PDA

View Full Version : Obama / Democrat hypocrisy?

sadaist
02-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Just look at these recent news blurbs and decide for yourself.

January 28, 2009

"Citigroup, the banking giant which is being propped up with funds from the US taxpayer, has scrapped plans to take delivery of a $50m corporate jet, after a public outcry and a reprimand from President Barack Obama."

February 18, 2009

"Just after lawmakers scolded auto executives for flying to Washington in private jets, Congress approved a tax break in the stimulus package to help businesses buy their own planes."

"At least $23.8 billion in corporate tax breaks have been included in the $825 billion bailout in order to win backing from key business groups and their Congressional allies"

"The aviation industry, which is cutting jobs as it suffers from declining shipments and canceled orders..."

I already know the response. "these new potential buyers aren't asking for a bailout". If you look at the stimulus package and listen to the politicians, we all are in need of a bailout. The bailout is for propping up almost everyone.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/02/18/ap6068341.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/obama-forces-citigroup-to-cancel-50m-executive-jet-order-1517971.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/27/stimulus-features-tax-cut_n_161170.html

GAR
02-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Now post the companion article to this one about 800 us auto dealerships closing across the country.

Big Train
02-19-2009, 11:47 PM
There is a lot to choose from on this subject, pick your angle.

"Transparency" as in hand picking your reporters.

Claiming irresponsibility on previous admins parts while spending a TRILLION in your first 30 days on the job

Letting a known tax cheat manage that trillion dollars.

Saying your experienced enough for the job, while then assembling a team that can't get a qualified nomination for most of it's positions.

Decrying "special interests" while essentially paying off your own via pork items in the stimulus.

Changing your claims on a weekly basis, from creating millions of jobs to merely "saving" them (stat sleight of hand)

I was planning on giving him 90 days before criticizing him, but the last 30 have been more than enough.

Sgt Schultz
02-20-2009, 07:14 PM
http://www.discountbookdistributors.com/images/products/display/Impeach_Obama.jpg

LoungeMachine
02-20-2009, 07:16 PM
http://www.discountbookdistributors.com/images/products/display/Impeach_Obama.jpg

:lol:

What took you so long??

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
"Transparency" as in hand picking your reporters.

Like inviting Rush and Hannity to the West Wing?

or more like calling on Jimmy/Jeff Gannon/Guckert.....

Short memories, fellas.........

FORD
02-20-2009, 08:37 PM

What took you so long??

Did you hear the shit that wackjob Alan Keyes was saying? :biggrin:

Big Train
02-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Like inviting Rush and Hannity to the West Wing?

or more like calling on Jimmy/Jeff Gannon/Guckert.....

Short memories, fellas.........

Bush never made the transparency claim that Obama did Lounge. Holier than thou was what he promised.

swage33
02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
If you wish to be sane and normal....do not disagree with ford.

FORD
02-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Bush never made the transparency claim that Obama did Lounge. Holier than thou was what he promised.

So far, Obama's delivered on more promises in one month than Chimpy did in 8 years. Not that I'm happy with everything he's done so far, but at least he's taking action. Chimpy didn't really do shit until Sept 12, 2001 and after then he didn't do anything good.

Big Train
02-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Incorrect action is worse than no action. Everyone who decries the "last 8 years" would agree with that. Obama just seems to be doing incorrect actions at a much faster pace to me.

FORD
02-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks to 28 years of fucked up economic policies, the situation demands that he act now. How long would you want him to wait?

Romeo Delight
02-21-2009, 02:16 AM
The only thing I would like to see is a plan for the auto idustry. A radical plan where all vehicles are zero emissions in 5 years and nothing but hybrids at a bare minimum.

That isn't enough really. Pretty difficult for sweeping change in all of the turmoil, but Cheney has made enough $ from the last 8 years from oil in his "blind" trust.:rolleyes:

Shit, I think even Gore could have won this election.

sadaist
02-21-2009, 03:33 AM
The only thing I would like to see is a plan for the auto idustry. A radical plan where all vehicles are zero emissions in 5 years and nothing but hybrids at a bare minimum.

Yeah, we would use much less gasoline and our taxes would go up since they wouldn't be getting enough gas tax from us. Which is exactly why there is already talk of imposing a per mile tax. Seems like they're finally realizing that all this hybrid / fuel efficiency is going to kill their cash cow.

GAR
02-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Diane Feinstein emailed me back about the Junior Senator from Illinois thusly: HAHAHAA~!! "..Senate's decision is legal and prudent" yeah, how about naiive, blundering and downright immoral!

Subject: U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message
Monday, February 9, 2009 2:49 PM
To: GAR

Dear GAR:

Thank you for writing to me regarding the appointment of Roland Burris to the United States Senate. It is a pleasure to hear from you and I welcome this opportunity to respond.

