PDA

View Full Version : Adolf Obamarx Kills More Civilians

Sgt Schultz
01-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090125/D95U5GUO1.html
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090125/capt.3918ab8773864ecb8d28ad1217e42a55.aptopix_afgh anistan__jab103.jpg?x=400&y=264&q=85&sig=GPUms6b7C0ZyOkEi2VDGTw--
Jan 25, 7:13 AM (ET)
By JASON STRAZIUSO and RAHIM FAIEZ

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - President Hamid Karzai condemned a U.S. operation he said killed 16 Afghan civilians, while hundreds of villagers denounced the American military during an angry demonstration Sunday.

Karzai said the killing of innocent Afghans during U.S. military operations "is strengthening the terrorists."
He also announced that his Ministry of Defense sent Washington a draft technical agreement that seeks to give Afghanistan more oversight over U.S. military operations. The same letter has also been sent to NATO headquarters.

Karzai in recent weeks has increasingly lashed out at his Western backers over the issue of civilian casualties, even as U.S. politicians and a top NATO official have publicly criticized Karzai for the slow pace of progress here.

The back-and-forth comes as the new administration of President Barack Obama must decide whether to support Karzai as he seeks re-election later this year as part of the United States' overall Afghan strategy.

Karzai's latest criticism follows a Saturday raid in Laghman province that the U.S. says killed 15 armed militants, including a woman with an RPG, but that Afghan officials say killed civilians.

Two women and three children were among the 16 dead civilians, Karzai said in a statement.
In Laghman's capital, hundreds of angry demonstrators denounced the U.S. military Sunday and demanded an end to overnight raids. U.S. military leaders, victims' relatives and Afghan officials - including two top Karzai advisers - met at the governor's compound to discuss the issue, Gov. Latifullah Mashal said.

"The U.S. military said 'We are sorry for this incident and after this we are going to coordinate our operations with Afghan forces,'" Mashal said.

Civilian deaths during U.S. operations have been a huge point of friction between the Afghan government and U.S. and NATO militaries. Many of the deaths happen on overnight raids by U.S. Special Forces who launch operations against specific insurgent leaders.

A U.S. investigative team that had planned to travel to the village - 40 miles (60 kilometers) northeast of the capital, Kabul - was canceled Sunday because of bad weather. U.S. military spokesman Col. Greg Julian said American officials hoped to visit the site on Tuesday, weather permitting.

"We do want to find out what the bottom line is, and we're kind of in a hands-tied position until we can get out there," Julian said. "And even when we get out there, it's based on what people say rather than being able to do a full forensic-type investigation."

Julian said that the U.S. military has photos showing militants fighting the U.S. coalition forces, but that the photos cannot be released to the public. He said the photos would be shown to Afghan officials.

Karzai last week told parliament that the U.S. and NATO have not heeded his calls to stop airstrikes in civilian areas. Karzai has recently sought to have more control over what kinds of activities U.S. and NATO forces can carry out. According to a copy obtained by The Associated Press last week, the draft technical agreement Karzai's government sent to Washington and NATO headquarters calls for:

- The deployment of additional U.S. or NATO troops and their location carried out only with Afghan government approval.

- Full coordination between Afghan and NATO defense authorities "at the highest possible level for all phases of military and ground operations."

- House searches and detention operations to be carried out only by Afghan security forces.

Civilian deaths are an extremely complicated issue in Afghanistan. Afghan villagers have been known to exaggerate civilian death claims in order to receive more compensation from the U.S. military, and officials have said that insurgents sometimes force villagers to make false death claims.

But the U.S. military has also been known to not fully acknowledge when it killed civilians.

After a battle in August in the village of Azizabad, the U.S. military at first said no civilians were killed. A day later it said about five died, and eventually a more thorough U.S. investigation found 33 civilians were killed. The Afghan government and the U.N. said 90 civilians were killed.
end story - - - -

This is only strengthening the Taliban

Dr. Love
01-25-2009, 12:38 PM
mmmm, I don't really think that particular nickname is very good nor likely to stick.

