PDA

View Full Version : Iran nukes trump global economy...

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe Barack's letter to Mahmoud will clear up this 'misunderstanding.'

DAVOS, Switzerland (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090129/ap_on_re_eu/davos_forum_netanyahu) – Israeli election front-runner Benjamin Netanyahu told a session of the World Economic Forum on Thursday that preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons ranks far above the global economy among the challenges facing leaders of the 21st century.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090129/capt.ea993fcd5d7e41e88a901722d9e0f176.switzerland_ world_economic_forum_meu101.jpg?x=245&y=345&q=85&sig=RxbJXPxlkxAZjesTRHsjaQ--

Discussing leadership in crisis on a panel that also included British Conservative leader David Cameron, the hawkish Israeli Likud Party leader discussed the need for Israel to lower taxes and increase competitiveness if he emerges as prime minister after Feb. 10 elections.

Netanyahu, a former finance minister, said he believes the global financial meltdown is reversible if governments, businesses and people make the right decisions.

"What is not reversible is the acquisition of nuclear weapons by a fanatic radical regime ... We have never had, since the dawn of the nuclear age, nuclear weapons in the hands of such a fanatical regime," he claimed.

Iran has denied it is seeking to acquire nuclear weapons and says it is pursuing nuclear power for peaceful uses. It also denies it is engaged in terrorism, instead accusing Israel of terrorist policies against the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank, which were occupied by Israel after the 1967 Mideast War.

Asked about achieving peace in Gaza, Netanyahu swiftly turned his answer to Iran, which he said is in a "100-yard dash" to get nuclear weapons.

While he did not specify any planned military action, Netanyahu said that, if the Iranian rulers were "neutralized," the danger posed to Israel and others by Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah militants in south Lebanon would be reduced.

"We have had two wars with two Iranian proxies in two years and Persia has now two bases on the eastern Mediterranean," said Netanyahu, referring to this month's brutal fighting in Gaza against Hamas and Israel's 2006 war with Hezbollah in Lebanon.

"I think we are going to have to deal with neutralizing the power of the mother regime," he said. "The Hamas stronghold would be about as important, if Iranian power was neutralized, as Cuba was when the Soviet Union became irrelevant."

As prime minister, he said, he would "move rapidly to advance a workable peace" with moderates in the Palestinian Authority and work to "drive down the radicals."

"But all of this will fall by the wayside if the world fails to stop Iran from arming itself with nuclear weapons. It was and remains the greatest challenge facing the leaders of the 21st century at the beginning of the 21st century," he said.

Netanyahu said he saw no chance of peace with Hamas. "You know, what agenda can you have against an organization who seeks to obliterate you off the face of this earth," he said.

The comments come amid a heated election race in Israel that could bring about a Likud government pledged to strongly oppose Hamas and Hezbollah and allow existing settlements in the West Bank to expand — one of the main sources of anger between Arabs and Israelis.

Meanwhile, President Barack Obama's new Mideast envoy, George Mitchell, is visiting Israel this week. He met with Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, who, according to the Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot, told the envoy that Israel would be willing to evacuate some 60,000 settlers in the West Bank and hand over much of east Jerusalem as part of as part of any permanent peace arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians.

But that policy would be in doubt if Likud wins. The latest election polls show Likud leading Olmert's centrist Kadima party and its candidate for prime minister, Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, by about five seats in the 120-seat parliament. Olmert, who is facing corruption allegations, is stepping down.

The polls show Likud and other hawkish parties winning a majority in the parliament, giving Netanyahu the best chance to form a government.

:elvis:

Jesus Christ
01-29-2009, 08:58 PM
*Sigh.... *
This man is NOT a good representative of My chosen people. :(

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh, so when you post as Jesus you pretend to give a shit about Israelis ??

Jesus Christ
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh, so when you post as Jesus you pretend to give a shit about Israelis ??

I was born in Bethlehem, lived most of My life in Nazareth and the last part in Jerusalem. What do ye think?

GAR
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah, why not come on down here and fight like a Man?

ELVIS
01-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah FORD...

Be the human shield you often dream about...