I understand that you have concerns regarding Mr. Burris' appointment to the Senate. I would like to assure you, however, that the Senate's decision to seat Mr. Burris is both legal and prudent. In the case of a vacancy, the 17th Amendment clearly gives the power of appointment to the State's governor, and despite his recent impeachment and removal, Governor Blagojevich still had the legal authority to appoint Mr. Burris at the time of the appointment. The Constitution states that to be qualified to serve as a Senator one must be at least 30 years old, have been a citizen of the United States for at least nine years and, at the time of election, be a resident of the state one is to represent. Mr. Burris legally fulfills these requirements and possesses the necessary credentials with the proper signatures to serve as a Senator from Illinois.

If the Senate chose not to seat Mr. Burris, we would create ramifications for gubernatorial appointments all over America. We would set a hazardous precedent that would give the Senate unconstitutional powers to judge the validity of political actions beyond its Constitutional duties.

I would like to assure you that Mr. Burris is an experienced public servant, and Governor Blagojevich's actions should not taint the image of such a man. He has a long and distinguished career of public service as attorney general and controller of Illinois and is a very well-respected man.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope you will continue to write to me on matters of importance to you. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841, or on the Internet at http://feinstein.senate.gov. Best Regards.

Sincerely yours, Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup

GAR
02-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Fucking billion-dollar Banking bitch!

Romeo Delight
02-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, we would use much less gasoline and our taxes would go up since they wouldn't be getting enough gas tax from us. Which is exactly why there is already talk of imposing a per mile tax. Seems like they're finally realizing that all this hybrid / fuel efficiency is going to kill their cash cow.

We are screwed aren't we. The global meltdown is only making governments bigger, which is definitely not better

WACF
02-21-2009, 11:42 AM

That isn't enough really. Pretty difficult for sweeping change in all of the turmoil, but Cheney has made enough $ from the last 8 years from oil in his "blind" trust.:rolleyes:

Shit, I think even Gore could have won this election.

Nice idea on paper but....hybrids do not work worth shit in cold climates...nor do the special bio-diesel blends being pushed.

Our city bailed on bio diesel for winter because even with the anti-gel...they had a lot of issues with the buses.

The Hybrids do not heat worth crap in the cold...alot of unhappy people in these parts this winter.

What should be pushed is working on fuel economy...we can put a man on the moon but can't make a 1/2 ton get 30 mpg...

kwame k
02-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm glad the mileage tax isn't going to happen, for now. I agree that the cash cow of the gas tax is going to have to be supplemented somehow to keep our roads in good shape. Taxing people on their mileage is, on paper, a good thing and the more you use the services the more you should pay..........

Not sure I agree with that because, think of this senerio..........a person makes say 9 or 10 bucks an hour and their job is 40 miles one way.......how the hell will they pay the .5 cents a mile, on a working poor wage. We will see some sort of tax to supplement the gas tax but I'm not sure how that will play out.

Romeo Delight
02-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Nice idea on paper but....hybrids do not work worth shit in cold climates...nor do the special bio-diesel blends being pushed.

What should be pushed is working on fuel economy...we can put a man on the moon but can't make a 1/2 ton get 30 mpg...

Yeah, I think there is alot of work to be done for work trucks...

But isn't the technology available to run cars on cooking oil?

So, when you pull up to Burger King, you can get your Whopper AND a tank of "fuel"?:tongue0011:

WACF
02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm glad the mileage tax isn't going to happen, for now. I agree that the cash cow of the gas tax is going to have to be supplemented somehow to keep our roads in good shape. Taxing people on their mileage is, on paper, a good thing and the more you use the services the more you should pay..........

Not sure I agree with that because, think of this senerio..........a person makes say 9 or 10 bucks an hour and their job is 40 miles one way.......how the hell will they pay the .5 cents a mile, on a working poor wage. We will see some sort of tax to supplement the gas tax but I'm not sure how that will play out.

I see your point completly.

The mine I work at is 80KM South of my city.

We do carpool...but paying a toll or a tax just seems like overkill.

Now in my case...we could afford to pay it...but I see alot of beat of vehicles on the road everyday with people driving that look like they don't have two nickels to rub together...in my province...we have a few large centers and alot of rural/farm towns.

We pay enough taxes....

sadaist
02-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Well, we are already paying per mile for driving. Auto insurance companies partially use your annual mileage when underwriting your policy and determining your rate. In fact, annual mileage is a large part of it. A policy could go up several hundred dollars a year because someone went from the 7,500 and under bracket to over 12,000 due to a trip taken. The government doing it just doesn't seem right. I think tourism industry groups will really lobby against this. Places especially like California & Las Vegas depend on people driving in from neighboring states. This would definitely have an impact on them directly. If we get a voice in this, my vote is NO.

WACF
02-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I think there is alot of work to be done for work trucks...

So, when you pull up to Burger King, you can get your Whopper AND a tank of "fuel"?:tongue0011:

That could be...but the kicker here is the weather...when it is cold...it is fucking cold.

Old technology and fuel are the only things that work consistently.

The focus should be on fuel economy.

Semi's still get what...7-9 MPG...and alot of that is blamed on too much emission control...

sadaist
02-21-2009, 12:42 PM

Hey, let's start a new fast food restaurant. We can call it......Fuel 'N Gruel.

hideyoursheep
02-22-2009, 03:23 AM
The Hybrids do not heat worth crap in the cold...alot of unhappy people in these parts this winter.

Interesting...