PDA

View Full Version : Peter Tork needs to call Eddie Van Halen

Mr Walker
03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Former Monkee Peter Tork Fights Cancer

Peter Tork, former member of the wildly popular 60's group The Monkees, was recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma and will undergo extensive surgery today in New York.

The cancer is uncommon and generally grows slowly on a person's head and neck. It's most frequently found in the salivary glands but in Tork's case was discovered on the lower region of his tongue.

Doctors say preliminary findings from a biopsy show the cancer has not spread beyond the initial site and the 67-year old Tork says his prognosis is good. His surgery will be followed by radiation.

Peter remains cheerful about his condition and hopeful about the future.

"I am extraordinarily grateful, amazed and humbled by the encouragement, affection and support I've received so far," Peter says of the reaction from friends and family to the news of his illness. "Barring any complications, I fully expect to honor a performance date I have this June with (his current band) Shoe Suede Blues," Tork states. "We're appearing in Manchester, Connecticut and I'm looking forward to that and all our tour dates."

As for touring with his Monkees cohorts again?

"Well, never say never," Tork smiles.

Mr Walker
03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Didn't Ed tell Stern that he developed a cure for cancer in a meth shack in Jersey?

Matt White
03-05-2009, 09:32 AM
HA!!!

He should call DAVID LEE ROTH....

didn't DAVE hook SPed up with the Doc's #???

ELVIS
03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
No, the Smokin' Loon killed the Cancer...

:elvis:

FORD
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
I think we can rule out another Monkees reunion. Peter won't have a tongue, Mickey won't have any hair, Davy's driving drunk, and Mike never wants to tour with them anyway.

It would be more dysfunctional than Van Hagar's Velveetapalooza 2004 if they tried.

Reverberator
03-05-2009, 05:07 PM
What's he want to tork about??

FORD
03-06-2009, 02:37 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3CCk1gMTKM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3CCk1gMTKM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELVIS
03-06-2009, 02:45 AM
How many hidden musucians did they have ??

And why did I watch that ??

:elvis:

Seshmeister
03-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Yet another victim of the metal guitar pick and it's mysterious unknown forces. It's now spreading to people that just smoked and drank heavily near a metal pick.

Something must be done about this NOW!

Will someone please think of the children...

ELVIS
03-06-2009, 04:25 AM
You don't have any metal pics laying around do you ??

Seshmeister
03-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Good grief no.

I used to keep a few in the same closet as my meths but I threw them out a couple of years back.

ELVIS
03-06-2009, 04:31 AM
Good goin'

:D

hideyoursheep
03-06-2009, 07:18 AM
1910 Fruitgum Co. is still out there somewhere, at least they were a real band.