PDA

View Full Version : I know you'll bash the source...

Big Train
01-22-2009, 01:11 AM
but it is hilarious to me as it is so spot on. Linked from Drudge:

Cyberalert on Liberal Media Bias
http://mrc.org/cyberalerts/2009/cyb20090120.asp

1. 'Honor of Our Lifetimes' for All Left-Wing MSNBC Anchor Team
Abandoning any pretense of balance, MSNBC's Inauguration coverage will be quad-anchored by four left-wingers: the network's three night time hosts -- Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow -- plus regular analyst Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post. has finaPlugging the team at the end of the 7 PM EST Hardball on Monday night, Matthews trumpeted how "this is one of the great opportunities in journalism to cover history in the face" and declared "it's going to be the honor of our lifetimes."

2. And Obama Shall Bring Tranquility to the Land...
Is there anything President-elect Barack Obama's very aura cannot make better? Apparently, he has eliminated road rage -- and even honking. ABC's David Muir, over video of stuck traffic followed by the sound of singing, in a Monday World News story on the crowds coming to Washington, DC: "So many of the streets are closed those that are open are clogged. But there were no car horns, no shouting. Instead, the San Francisco Boys and Girls choruses practicing for their Inaugural moment on the steps of the Capitol."

3. Woman on MSNBC Exclaims 'Santa Claus Loves' Obama
Never mind how Barack Obama will magically bring "diversity," "excellence" and "unity" to America, "Santa Claus" loves the incoming administration. Seconds before 5 PM EST Monday afternoon on MSNBC, anchor Tamron Hall asked a woman in the crowd around MSNBC's platform on Washington's Mall: "What do you think this next administration brings to the country?" The woman, wearing a Santa Claus hat more than three weeks after Christmas, excitedly replied: "I think they bring diversity. I think they bring a spirit of excellence. I think they bring unity and they bring love. Santa Claus loves them."

4. ABC Touts 'Obama-Stock,' 'American Pilgrimage' of D.C. Visitors
During Monday's Good Morning America, the show's anchors and reporters did not hold back on the hyperbole while discussing Barack Obama's inauguration. While co-host Diane Sawyer discussed those Americans who drove across country to see the inauguration of the 44th president, an ABC graphic trumpeted, "Inauguration of Barack Obama: The American Pilgrimage." During an earlier segment, referring to a star-studded concert for the President-elect, Sawyer gushed: "They are calling it Obama-Stock because the performances were unbelievable." In a third piece, former Clinton aide-turned journalist George Stephanopoulos breathlessly narrated how Obama has been handling final preparations for his speech: "...The President-elect is a real writer...He's in the tinkering stage, which means, like, he's even looking at each word and saying, 'Wait, do I need two syllables and not one?'"

5. CBS's Smith Goes Aboard Obama's Train: 'This Was Something More'
On Monday's CBS Early Show co-host Smith recounted being a passenger on Barack Obama's inaugural train on Saturday: "On a freezing cold Saturday, people stood for hours just to get a glimpse. They wanted to be able to say in the years to come, 'I was there that day when the train went through.'" In his fawning report, Smith used poetic language to describe the train ride from Philadelphia to Washington: "Barack Obama spoke of perfecting the Union, he spoke of common hopes and common dreams, he spoke of recognizing ourselves in one another...This was no mere victory tour, this was something more." Smith found two particular passengers, Patricia and Ted Stiles, who showed bipartisan support for Obama: "Patricia and her husband, Ted, are lifelong Republicans who supported Obama. What did you see when you looked out the windows today?" Patricia declared: "This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for this nation. I'm excited, Harry, let me tell you." Ted exclaimed: "I saw large groups of people, I saw small groups of people. They were standing on their cars. It's like watching a regeneration of our country."

6. On Train a 'Down-Home Folksiness' Between Journalists and Obama
Catching up with something from Saturday I just came across, Newsweek's Howard Fineman pointed out on MSNBC just before 6 PM EST, as the Obama-Biden train arrived at Washington, DC's Union Station, that he was reading "the pool reports that have been filed by reporters on the train and they refer to Barack Obama as PEBO, which is short for 'President-elect Barack Obama.'" Fineman felt that illustrated how "there's an intimacy and a familiarity on that train," presumably between the journalists and Obama, one shared by Fineman who hailed Obama's "many gifts" and saw "a down-home folksiness that belies the tremendous hopes that not only the country, but the whole world, have for him."

