PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama the Antichrist?

Sarge
03-09-2009, 07:46 AM
<LI class=first>
http://ndn1.newsweek.com/media/91/mug_LisaMiller-thumb7.jpg

Email the Author (webeditors@newsweek.com)

Biography (http://www.newsweek.com/id/32230)

More by the Author (http://services.newsweek.com/search.aspx?q=Author:^"lisa%20miller"$&sortDirection=descending&sortField=pubdatetime&offset=0&pageSize=10)

On Nov. 5, Todd Strandberg (http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx?subject=Todd+Strandberg) was at his desk, fielding E-mails from around the world. As the editor and founder of RaptureReady.com, his job is to track current events and link them to biblical prophecy in hopes of maintaining his status as "the eBay of prophecy," the best source online for predictions and calculations concerning the end of the world. Already Barack Obama (http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx?subject=Barack+Obama) had drawn the attention of apocalypse watchers after an anonymous e-mail circulated among conservative Christians in October implying that he was the Antichrist. Former "Saturday Night Live" ingénue Victoria Jackson fueled the fire when, according to news reports, she wrote on her Web site that Obama "bears traits that resemble the anti-Christ." Now Strandberg was receiving up-to-the-minute news from his constituents in Illinois. One of the winning lottery numbers in the president-elect's home state was 666— which, as everyone knows, is the sign of the Beast (also known as the Antichrist). "It is very eerie, and I take it for a sign as to who he really is," wrote one of Strandberg's correspondents.

Ever since Jesus Christ was crucified and, according to the Gospels, rose again in glory, his followers have been anticipating the end of history—the time when their Lord will return to earth and reign for a thousand years. The question has always been when. Most Christians don't worry about the end too much; it's an abstract concept, a theological puzzle for late-night pondering. A few, however, have always believed that it is coming—and soon. Millennialist movements, as they're called, gain prominence especially when the world grows chaotic, during wars and at the turn of every century. According to a 2006 study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, a third of white evangelicals believe the world will end in their lifetimes. These mostly conservative Christians believe a great battle is imminent. After years of tribulation—natural disasters, other cataclysms (such as the collapse of financial markets)—God's armies will vanquish armies led by the Antichrist himself. He will be a sweet-talking world leader who gathers governments and economies under his command to further his own evil agenda. In this world view, "the spread of secular progressive ideas is a prelude to the enslavement of mankind," explains Richard Landes, former director of the Center for Millennial Studies at Boston University.

No wonder, then, that Obama triggers such fear in the hearts of America's millennialist Christians. Mat Staver, dean of Liberty University's law school, says he does not believe Obama is the Antichrist, but he can see how others might. Obama's own use of religious rhetoric belies his liberal positions on abortion and traditional marriage, Staver says, positions that "religious conservatives believe will threaten their freedom." The people who believe Obama is the Antichrist are perhaps jumping to conclusions, but they're not nuts: "They are expressing a concern and a fear that is widely shared," Staver says.

Before Christ comes again, those who are saved will ascend to heaven, according to this end-times theology, in a huge, upward whoosh called the Rapture. Strandberg is so certain that the Rapture is coming, he's bought a number of Internet addresses in addition to RaptureReady: AntiAntichrist, Tribulationus and RaptureMe. In the event that RaptureReady crashes during the apocalypse, anyone who needs an update will, with a simple Google search, be able to get one. Strandberg says Obama probably isn't the Antichrist, but he's watching the president-elect carefully. On his Web site, he has something called the Rapture Index, a calculation based on signs and prophecy of the proximity of the end. According to Strandberg, any number over 160 means "fasten your seat belts." Obama's win pushed the index to 161.

Sarge
03-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Belief Watch: Is Obama the Antichrist? | Newsweek BeliefWatch: Lisa Miller | Newsweek.com (http://www.newsweek.com/id/169192?digg=1)

DLR'sCock
03-09-2009, 08:55 AM
seriously, these people are nuts...

sadaist
03-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Wait, how can he be the Messiah & the Anti Christ at the same time? I've even seen his halo.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2008/1101080310_400.jpg
http://sondrak.com/images/uploads/obama_time_halo.jpg
http://blog.thewestminsterpractice.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/obama_halo_1.jpg
http://blogs.thestate.com/bradwarthensblog/images/2008/09/08/obama_halo.jpg
http://themountainsage.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/obamahalo13.jpg
http://bp1.blogger.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/SJCnZ40cilI/AAAAAAAAPYI/V0SvHG5c5Yo/s400/obama+halo.JPG

binnie
03-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Barry Manilow is the Antichrist.

