PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rogan's open letter to Kellogs regarding Michael Phelps

Sarge
02-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Dear, Kellogg’s.
I’m writing this letter to express my disappointment in your company in firing Michael Phelps as a spokesperson for your products because he was photographed while enjoying some marijuana.
I respectfully would like to communicate my opinion on this matter because I think it’s of great public interest.
First of all, although it is true that Mr. Phelps broke the law, I think any reasonably intelligent person would admit that it’s one of the most fucked up and corrupt laws that we have today in this country. Marijuana is relatively harmless and certainly far less dangerous than a host of other things that are not only legal but also readily available, like alcohol and prescription drugs. The only reason it remains illegal to this day is because it’s a plant and you can’t patent it and control it’s sale, and because if it were legal it would greatly affect the demand for a host of prescription drugs that rake in billions of dollars each year for pharmaceutical companies.
That’s it.
Marijuana has never killed anyone EVER in over 10,000 years of use. We’re not protecting people from themselves, we’re not saving the children - it’s just a horribly illogical law that is in place because of corruption and propaganda.
The fact that it’s against the law is just a disgusting reminder of how retarded our system is, not a reasonable reaction to a proven threat to society.

I have to say, this whole thing saddens me, because I personally would like to think that as Americans we’re better than this. These television news anchors will shake their heads at the thoughtless mistake Mr. Phelps had made by “smoking dope,” and then without even the tiniest sense of irony they will cut to a beer commercial.
This is supposed to be the land of the free and the home of the brave, right? We’re not supposed to be a nation of little bitches giving in to the whims of corrupt politicians and the pharmaceutical companies who’s interests they’re representing.
It’s 2009, and in this day and age with the incredible access to information that we have available there’s no fucking way that we should be allowing human beings to tell other human beings that they can’t do something that they enjoy that hurts no one including themselves.
THAT is madness. THAT is ignorant, and THAT is completely fucking un-American.
I don’t want to hear any of that, “he’s setting a bad example with the children” nonsense either, because we all know if he had a gin and tonic in his hand instead of a bong this would never have been an issue, even though every single study ever done has shown that marijuana is FAR less dangerous than alcohol.
Marijuana laws are a horrible waste of resources and law enforcement, and especially in this day and age with our economy in such horrible shape I believe the last thing we need to be doing is wasting tax payers’ money on any of this victimless bullshit.

I find your reactions to Mr. Phelps situation both ignorant and short sighted.
I think what would have been a far better response from Kellogg’s would be to support Mr. Phelps, and perhaps point out that maybe we as a society should take a closer look at the evidence and possibly reconsider our position on this misunderstood plant that so many of our productive citizens find useful.
Now, I’m sure if you really were running Kellogg’s and you were still reading my bullshit all the way down to this, you must be thinking, “Why the hell would we stick our necks out like that for pot smokers?”

And of course the answer to that question would be, because we buy your shit, motherfucker.
Do you guys even know your consumer statistics? Well, let me fill you in on some of my own personal scientific research on the subject, because I have been closely studying my own purchases for over 20 years, and I can tell you that I’ve been high 100% of the time I’ve bought your shit.
I mean, do you guys ever think about what you sell?
Pop tarts? Are you kidding me? I would be willing to bet that 50% of the people buying pop tarts are stoned out of their fucking minds.
Just to be perfectly clear on my position, I would like you to know that I enjoy your products. I think many of them are quite tasty, but lets be honest; you guys sell sugar-drenched shit that’s horrible for your body - in fact, it’s actually way worse for your body than pot - and you market this shit specifically to children.
You assholes go as far as putting lovable cartoon characters on the boxes just so that kids will beg their parents for it.

Now, I don’t want you to misunderstand my point, because I in no way want anything bad to happen to your company. Like I said, I genuinely enjoy your products.
There’s nothing quite like being stoned out of your mind at 2am watching a Chuck Norris movie and eating a bowl of fruit loops. Your company and its products have been a part of some very pleasurable moments in guilty eating, and I’m glad you’re around.
All I’m saying is that it’s high time (no pun intended) that you motherfuckers respect the stoner dollar. There’s WAY more of us than you might think, and we tend to get upset about dumb shit like this. There are millions of us, and if we decide that we don’t like a company, they’re going to feel it.
I think if you looked into it carefully, you would be surprised at how many undercover potheads there are out there. Pot smokers don’t all fit into the obvious, negative stereotypes; we come in all shapes and forms - including by the way, the form of the greatest fucking swimmer who ever lived, EVER.
Think about THAT shit for a second..
So in closing, I would like to ask you nice folks to please smarten the fuck up.
I would request that you check the calendar and note that it’s 2000 and fucking 9, and next time you think about getting all uppity about pot you might want to do a quick google search on the facts.

