PDA

View Full Version : Oh My GOD! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

Nickdfresh
02-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Cheney Warns Of New Attacks
Feb 4, 2009(The Politico) This story was written by Jim VandeHei, John F. Harris, Mike Allen.Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed.

In an interview Tuesday with Politico, Cheney unyieldingly defended the Bush administration’s support for the Guantanamo Bay prison and coercive interrogation of terrorism suspects.

And he asserted that President Obama will either backtrack on his stated intentions to end those policies or put the county at risk in ways more severe than most Americans - and, he charged, many members of Obama’s own team - understand.

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said.

Protecting the country’s security is “a tough, mean, dirty, nasty business,” he said. “These are evil people. And we’re not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek.”

Citing intelligence reports, Cheney said at least 61 of the inmates who were released from Guantanamo during the Bush administration - “that’s about 11 or 12 percent” - have “gone back into the business of being terrorists.”

The 200 or so inmates still there, he claimed, are “the hard core” whose “recidivism rate would be much higher.” He called Guantanamo a “first-class program,” and “a necessary facility” that is operated legally and with better food and treatment than the jails in inmates' native countries.

But he said he worried that “instead of sitting down and carefully evaluating the policies,” Obama officials are unwisely following “campaign rhetoric” and preparing to release terrorism suspects or afford them legal protections granted to more conventional defendants in crime cases.

The choice, he alleged, reflects a naïve mindset among the new team in Washington: “The United States needs to be not so much loved as it needs to be respected. Sometimes, that requires us to take actions that generate controversy. I’m not at all sure that that’s what the Obama adminstration believes.”

The dire portrait Cheney painted of the country’s security situation was made even grimmer by his comments agreeing with analysts who say this recession may be a once-in-a-century disaster.

“It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen,” Cheney said. “The combination of the financial crisis that started last year, coupled now with, obviously, a major recession, I think we’re a long way from having solved these problems.”

The interview, less than two weeks after the Bush administration ceded power to Obama, found the man who is arguably the most controversial - and almost surely the most influential - vice president in U.S. history in a self-vindicating mood.

He expressed confidence that files will some day be publicly accessible offering specific evidence that waterboarding and other policies he promoted - over sharp internal dissent from colleagues and harsh public criticism - were directly responsible for averting new September 11-style attacks.

Not content to wait for a historical verdict, Cheney said he is set to plunge into his own memoirs, feeling liberated to describe behind-the-scenes roles over several decades in government now that the “statute of limitations has expired” on many of the most sensitive episodes.

His comments made unmistakable that Cheney - likely more than former President Bush, who has not yet given post-White House interviews— - is willing and even eager to spar with the new administration and its supporters over the issues he cares most about.

His standing in this public debate is beset by contradictions. Cheney for years has had intimate access to the sort of highly classified national security intelligence that Obama and his teams are only recently seeing.

But many of the top Democratic legal and national security players have long viewed Cheney as a man who became unhinged by his fears, responsible for major misjudgments in Iraq and Afghanistan, willing to bend or break legal precedents and constitutional principles to advance his aims. Polls show he is one of the most unpopular people in national life.

In the interview, Cheney revealed no doubts about his own course - and many about the new administration’s.

“If it hadn’t been for what we did - with respect to the terrorist surveillance program, or enhanced interrogation techniques for high-value detainees, the Patriot Act, and so forth - then we would have been attacked again,” he said. “Those policies we put in place, in my opinion, were absolutely crucial to getting us through the last seven-plus years without a major-casualty attack on the U.S.”

Cheney said “the ultimate threat to the country” is “a 9/11-type event where the terrorists are armed with something much more dangerous than an airline ticket and a box cutter - a nuclear weapon or a biological agent of some kind” that is deployed in the middle of an American city.

“That’s the one that would involve the deaths of perhaps hundreds of thousands of people, and the one you have to spend a hell of a lot of time guarding against,” he said.

“I think there’s a high probability of such an attempt. Whether or not they can pull it off depends whether or not we keep in place policies that have allowed us to defeat all further attempts, since 9/11, to launch mass-casualty attacks against the United States.”

If Cheney’s language was dramatic, the setting for the comments was almost bizarrely pedestrian. His office is in a non-descript suburban office building in McLean, in a suite that could just as easily house a dental clinic. The office is across the hall from a quick-copy store. The door is marked by nothing except a paper sign, held up by tape, saying the unit is occupied by the General Services Administration.

At several points, Cheney resisted singling out Obama personally for criticism, at one point saying he wants to give him a break after just two weeks in office. He said he admires Obama’s choice to keep Defense Secretary Robert Gates on the job.

But if he treated Obama gingerly, Cheney was eager to engage in the broader philosophical debate he has with Democrats and even many in his own party about the right way to navigate a dangerous planet. He said he fears the people populating Obama’s ranks put too much faith in negotiation, persuasion, and good intentions.

“I think there are some who probably actually believe that if we just go talk nice to these folks, everything’s going to be okay,” he said.

He said his own experience tempers his belief in diplomacy.

“I think they’re optimistic. All new administrations are optimistic. We were,” he said.

“They may be able, in some cases, to make progress diplomatically that we weren’t,” Cheney said. “But, on the other hand, I think they’re likely to find - just as we did - that lots of times the diplomacy doesn’t work. Or diplomacy doesn’t work without there being an implied threat of something more serious if it fails.”

As examples of the dangerous world he sees - and one he predicted Obama and aides would find “sobering” - were Russia’s backsliding into authoritarianism and away from democracy, and the ongoing showdowns over the nuclear intentions of Iran and North Korea.