Seshmeister
03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
The whole thing is a pathetic attempt to hide racism with superstition.

Also if we are currently pre tribulation is this what post triblation looks like?

http://sf0.org/media/DarkSol/tribble315577.jpg

WACF
03-09-2009, 11:48 AM

Also if we are currently pre tribulation is this what post triblation looks like?

http://sf0.org/media/DarkSol/tribble315577.jpg

Racism?

These people are just fucked up....I don't think it is a race thing.

People thought Bush was the anti-christ too....and he was a cracker...

Kristy
03-09-2009, 11:59 AM
"Now Strandberg was receiving up-to-the-minute news from his constituents in Illinois."

I didn't even know that there was so many tin-foil hat wearers in Illinois.

Combat Ready
03-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Same bullshit being said about Reagan when I was a kid. You know--Ronald Wilson Reagan...6 letters in each name. Blah...Blah....Blah.

I'm leaning toward Barry Manilow as the Antichrist too....Just because.

Where is the poll?

kwame k
03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I have to agree, Barry Manilow is my pick for the anti-christ........that would explain why the guy is popular.

GAR
03-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Wait, how can he be the Messiah & the Anti Christ at the same time? I've even seen his halo.

I wonder if the halo can be as visible thru the sharpshooter's nightview scope as the back of the uncovered head like that.

sadaist
03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I wonder if the halo can be as visible thru the sharpshooter's nightview scope as the back of the uncovered head like that.

I bet a Predator could spot the halo with their special heat sensing vision.

sadaist
03-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Geez, Libs will cry racism every fucking chance they get. Did you take a gander at the Newsweek covers? The kept championing the call that "race should not be a factor in this election", but look what they wrote. All they talked about was race...the majority of the media for that matter. My feeling is if it's not supposed to be a factor, then stfu about it and let's discuss policy. The reason most talking heads that supported Obama preferred to discuss race was because if everyone was actually educated on his agenda, many wouldn't have voted for him.

sadaist
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
And OBAMA IS NOT THE ANTI CHRIST. The prophecy warns of the anti Christ and many horrible things that come with it....but taking everyone's money isn't one of them, so it's a safe bet Obama isn't it.

Andy Taylor
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm surprised at how far flung the Obama iz a Muslim crowd is. I've come across Canuck rednecks spreading this shit. When I asked, so what, the answer is you know but apart from racism I don't know what. And they pretend it's not that.

GAR
03-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I bet a Predator could spot the halo with their special heat sensing vision.

Are you saying it was the CIA that assasinated President Barack Hussein Obama back in the year 2009?

<!-- ---- Obama Assasin-O-Meter ---- -->
http://www.quick-counter.net/aip.php?tp=bt&tz=Europe&#37;2FLondon (http://www.quick-counter.net/)

(http://www.quick-counter.net/)

sadaist
03-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Are you saying it was the CIA that assasinated President Barack Hussein Obama back in the year 2009?

Nah, we have enough federal holidays as it is.

binnie
03-09-2009, 04:15 PM

I wonder if you could have made a more inappropriate post.

GAR
03-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm surprised at how far flung the Obama iz a Muslim crowd is.

I'm surprised he's even elected!

GAR
03-09-2009, 04:53 PM
60606 illinois zip code - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=bO7&q=60606+illinois+zip+code&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=P4G1SfniC4-ctwfTpr3qDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

huhuhuhh.. US Postal Mailing zip code doesn't lie, "60606" is Chicago!

Coincidence.. I - think - not..

Andy Taylor
03-09-2009, 04:55 PM
What's the surprise? Everyone hated McCain and the media didn't think Paul and Kucinich were the kind of change they wanted.

GAR
03-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Same bullshit being said about Reagan when I was a kid.

Ronald Reagan was a Governor, and wasn't trying to change anything besides the Carter-led recession.

Kristy
03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
And OBAMA IS NOT THE ANTI CHRIST. The prophecy warns of the anti Christ and many horrible things that come with it....but taking everyone's money isn't one of them, so it's a safe bet Obama isn't it.

I wholeheartedly agree. Nowhere in the Book of Revelation does it give any mention in screwing over the taxpayer for world domination.