It’s 4:40am here in LA, and I’m going to wrap up this blog and to celebrate its completion I’m going to enjoy one of my personal favorite Kellogg’s products: Eggo waffles.
I’m gonna pop 4 of them bitches into the toaster, and then I’m gonna stuff the bong with some fine, American grown “Train Wreck” and sacrifice the sacred plant to the fire gods in tribute to the unjustly persecuted 8 time Olympian hero. Then I’m gonna get some butter, and I’m gonna smear it on those Eggos, I’m gonna cover them with maple syrup, and I’m going to eat the ever loving fuck out of them.
Good day, sirs.

Yours truly,

Joe Rogan.

http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/454?%3F

FORD
02-18-2009, 04:15 AM
I can agree with Joe Rogan on this one. Back in my stoner days, me and this psycho chick I was fucking at the time would get totally baked and eat a bowl of ice cream with Apple Jacks on it. And that was breakfast! http://65.108.178.207/bong.gif

WACF
02-18-2009, 11:18 AM
The mistake Phelps made was letting someone take a picture...

He knows the score....

flappo
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
that joe rogan guy , such a fucking loony

flappo
02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
and i mean that in a grate™ way

Nickdfresh
02-18-2009, 01:09 PM

He knows the score....

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8YTKu9D7o8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8YTKu9D7o8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

This comment is also dead on...

And I have to admit that Rogan is absolutely fucking correct here:

And of course the answer to that question would be, because we buy your shit, motherfucker.
Do you guys even know your consumer statistics? Well, let me fill you in on some of my own personal scientific research on the subject, because I have been closely studying my own purchases for over 20 years, and I can tell you that I’ve been high 100&#37; of the time I’ve bought your shit.
I mean, do you guys ever think about what you sell?
Pop tarts? Are you kidding me? I would be willing to bet that 50% of the people buying pop tarts are stoned out of their fucking minds.
Just to be perfectly clear on my position, I would like you to know that I enjoy your products. I think many of them are quite tasty, but lets be honest; you guys sell sugar-drenched shit that’s horrible for your body - in fact, it’s actually way worse for your body than pot - and you market this shit specifically to children.
You assholes go as far as putting lovable cartoon characters on the boxes just so that kids will beg their parents for it.

Kellogg's kiddie marketing program is such a spurious, steaming pile of immoral shit it's not even funny. He left out how they redundantly spam Saturday morning cartoons so kids clamor to their parents to buy crap with more sugar (or corn syrup, which might be far worse) content than an actual box of sugar...

GAR
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Joe Rogan hates everybody but himself.

The only people he likes are the ones that cowtow to all his ideas and stupid stuff.

He's a peoplephobe.

FORD
02-18-2009, 01:55 PM

The only people he likes are the ones that cowtow to all his ideas and stupid stuff.

He's a peoplephobe.

...so says the racist posting from a public library.

LoungeMachine
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM

He's a peoplephobe.

*holds up mirror to GayR*

:gulp:

sadaist
02-18-2009, 03:44 PM

He knows the score....

True, but don't forget about the dickhole "friend" of his that sold the picture. What the fuck!

I don't blame Kelloggs. They're free to make any decision they want. I blame the media for continuing to drive this into the ground....over & over & over. However, if Kelloggs would have just done nothing, the story probably would have died much sooner.

GAR
02-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm pleased as piss Kelloggs retained it's self-respect, and took the high road firing this DICK.

GAR
02-18-2009, 03:56 PM
...so says the racist posting from a public library.

Least I'm not an Obamatron.

http://letustalk.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/bill-clinton-frowning.jpg

You got HOSED, Tommy. You got hosed!

GAR
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
*holds up mirror to GayR*

Vampires do not reflect.

Diamondjimi
02-18-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm pleased as piss Kelloggs retained it's self-respect, and took the high road firing this DICK.

The high road would be to stand by the guy .

Buncha pussy's..

sadaist
02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Buncha pussy's..

Is that their new cereal? I wonder what the puzzles & activities on the back of the box would be? :)

Diamondjimi
02-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Is that their new cereal? I wonder what the puzzles & activities on the back of the box would be? :)

:lol:

No puzzles , just ..........(wait for it).................................finger puppets!

:biggrin:

GAR
02-18-2009, 04:41 PM
The high road would be to stand by the guy . Buncha pussy's..

YEAH Fuckin' moral, upstanding Fortune 500 listed fucking company!

FUCK them and their money, and millions of children who had to suffer looking at a dope smoking half-naked man every morning for breakfast.

Satan
02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
who had to suffer looking at a dope smoking naked man every morning for breakfast.

Nobody wants to hear your sob story about breaking up with JizzyStool. :anal:

swage33
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I heard once that the real reason that pot would not be legalized is because it could turn the poor and middle class into wealthy citizens. Dollars per acre, pot kicks the shit out of wheat...or any other crop for that matter. With little land, one could rake in quite a bit of loot.