But it was the choice over Guantanamo that most dominated Cheney’s comments.

“If you release the hard-core al Qaeda terrorists that are held at Guantanamo, I think they go back into the business of trying to kill more Americans and mount further mass-casualty attacks,” he said. “If you turn ’em loose and they go kill more Americans, who’s responsible for that?”

Of one alternative - moving prisoners to the U.S. prisons - Cheney said he has heard from few members of Congress eager for Guantanamo transfers to their home-state prisons, and asked: “Is that really a good idea to take hardened al Qaeda terrorists who’ve already killed thousands of Americans and put ’em in San Quentin or some other prison facility where they can spread their venom even more widely than it already is?”

While Cheney’s words were dire, his own mood was relaxed, even loquacious. He was not on crutches - much less the wheelchair he rode to Obama’s inauguration - from an injury while moving a box of books into his new home.

Suddenly a man of leisure, Cheney has a Kindle, Amazon’s wireless reading device, and said he used it recently to read James M. McPherson’s new “Tried by War: Abraham Lincoln as Commander in Chief.”

About a week ago, he had a phone conversation with former President George W. Bush, the first time the two had talked since they appeared together at a rally at Andrews Air Force Base just after Obama’s swearing-in.

“He’s fine,” Cheney said. “We had a pleasant chat on the phone. It was a private, personal conversation - not about policy. We’re both citizens - civilians.”

Other highlights of the 90-minute interview:

# What Cheney called “the trillion-dollar so-called stimulus bill”: “It looks to me like there’s a lot of stuff in there that has nothing to do with stimulus - it’s a sort of a wish list of a lot of my congressional Democratic friends,” he said.

# The potential consequences of $1 trillion in deficit stimulus spending: “It’s huge, obviously - potentially huge. You worry about what ultimately happens to inflation. You worry about what’s going to happen to the ability of the government to borrow money. … I’m nervous.”

# Whether the Bush administration should have done more about the economy: “We did worry about it, to some extent. … I don’t think anybody actually foresaw something of this size and dimension occurring. It’s also global. We only control part of the world economy - a very important part.”

# On the chance of progress in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process in the foreseeable future: “I think it’s unlikely.”

After leaving office, Cheney and his wife, Lynne, went first to his home in Wyoming, then returned to Washington to enjoy their grandchildren. He’s working on a book about his career, which has included stints as a House member, White House chief of staff and secretary of Defense.

His daughter, Liz Cheney, the former principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affair, supervised the interview and at one point was looking for a tape recorder.

“I’m not a very good press aide,” she joshed.

Cheney found one on his own. “See, you don’t need staff,” she said.

CBSNews/ThePolitico (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/04/politics/politico/main4774312.shtml)

Coyote
02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Such fear-mongering...

Nickdfresh
02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Funny how worried Dick is about terra-ists using WMDs, but yet, he decided to place the emphasis on invading oil rich countries rather than strengthening our borders and ports....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Attaturk/cheneymclovin.jpg

Nickdfresh
02-04-2009, 05:22 PM
OOooopps! Wrong forum. if you can punt this to the Front Line?

Coyote
02-04-2009, 06:15 PM
And it's good!

FORD
02-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Fucking just die and go to Hell already you war criminal piece of shit.

(Sorry Satan, but he's gotta go somewhere)

kwame k
02-04-2009, 07:12 PM
The scary thing is.....this motherfucker actually believes he did the right thing and didn't doing anything wrong........

LoungeMachine
02-04-2009, 07:12 PM

Nick didnt misplace the thread on purpose, FORD

No need to get hostile.

:gulp:

FORD
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
The scary thing is.....this motherfucker actually believes he did the right thing and didn't doing anything wrong........

Yeah, well I believe that was the case with Hitler too :meinsmiley:

kwame k
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
This fucking interview is the gift that keeps on giving......

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said.

No sir, I worried when you destroyed Habeas Corpus........:dafinger:

chefcraig
02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Whether the Bush administration should have done more about the economy: “We did worry about it, to some extent. … I don’t think anybody actually foresaw something of this size and dimension occurring. It’s also global. We only control part of the world economy - a very important part.”

It's nice to learn that every so often some consideration was given to the economy. Of course, one gets the impression that the discussion centered around Cheney's own interests. Then again, this is coming from a guy that once shot his friend's face off, then had the friend hold a press conference to apologize for getting in the way.

It's a reality that is just a tad different than the one the rest of us inhabit.

kwame k
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
“They may be able, in some cases, to make progress diplomatically that we weren’t,” Cheney said. “But, on the other hand, I think they’re likely to find - just as we did - that lots of times the diplomacy doesn’t work. Or diplomacy doesn’t work without there being an implied threat of something more serious if it fails.”

Ah, Dick the word Diplomacy means...." skill in handling affairs without arousing hostility : tact"

BITEYOASS
02-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope it's a slow and painful death for Dick.

GAR
02-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Funny how worried Dick is about terra-ists using WMDs, but yet, he decided to place the emphasis on invading oil rich countries rather than strengthening our borders and ports....

Dipshit, they were former Ottoman Empire, British-owned, American developed principalities before "they" were even a country!

Iraq, Iran, Libya.. Egypt, all that shit between 2 world wars belonged to us, and we had to go and make them their own nations so that we could put a fence around that oil the UK and the US prospected, developed, drilled and pumped.

Go do your Wikipedia homework on what countries you're talking about because with the US/UK they are worthless people and would be living in mud huts to this day without us.

Oil invasion my ASSHOLE that oil is ours

FORD
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Dipshit, they were former Ottoman Empire, British-owned, American developed principalities before "they" were even a country!