This would be funny if not for being so sad:

Former "Saturday Night Live" ingénue Victoria Jackson fueled the fire when, according to news reports, she wrote on her Web site that Obama 'bears traits that resemble the anti-Christ.'"

Here's part of her speculation:

"You see, what bothers me most, besides being a Communist, and a racist (Obama writes in his book, From Dreams of My Father, “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and and animosity against my (white) mother’s race.”) Obama’s “religion” of the last 20 years is Black Liberation Theology. What is that? “It is simply Marxism dressed up in Christian rhetoric. But unlike traditional Marxism, Black Liberation Theology emphasizes race rather than class. It’s leading theorist is James Cone who says Jesus was black..."

Well, if THAT isn't the BEAST dressed in sheep's clothing I don't what is. So according to Victoria (who was a no-talent hack actress anyway) how does "Black Liberation Theology" alleged "racism" differ from say the anti-Semitic horseshit that spews from the mouth of so-called "proper" Christian leaders like Hagee who, if you remember, had McCain sucking his dick for votes. Who couldn't love this:

"All hurricanes are acts of God, because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they are — were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

Hmmm...well I guess as long as Hagee isn't preaching race upfront that makes his hate all right with the world. Must be must easier for these Christian nutfucks to deem Obama an anti-Christ then criticize their own sick and misguided ilk. Fuck these people with a chainsaw.

...and fuck them good.

binnie
03-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Nowhere in the Book of Revelation does it give any mention in screwing over the taxpayer for world domination.

This would be funny if not for being so sad:

Former "Saturday Night Live" ingénue Victoria Jackson fueled the fire when, according to news reports, she wrote on her Web site that Obama 'bears traits that resemble the anti-Christ.'"

Here's part of her speculation:

"You see, what bothers me most, besides being a Communist, and a racist (Obama writes in his book, From Dreams of My Father, “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and and animosity against my (white) mother’s race.”) Obama’s “religion” of the last 20 years is Black Liberation Theology. What is that? “It is simply Marxism dressed up in Christian rhetoric. But unlike traditional Marxism, Black Liberation Theology emphasizes race rather than class. It’s leading theorist is James Cone who says Jesus was black..."

Well, if THAT isn't the BEAST dressed in sheep's clothing I don't what is. So according to Victoria (who was a no-talent hack actress anyway) how does "Black Liberation Theology" alleged "racism" differ from say the anti-Semitic horseshit that spews from the mouth of so-called "proper" Christian leaders like Hagee who, if you remember, had McCain sucking his dick for votes. Who couldn't love this:

"All hurricanes are acts of God, because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they are — were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

Hmmm...well I guess as long as Hagee isn't preaching race upfront that makes his hate all right with the world. Must be must easier for these Christian nutfucks to deem Obama an anti-Christ then criticize their own sick and misguided ilk. Fuck these people with a chainsaw.

...and fuck them good.

Outstanding.

Nickdfresh
03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Ronald Reagan was a Governor, and wasn't trying to change anything besides the Carter-led recession.

Carter wasn't President in 1981-1982, idiot....;)

GAR
03-09-2009, 06:33 PM
It was Carter's hyperinflation that defeated him from a second term.

Of course, you're the current champion of the coming hyperinflation having backed Barack for the Presidency. I blame you directly - so enjoy your win!

You've won CHANGE Nick, hyperinflation is still CHANGE! Yay for CHANGE!

Nickdfresh
03-09-2009, 08:04 PM
It was Carter's hyperinflation that defeated him from a second term.

It wasn't "Carter's hyperinflation," is was America's dumbass. Largely sparked by Vietnam and "Nixon's" recession of 1973-75. The oil embargoes and Iranian Hostage Crisis were also factors..

Carter had a tremendous run of bad luck, and lacked the force of personality to overcome it.

But the actual technical recession took place on Reagan's watch and was in line time-wise with most previous recessions of about 18-months...

Of course, you're the current champion of the coming hyperinflation having backed Barack for the Presidency. I blame you directly - so enjoy your win!

You've won CHANGE Nick, hyperinflation is still CHANGE! Yay for CHANGE!