GAR
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Pots illegal.

chefcraig
02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I wish stupidity was. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-721.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/)

cadaverdog
02-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I heard once that the real reason that pot would not be legalized is because it could turn the poor and middle class into wealthy citizens. Dollars per acre, pot kicks the shit out of wheat...or any other crop for that matter. With little land, one could rake in quite a bit of loot.
If pot was legal the price would drop to almost nothing.
You could just grow your own for next to nothing.

The only reason it was made illegal was because of a couple
of businessmen who had prducts of their own that hemp was
a cheaper source to make these products from.
Nylon(for rope) and paper.

Two factions keep it illegal.
People at the top that actually profit from it's illegality.
And drug companies that fear it.

Satan
02-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Damn.... Cadaverdouche has been reading something besides Ann the Man books! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d050.gif

GAR
02-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Sisal hemp is legal to grow, it's rot resistant and a superior moor line for ships.

The reason Mexico has the grip on hemp is lotsa water, and lotsa cheap labor. We in the states tend our arable land for more suitable uses, such as rolling John Deere equipment across it generating billions of dollars and feeding the world.

If hemp was a superior cellulose crop compared to timber cutoffs and milldust, our paper would be made of it so I don't think that's the case. It's an urban myth propagated by the 420 losers - they're the only ones reiterating that under "other uses".

There's only one use for higrade THC-content marijuana, and that's the illegal use as a neurotoxin. Why anyone'd put that shit in their body is more fucked up than the fuckeduppeddness it creates on the user!

sadaist
02-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Sisal hemp is legal to grow, it's rot resistant and a superior moor line for ships.

The reason Mexico has the grip on hemp is lotsa water, and lotsa cheap labor. We in the states tend our arable land for more suitable uses, such as rolling John Deere equipment across it generating billions of dollars and feeding the world.

If hemp was a superior cellulose crop compared to timber cutoffs and milldust, our paper would be made of it so I don't think that's the case. It's an urban myth propagated by the 420 losers - they're the only ones reiterating that under "other uses".

There's only one use for higrade THC-content marijuana, and that's the illegal use as a neurotoxin. Why anyone'd put that shit in their body is more fucked up than the fuckeduppeddness it creates on the user!

Yeah, but you should try it with some Chocodiles.

http://lordmarcusmaximus.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/chocodiles_top_450w.jpg

Panamark
02-19-2009, 02:23 AM
I wonder if he was ripped when he won the golds ?
Maybe they got him really stoned and promised
a shitload of munchies when he finished the race.

And I thought those red eyes were from the chlorine ??

Agree with all that MJ should be legal, if not decriminalized.
Its been dicriminalized in Oz for a while now. They can
issue you an on the spot fine and no recorded conviction
up to a certain amount (4 grams ??) ... Seems to work....

Not that I smoke it anymore, but never had troubling
finding it, or ever paying more than $20 for a baggie...

In South Australia they had a law going for a while where
you could claim 4 plants as personal use !!!
They ended up ammending that, but a lot of stoners
I grew up with moved interstate just for that reason...

Cancer patients can take the tablet form "Maranol"
So even the drug companies are trying to get a leg
in on natures wonderous herb...

Satan
02-19-2009, 02:28 AM
As usual GAR is full of shit. Not only would hemp be a more efficient fiber than wood cellulose in pulp & paper products, but hemp would also make a far more durable clothing fiber than cotton.

Also hemp seeds are higher in protein than soybeans, and agricorporate giants like Monsanto and ADM are rolling out their mutated soy crops second only to their frankencorn, and that's why all this soy-based food is turning up in recent years.

Hemp oil was the fuel that Henry Ford once planned to use in his early diesel engines. Ford also briefly considered building his car bodies out of hemp fiber, but that idea never really caught on, as there was no shortage of American steel at the time.

As for the medical uses of marijuana..... well let's just say Hell wouldn't be quite as crowded now if mortals were using weed (or any other natural medicines) whenever possible instead of toxic chemicals made in some pharmaceutical factory.

It's bad business for me to endorse God's work, but my ex employer knew what He was doing when He gave you guys this plant.

hideyoursheep
02-19-2009, 05:00 AM
Legalization could solve so many problems...

Except one.

Pre-employment drug screens and post-accident screens.

Weed and booze are both leagal, let's say.

Primitive Pete smashes his fingers in something at work...he takes a drug/alchohol test to see if he's high on the job....he blows a .04 from the night before.... Pete's fired and gets no workman's comp bennies, although Jim Beam is legal, being intoxicated at work is a no-no.

OR

Primitive Pete cuts himself at work...he takes a drug/alchohol test to see if he's high on the job....he smoked a Dutch Masters Domestic 28 days ago while at a BBQ on his day off. His drug test is hot....Pete's fired and gets no WC benefits, although he's NOT high.

