PDA

View Full Version : Irony Alert: Stones Consider Axing Ronnie over Drinking

LoungeMachine
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
R. Wood Faces Being Axed From The Rolling Stones A source told: `All the band have to have a compulsory pre-tour medical to make sure they can get insurance.`

Bangshowbiz

Published: February 16, 2009 15:39h

Ronnie Wood faces being axed from the Rolling Stones because of his drinking.

The 61-year-old rocker – who has been treated for alcoholism several times over the last 30 years – has been warned to curb his partying or risk being banned from a proposed autumn tour of America with bandmates Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts.

A source told Britain’s Daily Express newspaper: “All the band have to have a compulsory pre-tour medical to make sure they can get insurance.

“Ronnie failed his medical for the 2002/2003 tour because he was drinking seven times the recommended number of alcohol units a week. He had to spend months drying out at a clinic in Arizona.

“There are worries that could be the case again this time.”

Ronnie was most recently treated for his alcohol addiction last August at the Life Works clinic in Surrey, England, following a 10-day drinking binge in Ireland with Russian girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova, 20.

If he is banned from touring, Ronnie risks losing out on hundreds of thousands of pounds.

The ‘Satisfaction’ rockers’ ‘Bigger Bang’ world tour, which took place between August 2005 and August 2007, was the highest-grossing of all time, generating $558,255,524.

The group were also named the highest-paid private performers last year, commanding a staggering £3.5 million per private show.

http://www.javno.com/en/celebrities/clanak.php?id=234705

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

FORD
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Funny, just last week it seemed like Woody was the one "proposing" the tour, since the Faces reunion apparently fell through.

Perfect excuse to call Mick Taylor though. Maybe even Bill Wyman. Make it an "old school" tour

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4_q7EzuuHI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4_q7EzuuHI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BITEYOASS
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Or bring back Brian Jones from the dead for that matter.

FORD
02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Have to talk to Satan about that one.

Seshmeister
02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
“Ronnie failed his medical for the 2002/2003 tour because he was drinking seven times the recommended number of alcohol units a week.[/url]

Lightweight.

FORD
02-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Lightweight.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_apKxJY_N77M/SF0TsdjRuqI/AAAAAAAAA_k/WX4v9Zb8b7w/s320/keith%2Bjack%2Bdaniels.jpg
Compared to Keith, most likely.

Terry
02-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Jeez!

How much booze could one be drinking to garner a warning from "ex" coke whore Dick Fagger and that washed-up junkie Keef Riffhard?

Shame the Stones morphed into little more than a money-making greatest hits jukebox.

Who really gives a fuck if these geezers go on tour in the fall, other than the Stones and their accountants?

Bill Wyman was smart to get out when he did, as the band should have called it a day in 1989 (and perhaps even that was 6 years too late).

Panamark
02-16-2009, 10:49 PM
So how the hell did the Hagar reunion get insurance ???

chefcraig
02-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Judging solely by the truely underwhelming Super Bowl slot (what, 12 minutes at best?), how could anyone, let alone the insurers of the tour, be concerned about quality of performance? :umm:

kwame k
02-16-2009, 11:25 PM
A source told Britain’s Daily Express newspaper: “All the band have to have a compulsory pre-tour medical to make sure they can get insurance.

Like to get a look at Keef's Medical Report............."Mr. Richards, you are in surprisingly great shape, for a man who has been clinically dead for 30 years."

chefcraig
02-17-2009, 12:06 AM
In truth, I believe none of the Stones (nor surviving Faces) wish to deal with the baggage of Wood dragging that now twenty year old tart around with him, stirring up controversy.

In truth, a part of me lends a heart for snagging such a young bird. The other (overwhelming) part of me wants to kick his ass for being such a shit to his wife of so long.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2009, 01:03 AM
The Strolling Bones 2009 Tour Set List:

Sympathy for my Liver

Honky Tonk Great-grandma

Brown Metamucil

Start my Pacemaker Up

Tumblin n Died

Jumpin Hot Flash

others?

:gulp:

FORD
02-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Before They Make Me Walk (very slowly)

Time Is NOT On My Side

Dance Little Granny

(My Hips Are) Shatterred

FORD
02-17-2009, 01:11 AM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipv-IOzPZZk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipv-IOzPZZk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Blaze
02-17-2009, 01:36 AM
"Where's the MEDTEC, I nearly died!";)

Rikk
02-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Woody never did really have the talent Mick Taylor does anyway.

CVH Rulz
02-17-2009, 07:14 PM
the recommended number of alcohol units a week

What is the recommended number? I wouldn't want to be an underachiever. :guzzle:

Terry
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Woody never did really have the talent Mick Taylor does anyway.

Stones basically did one great album that Wood was onboard for from start to finish: Some Girls.

Most of the best work the Stones ever did was when Taylor was in the band.

Terry
02-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Judging solely by the truely underwhelming Super Bowl slot (what, 12 minutes at best?), how could anyone, let alone the insurers of the tour, be concerned about quality of performance? :umm:

One can already see the reviews for this upcoming tour right now:

"After all this time, the band has still got it."

Yes, very impressive. They can still play the same songs they've been playing for, in some cases, 4 decades.

The only impressive thing about the band these days is that Richards is still alive, God Bless him.

Hey, not knocking their wonderful string of work created years ago, but their last decent album was put out, what, 27 years ago.

Seshmeister
02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
What is the recommended number? I wouldn't want to be an underachiever. :guzzle:

Almost nothing 21 units so 2 1/2 bottles of wine, 2/3rds bottle spirits or 10 beers.

kwame k
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Almost nothing 21 units so 2 1/2 bottles of wine, 2/3rds bottle spirits or 10 beers.

A day? Phew........I'm not an Alcoholic...

ThrillsNSpills
02-18-2009, 12:00 AM
The Strolling Bones 2009 Tour Set List:

others?

:gulp:

The Last Pint

Ronnie's Little Helper

Midnight Stumber

Sloppay

Drunkey Man

Breathalizer Blues

All Down the Leg

You Can't Always Drive When You Want

It's Only Jack 'N Coke(But I Like it)

FORD
02-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Let's drink to the hard working people
Let's drink to 20 year old Russian ass
Raise your toast with some top shelf tequila
Let's drink with some salt on the glass

Say a prayer for Keith's brain surgery doctors
Who spared his ass when he fell from a tree
Spare a thought for Ronnie's wife and his children
Who called the lawyers, but still haven't got dirt

hideyoursheep
02-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Beast of Bourbon

Gimme Geritol

Midnight Napper

**clap-clap**

stagelights go out

You guys got the good ones...

binnie
02-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Ronnie's best work was with the Faces, his ouput with the Stones is largely forgetable.