Iraq, Iran, Libya.. Egypt, all that shit between 2 world wars belonged to us, and we had to go and make them their own nations so that we could put a fence around that oil the UK and the US prospected, developed, drilled and pumped.

Go do your Wikipedia homework on what countries you're talking about because with the US/UK they are worthless people and would be living in mud huts to this day without us.

So then, by that logic..... If I break into your trailer while you're at the library, and take your entire life savings (estimated $4.98) then its legally mine because I put all that hard work into casing the trailer park and figuring out when the best time to break in was.

Oh, BTW I'm on my lap top right now from your trailer..... Say bye-bye to your crack money.

kwame k
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM

Your ignorance in history is only overshadowed by your total failure to comprehend...........

ODShowtime
02-04-2009, 10:46 PM
whoah this article is from today?

I thought we didn't have to hear this shit anymore

Hardrock69
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Funny, I would say the odds of Dickless Cheney having a massive heart attack within the next 2 years are far greater than the odds of a major nuclear attack anywhere in the world in the next 20.

MUSICMANN
02-05-2009, 12:58 PM

War criminal, please. You actually think the ex vice president is a war criminal, for what was was happening at Gitmo and standing by his policies.

Do you actually label these terroist's as a POW. Men who fight for no country or established army in which only then under the Geneva rules and regualtions can adhere them to be labeled as a POW.

The United States wasn't torturing POW's, they were and still are handling animals that have no sympathy for human life.

If it were up to me, i would have loaded them on a ship missiled the fuck out of it and sunk that bitch.

If you think you can extend an olive branch out to these type of people and get one back in return, you are only making yourself look like an ass.

Sorry for being so brazen, but this type of talk pisses me off.

GAR
02-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Oh, BTW I'm on my lap top right now from your trailer..... Say bye-bye to your crack money.

I knew that was your camper parked at the gate!

I saw Washington plates with blacked out windows, but the top vent open. Certainly someone's living in there, stalking me I thought, probably FORD trying to hide out from his wife's nagging.

GAR
02-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Your ignorance in history is only overshadowed by your total failure to comprehend...........

OK so let's hear your version, about how ancient Saudi camel jockeys pulled in for some water and found the wells puddled with blob of oil they could use for lamps.

Lets' have you now tell the tale of Algerian geological science and how they advanced the physics of detecting hydrocarbon deposits thousands of feet below the surface, the shale sands, below the water table, below everything. That must be one heck of a development, maybe we stole that before they stole it back again from the French in the name of "nationalizing" which began one big, ugly trend of broken oil contracts throughout the Middle East.

I'd found it interesting to read your elaborate efforts to describe for the group how NY Bankers and CIA assasinations, plots, overthrow and supportive governmental leadership has led to less stability in the Middle East during it's heydays of 1920's up to the 70's, not more.

Please, do take the time in this moment of my failed understanding to eclipse my retardedness with the brilliance of your corrections. Not because I give a shit for these Mud Peoples, but because apparently your comprehension is so vast my foolish attempts to learn the truths of History are eclipsed O Wise One.

GAR
02-05-2009, 01:50 PM
More was spent on developing the oil fields after WW2 than was spent on WW2 and if you Libs equate money to life, you'll understand how connected these contracts are to the quality of life in the Western World.

We're not done by the formation of OPEC. Big business doesn't forget a fiscal grudge like the unpumped treasure we've discovered over there, and it will never ever stop until the West gets its' fair shake.

For how long you ask? How long were those contracts in the 30's: a 100 years? Then 100 years it is, subtract 40 or less on it (up to each individual's Nationalization of the oil wells) and that's what's fair.

And it isn't just the Middle East, Hugo Chavez did the same fucking shit in Venezuela to the oil companies, and that guy's a downright shaved ape! He broke the contracts too the UK and US had with Venezuela, then he did it with the broadcast industry after it pumped like 10 billion in to develop it.

The CIA needs to go in and fucking blow some more shit up and get back to the business of the Black Art of Sabotage if you ask me. Too long have these morons of the world been allowed to breathe and we need our shit back. OUR shit, per signed agreements with stupid fucking Mud People.

FORD
02-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Mud people??

Geezus, that's right out of Aryan Nations Training Manual 101.

No point in denying you're a racist bitch anymore, after that.

Why don't you move to Russia? At least you could work at Mc Donalds there.......

http://www.englishrussia.com/images/oldtimers1/white2.jpg

FORD
02-05-2009, 03:00 PM
War criminal, please. You actually think the ex vice president is a war criminal, for what was was happening at Gitmo and standing by his policies.

FUCK his "policies". I expect the Vice President of the United States to stand by the Constitution and the Geneva Convention.

Do you actually label these terroist's as a POW. Men who fight for no country or established army in which only then under the Geneva rules and regualtions can adhere them to be labeled as a POW.

I "label" them as individuals who are being held illegally without a trial. And that being the case, they are not guilty of anything. So put them on trial, if there's any evidence against them. If there's not any evidence, then why are they being held at all?

The United States wasn't torturing POW's, they were and still are handling animals that have no sympathy for human life.

Sounds like Darth Cheney himself.

If it were up to me, i would have loaded them on a ship missiled the fuck out of it and sunk that bitch.

So you want to kill a bunch of innocent people, because 19 dead assholes supposedly killed another bunch of innocent people. Yeah, that's logical.

If you think you can extend an olive branch out to these type of people and get one back in return, you are only making yourself look like an ass.

Sorry for being so brazen, but this type of talk pisses me off.