How do you get around this?

Panamark
02-19-2009, 05:19 AM

Except one.

Poppy seed Muffins ??
Your Mom's pee ??
Claim your religion doesnt allow you to submit for testing ??

hideyoursheep
02-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Poppy seed Muffins ??
Your Mom's pee ??
Claim your religion doesnt allow you to submit for testing ??

There's a rumor that too many poppy seeds will cause the drug test to be +...

:lmao:

I'm afraid if your religion won't allow for testing, it won't allow for employment, either!

Panamark
02-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Yeah !! thats what I thought, blame it on the poppy seed muffin
cos it gives false negatives, maybe it overrides ganja ????

(good seinfeld episode where Elaine had that problem)

Satan
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Poppy seed muffins wouldn't affect a positive for weed. They would just assume you were shooting smack on top of taking bong hits. The irony is that common over the counter pain relievers like ibuprofen & naproxen can cause false positives for pot. And like the muffins, if you ate anything with hemp seed or hemp oil in it, you would appear to be a stoner, at least on paper.

Pre-employment piss tests are ridiculous though. As long as someone doesn't come to work stoned, what they do on their own time is none of the employer's business.

Redballjets88
02-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Except one.

Pre-employment drug screens and post-accident screens.

Weed and booze are both leagal, let's say.

Primitive Pete smashes his fingers in something at work...he takes a drug/alchohol test to see if he's high on the job....he blows a .04 from the night before.... Pete's fired and gets no workman's comp bennies, although Jim Beam is legal, being intoxicated at work is a no-no.

OR

Primitive Pete cuts himself at work...he takes a drug/alchohol test to see if he's high on the job....he smoked a Dutch Masters Domestic 28 days ago while at a BBQ on his day off. His drug test is hot....Pete's fired and gets no WC benefits, although he's NOT high.

Smoking pot once wouldn't leave a trace in ones system for 28 days. More like 3 or 4 days. If he did a 2 or 3 day binge it would take about 2-3 weeks.

FORD
02-19-2009, 01:36 PM
If you only smoked dope once, and it showed up in a piss test, you could always use the "second hand smoke" defense. Went to a concert, lots of joints being passed around, etc.

jhale667
02-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Smoking pot once wouldn't leave a trace in ones system for 28 days. More like 3 or 4 days. If he did a 2 or 3 day binge it would take about 2-3 weeks.

Not true.
Smoke out once, and you can still theoretically test positive for up to 90 days.

Rogan nailed it. Marijuana laws are idiotic. And Kelloggs is a bunch of hypocrites.

We already knew GAR was a dummy. :tongue0011:

Redballjets88
02-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Not true.
Smoke out once, and you can still theoretically test positive for up to 90 days.

Rogan nailed it. Marijuana laws are idiotic. And Kelloggs is a bunch of hypocrites.

We already knew GAR was a dummy. :tongue0011:

who gave you that bullshit information?

LoungeMachine
02-19-2009, 09:39 PM
How Long Does Marijuana Stay In Your system
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/How-Long-Does-Marijuana-Stay-In-Your-System.html

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) can stay in a person's body for as long as 3 to 90 days after smoking or being ingested orally.

There are numerous determining factors for how long drug toxins stay in a persons body which vary from person to person, such as the analytical method used, your health, your body weight, metabolism, fluid intake, the type of drug toxin, and the degree of exposure to the drug toxin.

Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, one of nearly 400 chemicals in a cannabis plant, accounts for most of marijuana's psychoactive, or mind-altering, effects. The strength of the drug is determined by the amount of THC it contains which varies from plant to plant. Marijuana stays in your system for different amounts of time depending on how often you smoke it, how much you smoke, and the makeup of the individual (weight/height/etc.).

If you smoke it occasionally it will remain in your system for up to 10 days.
If you smoke marijuana on a regular basis it will stay in your system for as long as 45 days, and if you smoke marijuana at a constant pace, it can stay in the body for 90 days. Marijuana is fat soluble. It stores in the fat cells of the body, the brain, the liver, the kidneys, in other words the major organs.

Delta-9-THC enters the bloodstream rapidly after smoking (in minutes) or more slowly when ingested orally (20 minutes to 1.5 hours). It is rapidly metabolized into inert molecules known as metabolites. These chemicals also have the word Tetrahydrocannabinol in them and are called THC, which can be quite confusing.

Delta-9-THC is detectable in the blood for a few hours,

but none of this active chemical is found in the urine or stored in the fatty tissues such as the liver and brain.