7. ABC Cites Only Democrats as 'Warriors' in Civil Rights Movement
On Monday's Good Morning America, co-host Robin Roberts chose to tout only Democratic politicians in a piece honoring the civil rights movement and those "warriors" who made Barack Obama's election as president possible. Not a single Republican was mentioned or featured in the segment. Roberts began by announcing, "And on this Martin Luther King Jr. Day, we thought it would be appropriate to look back at all the warriors, black and white, who made this moment where we are today possible." All the warriors? The piece went on to feature clips from eight Democratic politicians: Harry Truman, Hubert Humphrey, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Robert Kennedy, Barbara Jordan and Barack Obama, in addition to a number of non-political civil rights pioneers. Republican Abraham Lincoln went unmentioned, so did New York Governor Thomas Dewey who signed one of the nation's earliest civil rights laws in 1944 and President Ronald Reagan who made Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday a federal holiday in 1983.

8. CBS's Nancy Giles Describes 'Carnage' of Bush Administration
On Monday's CBS Early Show, co-host Maggie Rodriguez asked Sunday Morning liberal commentator Nancy Giles about the incoming Obama administration and Giles could not resist bashing Bush: "Well, Barack Obama's going to have his hands full with a lot of the carnage that was left by the previous administration." Republican strategist Bay Buchanan was seated next to Giles and Giles defended her statement: "I had to put it that way, Bay. It is carnage." Buchanan joked: "I was told it would cease-fire here for two days." Giles replied: "I know, I'm sorry, carnage just slipped out, but I mean, he's going to have his hands full." Co-host Harry Smith then chimed in, saying to Giles: "I spent the entire afternoon yesterday talking to people, and there were actually very few people who were echoing the sentiments you were echoing...There were some people who were angry and still carrying grudges. But moreover, it was a sense of for the moment, no more Republicans, no more Democrats, we're all on the same page, at least for a moment."

9. Olbermann Calls for Prosecution of Bush, Invokes Nazis & Slavery
On Monday's Countdown show, MSNBC host Keith Olbermann delivered his latest "Special Comment," in which he called on President-elect Barack Obama to prosecute President Bush and administration members on a charge of torturing prisoners, and invoked extreme examples such as slavery leading to the Civil War, and the handling of Germany after World War I leading to the rise of Nazism and World War II, to illustrate that "this country has never succeeded in moving forward without first cleansing itself of its mistaken past," and that Obama must try to prosecute Bush for the sake of the country's future. After quoting Bush's recent words about the interrogation techniques he authorized against 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and statements by Obama expressing reluctance to pursue prosecutions against the Bush administration, Olbermann began invoking extreme examples from history.

10. Before the Coming of Obama, Springsteen Slams Bush 'Nightmare'
This past weekend singer Bruce Springsteen got in his last anti-Bush licks as he vented to a British newspaper about how the Bush years have been a "nightmare" in which "thousands and thousands of people died, lives were ruined" because of Bush's policies: "The philosophy that was at the base of the last administration has ruined many, many people's lives. The deregulation, the idea of the unfettered, free market, the blind foreign policy. This was a very radical group of people who pushed things in a very radical direction, had great success at moving things in that direction, and we are suffering the consequences."

LoungeMachine
01-22-2009, 01:13 AM
:yawn:

Big Train
01-22-2009, 01:16 AM
I know if it were one of Ford's breathless "repub of the week" ones, the lube would be out for you I'm sure.

Just wanted to post the other side.

bueno bob
01-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Well. Sounds like an inaugeration to me. And a country that was pretty fucking tired of George W. Bush and Republican business as usual.

Whoda thunk it?

LoungeMachine
01-22-2009, 03:31 AM
I know if it were one of Ford's breathless "repub of the week" ones, the lube would be out for you I'm sure.

Just wanted to post the other side.

Feel free.

:yawn:

But you KNEW what was coming, hence your own thread title, so don't blame me for finding it ridiculous.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
01-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Well. Sounds like an inaugeration to me. And a country that was pretty fucking tired of George W. Bush and Republican business as usual.

Whoda thunk it?

Bush is a FAILURE = Liberal Media Bias

Country is hopeful Obama does better = Liberal Media Bias

:lol:

FORD
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Bush is a FAILURE = Liberal Media Bias

Country is hopeful Obama does better = Liberal Media Bias

:lol:

"Obama is NOT the President beacuse Roberts fucked up the oath" = Fair and Balanced (Chris Wallace - Faux Noize)

GAR
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Now that Barack retook the oath last nite completely, can't we give him a chance to heal this Nations' divisive wounds between North and South.. I mean, truly the last musket shot was fired almost 140 years ago now but come on let us all come together and swoon that the future promise in Lincoln's work is now fulfilled with electing a man who's primary qualification seems to be skin color and little else going on.