This isn't about THEM, or even the fictional myth of THEM which the BCE counts on people like you to believe in.

It's about THIS country, and what America fucking stands for. And America does not stand for torture and holding people without trial and conviction. Not that our justice system is perfect (Ask Leonard Peltier) but at least it worked, in theory, before Chimp & Darth threw it in the toilet.

GAR
02-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Well, this year being agreed we no longer make use of the N word out of respect, I'm curtailing its use in the previously-popular "Sand-N*****"

You should likewise have respect for me, as I'm basing what I see on AlJazeera TV from Youtube showing these people live in.. mud.

Afghanistan? Cliffs, pushing goats around in the dirt. Need a link?
Yemenis? Mud bricks, adobe brick yards are made of mud mixed with cowshit. Need a link?

If you want, I can liberalize it a bit further and go "cowshit-hut peoples" but by the very nature of these jokers that would be insulting to the cow which shat for the brick.

Mud is the most base material, a perfect description for the status of near-Aborigine living at its finest. I feel it's quite appropriate.

MUSICMANN
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
FUCK his "policies". I expect the Vice President of the United States to stand by the Constitution and the Geneva Convention.

I "label" them as individuals who are being held illegally without a trial. And that being the case, they are not guilty of anything. So put them on trial, if there's any evidence against them. If there's not any evidence, then why are they being held at all?

Sounds like Darth Cheney himself.

So you want to kill a bunch of innocent people, because 19 dead assholes supposedly killed another bunch of innocent people. Yeah, that's logical.

This isn't about THEM, or even the fictional myth of THEM which the BCE counts on people like you to believe in.

It's about THIS country, and what America fucking stands for. And America does not stand for torture and holding people without trial and conviction. Not that our justice system is perfect (Ask Leonard Peltier) but at least it worked, in theory, before Chimp & Darth threw it in the toilet.

So, what you believe in, is that these are regular people, until they do something personally to you or your family.

For the life of me i can't see why some people can't trust the US military and see that these men were not just picked up and snatched from their homes for no reason. These guys were captured with weapons blazing trying to kill American soilders.

These guys don't deserve any type of US trial or for that matter be tried in any other countries courts.

Like i've stated, go back and do some research on the Geneva rules and regualtions that regard what and what does not make a POW.

These guys live and breath in a lawless world that is not part of any country or military. They do not deserve the same rights that America gives and gave in all other wars.

Let's be honest. What we are talking about is waterboarding and sleep deprevation. So, they play some VH on 12 all night so they can't sleep, as well as make them think they are going to drown. If this is what it takes to make those thugs talk and save American lives, so be it.

FORD
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Bullshit. You know goddamn well that "mud people" is a racist term for anyone with brown skin. It has nothing to do with what their houses are made of.

GAR
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I "label" them as individuals who are being held illegally without a trial.

Labels are for jars.

If the troops that captured the badguys had been labeled according to these "individuals" they'd be clearly written on the toetags and body bags as "KIA" and when your dead, legalities no longer apply.

Unfortunately when ideologists initiate warfare, the biggest weapon going is that ideology intel rolling up there in the guy's peanut and if weren't for that, they wouldnt be taken alive to hear pussies argue over him would they?

I'm with MUSICMANN on this: give them a free ticket back to Somalia, Egypt, Pakistan, Iran etc. but make 'em exit the plane without a parachute and let noone say we didn't return them to their countries of origin.

GAR
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
It has nothing to do with what their houses are made of.

That's their culture as represented in many many documentaries, but you may be right because neither have I been there nor can I refute the possibility those documentaries and video journals were made in 800AD.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwJt7dSofuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwJt7dSofuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rikk
02-06-2009, 02:17 AM
More was spent on developing the oil fields after WW2 than was spent on WW2 and if you Libs equate money to life, you'll understand how connected these contracts are to the quality of life in the Western World.

We're not done by the formation of OPEC. Big business doesn't forget a fiscal grudge like the unpumped treasure we've discovered over there, and it will never ever stop until the West gets its' fair shake.

For how long you ask? How long were those contracts in the 30's: a 100 years? Then 100 years it is, subtract 40 or less on it (up to each individual's Nationalization of the oil wells) and that's what's fair.

And it isn't just the Middle East, Hugo Chavez did the same fucking shit in Venezuela to the oil companies, and that guy's a downright shaved ape! He broke the contracts too the UK and US had with Venezuela, then he did it with the broadcast industry after it pumped like 10 billion in to develop it.

The CIA needs to go in and fucking blow some more shit up and get back to the business of the Black Art of Sabotage if you ask me. Too long have these morons of the world been allowed to breathe and we need our shit back. OUR shit, per signed agreements with stupid fucking Mud People.

Jesus Christ.

I read this drivel and feel even more confident that trying to even make sense out of any of your other posts is a futile exercise.

You are a racist, outdated windbag with a silver spoon in your mouth, a heart full of hatred and no sense of the complicated nature of any of these conflicts, let alone the complicated nature of any of these countries or regions.

All in all, you're a spoiled brat.

I've rolled my eyes and felt my stomach churn at your nauseating, idiotic posts for years...but you're managing to hit new lows. But take no pride in this...you're not really outraging the masses so much as you're gaining pity. Your sense of what is fair and logical American thinking almost makes me feel that you really need a Holiday in Cambodia.

Shit, you're stupid.

LoungeMachine
02-06-2009, 06:09 AM
Go do your Wikipedia homework on what countries you're talking about

:lol:

fucking priceless

omg.

idiot.

