• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Chickenfoot/Spammy audio snippet now available

Got a decent groove going....

That is, until fatass opens his mouth with his typically stupid remarks....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sounds like Satriani's trying to find "the Brown Sound". Wouldn't it be ironic if Chickenshit sounded more like Van Halen than any of the Van Hagar records did?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Spammy's even trying to cop the old Roth "spontaneously Rap on the mike" thing. Fail.
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Wouldn't it be ironic if Chickenshit sounded more like Van Halen than any of the Van Hagar records did?
        No, it sounds like Joe Satriani playing thru a Joe Satriani amplifier, the JSX.

How about if they just write something cool that rocks, that I would want to buy. I buy what I like, I hate Hagar but I like metal guitar which hopefully if it doesnt' suffer under the girth of Hagar's fat beachball headblubbering I would check it out.

I enjoyed an HSAS tape once, but that was before the Redrimmed Rocker fucked up my favorite local band's sound forever. Still like the tape - haven't played it in a decade - but I like Neal Schon and his playing is great on it.

It is really annoying when he gives the shoutout "talk to me chief, is that that new thing Joe?" horseshit like they've played together as a band forever. If I'm so unfamilliar with it, why is Sammy so familliar with Joe?

Thats not right, from the get-go. Word to Sammy: write good music and stop being such a fake it fucks up the vibe YOU ARE NOT DAVID LEE ROTH you do not get permission to do that.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Damn GAR, that was one fine post....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Maybe it's the fact I'm on a Roth message board but that sounded like a well recorded jam session that any bar has done in basements all across the world. Nice groove but just plain nonsense when Sammy starts to sign or rap or whatever the fuck he's trying to do........you're in your 60's Jesus Christ act like it........you're not some up and coming young band.........fad following......lame.
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• katie
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Got a decent groove going....

That is, until fatass opens his mouth with his typically stupid remarks....

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

STEP AWAY FROM THE MICROPHONE, YOU ARE NOT DAVID LEE ROTH!

Poor Spammy, Put on this earth to be forever in Dave's shadow.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Joe Satriani deserves a better deal in life, than this.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

As bad as Joe as a singer, I'd rather hear him handling vocals over the flabby one...
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Top Jimmy
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

who is the drummer?

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Top Jimmy
                        who is the drummer?
                        Sadly it's Chad Smith.....a Michigan boy and a great drummer,albeit not groundbreaking but an old school funk drummer trapped in a modern rock based band.........why Chad oh why!
                        Originally posted by vandeleur
                        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

That clean intro sounds out of time and poorly played.....very suprising from JOE. Once it kicks in though, I dig it....sammys rap and all ( I think he says Joe one too many times though).
                          -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Zeppelin heard it and trembling issued a press release apologizing for their career.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                              Zeppelin heard it and trembling issued a press release apologizing for their career.
                              And the MacDonald's Corporation heard it, and quickly apologised for everything else.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...