Right. So when the economy improves by Obama's mid-term, it will be all his doing and he'll be the great leader for fixing "Bush's recession?" right ass-wart?

kwame k
03-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Very true about the Reagan Era Recession. Remember then-Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker raised the interest rates, to almost Civil War era rates, to try and stave off the inflation that had been increasing for over a decade. Meaning inflation had been increasing since 1972. Carter dropped the ball in many areas but the recession/debt he inherited was not his doing. His being able to do anything about it.....well, that shit happened on his watch.

We are poised to go longer than the normal 18 month cycle for our current recession and really things are better in some areas and worse in others compared to the recession in the early 80's.

Combat Ready
03-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Very true about the Reagan Era Recession. Remember then-Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker raised the interest rates, to almost Civil War era rates, to try and stave off the inflation that had been increasing for over a decade. Meaning inflation had been increasing since 1972. Carter dropped the ball in many areas but the recession/debt he inherited was not his doing. His being able to do anything about it.....well, that shit happened on his watch.

We are poised to go longer than the normal 18 month cycle for our current recession and really things are better in some areas and worse in others compared to the recession in the early 80's.

Ha! Technically true but only here at the front line would somebody declare "Reagan Era Recession".....And mean it. Yeah, the first couple of years were tough, due to the lingering effects of the Carter administration. Can't say I blame it all on Carter but it is what it is. A nice enough guy, yet an inept leader overall....Very inept.

Also--Not surprisingly, the revisionist history here usually leaves out a tiny detail....Massive tax cuts across the board. This inspired one of the longest peacetime economic expansions in our history. Thank god we had a halfway intelligent congress back then...Even the democrats (who had the majority) went along with the program.

Chit--What I'd give for Tip O' Neil now instead of the brain dead Pelosi....Or Reid. Sure, O' Neil was a liberal. At least he was smart and had the Nation's best interest at heart. He was a good American….Even if his politics leaned a little left.

kwame k
03-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Ha! Technically true but only here at the front line would somebody declare "Reagan Era Recession".....And mean it. Yeah, the first couple of years were tough, due to the lingering effects of the Carter administration. Can't say I blame it all on Carter but it is what it is. A nice enough guy, yet an inept leader overall....Very inept.

Also--Not surprisingly, the revisionist history here usually leaves out a tiny detail....Massive tax cuts across the board. This inspired one of the longest peacetime economic expansions in our history. Thank god we had a halfway intelligent congress back then...Even the democrats (who had the majority) went along with the program.

Chit--What I'd give for Tip O' Neil now instead of the brain dead Pelosi....Or Reid. Sure, O' Neil was a liberal. At least he was smart and had the Nation's best interest at heart. He was a good American….Even if his politics leaned a little left.

Actually didn't leave anything out.....the recession happened during Reagan's term as President. Was carter to blame for the recession, yes and no. He didn't curtail it and as I stated earlier, dropped the ball.

I agree about 'ol Nancy, she is the fucking worst of the worst as far as leadership or lack there of, goes. Reid is a fucking moron, too. Talk about a chance to do something historic in these troubled times and who do we have to look to? Reid and Pelosi.......fuck both of them.

Still this does not obfuscate the fact that the recession happen and was at it's worst during Reagan's term.

thome
03-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Obama is DEFFINATELY the Anti Christ ,but I was really hoping it would be me thome (that would be me The thome), this year......... yesterday it was that MF'er who tried to draft me on the highway I guess his driver won the NASCAR race earlier...?

But, I wanted to win this year -The Antichrist- is a cool thing to win.. and I heard if you win you get the new Harley -AND- a second chance to try and start the new Mustang....???

No that is what my local, DJ Monkey in the Morning is offering ..

.................nevermind....

Nickdfresh
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM

Reagan had two years to "fix" things. Wouldn't that make him inept?

Carter did lack a certain ruthlessness and leadership, but he certainly wasn't much worse than Reagan...

I think most can make the case that the recessions of 1973-75 and 1981-82 may have been closer joined than most believe and the period of the late 70s was hardly a boon time and wasn't much of a recovery...

But it was Carter that was the victim of circumstance, and Reagan was lucky...

Um, that "tax-cuts" thing IS the revisionist history. Reagan actually RAISED taxes before he lowered them. And attributing a recovery to tax cuts is like attributing the recovery to prayer. There is no provable correlation..

You have specific examples of this policy-wise? Many would argue that Pelosi is as much, if not more, than an old school liberal than Tip was. She's a devout Catholic and probably far more socially conservative than most would think...