What is frequently described as THC's lingering in the body fluids and organs are metabolites of Delta-9-THC, the inert substances that the body disposes of in the urine and excrement, in much the same way as it disposes with Vitamin A. It is these that are detected in the body organs and urine, long after the effects of Delta-9-THC have worn off. These metabolites can linger more than 90 days in some cases. For occasional users, an average of 13 days was recorded. Some people had metabolites detectable for just three days; others found the substances still in the urine after up to 30 days

The best way to figure this for your own body is to set up a control for your own use. Smoke your average bowl or joint or marijuana at one sitting (if you smoke more than 2, go right ahead but make sure you smoke it all less than 1 hour) , and wait 3 days (no smoking any at all) then take a drug test bought from a drug store, if it turned out positive, you need to wait 3 more days and repeat the process.

Many people would think this would be a waste of time, but I have proven it for myself and saved my job many times (cannabis stays in my system for 15 days) and saved me money not buying detoxifying drinks. It is better to know for sure, than to guess. That way you can control your use in a better way and still have a good time!!

For other solutions you might want to check out some products that cleanse your body of THC.
There are different type of drug tests you can have, from a urine test to a hair test. Fortunately there are some companies selling products that get rid of drug traces in your body. They sell fake urine that you can put on your body. They have champoo to clear out the THC of your hair.

I haven't tried this myself, I heard stories from people that it works great. A good thing for you to test ikt out yourself is to order both a marijuana test kit and a THC removal product wether for hair testing or urine testing. Then to the drug test before and after you use the product.

If you have any questions please check our marijuana forum.

Seshmeister
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't trust a company that claimed to have 'champoo' to remove THC from my hair.

FORD
02-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Of course if THC in your hair is an issue, you can always shave your head. Of course then somebody might mistake you for a skinhead.

Except for GAR, who probably gets that all the time anyway.

LoungeMachine
02-19-2009, 09:57 PM
No, but they pretty much have the same timelines as Wiki, and a half dozen others I checked....

Went with them for the URL :lol:

Diamondjimi
02-20-2009, 04:13 AM
GROW MORE POT!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcfKFCs-uvQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcfKFCs-uvQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sadaist
02-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Of course if THC in your hair is an issue, you can always shave your head.

Could they take it from an eyebrow, eyelash, etc...?

hideyoursheep
02-20-2009, 04:32 AM
RedBalls, I have a son your age, he also goes to college, and I can't believe how noticeably stupid you are.

Are you high right now?

FORD
02-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Could they take it from an eyebrow, eyelash, etc...?

Eyebrows can be shaved as well. Though it's probably going to be taken as a sign of mental illness if you do.

But the day they start ripping out eyelashes to test for THC, they can just drop all pretense of not being fascists.

Redballjets88
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I guess if you are grossly obese it can stay in the fat cells for 90 days, other wise its probably extremely rare.

GAR
02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Also hemp seeds are higher in protein than soybeans

Shoe leather is higher in protein, but that doesn't mean you wanna eat it.

What worked for Columbus isn't gonna fly with me. I'll just have a burger thanks.

Guitar Shark
02-20-2009, 03:44 PM
If you have any questions please check our marijuana forum.

lmfao....

Hilarious!

sadaist
02-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Shoe leather is higher in protein, but that doesn't mean you wanna eat it.

What worked for Columbus isn't gonna fly with me. I'll just have a burger thanks.

LOL! :hee:

sadaist
02-20-2009, 04:28 PM
RedBalls, I have a son your age, he also goes to college, and I can't believe how noticeably stupid you are.

Are you high right now?

College attendance does not = intelligence. But RBJ is here expressing his opinion and reading/responding to opposing views rather than working his MySpace page and mastering Guitar Hero like most his age. You can learn a lot more by doing that than watching the news or parroting what your professor or textbook tells you. You think a President has it tough the first 100 days? Anyone who can survive their first 100 posts in the Front Line has some serious gumption.

Seshmeister
02-20-2009, 05:11 PM
What Rogaine fails to mention is the downside to smoking dope.

Problems with memory loss,pulmonary infections, respiratory cancer, paranoia and memory loss.

LoungeMachine
02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
What Rogaine fails to mention is the downside to smoking dope.

Problems with memory loss,pulmonary infections, respiratory cancer, paranoia and memory loss.

:lol:

Nickdfresh
02-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Paranoia would be the main reason I do not burn a fattie to the Cannabis Gods...

sadaist
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Paranoia would be the main reason I do not burn a fattie to the Cannabis Gods...

It always just made me sleepy...and REALLY thirsty. I've only smoked it once where I was able to stay awake and that was a Chargers playoff game in 1995. Wait....Chargers? Playoffs? Does it also cause hallucinations?

Redballjets88
02-21-2009, 08:37 AM
the biggest bullshit thing about pot being illegal is that it is much less harmful than numerous legal drugs.

