PDA

View Full Version : Obama has asked all Americans to volunteer

sadaist
02-24-2009, 06:42 AM
I see these commercials with President Obama asking us to sign up at USAService.org. Figured I would check it out. So I enter my zip, and 6 out of 7 nearby events are for Forex bullshit. WTF? The other one is actually kinda cool. Volunteer to raise a seeing eye dog puppy for it's first 18 months. Maybe it's just my area is fucked. Wondering if anyone else finds anything worthwhile.

Although I think this is somewhat a waste of taxpayer money for the government to air these commercials everywhere. People who volunteer already know what & where they like to do it. People who don't, won't. Maybe I'm wrong, just my experience.

http://www.usaservice.org/content/home/

The worthy one...
http://www.usaservice.org/page/event/detail/other/4v3zk

The scammer...who leads us to another link that I won't list to raise his Google search results at all. But he even is using a very similar web address to make it seem legit or even govt sponsored and trick people. Fucking tool.
http://www.usaservice.org/page/event/detail/education/4vjvv

binnie
02-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Ok, ok, I'll volunteer.

I'll bang Jennifer Anniston. I'll take that one for the team. I'll help America. She seems to have troubles keeping a man, and I'll gladly put aside what I'm doing just to make sure she gets her dosage of slong on a regualr basis.

It seems that America, indeed the entire world, is troubled by her hapless love-life. Please, allow me to end everyone's concern by ensuring that she has more red ends than a match factory.

Was this what Obama had in mind? C'mon Jen, it's change you need.....

Seshmeister
02-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Is there a job going to re-educate that dumb cunt Oprah?

I'm willing to spend a day or two explaining to her how ghosts, goblins, fairies and astrology aren't true as long as I'm allowed to smack her in the head occasionally... :)

And don't have to cheer her like a mentalist for
a) 'being herself' and getting fat.
b) 'achieving her goals' and losing some weight.

depending on whether it's an odd or even year...

kwame k
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
You're a true Patriot, Binnie!

VanHalener
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I signed up for updates of DC area events.

We'll see what comes along.

Nickdfresh
02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Is there a job going to re-educate that dumb cunt Oprah?

I'm willing to spend a day or two explaining to her how ghosts, goblins, fairies and astrology aren't true as long as I'm allowed to smack her in the head occasionally... :)

And don't have to cheer her like a mentalist for
a) 'being herself' and getting fat.
b) 'achieving her goals' and losing some weight.

depending on whether it's an odd or even year...

You forgot relying on a huge staff of researchers, handlers, and producers to make her appear both somewhat functional and to know what she is babbling about...

Satan
02-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Say what you want about Oprah, but she's a self-made woman who built an empire without even doing anything criminal, at least that I'm aware of.

And she backed the winning candidate in the last election long before most other people did.

I'm not a fan, have maybe seen a total of 5 episodes of her show in the last 25 years, and I will neither confirm or deny any allegations of any existing contracts between Ms. Winfrey and my Most Unholy self. But still, you gotta respect what she's done to some extent.

kwame k
02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Say what you want about Oprah, but she's a self-made woman who built an empire without even doing anything criminal, at least that I'm aware of.

And she backed the winning candidate in the last election long before most other people did.

I'm not a fan, have maybe seen a total of 5 episodes of her show in the last 25 years, and I will neither confirm or deny any allegations of any existing contracts between Ms. Winfrey and my Most Unholy self. But still, you gotta respect what she's done to some extent.

Oh Bullshit, your most Unholiness.......she fucking signed the contract with you and don't deny it.......A fat women and a women of color who was able to make a billion dollars in a white, male dominated industry.....she's not hot, she's an ok talent and not that revolutionary......so you want to explain to me how she got to where she is?

Seshmeister
02-24-2009, 10:00 PM

Given her record it's possible that she just backed Obama because he was black.

More importantly look at the dangerous quackery and superstitions she supports.

Children will die(if they haven't already) due to her support of Jenny McCarthy's campaign against vaccinations.

She's heavily featured spiritualists who scam people out of money and even pretend to find missing children reporting them dead.

She set up a school run by pedophiles in South Africa.

She uses her TV program to promote every bullshit New Age philosophy in the world, including the total crap like "The Secret," which teaches readers or viewers that simply by desiring them strongly enough, one may obtain wealth, health and happiness.

I think a lot of this is due to complete fucking stupidity and ignorance rather than malice hence my post.

I don't give a flying fuck about her show and like Ford have only seen half a dozen of them over the years. The reason I'm going on about her is Winfrey was called "arguably the world's most powerful woman" by CNN and Time.com, "arguably the most influential woman in the world" by the American Spectator, "one of the 100 people who most influenced the 20th Century" and "one of the most influential people" of 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 by Time. Winfrey is the only person in the world to have made all six lists.

If we're told she is that influential then she needs to be educated.

Satan
02-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Given her record it's possible that she just backed Obama because he was black.

I don't remember her being an outspoken supporter of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson when they were running for President. Or Alan Keyes, for that matter. So I doubt it was a "black thing". Might have been a "Chicago" thing to some extent, though, since being based in Chicago herself would have given Oprah more knowledge of Obama's pre-US Senate political career than the rest of the country would have had at the time.

Nickdfresh
02-25-2009, 02:54 AM

As far as dOpeprah, there are a lot of accusations that she isn't so "self-made," but a Muppet and "brand" that is just empty-headed talent surrounded by people who do her actual thinking and that she's dumb as a box of rocks. She got her start as little more than a Jerry Springer talk show host, then used that to buy help and transform herself into some iconic bullshit artist..

Look at how she made that demented asshole Dr. Phil, who is nothing more than a charlatan conman spouting homespun, common sense pop-psychology...

I'd also argue that Hitler was a 'self-made man' by these definitions...

ELVIS
02-25-2009, 04:23 AM

And that's a good thing ??

Getting a huge number of women who (in general) by a large number admit to knowing nothing about politics ??

:elvis:

ELVIS
02-25-2009, 04:27 AM
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:I4oTmTu15HTu0M:http://libraridan.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/oprah08.jpg

Yeah right...:biggrin:

hideyoursheep
02-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Getting a huge number of women who (in general) by a large number admit to knowing nothing about politics ??

Yeah.

Sarah Palin ring any bells? :duh:

lesfunk
02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Oprah looks like a grouper with a nappy dome

FORD
02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
And that's a good thing ??

As opposed to a huge number of men who know nothing about politics and voted for Chimpy because he was "the guy they wanted to have a beer with".

(even though Chimpy was supposedly a "recovered alcoholic" who didn't even drink beer)

GAR
02-26-2009, 02:07 AM
I volunteer to vote for every new unseasoned fucking BALLOT elector in the new local and state elections, so everyone else who's had at least one term in office can count on me voting them OUT.

sadaist
02-26-2009, 02:12 AM
I volunteer to vote for every new unseasoned fucking BALLOT elector in the new local and state elections, so everyone else who's had at least one term in office can count on me voting them OUT.

No shit. I'm tired of the whole lot of them. I especially hate members of my party telling me who the new face is to lead the party in the future.