Combat Ready
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Um, that "tax-cuts" thing IS the revisionist history. Reagan actually RAISED taxes before he lowered them. And attributing a recovery to tax cuts is like attributing the recovery to prayer. There is no provable correlation.

Maybe.....But rates were a hell of a lot lower (for all) after he was done. The first tax cuts were signed into law around August of 1981.

By Spring of 83 the economy was recovering. It would soon take-off with dramatic force. Lasting 93 consecutive months, it was the biggest peace time economic expansion in U.S. history.

The American Experience | Reagan | Timeline (1983 - 1985) (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/reagan/timeline/index_4.html)

ELVIS
03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Prayer works...

bueno bob
03-11-2009, 01:00 AM
I think you need Rush and Ann C to fuck - nine months later you get the Antichrist...if I remember my reading properly...

Seshmeister
03-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Prayer works...

Except when it doesn't.

bueno bob
03-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Except when it doesn't.

Now, now...those are the exceptions that prove the rule, remember...

:biggrin:

bueno bob
03-11-2009, 01:17 AM
...Fuck these people with a chainsaw.

...and fuck them good.

I think there are Cannibal Corpse albums with visual depictions of such. Maybe we should use them for guidelines...?

:)

Panamark
03-11-2009, 04:19 AM
"And it said in the book of revelations that when Panamark
doth spew forth Hagarism prophecies, a satanic black
leader will mastermind the apocalypse"

Panamark on Obama:

"Only time will tell if he stands the test of time"

Seshmeister
03-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Now, now...those are the exceptions that prove the rule, remember...

:biggrin:

"Please Invisible Cloud friend let it be red"

*roulette ball lands in red
"Woohoo thank the Lord my prayers have been answered"

*roulette ball lands in black
"It's the will of God I shouldn't have troubled him"

Seshmeister
03-11-2009, 05:31 AM
"And it said in the book of revelations that when Panamark
doth spew forth Hagarism prophecies, a satanic black
leader will mastermind the apocalypse"

Panamark on Obama:

"Only time will tell if he stands the test of time"

"And lo it will come to pass that there will be many strange happenings that will come unto the earth. A black man shall be best at golf and a blue man will arise from the chilly land of Scotland and render all asunder at tennis"

Andy Taylor
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Kissinger, Rockefeller, Cheney... any of these could be the anti-Christ. O'bubba's just one of his little devils.

ELVIS
03-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Shaddup

Andy Taylor
03-11-2009, 02:26 PM
you face.

Did my Cheney bashing offend you?

Nickdfresh
03-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Maybe.....But rates were a hell of a lot lower (for all) after he was done. The first tax cuts were signed into law around August of 1981.

By Spring of 83 the economy was recovering. It would soon take-off with dramatic force. Lasting 93 consecutive months, it was the biggest peace time economic expansion in U.S. history.

The American Experience | Reagan | Timeline (1983 - 1985) (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/reagan/timeline/index_4.html)

Wrong!
:pullinghair:

In the days since the death of former President Ronald Reagan, many media outlets have falsely credited him with presiding over "the longest economic expansion in history"; in fact, Reagan should be credited with presiding over only the third-longest expansion in American history.

According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, the longest economic expansions in U.S. history are:

March 1991 -- March 2001: 120 months
February 1961 -- December 1969: 106 months
November 1982 -- July 1990: 92 months

The expansion Reagan presided over is therefore the third-longest in history. Even at the time of the expansion Reagan presided over -- before the expansion that began in 1991 -- it wasn't the longest in history; it was the second-longest.

From: Media Matters - Don&#39;t know much about history (or economics); Many media outlets get the facts wrong on Reagan expansion (http://mediamatters.org/items/200406090005)

Combat Ready
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Wrong!
:pullinghair:

From: Media Matters - Don't know much about history (or economics); Many media outlets get the facts wrong on Reagan expansion (http://mediamatters.org/items/200406090005)

Ok--let's compare sources of info here...In the interest of accuracy.

My source was the far right wing bastion of.......PBS.

You counter with media matters and proclaim that I'm wrong?

(Media Matters is an avowedly political institution, part of a group of institutions the Center for American Progress, MoveOn.org, and others that have become increasingly important in Democratic politics.)

Must be that right wing conspiracy led by PBS.

FORD
03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I think you need Rush and Ann C to fuck - nine months later you get the Antichrist...if I remember my reading properly...