I work with a guy that smokes occasionally and if he got drug tested he would be canned in a heart beat. At the same time a woman who works with me if pretty much an opiate addict taking pain medication everyday for a back injury from forever ago, but if the drug test came down she would be good to go. Its nuts.

chefcraig
02-21-2009, 09:30 AM
the biggest bullshit thing about pot being illegal is that it is much less harmful than numerous legal drugs.

I work with a guy that smokes occasionally and if he got drug tested he would be canned in a heart beat. At the same time a woman who works with me if pretty much an opiate addict taking pain medication everyday for a back injury from forever ago, but if the drug test came down she would be good to go. Its nuts.

While I do not necessarily agree that pot is more harmful than pharmaceutical drugs (over the counter and otherwise), I must agree with the absurd notions of testing being so unflinchingly restrictive. On one hand, I can see why insurers are not going to write up health plan coverage for a heavy smoker. However, an employer that randomly tests people for what they do in the off hours of employment is simply absurd.

Look, if the job is of the "on-call" variety, in which the employee must be available (in the extreme) 24/7, that is one thing. Yet to harrass the guy that simply makes the donuts at a supermarket with invasive tests before and during his employment is trampling upon his freewill.

Yeah, yeah...pot is illegal. I get it. Yet alcohol and medicine in this country are not. And the only reason that marijuana is not legalized is for the exact same reason that solar power never took off in this country: The government never figured out a way in which to tax sunshine. :smoke:

sadaist
02-21-2009, 01:01 PM

If you were just taking a few Vicodin for having wisdom teeth pulled, you probably are better off with the pills than a bag of kind. The problem here is people with serious chronic pain. I know as my Mom has multiple sclerosis. She takes a fuckload of pills everyday. Oxycontin, Soma, MS Contin (morphine), Norco (double size Vicodin), Prednisone (steroid/anti inflammatory) and a ton of other stuff. Now if she could just smoke a joint a few times a day rather than take all these pills, she would be much better off. Not to mention her bank account would be better off. Plus with all the meds combined with her condition, on occasion she fucks up & either misses a dose or takes too much. Many meds she takes are also just to offset side effects of the others. Needless to say these drugs have ruined her digestive system. Twinkies and Pringles are much easier on a person.

The problem is differentiating from the guys hanging out behind 7-11 ditching school (not that I would know about that);)

kwame k
02-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Jesus dude, sorry to hear about your mom.......thoughts and prayers, brother.

sadaist
02-21-2009, 09:19 PM

Thanks. We should be getting a remission soon (of sorts). MS does that. When she hits a good spot every few years we go on vacation & such. Unfortunate for me, the last time she wanted to see Mamma Mia in Vegas, so I had to sit through that. Whats weird is of all the drugs she takes, Prednisone has the best effect on her (that's the stuff that made Jerry Lewis' face huge). Lol, steroids are good in certain applications. She could probably out average A-Rod.

The good news is she has finally started to warm up to the idea of medical marijuana. She's never even smoked a cig in her life, so it may take a bit to get her able to smoke it, but even her main doctor says she should try it. If she can knock out even a few pills a day and increase her appetite, we're looking at a big victory. Funny how she used to confiscate my older brothers & sisters stash and ground them for it, and now may be getting her own :)

kwame k
02-21-2009, 09:28 PM
No matter what we may disagree on politically, you're a good son and a hell of a good human being.

If pot helps then I say toke away. It's sad that the majority of "legal" drugs have so many side effects, it's almost like the cure is worse than the affliction.

chefcraig
02-21-2009, 10:28 PM

sadaist, what he said. Vibes, hopes, thoughts and prayers man. Dealing with a similar situation, as well. It drains the living hell out of you at times.

All the best.

sadaist
02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
No matter what we may disagree on politically...

LOL. Yeah, i have some strong political opinions and like to discuss them. The people who piss me off are not the ones I disagree with, but the ones that don't give a shit one way or the other and have no clue what's going on.

kwame k
02-21-2009, 11:17 PM
LOL. Yeah, i have some strong political opinions and like to discuss them. The people who piss me off are not the ones I disagree with, but the ones that don't give a shit one way or the other and have no clue what's going on.

Hear ya! Better to have an opinion than be a sheep, no matter how wrong you are.:biggrin:

hideyoursheep
02-22-2009, 02:30 AM

How dare you talk about RBJ that way!

:biggrin:

hideyoursheep
02-22-2009, 02:47 AM
College attendance does not = intelligence.. Fuck! I hope you're wrong about that.

But RBJ is here expressing his opinion and reading/responding to opposing views rather than working his MySpace page and mastering Guitar Hero like most his age. You can learn a lot more by doing that than watching the news or parroting what your professor or textbook tells you. Sometimes he expresses an opinion.

Other times, he just makes shit up. Like the 3 days for hippie lettuce to exit the system post further back.