:elvis:

Jesus Christ
01-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Behold, My return to Jerusalem shall come soon enough. Sooner than some of ye may think, actually. And non existent Iranian weapons shalt be the least of thy worries when that time comes.

Andy Taylor
02-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Netanyahu is the most far right nutjob you can think of in Israel. Taking his rationalisations seriously is like thinking Cheney makes sense.

Nickdfresh
02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Um, fuck Nutenyahoo! Maybe he can explain why only Israel is allowed to have anywhere from 200-400 nuclear weapons?

WACF
02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Um, fuck Nutenyahoo! Maybe he can explain why only Israel is allowed to have anywhere from 200-400 nuclear weapons?

Because being as small as they are...and hated on each border...you need to be able to punch above your weight class to survive.

Right or wrong...that is just the way it is...

Nickdfresh
02-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Because being as small as they are...and hated on each border...you need to be able to punch above your weight class to survive.

"Hated" on which border? There is no Arab (or Iranian) military that can even begin to seriously threaten Israel conventionally, and the ones that come the closest (Egypt) have treaties with them, or at least an implicit understanding of nonaggression...I understand that Israel felt the need to develop nukes (at least partially via espionage on the United States), but it makes me take their opinions on this issue with a serious grain of salt since they refuse to acknowledge this as at least part of the situation with the Iranians...

It also makes the "Holocaust Apocalypse" argument about Iran getting a bomb just so they can use it on Israel first thing a bit ludicrous as well when Israel already has one of the worlds largest arsenals on not just nukes, but probably of chems and bios as well...

WACF
02-25-2009, 11:29 PM
...that was fucked up.....

WACF
02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
"Hated" on which border? There is no Arab (or Iranian) military that can even begin to seriously threaten Israel conventionally, and the ones that come the closest (Egypt) have treaties with them, or at least an implicit understanding of nonaggression...I understand that Israel felt the need to develop nukes (at least partially via espionage on the United States), but it makes me take their opinions on this issue with a serious grain of salt since they refuse to acknowledge this as at least part of the situation with the Iranians...

It was not always that way...and they will not forget...regardless of what they signed with Egypt.

Their armour is made to hold ground first...take it secondary...the way they look at it is they will be the ones attacked.

I would think the biggest threat they see....and the only threat that actually exists on a nuclear level...is a small attack via suicide bomber...I would think the farther away nukes are the happier they would be.

It also makes the "Holocaust Apocalypse" argument about Iran getting a bomb just so they can use it on Israel first thing a bit ludicrous as well when Israel already has one of the worlds largest arsenals on not just nukes, but probably of chems and bios as well...

Pretty much...for any country to outright attack Israel would have huge consequences...I doubt anyone would take that chance.

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 06:34 AM
If Israel gets serious they will apprehend a guy that will be found carrying a dirty bomb in their territory and then use that as a pretext to bomb that guy's country to smithereens. These are the same diabolical schmucks that send their own disguised as Arabs to carry out terrorist attacks. Don't be incredulous, that's what a former Mossad head said.

Seshmeister
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM

By that argument we need to give the Palestinians nukes as soon as possible.

FORD
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
If Israel gets serious they will apprehend a guy that will be found carrying a dirty bomb in their territory and then use that as a pretext to bomb that guy's country to smithereens. These are the same diabolical schmucks that send their own disguised as Arabs to carry out terrorist attacks. Don't be incredulous, that's what a former Mossad head said.

Mossad's slogan is "by deception, thou shalt make war". They play as dirty as the CIA, if not worse. It's always been my theory that most of the so-called "suicide bombers" are actually MK-Ultra'd brainwashed zombies, and that their bomb vests are probably detonated remotely. Not that desperate people are incapable of desperate acts, but it's uncanny that such incidents always increase exactly when the Israeli right wing needs them the most.

Nickdfresh
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Um, no Ford. There are plenty of bloodthirsty assholes on the Palestinian side and I ain't giving them a free pass either with conspiratorial crap. They also put their citizens at risk and do in fact use them as human shields, and the Israelis seem to enjoy shooting through the human shields...

A pox on both their fucking houses!