Spc. Graner
01-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090125/D95U5GUO1.html

Jan 25, 7:13 AM (ET)
By JASON STRAZIUSO and RAHIM FAIEZ

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - President Hamid Karzai condemned a U.S. operation he said killed 16 Afghan civilians, while hundreds of villagers denounced the American military during an angry demonstration Sunday.

Yeah! Great news, Sgt Schultz. Thanks for sharing. Strengthening the Taliban is sure to be good for our economy.

What is your 'collateral damage' celebration ritual? Do you drink a beer every time an enemy Islum dies? Put a smiley stamp on a calendar? Me, I poke my scrotum with a red hot needle when ever an evil Islum individual falls. To each their own, I suppose. :smoke2:

At this rate, I feel that Obama just might stack up a higher innocent civilian body count than Bush. :baaa: Enjoy those 72 virgins, y'all!

I love the smell of burning civilian flesh in the morning.

Ally_Kat
01-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I prefer the nickname B-Rock.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2009, 02:06 PM

[SIZE="3"]This is only strengthening the Taliban

So was sending US troops into Iraq, dummy. But you just loved that one!

BTW, since it was US troops who actually did the killing, should they be tried for warcrimes or something?

Do you think US soldiers are all babykillers now?

LoungeMachine
01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Why does Schultzy Hate The Troops?

:(

Nickdfresh
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Why does he hate America and love the Islamofascists?

Redballjets88
01-25-2009, 02:35 PM
2 months ago this argument looked a lot different.

LoungeMachine
01-25-2009, 02:50 PM
2 month ago you Neo-Con Shitbags wanted the Islamo-nutjobs all dead.....

Regardless of the cost.

DEMON CUNT
01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
It is funny how quickly the conservative mentality changes when a Democrat is in charge. All of a sudden they care about civilian casualties. Israel can do no wrong, but "Adolf Obomarx" better be absolutely perfect.

This is but two of the reasons why conservatives like the Schlutz and DrMaddVibe seem to be so defiantly ignorant.

Just look how proudly Schlutz displays all of this "Adolf Obomarx" crap. I'd laugh if it wasn't so gosh darn pathetic.

FORD
01-25-2009, 03:21 PM
This would be a good opportunity for a mod to try out the new "merge thread" feature. Unless you think we actually need two threads of the same shit, of course.

Andy Taylor
01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
It seems to me like the sides have switched somewhat. Although it's the conservatives being more inconsistent by far.

GAR
01-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Civillians killed, oh my! Obama should have those US Troops responsible brought up on charges, apologize to the families and survivors of the victims.. and then pinned with new badges, added stars for gallantry and a new pay upgrade.

FUCK Afgahanistan.

DEMON CUNT
01-25-2009, 03:36 PM
This would be a good opportunity for a mod to try out the new "merge thread" feature. Unless you think we actually need two threads of the same shit, of course.

Since they all end in an orgy of ownage that usually leaves Schlutz quietly tip toeing away from his own pet topics, I propose a "merge Sgt Schlutz threads" feature. This would leave him feeling embarrassed by a single thread as opposed to the half dozen we usually find floating around the Front Line on any given day.

Andy Taylor
01-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Schlutz quietly tip toeing away...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2009, 04:00 PM

Do it, works good...

Nickdfresh
01-25-2009, 05:19 PM
2 months ago this argument looked a lot different.

Feel free to provide specific examples, speaking for myself only of course...

Nickdfresh
01-25-2009, 05:20 PM

I thought about it, but am going to leave as is since each thread covers two different countries...

hideyoursheep
01-25-2009, 06:29 PM

So, then let 'em get strong enough to come out and be killed without hiding behind non-com's like the shit stains they are.

My pov on this has stayed the same.

Sgt Schultz
01-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Adolf Obamarx Now Is Authorizing the Murder or Iraqi Civilians
U.S. troops in Iraq kill couple, wound daughter in raid on home
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iraq25-2009jan25,0,3044639.story
By Ned Parker and Saif Hameed
January 25, 2009
Reporting from Baghdad -- U.S. forces killed a couple and wounded their 9-year-old daughter during a raid on their home in northern Iraq early Saturday, U.S. military and Iraqi officials said.