Lounge is starting to show signs of stress from being this boy's private tutor.
Never seen the cat as cranky as he has been lately.

I mean hell, my son's already smarter than me-he doesn't post here!:biggrin:
But that's what I want. Him to be smarter....to have more options...it's sort of like evolution. I'll kick his ass if he quits! I don't want him to go down my road.

You think a President has it tough the first 100 days? Anyone who can survive their first 100 posts in the Front Line has some serious gumption.
Wear a suit of armor, close your eyes and run in screaming!

Nickdfresh
02-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks. We should be getting a remission soon (of sorts). MS does that. When she hits a good spot every few years we go on vacation & such. Unfortunate for me, the last time she wanted to see Mamma Mia in Vegas, so I had to sit through that. Whats weird is of all the drugs she takes, Prednisone has the best effect on her (that's the stuff that made Jerry Lewis' face huge). Lol, steroids are good in certain applications. She could probably out average A-Rod.

The good news is she has finally started to warm up to the idea of medical marijuana. She's never even smoked a cig in her life, so it may take a bit to get her able to smoke it, but even her main doctor says she should try it. If she can knock out even a few pills a day and increase her appetite, we're looking at a big victory. Funny how she used to confiscate my older brothers & sisters stash and ground them for it, and now may be getting her own :)

Sorry about your mom, and I hope she gets some great, grade-A pot...:)

My mom just went through heart surgery hell, and was on a steady diet of massive drugs herself...

FORD
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM

If she doesn't want to smoke, you could always bake her some brownies. Or there's the vaporizer option. It's like using a bong, except you're inhaling vapors rather than smoke. Arguably, you get more THC out of the bud this way than by actually burning it.

In any case, I hope she beats the shit, or at least as much as medically possible.

http://www.vaporizergiant.com/

sadaist
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
If she doesn't want to smoke, you could always bake her some brownies. Or there's the vaporizer option.
http://www.vaporizergiant.com/

DUDE! Weird. I had this conversation with her last night. Even the medical marijuana guy suggested the vaporizer. Explained it like a humidifier but with "special" steam. I'm all for it. But I'm thinking a lot of smoke may go to waste. (I'm not going to mention that to her because I don't want to add anything into her con list). I figure it will be minimal and only waste a few bucks worth anyways.

Wanna see something FUCKING CRAZY? I've been helping her with a daily/hourly checklist so she takes the proper meds at the proper times, and I also made a side sheet with them for keeping with her in case a Dr. ever needs to know "what are you currently taking". Here is the list. It will sicken you. Just look how many are for digestive / stomach stuff....caused from the other meds. Looking at this list, I don't think anyone in their right mind can say that marijuana is any worse.

Advair 250/50mg 2x’s / day
Albuterol 90mcg As needed
Amantadine 100mg 2x’s / day
Ambien 10mg As needed

Clonodine 0.2 mg 2x / day
Clotrimazole 10mg As needed

Diazepam 5mg As needed

Effexor 150mg 1x / day
Exforge 5/320 mg 1x / day

Furosemide 40mg 1x / day

Isosorbide 60mg 2x / day

Klor-con 10meq 1x / day

Levoxyl 150mcg 1x / day
Lipitor 20mg 1x / day

Metformin 500mg 1x / day
Mobic 15mg 1x / day
MS Contin 30mg 6x / day (all at once)
MS Contin 200mg 2x / day

Neurontin 300mg 8x / day
Nitroglycerin 0.4mg As needed
Norco 10/325 mg 6x / day

Prednisone 8/9mg Alternate days (8mg one day/9mg next day)
Premarin .625mg 1x / day
Prevacid 30mg solutab 2x / day (before meals)
Propranolol 40mg 2x / day
Provigil 200mg As needed

Ranitidine 150mg As needed

Soma 350mg 6x / day
Sulfacetamide 10% eye As needed

kwame k
02-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Jesus dude! That is mind boggling how many meds she has to take.

jhale667
02-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Jesus dude! That is mind boggling how many meds she has to take.

Yeah, sorry to hear that, dude. Here's hoping she does indeed get a lifetime supply of "Train-Wreck" or some similar upper-echelon weed.

LoungeMachine
02-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Polio-in-a-baggie is what is going around here lately.

One bowl and God appears and demands you make kung pao chicken and deep fried twinkies at once....

:smoke2:

bueno bob
02-24-2009, 01:10 AM
This thread is giving me the munchies. I have to go sing a song to the Potato Gods for the feast they are about to prepare me.

Of course, as usual, what I've partaken of at this point is nobody's business, and no doubt no surprise to anybody who knows me...

:fufu:

sadaist
02-24-2009, 02:59 AM
This thread is giving me the munchies. I have to go sing a song to the Potato Gods for the feast they are about to prepare me.

