PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!?! is up with that god awful drumming from that fuckin coldplay song viva la..

BITEYOASS
02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
...vida. The drummer is just basically bashing a bass drum throughout the whole FUCKIN song! I've seen mentally retarted people play the skins better than that. I could probably play that whole song while eating a sub.

Panamark
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds impressive. At least they are consistent with their innovative style :barf:

Top Jimmy
03-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Is that the song Satriani is suing them over?

I can't listen, so I don't know..
Coldplay makes me break out in hives after listening for less than a minute.

Panamark
03-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Heres what Bono thinks:
(Like I care, but if you get called a wanker by Bono, well... you have been
called out by an expert in the field)

IT has been a friendly rivalry between the world's two biggest bands - until now.

Yesterday, as Bono promoted U2's new album No Line on the Horizon on British radio, he lashed out at Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin, calling him "a w--ker".

The Irish rocker then attempted to backtrack, only to further insult Martin, saying he was a "dysfunctional character and a cretin".

Bono's comments come as Martin and his Coldplay bandmates began the Australian leg of their Viva La Vida world tour in Perth this weekend.

Tensions between the two mega bands has escalated in recent years with Coldplay often referred to as "the new U2".

Martin also often speaks of his admiration for U2 and his desire to replicate their success.

Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph in the lead-up to Coldplay's Australian tour, Martin said he idolised U2.

"We are the world's best substitute; that is what we are," said Martin.

However, Bono's radio interview on the BBC revealed the feeling obviously isn't mutual.

The singer's interview began immediately after a Coldplay song had been played and interviewer Jo Whiley asked Bono if Martin was as talented as Paul McCartney.

"I think he's that good a melodist, but he's a w--ker," Bono replied.

When Whiley asked him if would like to apologise, Bono said: "He's obviously a completely dysfunctional character and a cretin, but he happens tobe a great melodist and up there with Ray Davis, Noel Gallagher and Paul McCartney."

But the superstar rocker, 48, also admitted to feeling threatened by younger groups, including Coldplay.

He said: "In our heads we're up against Coldplay and The Killers ... you've got to keep an eye on the youth."

Only a week ago, Bono and Martin teamed up to perform at a London charity concert, sharing the stage with The Killers' lead singer Brandon Flowers and Take That's Gary Barlow.

It took U2 five years to record No Line On The Horizon, which was released nationally yesterday, and critics believe it's an attempt to win back their "biggest band in the world" mantle.

A spokesman for Martin said he had no comment about Bono's outburst.

BITEYOASS
03-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Is that the song Satriani is suing them over?

Yeah, that song.