PDA

View Full Version : The California $15,000 DemoTAX

GAR
02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
How much more are you going to have to pay this year in California taxes? Average family will pay $3K/ann the next 5 years.

-because the Spendocrats control the State.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Calculate personal tax impact of proposed budget
ShareThis
By Phillip Reese
preese@sacbee.com
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009

The Legislature and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger are considering a budget package that includes tax increases.

Use this calculator to see how the tax increases under consideration could affect your household.

http://www.sacbee.com/1098/story/1627728.html

Assumptions: Calculations based on Assembly Floor Report given to legislators Saturday night. Assumes $22.13 of every $1,000 in personal income will be spent on sales taxes, up from current rate of $19.45 per $1,000. (Sales tax assumption based on figures here, but adjusted based on interviews with state finance officials noting that about 35 percent of sales tax revenue is generated by business-to-business transactions.) Assumes 5 percent income tax surcharge. Taxes paid based largely on Franchise Tax board table. Assumes vehicle license fee increases from .65 percent to 1.15 percent of car's value. Assumes gas tax increases by 12 cents per gallon. Assumes each dependent tax credit reduced by $210.

Notes: The 5 percent surcharge on income tax liability will be halved to 2.5 percent if sufficient bailout money comes to the state from the feds. The percentage of income that goes toward taxable items varies by income level -- the poor pay a higher percentage of their income on sales taxes than the wealthy, so their sales tax burden is often more than the number shown here. The child tax credit isn't refundable, so if you don't make enough to owe taxes, you aren't going to lose the estimated child tax credits shown above (though you might now owe taxes if the credit gets reduced.) Income tax formula adjusted early Tuesday (2/17) evening to better reflect impact of 5 percent surcharge.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/amoose14/LiberalsAgainstAmerica.jpg

GAR
02-18-2009, 04:37 PM
February 18, 2009
Hollingsworth: Take taxes off the table, reopen talks

Newly minted Senate GOP leader Dennis Hollingsworth said Wednesday morning that he opposes balancing the state's books with any new taxes and that he would like to reopen budget talks.

But there is no sign that other parties to the deal -- Democrats and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger -- will accede to that demand or that the GOP senators likely to vote for the package are influenced at all by Hollingsworth's position.

http://www.americans-working-together.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/liberals.jpg

"I hope that the new leader of the Republican caucus can produce his budget plan within the next, let's say, three to four hours, and have it drafted and ready to go for debate on the floor of our respective houses," Senate President Prom Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, said. "We're sticking to the bipartisan negotiated budget that took 60 days to get to and we're going to get that one vote (for it to pass)."

Hollingsworth, R-Murrieta, whose caucus ousted ex-leader Dave Cogdill late last night, said his "hope is that this deal doesn't make it through."

"The vast majority of my caucus does not want to see a budget passed with a tax increase," Hollingsworth said. "To the extent that that requires the budget negotiations to be reopened, then that may be necessary."

Democratic leadership and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger have been steadfast in their opposition to reopening talks on the $40 billion-plus package, which includes $15.8 billion in spending cuts, $14.3 billion in tax hikes and $10.9 billion in borrowing.

Steinberg said this morning he is "focused on gaining the one additional vote" needed to pass the plan. Legislative leaders say passage from the Assembly is assured with three GOP supporters, while it has fallen one vote short in the Senate.

Cogdill, the removed Republican leader, supports the package he negotiated, as does Sen. Roy Ashburn, R-Bakersfield.

California is one of three states that requires a two-thirds majority to pass a budget, greatly empowering the Republican minority.

Hollingsworth's ascent is widely viewed as an effort to steer the already conservative GOP caucus further to the right.

Asked by a reporter if he would be "willing to budge at all" on the tax issue, Hollingsworth replied, "I just don't think it's necessary...why is it that everybody else has to tighten their belt and state government is able to go back and, in effect, take money out of people's pockets in order to try to fix that problem."

"We think that, yeah, there ought to be a balanced solution, but one of the things that ought to be off the table is those tax increases," he added, though it's unclear what kind of balanced solution would not increase tax hikes.

Still, the possibility remains that one more Republican will stray from the GOP pack.

Sens. Abel Maldonado of Santa Maria and Dave Cox of Fair Oaks remain the chief targets of the governor's and Democrats' attention.

"That's something Sen. Maldonado is going have to decide," Hollingsworth said. "We're hopeful that he doesn't do that. We're hopeful that everyone will come together in our caucus and decide that raising taxes is not a good idea in this (economic) climate."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/capitolalertlatest/019734.html

Nickdfresh
02-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Then quite bitching about it and move out you pussy! How else will they pay for you browsing at the library?

Satan
02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
If Herr Governor doesn't veto such a bill, then are you gonna come up with some stupid name for him like "The Taxinator". :rolleyes:

swage33
02-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Californians said, "Yes to the Nazis and yes to groping women!" ....Conan O'brien bit...fucking hilarious.

GAR
02-18-2009, 08:15 PM
How else will they pay for you browsing at the library?

That part about my donation brick in the library wall named after me isn't real, but I have a donation brick for you which is real if you'd like to receive it...

Big Train
02-19-2009, 11:54 PM
I wonder what the final bill will be now that the budget has been settled.