LoungeMachine
02-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Dipshit, they were former Ottoman Empire,

An entire empire based on putting your feet up

-Jerry Seinfeld.

[oops, I dont own the "copy-write" to that, GAR]

ELVIS
02-06-2009, 08:13 AM
This bullshit is no different than Obama threatening us with if we dont pass this spending package now we may be in an irreversal recession and catastrophe...

What a leader...:Mad:

Impeach this bastard...

:elvis:

ELVIS
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
And Oshitma has already backtracked on his intentions to end the policies in question...

Fucking Chicago communist organizing bastard...

WACF
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM

Wow....that is some fucking amazing work there....

Where does your sense of entitlement come from?

You worry about the Liberals contolling your country and taking away your freedom of choice...yet you make statements like this...

FORD
02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Uh oh, Nurse Presley is back on the hillbilly heroin :(

hideyoursheep
02-06-2009, 10:14 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmdQSnnh5UY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmdQSnnh5UY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hideyoursheep
02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
And Oshitma has already backtracked on his intentions to end the policies in question...

Fucking Chicago communist organizing bastard...

:shiznit::lameo::dickhead::mad0248:

chefcraig
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Wow....that is some fucking amazing work there....

Where does your sense of entitlement come from?

Simple: 73 posts in a twenty four hour period makes him reigning King 'O' The Library for the next week. For the effort, you get a free bookmark and a sticker for your backpack. :winner:

Coyote
02-06-2009, 11:31 AM

In other words, he's afraid someone will question the legality of his actions, find him guilty and throw him in the slammer...

(Not gonna happen, but hey... Ya never know...)

FORD
02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Keith Olbermann kicking some Darth Cheney ass.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFzzOCpnQbo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFzzOCpnQbo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MUSICMANN
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Keith Olbermann kicking some Darth Cheney ass.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFzzOCpnQbo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFzzOCpnQbo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I will say this about Keith Olberman and all the rest of the people that seems to think this country and even most of this world is now somehow safe and all kum ba ya from extremists.

Those that don't learn from the past is deemed to repeat it. I guess to Olberman, back in the Clinton administration, that cutting funding to the FBI, CIA and the military, was insignificant as a bunch of foreign guys enrolling in a flight school to learn how to fly a jet but not land them.

I guess when you look back at that, it must look small and meaningless just like the threats that Olberman pointed out that was discovered under the Bush/Cheney guard, that he so boldly pointed out.

See for a guy like this smuck Olderman, it's easy to be a next morning armchair quarterback. He can sit there and talk about how everything was wrong after the Clinton's and before the Obama's.

The truth is, this country has not had an attack on it in those eight yrs. because of the policies that were set in place.

I fear, this country once again will build up a false sense of security and one day be exposed to the harsh realities of terroism that could be avoided by never underestimating our enemy, never trying to be so silly in thinking you can make peace and change the beliefs of these killers and not being proactive and falling back to a reactive state of mind.

There are the majority of situations in this world that the USA can be what we have always been, the leading country of this world. Fighting terroism against these type of thugs, isn't one of them.

GAR
02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
What a pussy!

This isn't journalism, this is titillation and shock-value language which is why I don't take MSNBC "Special Commentary" seriously.

He namecalls Cheney the following:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3j347DjSve0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3j347DjSve0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

delusional, destructive, undermining, manic, undercutting, insane, unreal, deluded en grandeur, liar, fearmonger, childish, perverse, wishful-thinking, feeble-minded, uninformed, proud-and-strutting, old-man-crying-Wolf, fake statistics, orifice-puller, dick (used in the veinal sense), "like Al-Qaida doing the terrorist's work for them", monster, irrational, reprehensible, un-American, unprincipled, demoralizing, lacking common sense and principles, the embodiment of endlessly demoralizing draining life-denying blind fear and blind hating, unconscionable, damnable, unprotecting unhelping unprotectingl destroying

I'm surprised I could sit thru 10:30 of this Putzes bullshit! What a babyhead! What a DramaMama!

LoungeMachine
02-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Those that don't learn from the past is deemed to repeat it. .

You mean like occupying Afghanistan?

or trying to fight an insurgency?

You cannot "win" a supposed war on terror, mensa.

How/when would you declare victory? When the world is free from terror?

LMMFAO Much like you canot "win" a war on drugs.

So we do what we ALWAYS do in both scenarios......

We arm and fund both sides, reap the profits, and keep the populace scared and compliant.

YOU are a Neo-Con's wet dream.

FORD
02-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I will say this about Keith Olberman and all the rest of the people that seems to think this country and even most of this world is now somehow safe and all kum ba ya from extremists.

Keith Olbermann never said any such thing. Nor did President Obama. Nor did FORD, or anyone else that I'm aware of.

Those that don't learn from the past is deemed to repeat it. I guess to Olberman, back in the Clinton administration, that cutting funding to the FBI, CIA and the military, was insignificant as a bunch of foreign guys enrolling in a flight school to learn how to fly a jet but not land them.

You mean those guys who learned to fly in Florida while Jeb Bush was governor, at a flight school owned by CIA agents Rudi Dekkers & Wally Hilliard. Guys like Mohammed Atta, who also accompanied Dekkers & Hilliard on some of their flights to South America to import some of BCE/CIA's er... agricultural products.

I guess when you look back at that, it must look small and meaningless just like the threats that Olberman pointed out that was discovered under the Bush/Cheney guard, that he so boldly pointed out.

The "threats" Olbermann pointed out were BCE con jobs and exaggerations... just like all those "Orange Alerts" that coincidentally happened every time the BCE was in danger of getting bad press.