FORD
02-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Like I said, desperate people will commit desperate acts. And certainly they do in some cases. But it's a real stretch to believe actual Palestinians would time their actions to benefit the Likud right wing (i.e. shortly before an election or some potential step forward in the peace process - which the Likudists have no interest in, just like the neocons on this side of the planet)

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Mossad's slogan is "by deception, thou shalt make war". They play as dirty as the CIA, if not worse. It's always been my theory that most of the so-called "suicide bombers" are actually MK-Ultra'd brainwashed zombies, and that their bomb vests are probably detonated remotely. Not that desperate people are incapable of desperate acts, but it's uncanny that such incidents always increase exactly when the Israeli right wing needs them the most.

That slogan is interesting isn't it? It's always strange how even things that people admit to aren't noted by others.

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Nick, I question the use of human shields very much. If you mean fighting from amidst a crowded population, what's the alternative? That's where they live pretty much.

WACF
02-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Um, no Ford. There are plenty of bloodthirsty assholes on the Palestinian side and I ain't giving them a free pass either with conspiratorial crap. They also put their citizens at risk and do in fact use them as human shields, and the Israelis seem to enjoy shooting through the human shields...

A pox on both their fucking houses!

yup....

Israel will strike because it is tired of Hamas, Hezbollah using innocent people or the UN as a shield.

It wants everyone who sheilds them to fear both sides.

When Israel destroyed that UN observation post a few years ago it was no accident.

The Canadian killed had written in a article for the CBC how Hezbollah would come up to post and fire mortars into Israel.

The UN would not allow them to deter them...which in his opinion was playing with fire...and when Israel chose to make a point he paid with his life.

It all was washed away with the "old maps" and "Officer in the field made a mistake" defence.

They are a dangerous bunch in that part of the world...all guilty.

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 02:06 PM
How convenient for those in the US (and western hemisphere) to call someone out there a dangerous bunch after they created this mess through their meddling and continuing support of the crisis. It's like talking of South American and Afghan terrorists when they were trained by and within the U.S.

WACF
02-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Nick, I question the use of human shields very much. If you mean fighting from amidst a crowded population, what's the alternative? That's where they live pretty much.

They can not face Israel toe to toe because they will be annihilated...so they fight the only way they can survive...and that is too use human sheilds.

WACF
02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
How convenient for those in the US (and western hemisphere) to call someone out there a dangerous bunch after they created this mess through their meddling and continuing support of the crisis. It's like talking of South American and Afghan terrorists when they were trained by and within the U.S.

What....you do not think they are dangerous?

I would not vacation there I tell ya that....

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 02:15 PM
What....you do not think they are dangerous?

I would not vacation there I tell ya that....

Maybe you've got links to the human shields bit from a source other than Zionist?

Sure, the middle east is full of venemous vipers who want to draw each other's blood.

WACF
02-26-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/11/03/israel-palestinians.html

You should remember this one....I made sure it was a CBC link...they lean heavy to the left.

WACF
02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Here is a different example of Israelis doing it...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzI1YTBE5U4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzI1YTBE5U4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM

I did too, until it was verified by independent journalists that were hardly shills for Israel....

They did in fact fire from inhabited homes. But by the same token, the Israelis also bombed the fuck out of pretty much everywhere indiscriminately without regard to civilians and guarded collapsed buildings containing children in the rubble that could have been possibly saved, or only survived by miracle......

But Hamas are assholes who had no problem bringing much of this onto their people...

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
This may be true. I'd still like to know more of what happened (not asking you to look up more). Is there a chance that they were cornered anyway and had to fire...

swage33
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM

You know, when I see ignorance like this it becomes really hard not to name-call and belittle you on a personal level. I really have a huge problem with such an ignorant post. If you have loved ones....don't tell them that you posted this in public...they are shamed by it.

Picked apart:
If I train you to kill and you decide to do the wrong thing with this training....shame on you!

Israel is our ally

We support our allies

We condemn the actions of our Ally's attackers

you're an ignorant piece of dog shit and you should never post again!....sorry, tried to contain myself....will try harder next time.

kwame k
02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Sorry dude, Afghanistan terrorist were supplied by us, ever heard of Charlie Wilson? We didn't know at the time that arming and funding the Afghan's fight against the Russian's would have this consequence but even ask Charlie Wilson and he admits it lead to that.

