, like a dumbass, looked at the results first....gonna go watch now.

hideyoursheep
01-17-2009, 09:12 PM
US FEED;

http://punchsports.blogspot.com/2009/01/basketball-tv.html

hideyoursheep
01-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Davis vs Lytle was a boxing match..I don't know how it could have been a split decision...Davis kept putting him down.
Davis doesn't have enough confidence on the ground?

hideyoursheep
01-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Horn looked like a marshmallow in that 1st round. I think i's over, but I'm gonna keep watching to see if he can pull off the unthinkable..

"Gumby"...LMAO!

Palhares broke his hand beating "The Sloppy Joe Assassin"? Did I hear that right?

hideyoursheep
01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Coleman is a scrappy ol fuck! Too bad he came in with 1/2 a tank.

Shogun says he's @ 100%? He'd better quit now.

Diamondjimi
01-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Agreed.
I think Coleman could've finished him off if it weren't for that uppercut...
Shogun should pack it in.Shit ,he barely beat a 44 y.o. tired horse.

hideyoursheep
01-18-2009, 01:02 AM
That's 2 Ohio boys that enter on AC/DC music!:rockit2:

The fight is starting, and I gotta take a piss!

Man, FUCK Henderson!
Pulling that Rick Flair shit! He fucking cheated! Headbutt and the eyes!?

I can't wait till he gets crushed!

:mad:

Diamondjimi
01-18-2009, 01:05 AM
That's 2 Ohio boys that enter on AC/DC music!:rockit2:
Man, FUCK Henderson!
Pulling that Rick Flair shit! He fucking cheated! Headbutt and the eyes!?

I can't wait till he gets crushed!

:mad:

Fuck , that motherfucker did not deserve that win!:monekyr:

hideyoursheep
01-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Franklin did everything to downplay those. If it were somebody who knew they were getting their ass kicked, and then that happened, they would have cried foul.

Sarge
01-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Davis vs Lytle was a boxing match..I don't know how it could have been a split decision...Davis kept putting him down.
Davis doesn't have enough confidence on the ground?

Davis is a former professional boxer. They both got "Fight of the night honors" and 40 thousand dollar bonuses.

Lytle lost because he had a boxing match with a professional boxer.
He could have taken Davis down, but he wanted to keep it standing because he wanted that fight bonus.

Lytle is actually a well rounded fighter. Davis is not very good on the ground.

That was a good fight..

Sarge
01-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Coleman is a scrappy ol fuck! Too bad he came in with 1/2 a tank.

Shogun says he's @ 100%? He'd better quit now.

Shogun looked horrible.
He was completely gassed. He had the same tank as a 44 year old man.
I can't imagine him beating anyone in the top 10.
He gets 250 thousand a fight.. I can't imagine the UFC keeping him around very much longer.

Chuck Liddell is fighting him in UFC 97 and if shogun loses.. then I think the UFC cuts him.

I think Chuck takes that fight.
Shogun didn't look explosive at all.

Sarge
01-18-2009, 06:50 AM
That was one of the worst MMA events I have watched. It seemed like everything went the distance.

Henderson beat Franklin... but it wasn't a dominating performance. That wasn't a good fight to watch.
The Shogun / Coleman match was an embarrassment to mma. Those guys are completely out of shape.

Can't wat for the Penn/ GSP fight at the end of the month.

hideyoursheep
01-18-2009, 05:37 PM
The Shogun / Coleman match was an embarrassment to mma. Those guys are completely out of shape.

I would see it as more of an embarrassment to Shogun.

redblkwht
01-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Im sure you will all laugh i'm buying into the next lesnar fight, i dont know if its
the wcw days or what, but i liked his last fight & want to know is he fighting soon?

hideyoursheep
01-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Im sure you will all laugh i'm buying into the next lesnar fight, i dont know if its
the wcw days or what, but i liked his last fight & want to know is he fighting soon?

He fights Frank Mir (again) but according to Dana White it won't be very soon..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PUmNlERNqzk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PUmNlERNqzk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like Lesner.
I don't know of any heavyweights who could manhandle that big SOB.

hideyoursheep
01-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Andrei Arlovski vs Fedor Emelianenko At Affliction M-1 "Day Of Reckoning" tonite.

Whose gonna watch?

hideyoursheep
01-25-2009, 04:37 AM
the Fedor fight from tonight...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kah1pASxbLQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kah1pASxbLQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sarge
01-25-2009, 05:35 AM
I have not watched that yet. Not going to watch it until they show it here later today.

!!!
Gearing up for Penn/GSP next weekend!