See for a guy like this smuck Olderman, it's easy to be a next morning armchair quarterback. He can sit there and talk about how everything was wrong after the Clinton's and before the Obama's.

No, dumbass. What he talked about was how ACTUAL terrorists were caught and convicted under the Clinton administration, through legal, constitutional law enforcement, and that one of those captured terrorists (caught in my own back yard, figuratively speaking) actually provided information which might have prevented the 9-11 attacks except it was fucking ignored by the BCE!

The truth is, this country has not had an attack on it in those eight yrs. because of the policies that were set in place.

The TRUTH is that this country didn't have an attack for 8 years before then either. It's also the TRUTH that the BCE ignored 55 different warnings that Al Qaeda was planning something. The infamous August 6,2001 memo which specifically detailed an impending Bin Laden attack should have motivated some serious action. Instead, Chimp and most of the other BCE leaders took a goddamn month off. After only being in office barely 7 months.

I fear, this country once again will build up a false sense of security and one day be exposed to the harsh realities of terroism that could be avoided by never underestimating our enemy, never trying to be so silly in thinking you can make peace and change the beliefs of these killers and not being proactive and falling back to a reactive state of mind.

You're so brainwashed by these nazis that you can't even separate the reality from the empty rhetoric and fear tactics. Terrorism wasn't invented on 9-11-01. Tim McVeigh was a terrorist. Erik Rudolph is a terrorist. Ted Kaczinski is a terrorist. The fucking fools who bomb abortion clinics and shoot doctors who work there are terrorists. And all these terrorists have been tried, convicted, and some of them executed under constitutional law and proper law enforcement procedures that existed before Chimpy's big fireworks show. The odds of a non existent "international terraist boogeyman" attacking us are infinitely lower than that of a homegrown whackjob like those fools I mentioned.

There are the majority of situations in this world that the USA can be what we have always been, the leading country of this world. Fighting terroism against these type of thugs, isn't one of them.

We're not leading much of anything right now, thanks to what Chimp and Darth did to the economy, the military, and the reputation of the United States of America. :(

Nickdfresh
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM

LMFAO!! What terrorism? We haven't even had a decent post-9/11 plot that turn out to be a joke.

Since when was invading Iraq stopping "terroism?"

Al Qaida is largely a mythical misnomer that pants-shitting, panicky buffoons such as thou do more for than they can ever achieve themselves...

kwame k
02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
If you look at the track record......Trade Center bombed in 1993 and destroyed in 2001....that's an 8 year time frame.......so these guys don't move too fast, historically speaking.....of course the facts that seem to be lost on certain people here is.......terra-ist have been bombing the fuck out of the rest of the world after 9/11 but......that's the rest of the world so fuck them, right?

kwame k
02-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Oh shit! I forgot the si-gar called me out about........well it's really hard to understand his posts......but I think it had something to do with the Ottoman Empire but I think he was trying to make a point about WWII and the oil in the Middle East.........fuck I'm not really sure he even knows what the fuck he means.....maybe the nice Librarian will proof read his posts..........but si-gar for a better understanding on the Ottoman Empire I suggest........http://www.bc.edu/schools/cas/history/courses/graduate_courses/graduate_spring2009/ottomanempire.html

http://hubpages.com/hub/Rise-and-decline-of-the-Ottoman-Empire
This one has pictures even si-gar!!!!!!!

Seshmeister
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Bombing the fuck out of where?

Not much outwith the Middle East worth talking about and the casualty figures are completely irrelevant.

MUSICMANN
02-06-2009, 10:19 PM
The only reason the slimeball thug terroist's haven't been able to do more in this country and the world abroad is because of the USA's proactive stance on terroism.

The idea, that we now can hold hands and joy to the world our way from dealing with these extremists by putting them in front of a civilized court is so wrong, i can't even fathom the idea.

Let me make this clear. If you think that the USA will be safer by going back to a reactive stance like we were pre 911, then you are flat out blind and out of touch with reality.

The reality is, go out and talk to the family members of the 911 attacks. Go talk to the family members of the USS cole and the family members who has lost and still has sons and daughters who fight against these killers so we can sit infront of our computor and do what we are doing right now.

This isn't about scare tactics or war mongering. This is about living in reality. The war on terror has no fronts or battle lines. It is won and lost by curbing attacks that would happen each and every day, little or big.

We were attacked, we reacted to that attack and have been proactive ever since, bringing the war to them in their back yard not ours.

It's like an animal that has been locked up behind a fence. If left alone for to long, it will find a weakness in that fence and get out. The same thing can be said about these thugs. If left alone, they will find a way to plan and plot destruction. In this country or another one.

So when some of you sit back and order your happy meal and drive your family to the mall and movie. Think about who and what is sacrificing themselves for you to be able to do so.

I will say this again. People who forget the things that happened in the past are deemed to let it happen again.

chefcraig
02-06-2009, 10:42 PM
The only reason the slimeball thug terroist's haven't been able to do more in this country and the world abroad is because of the USA's proactive stance on terroism.

You are correct. Having had many dealings with Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport since September of 2001, I can not express how soundly I now sleep with this image in my mind...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2663/aaatapppxq5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Va Beach VH Fan
02-06-2009, 11:35 PM

Give him at least some credit for being the only one on cable television to have the balls to speak out to that farce of an Admininstration... It wasn't until Olbermann's "Special Comments" and now the very good Rachel Maddow who have put a significant dent in O'Reilly and Hannity's ratings... Not beating them, but damn close...

