PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am Vinnie Velvet

Vinnie Velvet
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Yay!! My VERY FIRST "Attention Whore" post, so here goes::biggrin:

I started posting on VH-themed "message boards" around 1996 -- specifically the time between the 1996 reunion and its fall-out.

I posted on the official Van Halen message board, though through different names at different times. I used to piss off a lot of the Eddie fans and even Van Hagar fans with some of my posts. That was a fun time. I, of course, was there to wave the flag of ROTH and Classic VAN HALEN.

Then I started posting messages on the Slawterhouse forum, again under different aliases and even FORD Country.

My name "Vinnie Velvet" really didn't come to be until 1999 and used it for the first time when I registered at VHLinks in December of that year.

The battles between Roth/Classic Van Halen fans and Van Hagar/Eddie fans were pretty instense during those early days at Links. A lot of the folk here came from there to begin with: Pojo, Brownsound1, Va Beach, Rikk, redblkwhite, FORD, etc.

That is where the 'EAT US AND SMILE' (EUAS) group was formed to defend Roth and all that was Classic VH. Not a sheep was spared, dare I say.

Then came the Army. At POJO's request, I became a moderator at the old 'Tour' forum in 2004. I was never really comfortable in a moderator role and to this day POJO every now and then asks me to be a mod at the Army -- though I refuse graciously. :D

I don't post as much as say in 2000 or '01, too many responsibilities take me away from my PC/laptop.

But I do post here every now and then and recently at Rothfans -- preaching the gospel of one DAVID LEE ROTH and the MUSIC of CLASSIC VAN HALEN!!

Rock on my friends.

:rockit2:

Sarge's Little Helper
02-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Vinnie Velvet Welcome to The David Lee Roth Army. The ROTH ARMY carries the Van Halen Torch, Diamond David Lee Roth Style! This is where Classic Van Halen is celebrated and Diamond Dave reigns as the Supreme Toastmaster of the Immoral Majority. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

Sarge
02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
So you were "FORD COUNTRY"
:)
I remembered you helped form EUAS.
Shit.. this place has a bunch of history!

Hope to see you posting here more often.
Breasts,
Sarge

Va Beach VH Fan
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
A lot of the folk here came from there to begin with: Pojo, Brownsound1, Va Beach, Rikk, redblkwhite, FORD, etc.

That is where the 'EAT US AND SMILE' (EUAS) group was formed to defend Roth and all that was Classic VH. Not a sheep was spared, dare I say.

I'm getting choked up reading this..... :0

Vinnie Velvet
02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm getting choked up reading this..... :0

Those were "good times.....DAMN GOOD times..."

Vinnie Velvet
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
So you were "FORD COUNTRY"
I remembered you helped form EUAS.
Shit.. this place has a bunch of history!

Hope to see you posting here more often.
Breasts,
Sarge

Well, I did hang out at FORD's place every now and then.

I think we both shared the same philosophy: Fuck Off Ray Daniels. :biggrin:

Yeah, I remember when EUAS was formed. Back then there was no 'Army' --- us Roth devotees had to fight for what we believed in at Brett's place. All in good fun. But things would get heated sometimes over there.
Our formation forced the creation of another group atn Links: Up Front Fanatics (UFF); a bunch of fuckers in love with all things Sam.

By the time the Army came about, there really wasn't so much a need for EUAS as it was at Links. I know WARF tries to drum up the 'ol EUAS attitude every now and then and that's cool. Nostalgia aint a bad thing!

GAR
02-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Welcooooooome Vinnie~!!

http://web.archive.org/web/20060615181356/vhml.com/bios/

Looks like the VHML site went down a few years ago from lack of interest.

The VHML had about 400 members in 98, then got 10 newbies a year till the modern board interfaces showed up.

Panamark
02-12-2009, 05:08 AM
Onya Vinnie !! You totally crack me up when you take
jabs at the hagar heads... Priceless !! I look for your
name in threads coz I know I will get a laugh..
FUCK SAMMY !!!!!

Vinnie Velvet
02-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Onya Vinnie !! You totally crack me up when you take
jabs at the hagar heads... Priceless !! I look for your
name in threads coz I know I will get a laugh..
FUCK SAMMY !!!!!

'Mark, good to see ya bro.

Yeah, its always fun to take shots at Hagar fans 'cause they are such a fucking ass of a bunch.