PDA

View Full Version : Trivium

WARF
03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EApnhO2OIrw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EApnhO2OIrw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Get the new album shogun... it's the best metal album I've heard in a while...

Andy Taylor
03-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Sub-standard.

Matt White
03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
BRILLIANT

The best I've heard in a long time....

Their cd before SHOGUN titled THE CRUSADE is also BRILLIANT.....

the next METALLICA....for better or worse

WARF
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Sub-standard.

This is comin' from a guy who idolizes a band filled with closet homosexuals, and a lead singer whose last name sounds like a french pastry?!?!

ELVIS
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Sub-standard.

I doubt you gave it a listen...

I'm one of the biggest critics around here and I clicked on this song with low expectations...

KILLER song all the way around...

:elvis:

Andy Taylor
03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
A couple of your favourite things:

http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/t/09122-1.jpg

http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2008/8/13/Lady-Gaga-0808.jpg

First pull out the 7 inch long, 2 feet wide black cock that is in thine own ass then you can think clearly to remove the 2 inch dildo from mine.

Andy Taylor
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I doubt you gave it a listen...

I'm one of the biggest critics around here and I clicked on this song with low expectations...

KILLER song all the way around...

Ah you got in the way. But yes ofcourse I gave it a listen and I've heard other Trivium before. I've been waiting for something original to come out in metal and other music for a decade plus. This sound hasn't evolved really from the early 90s and the music is plain.

Matt White
03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I've seen their guitarist in many magazines...

they're both decent...

Music reminds me of THRASH metal...with a modern edge...like the HET-like vocals better than the standard modern cookie monster growl....

Their cover of the song IRON MAIDEN is both hysterical & awesome

BRAVO

Matt White
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM

they're both decent...

Music reminds me of THRASH metal...with a modern edge...like the HET-like vocals better than the standard modern cookie monster growl....

BRAVO

Andy Taylor
03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I can't listen to any modern metal... unless it's Blind Guardian and the odd stoner. And perhaps the upcoming Heaven and Hell release.

WARF
03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
I think it's time to chop the mullet... and throw away your old poison t-shirts... and buy some new music.

Alot of good bands out there... it's not 1984 anymore lol

Seshmeister
03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm going to register at the Duran Duran board and post about how I don't like Milli Vanilli...

WARF
03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm going to register at the Duran Duran board and post about how I don't like Milli Vanilli...

Atleast they were better at lip synchin lol

Andy Taylor
03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I think it's time to chop the mullet... and throw away your old poison t-shirts... and buy some new music.

Alot of good bands out there... it's not 1984 anymore lol

It's quite the opposite for me. It's not that music has moved on, the problem is that it hasn't. What Zappa said was dead on, the nostalgia cycles have gotten shorter. Everyone's referencing something from the past. Someone would have to really, I mean seriously re-invent rock for me to be more than casually interested.

Andy Taylor
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM

And I'm going to single handedly rally the English to invade Scotland once and for all.

WARF
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
And I'm offended.... I like the human league!!!

KEEP FEELIN FASCINATION!!!!u hu hu hu h uh u

ELVIS
03-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Someone would have to really, I mean seriously re-invent rock for me to be more than casually interested.

I hear that's what Heaven And Hell are slated to do with their next revolutionary release...

Panamark
03-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Not bad Warf !

Definately some hetfield type vox there, Nick..

I watch the Heavy Metal show on VH1 here
and most "singers" these days sound the same..
All of em do that Satanic growl.
Shame, as some of the riffs those guys play are killer
but the singers make em all sound the same.

Kinda pisses me off that our band spent all that time
searching for a good singer in the 80's when we could have just
growled into the mic. lol..

Ah wells...

Panamark
03-07-2009, 01:53 AM
It's quite the opposite for me. It's not that music has moved on, the problem is that it hasn't. What Zappa said was dead on, the nostalgia cycles have gotten shorter. Everyone's referencing something from the past. Someone would have to really, I mean seriously re-invent rock for me to be more than casually interested.

I bet you were into the Darkness ...
Oh hang, they actually played their instruments..
Sorry, scratch that one...