Bill Maher tried at first but was fired, which turned out to be much better for him on the uncensored HBO....

chefcraig
02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Give him at least some credit for being the only one on cable television to have the balls to speak out to that farce of an Administration... It wasn't until Olbermann's "Special Comments" and now the very good Rachel Maddow who have put a significant dent in O'Reilly and Hannity's ratings... Not beating them, but damn close...

Bill Maher tried at first but was fired, which turned out to be much better for him on the uncensored HBO....

For the sake of argument, let us move beyond ratings. Just for shits and giggles, to be honest...let's look at overall credibility: There is none via proxy in existence, on an Edward R. Murrow scale.

Honestly, Olberman spent years as a journalist, finally ending up as a bright sports announcer, while O'Reilly worked as a real reporter for ABC, before inexplicably turning into the host of a particularly nasty tabloid show. The individual backgrounds on both men suggest parallel lives, to an extent.

Yet there is the lasting element of truth that is most applicable when choosing which show to watch at 8PM(EST). And that particular truth is defined not by the manner in which it is reported, yet in the way in which it is interpreted and believed.

Therein lies the result, be it positive or bad. Perhaps either one of these guys serve as a voice one agrees with. Yet when you consider the overall picture, neither serves as an active voice of change. That voice remains within the individual, no matter how belittled it may appear at this late date.

kwame k
02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Bombing the fuck out of where?

Not much outwith the Middle East worth talking about and the casualty figures are completely irrelevant.

Yeah, that was a misleading statement by me......what I should of said is....althought there has not been another terrorist attack on The United States terrorist attacks have gone up World wide.

The rate of terrorism fatalities for the 59 month period following 11 September 2001 is 250 percent that of the 44.5 month period preceding and including the 9/11 attacks. This figure has been adjusted to account for the different length of the two periods and it implies an increase in average monthly fatalities of 150 percent. (Only in January 1998 did the database begin to include both national and international terrorism incidents.)
The rate of terrorist incidents for the post-9/11 period is 268 percent that of the period prior to and including 11 September 2001. This implies a 167 percent increase in what might be called the average monthly rate of incidents.
A fair portion of the increased activity is related to the war in Iraq -- but not all. Removing Iraq from the picture shows an increase in the average monthly rate of terrorism fatalities of more than 10 percent for the post-9/11 period. The increase in the rate of incidents not counting Iraq is 75 percent

Removing 9/11 from the picture shows a 300 percent increase in fatalities for the post-9/11 period (including Iraq) or an 80 percent increase (excluding Iraq) when compared with the pre-9/11 period. The comparable change with regard to incidents is 168 percent increase with Iraq and 76 percent increase without.

Link (http://www.comw.org/pda/0609bm38.html)

These stats are about 3 years old........

kwame k
02-07-2009, 07:34 PM
For the sake of argument, let us move beyond ratings. Just for shits and giggles, to be honest...let's look at overall credibility: There is none via proxy in existence, on an Edward R. Murrow scale.

Honestly, Olberman spent years as a journalist, finally ending up as a bright sports announcer, while O'Reilly worked as a real reporter for ABC, before inexplicably turning into the host of a particularly nasty tabloid show. The individual backgrounds on both men suggest parallel lives, to an extent.

Yet there is the lasting element of truth that is most applicable when choosing which show to watch at 8PM(EST). And that particular truth is defined not by the manner in which it is reported, yet in the way in which it is interpreted and believed.

Therein lies the result, be it positive or bad. Perhaps either one of these guys serve as a voice one agrees with. Yet when you consider the overall picture, neither serves as an active voice of change. That voice remains within the individual, no matter how belittled it may appear at this late date.

Any time you can reference Edward R. Murrow in a post you get a thumbs up from me.......now that was a journalist!

Nickdfresh
02-07-2009, 10:40 PM

Feel free to list the "proactive stance on terrosim'" that has prevented a follow on terror attack in CONUS....

Please be specific and tell us which plots were disrupted and how...

hideyoursheep
02-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Feel free to list the "proactive stance on terrosim'" that has prevented a follow on terror attack in CONUS....

I think through waterboarding and sleep deprivation, Bush was able to 'lern' about the 8 year-old planned attack on the L.A. 'Library Tower'..:hee:

hideyoursheep
02-07-2009, 11:27 PM

I think I agree with you on this...

Neither show is really journalism at it's best, seeing how the actual subjects of the segment are rarely participating....

With Billy you get shouting, with Olberman you get point of view speculation.

"Fuck it...WE'LL DO IT LIVE!....FUCK!":flasher:

hideyoursheep
02-07-2009, 11:37 PM
I thought we didn't have to hear this shit anymore
:biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrvIAxH4ePc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrvIAxH4ePc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:finger33:

He really does look like an old mobster, showing up for court too sick to do time.

MUSICMANN
02-08-2009, 03:14 PM

Oh my Lord, some of you are so narrow minded. It doesn't take a rocket scientest to see, that by the US taking a hard proactive stance in south east asian countries and as well as the middle east, that has detured the flow and ability for terroists to coordinate and caring out any real major attacks on this country and others.

Sure there has been chatter that the FBI has followed up on, that turned out to be a non threat. But it was the coordination of the differant branches like the FBI, CIA and Home Land Security that has been running on the same page since the 911 attacks unlike how it was scattered and underfunded from what the Clinton administration had done to them, that allowed 911 to happen in the first place.

I will say this for the third time. If the USA returns to it's reactive state of mind and takes the proactive pressure off these looney thugs. It will allow them once again to coordinate and work uniterrupted in the shadows planning major attacks on this country and others.