The U.S. military said the man was suspected of being part of the militant group Al Qaeda in Iraq, but local officials said he was a retired colonel with no links to insurgent groups.

Andy Taylor
01-25-2009, 07:30 PM
FUCK Afgahanistan.

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2006/08/falling-for-you.jpg

LoungeMachine
01-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I thought about it, but am going to leave as is since each thread covers two different countries...

And he'll just whine about being "censored" :(:cry:

Nickdfresh
01-25-2009, 09:12 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2006/08/falling-for-you.jpg

Oh shiite! That reminds me of a certain Tetras inspired animated GIF that caused an uproar here a while back!

Andy Taylor
01-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Maybe I should go looking for that gif!

Dr. Love
01-25-2009, 10:11 PM

Don't tell me how to mod my forum!!! ;)

bueno bob
01-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm complaining about this because Obama's a Democrat...

I'm curious, were you this vocal and critical over the last seven years?

I find it quite telling that NOW Republicans are willing to raise hell about the horrors of war, while for the last seven years they've managed to be extraordinarily silent about all of it while beating their chest about "spreading democracy" and "doing God's work", etc etc ad nauseum...

LoungeMachine
01-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh shiite! That reminds me of a certain Tetras inspired animated GIF that caused an uproar here a while back!

Yeah, I had that same flashback.

Wan't it Warham who had it removed?

:gulp:

FORD
01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
You mean this one?

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/51/Sep11.gif

LoungeMachine
01-26-2009, 12:04 AM
That's a little different than as I remember it...

But the gist of it's the same.

Jesus that thing caused an uproar here.

chefcraig
01-26-2009, 12:10 AM
I find it quite telling that NOW Republicans are willing to raise hell about the horrors of war, while for the last seven years they've managed to be extraordinarily silent about all of it while beating their chest about "spreading democracy" and "doing God's work", etc etc ad nauseum...

"Ha-ha...no weapons of mass destruction here...ooops, no weapons of mass destruction here, hardee har har..." http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-061.gif

Big Train
01-26-2009, 01:41 AM
I think they are just pointing out that "Mr. Diplomacy" seems to be shooting first just as often as Bush, Bueno. Those who don't buy into Obama that deeply feel that other than a few cosmetic touches, Obama really won't be all that far off from Bush's policies (right or wrong) at the end of the day.

Seshmeister
01-26-2009, 06:08 AM
That's a little different than as I remember it...

But the gist of it's the same.

Jesus that thing caused an uproar here.

Comedy = Tragedy + Time

Over the years I didn't post many hilarious 9-11 pics because I didn't think you guys were ready for them...

Nickdfresh
01-26-2009, 07:45 AM
I think they are just pointing out that "Mr. Diplomacy" seems to be shooting first just as often as Bush, Bueno. Those who don't buy into Obama that deeply feel that other than a few cosmetic touches, Obama really won't be all that far off from Bush's policies (right or wrong) at the end of the day.

And I think we've made the point that Obama, despite being the Democrat wanting to withdraw from Iraq, actually made statements re. Pakistan and their support for terror in various factions within the gov't there. I recall John McCain was the one that actually sounded like he was the dove in a debate over the subject...

As far as "diplomacy" there. Who do you talk too? The Paki gov't is a disunified mess of factions with much sympathy for the Taliban --as they created them to control Afghanistan...

LoungeMachine
01-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Comedy = Tragedy + Time

Over the years I didn't post many hilarious 9-11 pics because I didn't think you guys were ready for them...

Please don't lump me in with "you guys" on this one....

:gulp:

ELVIS
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Why, your a dumb Amairikin lyke the rest of usses oer here...;)

Yoo see, If Edinburgh Castle was bombed by that terra-ist George Bush, Intellektuals lyke Sesh wood be makin jokes and postin funny photoz about it widin 5 minuts of da attak...