• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

25 People to Blame for the Financial Crisis

According to Time magazine.

Interesting read. Lists each person & a few paragraphs of things they did that may have attributed or led up to the state of the economy today.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

I would agree with all listed.... that I'm familiar with anyway. Interesting that the American consumer is also listed--no doubt there.

One disappointment is that Banking Queen is not listed.... Reminds me of a song!

(Skip the 1st minute if you're not a right wing lunatic!)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwVWXN0Pyq4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwVWXN0Pyq4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• swage33
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2009

noticed you've never been thanked......there you go.
      High quality hate while you wait

Comment

• WACF
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready
        I would agree with all listed.... that I'm familiar with anyway. Interesting that the American consumer is also listed--no doubt there.
        The American consumer...same can be said of the Canadian consumer.

We demand the lowest price with no concern of where it is made and the implications of it.

Comment

• swage33
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2009

Just read the Clinton part of this list. He should have been listed as 1. People should understand the nature of politics. If high minded thinking is accepted on a wildly popular scale...it is political suicide to oppose it. When Clinton says, "[I]I want everyone to own their own home[I]" It is nearly impossible to oppose that politically. Whether you know its wrong or not, if you oppose it then you hate minorities, right? You're an elitist, right? Most liberal thought is noble and high minded and it would be a glorious world to live in if it worked....but most of the time it does not. Good intentions....a genuine desire to help people....kind and loving on paper, and commendable, but ineffective.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Clinton wanting people to own houses isn't why he belongs on the list.

Pushing NAFTA (and all the sequels) through Congress, and repealing the Glass Steagal act is.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

I want a Constitutional Amendment to include a legistlative aptitude test, or some kind of proficiency test to pass if you're wish to run for a national office.

And Rush Limbaugh thinks it's funny? He's the fat fucking fool who is supposed to be on the Republican side, exposing what should be done, but isn't.

So much for shock jock journalism.

He should be just as much in the Republican's face for not doing anything to close all the deregulations under Clinton that are still open.

The Repubican's aren't they supposed to be the "good cops" in Washington? What the fuck do they do or even get right?

All I see them doing is giving in.. they need to beat those 3 senators who broke rank for the spending bill and beat 'em hard.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                It's what the list is about or are you fucking retarded?

(nobody answer for him, let him figure it out introspectively)

If Clinton wanted people to own houses, that's a very good deed and he should certainly buy all the real estate he can for them from his own pocket.

Comment

• swage33
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by FORD

Pushing NAFTA (and all the sequels) through Congress, and repealing the Glass Steagal act is.
                  You're right, wanting them to own houses does no harm at all. It is as I said, noble and commendable. Making it a political issue is wrong. Every politician on the right and left are primarily concerned with self preservation and opposing such a "noble" political issue is suicide. This agenda, while laced with the best of intentions, opened the flood gates while daring any opposition to voice contrary views.

Comment

• Combat Ready
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by GAR

And Rush Limbaugh thinks it's funny? He's the fat fucking fool who is supposed to be on the Republican side, exposing what should be done, but isn't.

So much for shock jock journalism.

Dude--it's just a parody and it IS funny.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                      I want a Constitutional Amendment to include a legistlative aptitude test, or some kind of proficiency test to pass if you're wish to run for a national office.
                      Could have used one of those in 2000.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR

If Clinton wanted people to own houses, that's a very good deed and he should certainly buy all the real estate he can for them from his own pocket.
                        He tried that back in the 80's, and you guys never shut up about it.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Barney Frank is hard to understand when he speaks. He sounds like one of those kids that enters races with only 3 contestants...so everyone wins and gets a medal.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

He was born with silver spoons in his mouth.

In it, you'll also find a can opener, Cream of Wheat (cinnamon brown sugar flavor), a condom foil wrapper, a loosened filling, Sam Adams bottlecaps, hubcaps, razorblades, a half-pound of 5/16"X 1/4 hex bolts, a lufa, a sofa, unreturned library DVD's and the remote for the portable TV that don't work in that motorhome in his driveway that got inhaled one October of 93 sleepover

That guy's a Mushmouth if ever there was one.

Comment

Working...