PDA

View Full Version : Ginger Baker REALLY hates the Cream song "Wrapping Paper!"

BITEYOASS
02-24-2009, 02:56 PM
This is the same way I feel about "How many say, I"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmG_MxbGIfk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmG_MxbGIfk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
He really hates Jack Bruce.

Andy Taylor
02-26-2009, 10:37 PM
My biggest memory of Cream will always be going on a stupid bus trip in college and my only salvation was turning to my Cream best of tape. I've gotten tired of Cream though.

VHscraps
09-25-2010, 08:38 AM
There was a funny interview with Baker in Classic Rock, March 2010. He rips into everyone, apart from John Lennon and Eric Clapton.

Yeah, he hates Jack Bruce totally, but he doesn't really like hardly anyone - especially other drummers. Here's what he said when he was asked about what rock drummers he liked:

Moonie [Keith Moon] was a wonderful guy, but if you are going to judge [how good a drummer is] from minus two to 10 then I'm a golden 10. Mitch Mitchell was a journeyman. He was hopeless. John Bonham, Ringo Starr, Charlie Watts ... they're a three or four. I like Charlie ... he's perfect for the Stones. But I hate the Stones and always have done. Mick Jagger is a musical moron. True, he's an economic genius... Most of 'em [rock musicians] are fucking morons.

It's funny stuff.

A lot of those sixties guys are pretty jealous at the level of success some bands from the same era achieved (and bands from other eras covered their songs - e.g. Dave Davies on Van Halen, etc).

Jack Bruce was another - he was lashing out at Led Zeppelin recently, calling them 'crap', etc. Mainly because of that Led Zeppelin reunion show in London a couple of years ago - because it started out as a tribute gig to Ahmet Ertegun of Atlantic Records, at which Cream were playing. Then it got turned into something all about Zeppelin.

I like Jack Bruce - from my part of the world, Scotland.