He blames the fact that we just felt them there to rebuild and the Taliban filled that role, for rebuilding, but saying that we didn't arm them and fund them is a lie.

swage33
02-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry dude, Afghanistan terrorist were supplied by us, ever heard of Charlie Wilson? We didn't know at the time that arming and funding the Afghan's fight against the Russian's would have this consequence but even ask Charlie Wilson and he admits it lead to that.

He blames the fact that we just felt them there to rebuild and the Taliban filled that role, for rebuilding, but saying that we didn't arm them and fund them is a lie.

I'm not saying that we didn't fund and arm them. I saw the movie...thought it was great. Clearly we armed a "tool" that we could use against our enemy. I agree with the movie...we should have helped rebuild the country instead of pulling out after the objective was achieved. Hindsight is 20/20...DUDE. I agree with your post and the end message of the movie. Whats your point?

kwame k
02-26-2009, 08:51 PM
My point is that we propped up and help these people get their weapons and training. Just like Iraq. The movie was good but the book was better and so was the History Channel's story on Charlie.

http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Wilsons-War-George-Crile/dp/078618941X

My response was directed towards what you said to Andy......We did prop these people up and it bit us in the ass.....I agree hinsight.......we were fighting the cold war and never thought past that.......same thing Bush and his administration did.....tried to fight terra-ist using cold war tatics....

swage33
02-26-2009, 09:01 PM
My point is that we propped up and help these people get their weapons and training. Just like Iraq. The movie was good but the book was better and so was the History Channel's story on Charlie.

http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Wilsons-War-George-Crile/dp/078618941X

My response was directed towards what you said to Andy......We did prop these people up and it bit us in the ass.....I agree hinsight.......we were fighting the cold war and never thought past that.......same thing Bush and his administration did.....tried to fight terra-ist using cold war tatics....

The fact of the matter is, our whole war apparatus was geared towards a rogue state. If you have territory you would like to protect, we can take it from you and keep you from taking ours. Guerrilla warfare is something our institutions did not know how to deal with. When I say institutions, I mean military right down to domestic law. There are those here that think the prisoners should have been given access to our court system....can you imagine the circus that would create? I think Bush did the best he could with the ink he had to read. Geneva convention?...would have been extended to uniformed soldiers from an enemy state. But, nomads with bombs?....no way.

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 09:02 PM
You know, when I see ignorance like this it becomes really hard not to name-call and belittle you on a personal level. I really have a huge problem with such an ignorant post. If you have loved ones....don't tell them that you posted this in public...they are shamed by it.

Picked apart:
If I train you to kill and you decide to do the wrong thing with this training....shame on you!

Israel is our ally

We support our allies

We condemn the actions of our Ally's attackers

you're an ignorant piece of dog shit and you should never post again!....sorry, tried to contain myself....will try harder next time.

Your reaction is understandable, you're a numbnut.

The US trains terrorists for the purpose of terrorism and you try to justify it. But don't let these moral issues keep you up at night. Support Israel, gawd bless Americuh!

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Furthermore...

All we hear is Ameri-caca
Ameri poo poo
Ameri caaaa ca

America, what's new?
America? No one still loves youuuuuuuuuuuu

kwame k
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
The fact of the matter is, our whole war apparatus was geared towards a rogue state. If you have territory you would like to protect, we can take it from you and keep you from taking ours. Guerrilla warfare is something our institutions did not know how to deal with. When I say institutions, I mean military right down to domestic law. There are those here that think the prisoners should have been given access to our court system....can you imagine the circus that would create? I think Bush did the best he could with the ink he had to read. Geneva convention?...would have been extended to uniformed soldiers from an enemy state. But, nomads with bombs?....no way.

To an extent......after Viet Nam the generals were commissioned to come up with a doctrine that would never allow for that to happen again.....The Powell Doctrine, which clearly states boots on the ground.......ie, overwhelming force both in troops and machinery.....for the initial war and the occupation......didn't do that in Iraq or Afhganstan......clearly defined goal and objectives.....never happened in Iraq and Afghanistan...........an exit strategy.....well, we know how that turned out......

