PDA

View Full Version : Six of the top ten Senate 'porkers' are Republican

Combat Ready
03-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Taxpayers for Common Sense released a database Monday of the 8,570 earmarks, totaling $7.7 billion, in the FY09 omnibus spending bill.

Remember all that talk last week about Republicans "learning the error of their ways" and promising to embrace fiscal responsibility? Well, it seems six of the ten biggest recepients of earmarks just happen to be Republicans.

SENATOR EARMARK $$
Byrd (D-WV) $122,804,900
Shelby (R-AL) $114,484,250
Bond (R-MO) $85,691,491
Feinstein (D-CA) $76,899,425
Cochran (R-MS) $75,908,475
Murkowski (R-AK) $74,000,750
Harkin (D-IA) $66,860,000
Inhofe (R-OK) $53,133,500
McConnell (R-KY) $51,186,000
Inouye (D-HI) $46,380,205

Six of the top ten Senate 'porkers' are Republican | Libertarian Party (http://www.lp.org/blogs/donny-ferguson/six-of-the-top-ten-senate-porkers-are-republican-0)

Combat Ready
03-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Listed are ten problems that need to be removed....preferably by force.

FORD
03-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Byrd had some good rants against the BCE in recent years, but he's either going to die or retire soon anyway. Feinstein is a war profiteer, and Inouye has cast more right wing votes this decade than any Hawaiian senator has any business doing. And Harkin is a little too friendly with the Monsanto frankencorn monsters.

And the Repukes on the list are some of the worst excuses for human beings on this, or any other planet.

So I agree.... fuck em all.

ELVIS
03-06-2009, 02:35 AM
One of Obama's campaign obamanations, I mean promises was to not let ANY pork be added to ANY bill...

:biggrin:

LoungeMachine
03-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Dont most voters base their choice on the candidate most likely to bring home money for projects to their districts?

Just saying...

The whole system is based on pork.

:gulp:

The rest is just semantics.

Nickdfresh
03-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Another thing to consider is how much federal tax is taken out of states...

What bothers me about the above is that none save Cali really send that much to Washington and that list heavily favors the podunk South and Midwest......

sadaist
03-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Another thing to consider is how much federal tax is taken out of states...

What bothers me about the above is that none save Cali really send that much to Washington and that list heavily favors the podunk South and Midwest......

I noticed that too. Seems odd WV is getting almost double that of CA.

ELVIS
03-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Dont most voters base their choice on the candidate most likely to bring home money for projects to their districts?

Just saying...

No, it's how good he or she seems to speak, what color they are, their personality, how they look...

As far as semantics, if you don't think that matters, especially if your President is a lawyer, you're missing everything...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
03-06-2009, 03:18 PM
No, it's how good he or she seems to speak, what color they are, their personality, how they look...

As far as semantics, if you don't think that matters, especially if your President is a lawyer, you're missing everything...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:elvis:

Oh fucking spare me! You mean like the "Contract with America?" (http://www.house.gov/house/Contract/CONTRACT.html) Those son's of whores ought to be sued for breach of cuntract!!!

You voted for that! Melvus!!!!

LoungeMachine
03-06-2009, 03:30 PM

:

How many Republicans are in The Senate right now that aren't WHITE?

sadaist
03-06-2009, 07:04 PM
How many Republicans are in The Senate right now that aren't WHITE?

One less than there are Democrats. And that one Democrat is hanging by a thread.

FORD
03-06-2009, 07:31 PM
One less than there are Democrats. And that one Democrat is hanging by a thread.

Yeah, that was a bad move. They should have told Blago to go fuck his rug and appointed Jesse Jackson Jr. to the Senate seat.

sadaist
03-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, that was a bad move. They should have told Blago to go fuck his rug and appointed Jesse Jackson Jr. to the Senate seat.

To be honest, I thought Burris was actually a decent appointment (for a Dem). I even posted such. Good history, solid track record, experience...but dang, hindsight right?

But as far as how people vote, I agree with Elvis. Most people vote for the party they think represents them, then go by attraction to the candidate. Whether it be color, smile, charisma, speech, relate ability, fake promises, etc.... Which is why someone like Kucinich doesn't ever get too far as a viable Presidential candidate. We are a superficial people.

Nickdfresh
03-06-2009, 08:43 PM
We are a superficial people that vote as much for looks and perception as we do for substance. But it should be noted that maybe Kucinich is a bit nuts. And Hitler was hardly the tall, dashing candidate...

FORD
03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Kucinich and Hitler are both short guys with a populist message, but the similarities end there. Don't think Adolf would have ever considered a "Department of Peace"

Nickdfresh
03-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Kucinich and Hitler are both short guys with a populist message, but the similarities end there. Don't think Adolf would have ever considered a "Department of Peace"

I didn't mean to directly compare Adolf and Dennis actually nor do I think they are in anyway related politically. :ashamed:

I guess I was trying to question the conventional wisdom of the short intellectual being ignored for the tall, good looking country club lite-weight candidate (which is absolutely true to a certain extent).

I don't think I'd vote for Kucinich for President, but I in no way meant or implied to compare him to Adolph Hitler...Kucinich is a good, principled man and I generally agree with him politically...

Combat Ready
03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I didn't mean to directly compare Adolf and Dennis actually nor do I think they are in anyway related politically. :ashamed:

I guess I was trying to question the conventional wisdom of the short intellectual being ignored for the tall, good looking country club lite-weight candidate (which is absolutely true to a certain extent).

I don't think I'd vote for Kucinich for President, but I in no way meant or implied to compare him to Adolph Hitler...Kucinich is a good, principled man and I generally agree with him politically...

Bullshit Nick--you made a point about voters being superficial, and you're right.

Quit with the political correct apology stuff already!

Nickdfresh
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Bullshit Nick--you made a point about voters being superficial, and you're right.

Quit with the political correct apology stuff already!

I'm ALWAYS right!!!!

I was just clarifying. Kucinich isn't motherfucking Hitler...

sadaist
03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Kucinich isn't motherfucking Hitler...

Kucinich lacks charisma which Hitler had oodles of.

Nickdfresh
03-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Kucinich lacks charisma which Hitler had oodles of.

I'm not sure I would call Hitler charismatic. He was a very weird little fucker. He did have great oratory skills and was trained in basic acting and live performance craft by a magician. But in some sense, he was the perfect little asshole that appeared at the ideal time in the traumatic saga of German history. But many that were close to him thought him an odd, weirdo it seems and did not have a great deal of personal charisma. But he was also a product of a slick, well-oiled propaganda machine that sort of fed on itself....

Redballjets88
03-07-2009, 05:59 PM

Just saying...

The whole system is based on pork.

No, because 'most' voters in this country either have their head in their ass, or vote straight ticket partyline.

How about the government does what a shitty sports franchise does and just blow it all up and re-piece it the right way?

and Lounge this post was no way an attack on you, please drop the pistol.