PDA

View Full Version : UFC® 96 JACKSON vs JARDINE - Mar-7-2009

Sarge
03-06-2009, 04:07 AM
Quinton Jackson Vs. Keith Jardine
I really don't like "Sardines" and I am glad W. Silva knocked him out. I hope Rampage does the same. We will see how Rampae deals with Jardine's leg kicks. I think Rampage has a god chin and I can't imagine him getting ko'd in this one. I am picking Rampage by KO in round 2 or UD Round 3

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shane Carwin
Since Carwin hasn't been tested yet, there are a lot of "If's" with this bout. It's hard to pick against Gonzaga, but I am ging to go with Carwin UD Round 3. Carwin hasn't been outside of round 1 yet, so this is a good test.

Pete Sell Vs. Matt Brown
Sell's only chance is a KO. I like Matt Brown. Don't spit in his dip.
Matt Brown submission (rear naked choke) round 2

Matt Hamill Vs. Mark Munoz
2 Wrestlers rolling around in a boring match! Since both of these guys wrestle, they actually might stand the whole fight. Matt Hamill 3 round decision.
Gray Maynard Vs. Jim Miller
Gray is a big guy for 155. I am picking him by gorund and pound.

Tamdan McCrory Vs. Ryan Madigan
McCroy 1st round submission

Kendall Grove Vs. Jason Day
Who cares? Grove is garbage but wins this.

Tim Boetsch Vs. Jason Brilz
Boetsch 1st round ko.

Brandon Vera Vs. Michael Patt
Can Vera finally get a win here? I think so. Vera by decision.

Aaron Riley Vs. Shane Nelson
Riley 1st round ko. .. but I have no clue who these guys are..

Sarge
03-06-2009, 04:10 AM
I am going to the UFC 99 show in Cologne Germany if anyone wants to meet up there..

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 06:37 PM
When do you get back to the World, Sarge?

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
UFC 96 Live Online Streaming | Jackson VS Jardine | OnePunch.TK: UFC LIVE (http://punchsports.blogspot.com/2009/01/ufc-live.html)

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!

Sarge
03-07-2009, 09:56 PM
When do you get back to the World, Sarge?

I am currently stationed in Vicenza, Italy. I am here for 4 years total, so another 2 years and 3 months. I am going to either Hawaii or Korea after this for another tour.

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 10:50 PM
So much for Hamil wrestling tonight!

Nice!

That was a great kick!

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I am currently stationed in Vicenza, Italy. I am here for 4 years total, so another 2 years and 3 months. I am going to either Hawaii or Korea after this for another tour.
You don't get to go stateside before that?

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Evans vs Machida would be cool!

Jackson hasn't fought Evans yet?

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Matt Brown is goin' down...$20..

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Damn!!!

That's why I dont bet.

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 11:34 PM
At 259 lbs, Carwin's a big boy! He looked like he was stunned before getting back up, but he fought through it.

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 11:42 PM
McCrory came off like a douche. I don't like him. I'll watch his next fight just to see him get his nose broken.

hideyoursheep
03-08-2009, 12:03 AM
It doesn't look like Rampage or Saltine like each other, but round 1 sucked!

Sarge
03-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I was happy to see Rampage win. He got the decision and while it wasn't a knock out.. it was convincing.,
What was really funny was the Evans/Rampage stare down
Quinton Rampage Jackson vs. Keith Jardine UFC 96 3rd Round and Postfight Video - Fights MMA Video Details (http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Quinton_Rampage_Jackson_vs_Keith_Jardine_UFC_96_3 ?vid=10003734&tid=100)

I do not like Rashad, but I think he beats Rampage. I am basing that on his athleticism and the fact that all Rampage does is stand in front of you and throw bombs.
I think Machida would have an easy time with both of them..

Sarge
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
So much for Hamil wrestling tonight!

Nice!

That was a great kick!

That was an ugly fight. I like it how they said that Munoz's wresting was better than Hammil's. Well, Munoz could not get him off the ground.
Hammill might have got the ko.. but his standup looks really awkward.

The celebration speech was classic. I didn't understand any of it!

Sarge
03-08-2009, 09:28 AM
You don't get to go stateside before that?

Just for a vacation..
I have 17 years in.. probably going to spend another 10 in. I love the military and traveling..

Sarge
03-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Matt Brown is goin' down...$20..

That fight was really weird.
The ref waving off Brown and then continuing the fight.

here it is for those who haven't seen it.

Pete Sell vs. Matt Brown UFC 96 Video - Fights MMA Video Details (http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Pete_Sell_vs_Matt_Brown_UFC_96?vid=10003728&tid=100)

Sarge
03-08-2009, 09:31 AM
McCrory came off like a douche. I don't like him. I'll watch his next fight just to see him get his nose broken.

That guy looks like a straight up nerd..

Sarge
03-08-2009, 09:36 AM
At 259 lbs, Carwin's a big boy! He looked like he was stunned before getting back up, but he fought through it.

Carwin is a big boy, but he didn't look all that much bigger than Gonzaga.
When Lesnar fought Heath Herring (who is 250) he looked like a giant.

Carwin looked like a big guy, but they were making him out to be the incredible hulk, which he isn't.

Carwin apparently has a good chin. He was almost out, but in his defense the punches he took were flush to his chin. I think most people would have folded.
He got a good Ko.

So, hideyoursheep, it looks like we are the only UFC fans here?!
!

hideyoursheep
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
So, hideyoursheep, it looks like we are the only UFC fans here?!
!

Apparently...although I'm not as big a fan as you-I don't get the opportunity to watch that many fights. It's hard to keep up. I really can't get into the Ultimate Fighter show...it's like the Real World to me.

I actually caught shit for liking MMA at DDLR. They don't get it.
It's a good sport. Boxing is really lacking nowdays, football season is over, and I hate basketball.

I agree about Machida taking either Jackson or Evans out. He has a style that would give them fits IMO. Why does he have to wait for a title shot behind Jackson?

The post-fight stare-down/smack talk was great! I thought Evans was going to take a shot! He called him a motherfucker!

Carwin doesn't look 259. He looked smaller, but compared to Lesner, who doesn't? 259 is still large!

Are side kicks illegal in UFC? I've never seen any. Roundhouses, straight kicks, even a few spinning roundhouses....I even seen a savate style kick once!

Sarge
03-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Soccer Style kicks to a downed opponent are not legal, but all the other kicks are.

Rampage cracked me up with the quote:

“I hit Jardine with everything but the kitchen sink,” he said. “He wouldn’t let up. He went down [in the second round], and I tried to pounce on him, but he recovered and got up. He was pissing me off. I was, like, ‘Man, why don’t you just stay your ugly ass down. Let me knock you out.’ He wouldn’t go.”

Sarge
03-09-2009, 08:02 AM
MMA is a great sport.
I used to be very into boxing, but MMA is much more exciting.
They need to make it more accessable.
Some people will not watch just because it's on payperview.
I don't blame them.

Just like with most sports.. it gets more interesting once you know all the participants..

ULTRAMAN VH
03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I am extremely happy that Machida is now getting a shot at Evans. I admit it would have been interesting to see Rampage and Evans mix it up, but Lyoto should get the shot after the impressive win over Silva. I personally think Lyota is going to end Rashods win streak. Evans is HIGHLY overrated and he won't have a chance against a master technician like Machida.