Andy Taylor
03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
That makes no sense, nothing to do with what I was saying.

Andy Taylor
03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I hear that's what Heaven And Hell are slated to do with their next revolutionary release...

Well Iommi is almost always awesome...

I love the riffs in even the songs I don't like.

WACF
03-07-2009, 12:14 PM

they're both decent...

BRAVO

Yup....

Good band.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UnrW5iOXc8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UnrW5iOXc8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

binnie
03-07-2009, 01:13 PM

they're both decent...

BRAVO

Matt, you're bang on the money. This band has so much potential, but if they'd lose the Metallica-wannabe style they'd realize it.

'Shogun' is a very good record, as was 'Ascendency' (everyone who loves metal should hear 'Pull Harder on The Strings of Your Martyr'). 'Crusade' was the tredding water moment, IMO. It was way too much of a Metallica-by-numbers album.

One day, this band may very well make a metal classic. It's in them if they can just be themselves.

That being said, the best of the younge generation of metal bands are:

Machine Head

Mastodon

Goijira

Both of the last two are really pushing the boundaries, just when you thought that the genre was running out of legs.

binnie
03-07-2009, 01:16 PM
It's not that music has moved on, the problem is that it hasn't. .

This makes me think that you really don't follow modern metal that closely.

If you don't like Trivium, fine. But I don't think that anyone could label that 'sub-standard' - the playing is excellent, and it FEELS real.

Saying 'I don't like that' and 'that's not very good' is not the same thing.

Andy Taylor
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok, maybe standard then. I like Blaze myself but I don't think he's done anything to push the boundaries and that's what this sounds like to me.

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Fuckin music critic who likes Duran Duran!
:finger33:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFn26ntmSsg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFn26ntmSsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Andy Taylor
03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
80s hair metal poser.

And oooh how threatening it is to wear paint and have dark cartoonish imagery!

WARF
03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Speaking of paint...

http://jencc.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/duranduran1.jpg

Andy Taylor
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.duranasty.com/early_years/early_pics_duranasty_23.gif

http://www.duranasty.com/early_years/early_pics_duranasty_20.gif

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
80s hair metal poser.

And oooh how threatening it is to wear paint and have dark cartoonish imagery!

WTF???

You just described DuranDuran!

Dude....you don't have the credibility to tell anyone anything about rock n roll.
Your taste (or lack of) in music is obviously lacking a little. You like that pop shit, that's your problem.

WARF
03-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Look how uncomfortable the band looks with naked women! lol

Andy Taylor
03-07-2009, 08:59 PM
WTF???

You just described DuranDuran!

Well you put up a similar sort of themed video.

Andy Taylor
03-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Look how uncomfortable the band looks with naked women! lol

Two of them.

But they still banged more hot women than one can imagine!

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 09:05 PM
So have I, but that's not gonna make me cut off my nuts and play "Rio" anytime soon!

hideyoursheep
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
DuranDuran=New Kids on the Block with instruments.

WARF
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Lmao!!

binnie
03-08-2009, 02:48 PM
WTF?

How did this thread morph into a discussion of the merits of Duran Duran? Is ONE thread not enough to cover the merits of that topic?

WARF I'd like to thank you for starting this thread and the Bullet one, we don't talk about newer music enough around here......

WARF
03-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks Bro!
There is a ton of great new bands that need to mentioned here.
It's not 1984 anymore... it's time to appreciate newer bands...
Not just having the same Ozzy, metallica blah blah blah conversations...

binnie
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Damn straight.

Matt White
03-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't have a problem with them sounding like METALLICA....hell...METALLICA doesn't sound that good...and hasn't in more than a decade.....

I'm just sick of the "cookie-monster" vocals......

and HELL...they both SOLO

binnie
03-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't have a problem with them sounding like METALLICA....hell...METALLICA doesn't sound that good...and hasn't in more than a decade.....

I'm just sick of the "cookie-monster" vocals......

and HELL...they both SOLO

I dunno man, 'Death Magnetic' is pretty sweet.

I don't have a problem with Trivium sounding like Metallica - I just think that they would realize their potential if they stopped consciously trying to emulate and were just themselves. They have a wealth of potential.