Our failure in Iraq and Afghanistan had more to do with Rumsfeld and the politicians than it did with our generals....they fucked the whole thing up and never allowed our generals to fight the wars the way they wanted to.

swage33
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey! I'll have you know there are several nerve endings and feelings coming from my nuts, buddy! So, IN YOUR FACE!

swage33
02-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Furthermore...

Ameri poo poo
Ameri caaaa ca

America, what's new?

I got nothing....just read that shit....defend it if you can.....fuck!

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey! I'll have you know there are several nerve endings and feelings coming from my nuts, buddy! So, IN YOUR FACE!

No, in your mom's face!

swage33
02-26-2009, 09:22 PM
To an extent......after Viet Nam the generals were commissioned to come up with a doctrine that would never allow for that to happen again.....The Powell Doctrine, which clearly states boots on the ground.......ie, overwhelming force both in troops and machinery.....for the initial war and the occupation......didn't do that in Iraq or Afhganstan......clearly defined goal and objectives.....never happened in Iraq and Afghanistan...........an exit strategy.....well, we know how that turned out......

Our failure in Iraq and Afghanistan had more to do with Rumsfeld and the politicians than it did with our generals....they fucked the whole thing up and never allowed our generals to fight the wars the way they wanted to.

Don't you think vietnam is quite different than arab terrorists? Do I really have to give a dissertation on the the difference between indiginous guerilla tactics and global guerilla tactics? This country has seen the vietnam situation before...we were the guerillas against the British.

kwame k
02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
No shit......the Powell Doctrine was commissioned after Viet Nam and to stop a quagmire that was Viet Nam. No jackass I don't need a dissertation......Jesus Christ! You're using the Chewbaca defense aren't you?

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:61727" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=http://www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

FORD
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Furthermore...

Ameri poo poo
Ameri caaaa ca

America, what's new?

Most people still love America. They just hate what the BCE did to us. Obama's pretty much universally loved though.

And you should go with a GOOD Queen song next time. They really went downhill with that one.

swage33
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I am a jackass, perhaps you do need a dissertation but not from a jackass. I'm done.

kwame k
02-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I am a jackass, perhaps you do need a dissertation but not from a jackass. I'm done.

Thank God!

swage33
02-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Thank God!

GOD HATES YOU! really, I'm just goofing off now.

kwame k
02-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Right on! Oprah loves you and so does Dr. Phil!

The point I was trying to make was.......we went about fighting and invading countries without listening to our generals and learning from our past mistakes. I am not saying Iraq was even close to a Viet Nam, Afghanistan maybe. We never won the heart and minds of the people, we never had a clearly defined mission, and Bush Co had some vainglorious notion that we would be greeted as liberators and democracy would flourish. When we needed more troops to sustain the occupation Rumsfeld said no.......somehow this fallacy about the surge took hold.....when years before that was exactly what all the generals on the ground were asking for.......it was a typical politician's war.

swage33
02-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Right on! Oprah loves you and so does Dr. Phil!

The point I was trying to make was.......we went about fighting and invading countries without listening to our generals and learning from our past mistakes. I am not saying Iraq was even close to a Viet Nam, Afghanistan maybe. We never won the heart and minds of the people, we never had a clearly defined mission, and Bush Co had some vainglorious notion that we would be greeted as liberators and democracy would flourish. When we needed more troops to sustain the occupation Rumsfeld said no.......somehow this fallacy about the surge took hold.....when years before that was exactly what all the generals on the ground were asking for.......it was a typical politician's war.

I have to agree with most of that...misunderstood you somewhere down the line. I love Dr. Phil too but that Oprah is a cold, cold bitch.

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Most people still love America. They just hate what the BCE did to us. Obama's pretty much universally loved though.

And you should go with a GOOD Queen song next time. They really went downhill with that one.

I like a lot of things about American culture.

But how many people still love America? Most Europeans, Canadians, Asians, Africans, S. Americans? It's still in the in thing to bash America especially among Euro trash.

Don't care that much for Queen anyway... I never liked a complete album.