PDA

View Full Version : Red States?? WHAT Red States????

FORD
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/mbvfkqqetkc4fggoe6m5_q.png

January 28, 2009
State of the States: Political Party Affiliation
Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Hawaii, and District of Columbia are most Democratic

by Jeffrey M. Jones
Page:12

This is the first in a four-part series on the "State of the States" to be released this week on Gallup.com. The series examines state-by-state differences in party affiliation, religiosity, consumer confidence, and employer hiring and letting go, based on Gallup Poll Daily tracking data collected throughout 2008.

PRINCETON, NJ -- An analysis of Gallup Poll Daily tracking data from 2008 finds Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Hawaii to be the most Democratic states in the nation, along with the District of Columbia. Utah and Wyoming are the most Republican states.

In 2008, Gallup interviewed more than 350,000 U.S. adults as part of Gallup Poll Daily tracking. That includes interviews with 1,000 or more residents of every U.S. state except Wyoming (885) and North Dakota (953), as well as the District of Columbia (689). There were more than 15,000 interviews conducted with residents of California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Florida.

This large data set provides the unique ability to give reliable estimates of state-level characteristics for 2008. Each sample of state residents was weighted by demographic characteristics to ensure it is representative of the state's population.

In order to rank the states on partisanship, Gallup analyzes "leaned" party identification by state. This measure adds partisan-leaning independents to the percentage who identify with either of the parties. Thus, the Republican total includes Republican identifiers and independents who lean Republican, and the Democratic total likewise includes Democratic identifiers and independents who lean Democratic.

This helps makes the state data more comparable because the percentage who identify as political independents varies greatly by state, from a low of 25% in the District of Columbia to a high of 53% in Rhode Island.

The accompanying map shows party strength by state for 2008, ranging from states that can be considered solidly Democratic (a Democratic advantage in party identification of 10 percentage points or more) to those that can be considered solidly Republican (a Republican advantage in party identification of 10 percentage points or more). States in which the partisan advantage is less than 5 points in either direction are considered "competitive."

Read more here (http://www.gallup.com/poll/114016/State-States-Political-Party-Affiliation.aspx)

GAR
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I wonder how Gallup will spin Stimulus Bill 2.0's failure when the Senate blocks it.

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Almost every map I can find looks more like this...

http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/electoral%20map%2012%20Oct.jpg

:elvis:

FORD
01-29-2009, 05:58 PM
No, that's the electoral map from the last election. And obviously, there would be some similarities, but Gallup was using other criteria besides just one vote in November.

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
No, its from this election...

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Here's a 2004 Electoral map...

http://politicalmaps.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/electoral-2004-s.jpg

FORD
01-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Last election = i.e. almost three months ago.

Nurse Presley, report to the cafeteria for caffeine injection, stat!

FORD
01-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Of course when you add in the Diebold factor to some of those allegedly "red" states on the electoral map, it's easy to see why they're actually leaning blue or competitive.

Georgia, for example. Blatantly stolen again, just as it's been every election since the "rob Georgia" memo of 2002.

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Well that first map you posted means little...

"The series examines state-by-state differences in party affiliation, religiosity, consumer confidence, and employer hiring and letting go, based on Gallup Poll Daily tracking data collected throughout 2008."

Consumer confidence and and hiring and firing ???

:rolleyes:

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Now splain how georgia was stolen...

FORD
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ukXaQsWTJrI/SJFB_4rSGqI/AAAAAAAABoQ/YjBoCBv-ES8/s320/diebold_ad_stalin.jpg

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Oh c'mon...

Redballjets88
01-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Though interesting, Gallup doesn't have the means to be as accurate as the election from 3 months ago.

I find it hard to believe that so many people changed their mind on their party affiliation in that amount of time.

FORD
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Though interesting, Gallup doesn't have the means to be as accurate as the election from 3 months ago.

I find it hard to believe that so many people changed their mind on their party affiliation in that amount of time.

Well look at your own state. I know Texas was running nearly dead even on the electoral maps for a while last fall. How many Texas Republicans were so embarrassed by the Chimp that they finally jumped overboard?

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Not that many...

Obaahaahaahaahaahma won the popular vote with 51.something %

FORD
01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Electoral landslide.... and that's what counts. :D

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Bush did better in 2000 and 2004...

FORD
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
No he didn't.

2000 - Chimp 271 (including stolen Florida vote), Gore 266.

2004 - Chimp 286 (including stolen Ohio vote), IsKerryot 251.

2008 - Obama 365, Melanoma Man 173

Redballjets88
01-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Well look at your own state. I know Texas was running nearly dead even on the electoral maps for a while last fall. How many Texas Republicans were so embarrassed by the Chimp that they finally jumped overboard?

the final tally was like 55% mccain 45% obama.

My state really isn't the one that throws me off, its Oklahoma. OK was the first state declared a Mccain victory on election day, and somehow now the population went over to Obama?

Redballjets88
01-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Hypothetical FORD, if G Dubya is so fuckin good at rigging elections why didn't he just do another job for the republicans this year?

Or did the diebold people like Obama better in the debates so the decided not to cheat this year?

FORD
01-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Hypothetical FORD, if G Dubya is so fuckin good at rigging elections why didn't he just do another job for the republicans this year?

Or did the diebold people like Obama better in the debates so the decided not to cheat this year?

The BCE only likes to be in power when there's something to steal. And that's one mission they really DID accomplish this time around. :(

hideyoursheep
01-30-2009, 04:30 AM
You know something?

I'm glad Bush won in '04.

That's right....I'm glad.

Had Kerry won, no other Dem would have run against him.

He would have been a lock for nomination last year.

The GOPussies couldn't have regrouped that quick to bring a formidable challenger after losing Bush's throne.

I honestly don't think Kerry is who I would want in there right now.

We made the right choice.

8 years too late..

FORD
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
But if we had the guy who SHOULD have been the nominee in 2004, we would be in year 5 of the Dean administration, and there wouldn't have been an economic fuckup like this. And Obama probably would have been elected in 2012 anyway.

thome
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
2008 Presidential Election: by county

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/red1.jpg

2008: by state
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/red.jpg

The Electoral College wins again

I am happy to be a mid-westerner could you imagine if we weren't here to keep the two freek show coasts.... from touching each other.....?

Bad Touchie....

matt19
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah and half the counties in the midwest are almost 4 times the size as in the smaller states, with less fucking people. Thome youre a god damn retard.

FORD
01-30-2009, 05:35 PM
I've driven through every state in the Mountain Time Zone, and there's a lot of unoccupied dirt and sand there. Some of it beautiful, some hopelessly desolate, but all of it with very little human life, and even the animals are mostly reptiles. Not exactly a voting power-house.

thome
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah and half the counties in the midwest are almost 4 times the size as in the smaller states, with less fucking people. Thome youre a god damn retard.

We are Gods compared to you and you fear me.

We own this country and let you stay.

We own the power, the land.

You own a loud mouthed newspaper and a fukking TV station, with loud mouthed cry baby cocksukkers sceaming.. give me ,give to me, bs all day long.

And all the coastal bitches listen.. in thier ivory student union halls and jack off to you .

And vote for change....as a production buzzword for this years "The President Show HD".

Fukk You, You Blind Punk!

P.S. Dear Cry Baby Candy Ass, don't ever question my countrys resolve again and these maps are direct off the census bureaus web site, do some research at a quality reff house instead of MSNBC.... Fukk Tard.

Next..