Atleast president Obama has some backbone, unlike some of you here, and realizes exactly what i'm saying and is gonna build up more troops in Afganistan. As much as i believe that Bush somewhat took his eye off the main threat. He even stated himself that while there would be battles we would all know about. There would also be ones the general public would never know of, and those are the one's i believe have protected this country from another attack over the last seven yrs.

Let's discuss another threat, Iran. If President Obama thinks he can go and talk to these people and make them stop enriching uranium he is gonna be in for a rude awakening. I give him all the credit in the world for trying, but in the end the powers in Iran are gonna go tell him to go fuck himself.

Their only mission in life is to become nuclear and blow Isreal off the face of this planet, period. So i guess for some of you here, it will be ok to let them become nuclear, obtain the long range missles, and point them at us or whomever they feel like and have their way. These fuckers are differant than Russia and China.

Honestly, the way some of you think, i know for sure, couldn't have carried the men and for that matter the women of WWII jockstraps. There's a time and a place for that olive branch. This is not that time.

LoungeMachine
02-08-2009, 03:51 PM
LMAO

Go get 'em, ChickenHawk.

Nickdfresh
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Oh my Lord, some of you are so narrow minded. It doesn't take a rocket scientest to see, that by the US taking a hard proactive stance in south east asian countries and as well as the middle east, that has detured the flow and ability for terroists to coordinate and caring out any real major attacks on this country and others.

Sure there has been chatter that the FBI has followed up on, that turned out to be a non threat. But it was the coordination of the differant branches like the FBI, CIA and Home Land Security that has been running on the same page since the 911 attacks unlike how it was scattered and underfunded from what the Clinton administration had done to them, that allowed 911 to happen in the first place.

I will say this for the third time. If the USA returns to it's reactive state of mind and takes the proactive pressure off these looney thugs. It will allow them once again to coordinate and work uniterrupted in the shadows planning major attacks on this country and others.

Atleast president Obama has some backbone, unlike some of you here, and realizes exactly what i'm saying and is gonna build up more troops in Afganistan. As much as i believe that Bush somewhat took his eye off the main threat. He even stated himself that while there would be battles we would all know about. There would also be ones the general public would never know of, and those are the one's i believe have protected this country from another attack over the last seven yrs.

Let's discuss another threat, Iran. If President Obama thinks he can go and talk to these people and make them stop enriching uranium he is gonna be in for a rude awakening. I give him all the credit in the world for trying, but in the end the powers in Iran are gonna go tell him to go fuck himself.

Their only mission in life is to become nuclear and blow Isreal off the face of this planet, period. So i guess for some of you here, it will be ok to let them become nuclear, obtain the long range missles, and point them at us or whomever they feel like and have their way. These fuckers are differant than Russia and China.

Honestly, the way some of you think, i know for sure, couldn't have carried the men and for that matter the women of WWII jockstraps. There's a time and a place for that olive branch. This is not that time.

So, you have no idea what you are talking about is what you are saying?

LoungeMachine
02-08-2009, 04:18 PM

Not only that, he has no idea what anyone else is talking about either....

Comes from years of turning off the mind, and letting Rush, Hannity, and Savage do your thinking for you.

Sad, really. But still funny as shit to read. He could choke on his own irony.

MUSICMANN
02-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Do you? This only my opinion, not a fact.

MUSICMANN
02-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Not only that, he has no idea what anyone else is talking about either....

Comes from years of turning off the mind, and letting Rush, Hannity, and Savage do your thinking for you.

Sad, really. But still funny as shit to read. He could choke on his own irony.

Do you even keep up with the current news that is happening now. You talk about me having irony. I would say a bunch of you are no more than sugarbritches and are hypocrits at best.

LoungeMachine
02-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Coming from someone as obviously dense as yourself, that's a compliment.

Come back when you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Or just feel free to continue posting your blathering bullshit. It's funny stuff.

Nickdfresh
02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Do you? This only my opinion, not a fact.

I can show statistics and specific cases where the US threat level mania and "terrorist conspiracies" mostly turned out to be highly exaggerated or complete bullshit...

But nice way to dunk the question and resort to typical manifesto generalizations. It's obvious you don't base anything on actual information and facts...

kwame k
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM

World wide terrorist attacks went UP 300% after Bush's war on terra......go back and read my post where......you know.....I used.........what are those pesky things called.........oh Yeah!!!!! Facts!

Iran going nuclear is a threat and no one here has said it wasn't.......what most of us here realize is that.......diplomacy......is not backed up with a threat or preconceived concessions, like Bush's shot gun diplomacy, that has lead us to zero respect world wide and no tangible results but.......opening a dialog with countries.......Remember.......Iran helped us when we first invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.....then Bush came out a said his usual stupid shit......the Iranian moderates looked like fools for helping us and the hardliner's took over.....setting relations back decades with Iran.......here again those are just facts.......

but you keep swinging slugger......sooner or later you bound to hit the ball........

thome
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I can show statistics and specific cases where the US threat level mania and "terrorist conspiracies" mostly turned out to be highly exaggerated or complete bullshit...

But nice way to dunk the question and resort to typical manifesto generalizations. It's obvious you don't base anything on actual information and facts...

=LoungeMachine,Coming from someone as obviously dense as yourself, that's a compliment.

Come back when you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Or just feel free to continue posting your blathering bullshit. It's funny stuff.

You two champs keep believing and one day ...Just Keep Trying Champs!

I so want your delusions to make you happy... Best little guys ev'a(weeping). The last 7 years you guys have given the old college try a new standard of excellence in, "convince yourself no matter what the actual events are" and you can achieve ...(good guys,weeping again) sniffle ... best little guys......

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/ddwewew.jpg