PDA

View Full Version : Another Va. Tech student killed on campus

Fairwrning
01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
http://www.wsls.com/sls/news/local/new_river_valley/article/virginia_tech_murder_graduate_student_decapitated/25622/

This is just unreal..these two evidently knew each other so I do believe it was an isolated incident unlike what happened last April.
My soon to be 17 yr. old daughter has Va. tech on her list but she is probably gonna go to college out of state. I honestly hope she doesn't attend Tech at this point.
I am a bit appalled by the fact 7 witnesses did nothing. Last April, i could understand nobody physically trying to stop the nutcase with a gun. If it turns out 2 or 3 of these witnesses were male, well..somebody should have stepped in ... no way I let somebody get their head cut off in front of me in that situation.

FORD
01-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Geezus!:eek:

What the fuck is in the water on that campus?

Fairwrning
01-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Im not sure what the deal is with Oriental people in Blacksburg.
Can you imagine sending your daughter overseas or anywhere else and getting that call 2 weeks later.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah wrning, my 15 yr old is looking at Va Tech as well... Sure makes you rethink things....

LoungeMachine
01-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Im not sure what the deal is with Oriental people in Blacksburg.

Other than the fact they haven't been referred to as "Oriental" in 100 years or so?

:gulp:

FORD
01-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Other than the fact they haven't been referred to as "Oriental" in 100 years or so?

:gulp:

Or as a friend of mine once said, "Oriental is a rug, not a person, thank you!"

(She was Filipina-American, BTW. Not that it wouldn't be a good quote regardless)

Seshmeister
01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Same as Scotch being a drink...

FORD
01-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe that's where she got it? Next time I see her, I'll have to ask. It's a good quote either way.