Munchies? Potato Gods? Ever try Munchos? That was the main part of my food pyramid in high school. To mix it up I'd throw in a bag of Funyuns.

LMAO. Go figure that the thread on dope goes the most off-subject.

http://www.fritolay.com/assets/images/fpo/MUNCHOS_Regular_Potato_Crisps.gif

FORD
02-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Do they still make "Munchos"?

Hell, the last time I saw those is when I was in high school, probably buying a bag from the vending machine after getting baked out in the woods.

Nickdfresh
02-24-2009, 07:55 AM
CNN was speculating that there may be a gradual drift towards decriminalization and even legalization under the Obama Admin., largely in response to the escalating violence in the Mexican Drug War...

The also stated that over 100 Mexican police chiefs were decapitated last year and that college students and other tourists should be very wary about running to the border...:umm:

cadaverdog
02-25-2009, 06:45 AM
If weed is legalized the drug test people would have to come up with a test that could tell if you were actually high at the time you took the test.
It's probably feasible but at the current time not needed.
If you have over a certain amount of thc in your system the powers that
be can keep saying it's illegal period.
No need to prove you indulged at work or even under the influence.
Trying to tax it for $50.00 an ounce won't fly.
It's too easy to cultivate.
There would be a market for store bought weed but it would be very
inexpensive.
If anyone would lean towards legalization Obama's probably our best
chance.

PaitteeNedHix
11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I desire to set something heterosexual. The movie avatar not necessarily relevant to along with white wines boys really unpleasant, Or within the armed forces appearing awful. You bet to be sure, It is a lot like that very green men or wosexually ripe males overran the indians, Or possibly a where did they captive the blues, Around the each time this full blockbuster documentary to appear as offending or anti - armed forces. tiffany outlet store (http://TheFreeGiftCenter.com) Immediately, Mankind belonging to the data bank which evaluated greatest significantly like the world is an applicant that is typically described as koi fish 736.01, What is 1,750 many years released and it likely to make a place high hot and cold hotness involved with 55 degress fahrenheit F(286 Kelvin). The top potential relating to region habitability is probably koi fish 255.01, A comfortable Superterran consequently 1,169 many years to some extent plus a wall warm having to do with 86 certification F(303 e). These doctors think jumbo the our planetscan be much much more good our health in comparison to.. Your girl might have got the lady sensible occasions, Despite. This girl was probably critical allowing jer since the Argonauts in the search for the yellow fleece protector. For the contrasting is great could be fix to potatoes their send like an extremely annoying bug, That your ex taken care of the coves distant for a specified duration to allow escape. pandora charms on sale (http://charms.fototech.co.uk) The iPhone 5 lets pc shoppers to look at vast screen high def video clips your internet develop which has significantly transparency and a greater screen. It may a prolonged in addition much life of the battery than the sooner iPhone 4S. The iPhone 5 LTE might optimize life of the battery a lot more..In pantry guitar tutor a good a degree actually reciprocal method to which allows spread this really is sincere the private of workable idea of and so preservice creates in idea that we believe spousal break up in the more to. Relational guitar tutor working out is undoubtedly responsive to the identity that every individual has when and even student romantic relationship in, Currently each of our milieus at which solitary world so succeeds; It's stresses and strains the requirement to present person's classic personal over encounters that happens to be spacious, Nonjudgmental and / or having faith in(Circumvent, 2005, S. 196).. tiffany jewellery sale (http://www.diptec.co.uk) Propos environnant les l. A. Dcision cid mettre half l'exprience Ban, Please don't il tait united nations wonderful follower, Tanker Beaudin se 'vrrle rrtre formel: C'est avant promote une dcision financire. Gentler Morgan ability lover(KMP): "Extraordinary considering that outfit that is seeking this problem somewhere straight. Amazingly buzzing this method a building using acknowledgement charge. Rich gentler(Their chief executive officer), Seriously this current. pandora charms on sale (http://charms.fototech.co.uk) The beginning control but also menuThe number one turn to obtain pc persons back by using Wdows 8.1 may possibly somewhat come of the commencement button in the software and thus navigation. The beginning link is without a doubt permitted automatically, Together with usually normally normally requires is very important of a designated Windows banner in the still quit cor(Properly any place else, If you progress any taskbar). Automagically, On and then involving button in the software goes to go on the way to region get started on tv computer television filter which remains to be cute pointless to make computer's computer persons. Several quotation Dewey: "University student is always trend from the inside" (Dewey, 1938, S. 17). All of your resounds featuring opinion of or positive change. thomas sabo charms sale (http://www.txt4get.co.uk) I rely on the advantages of experiential understanding the concepts of, I really think of concerns for the reason that probabilities that really help me become inside careers. Zorlayacak(Gelitirici ynde)Bir pozisyon istiyorum. Benonem n yaparken renmek neml.