This is a complete failure by the Republican Party to competitively educate and clarify issues in the elections.. what a joke.

It should be that to register as a Republican you have to take a voting test like a drivers' license, and if you fail to acknowledge key disqualifications in a candidate the way you see warning signs in traffic like orange cones and hazard signs, like a dumbass you get to take a retest in 2 weeks while you study the basics of Right and Wrong from the booklet.

- and if you can't read, by default they let you register as Democrat and give you a paper crown like the kids get at Burger King. Because Democrats are special that way when any vote matters.

FORD
01-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Now that Barack retook the oath last nite completely, can't we give him a chance to heal this Nations' divisive wounds between North and South.. I mean, truly the last musket shot was fired almost 140 years ago now but come on let us all come together and swoon that the future promise in Lincoln's work is now fulfilled with electing a man who's primary qualification seems to be skin color and little else going on.

This is a complete failure by the Republican Party to competitively educate and clarify issues in the elections.. what a joke.

It should be that to register as a Republican you have to take a voting test like a drivers' license, and if you fail to acknowledge key disqualifications in a candidate the way you see warning signs in traffic like orange cones and hazard signs, like a dumbass you get to take a retest in 2 weeks while you study the basics of Right and Wrong from the booklet.

- and if you can't read, by default they let you register as Democrat and give you a paper crown like the kids get at Burger King. Because Democrats are special that way when any vote matters.

You got that backwards, library boy.....

Because it's the Republican party that RUNS illiterate candidates like Sarah Palin and Chimp Bush, while condemning educated people like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton as "elitists".

Redballjets88
01-22-2009, 09:54 PM
You got that backwards, library boy.....

Because it's the Republican party that RUNS illiterate candidates like Sarah Palin and Chimp Bush, while condemning educated people like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton as "elitists".

It goes both ways when I comes to having stupid voters. I mean the lazy and homeless love barack. The people who never made it out of school and now live off of welfare love barack. Just like the redneck mechanic thats going no where loves Bush.

Big Train
01-22-2009, 10:47 PM
The point for me is just to show how insane it's become on the MSNBC side. You can't claim how biased and "out there" Fox/FAUX News is without admitting MSNBC is just as out there with their love for Democrats, Obama in particular. It's a reaction to the ratings Fox gets, I understand that.

It's the "Fairness Doctrine" in all it's glorious wonder. No further laws needed.

FORD
01-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe if MSNBC was "for Democrats" 24/7 like Faux is for Repukes, that would be true.

But it's Keith, Rachel, and sometimes Tweety, that's three hours out of 24 at the most. Or six since they re-run the shows. Still only 1/4 of the day.

Faux had one token "Democrat", Alan Colmes. He was barely allowed to speak when he was there, and usually didn't say much when he did, because he was spineless. And now, even he's gone.

GAR
01-22-2009, 11:46 PM
It's always been difficult to follow your posts when you think you're so clever, every possible pun slur on a person or company's name you can pull off is okay that you do it.

I know I'm gonna get another "dnftt" but hey, I'll just say it one time you don't have to do that to gain gravity in a post because it's like a 5th grader doing armpit farts for the 75th, 76th times.. we stopped chuckling like, back in 2002 just FYI.

hideyoursheep
01-23-2009, 04:27 AM
It's always been difficult to follow your posts when you think you're so clever.

sometimes the truth is a tad bit hard to follow when your a Repuke with your head up Bush's ass!

Yup..

That would make it hard..

:rolleyes:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Faux had one token "Democrat", Alan Colmes. He was barely allowed to speak when he was there, and usually didn't say much when he did, because he was spineless. And now, even he's gone.

Well said my friend.... I might have actually watched that piece of dung show had they put someone on there that was allowed to engage in actual debate, rather than Colmes, who was constantly forced to sit their with his tail between his legs...

FORD
01-23-2009, 12:50 PM
The worst part of it is that I used to listen to Alan Colmes radio show occasionally when I had XM. They had him on the "America Left" channel for a while, and oddly enough on the radio, he actually stood up to his right wing callers and guests that appeared on his show.

If he had been more like his radio self on TV, the Hannity and Colmes show might have approached the intellectual level of the "Crossfire" template they so blatantly stole from.

(and I mean the original Ted Turner-owned CNN Crossfire with Pat Buchanan and various Democratic co-anchors. Not the later AOL-owned CNN Crossfire with Carville and Begala. That pretty much sucks too.)