Since neither of them have a uterus, it would truly be a "miraculous conception".

Nickdfresh
03-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Ok--let's compare sources of info here...In the interest of accuracy.

My source was the far right wing bastion of.......PBS.

You counter with media matters and proclaim that I'm wrong?

Actually, the Bush Admin did try to put "conservatives" into key positions at PBS in their overall effort to skew the gov't in aspects of media, science, etc...

(Media Matters is an avowedly political institution, part of a group of institutions the Center for American Progress, MoveOn.org, and others that have become increasingly important in Democratic politics.)

Must be that right wing conspiracy led by PBS.

I don't recall your source proclaiming that Reagan had the longest peacetime expansion of the US economy. I thought those were your comments relying on the numbers provided by PBS...

In any case, while sources matter, it's the cited info. they supply that matters...Reagan did not have the biggest one ever, he was third and every economic source will tell you that...

That's respectable, but the Reagan-God is getting a bit stale these days. He was an effective leader and a conservative that came from a very different place than most of his spawn -something that for whatever reason Republicans fail to grasp. But the myth that just a few tax breaks turned around an economy that was due for an uptick is silly. No matter what he did, the US economy was almost all Bulls in the 80s with some exceptions. You can argue that this was in fact a lost opportunity to modernize and restructure as Reagan's overall philosophy was to eliminate pensions in favor of 401Ks and to decrease gov't regulation and over site, which haunts us today. You can just as easily argue that if Reagan had restructured the tax-code, there would have been no deficit.

I believe the US economy might have been in a minor depression from about 1973 to 1982 and was due for a major rebound anyways...

Combat Ready
03-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I don't recall your source proclaiming that Reagan had the longest peacetime expansion of the US economy. I thought those were your comments relying on the numbers provided by PBS...

Yeah, here's the link: The American Experience | Reagan | Timeline (1983 - 1985) (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/reagan/timeline/index_4.html)

Combat Ready
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I believe the US economy might have been in a minor depression from about 1973 to 1982 and was due for a major rebound anyways...

Agreed. In any event, the tax cuts were at least an added bonus. More money in taxpayer's wallets and less to the IRS is a wonderful thing...In my opinion.

Nitro Express
03-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Bush built a coffin for the US. Obama is nailing the lid shut. I don't know why people don't see that Obama is carrying the Bush bailout fiasco further and expanding the War on Terror into Pakistahn.

I would like Obama if he threw the bankers in jail that fucked us. Systematically got us the hell out of the Middle East. Erased the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it. Him and Bush just bailed the people who fucked us out of trouble and all those billions have gone overseas and have stuck the fucked with the bill. Nice.

Nickdfresh
03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Bush built a coffin for the US. Obama is nailing the lid shut. I don't know why people don't see that Obama is carrying the Bush bailout fiasco further and expanding the War on Terror into Pakistahn.

I would like Obama if he threw the bankers in jail that fucked us. Systematically got us the hell out of the Middle East. Erased the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it. Him and Bush just bailed the people who fucked us out of trouble and all those billions have gone overseas and have stuck the fucked with the bill. Nice.

What would you rather have Obama do? How could he keep the lid off the "coffin?"

Guitar Shark
03-13-2009, 02:25 PM
What would you rather have Obama do? How could he keep the lid off the "coffin?"

I believe he already explained this, Nick. He would prefer that Obama throw "the bankers in jail that fucked us," get us "the hell out of the Middle East," and erase "the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it."

Easy, right?

FORD
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't say "easy". But it's necessary. We need to end corporatism AND imperialism. And they go together like peanut butter & jelly. (and just as poisonous as some of the peanut butter was recently)

Nickdfresh
03-13-2009, 04:20 PM
I believe he already explained this, Nick. He would prefer that Obama throw "the bankers in jail that fucked us," get us "the hell out of the Middle East," and erase "the derivative debt that is so huge you can't tax enough to cover it."

Easy, right?

Shut up. :picknose:

GAR
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Since neither of them have a uterus, it would truly be a "miraculous conception".

This morning, my rear-hatch uterine chute bebirthed one wonderous blessing: a turd gurglette I named Barry.

It looked just like our President. So I named him as such, and he had a golden glow that began to flow all 'round so I knew it was possesed - fearfully I reached for the flush handle.

Even the name of The President conjures demonic activity such as thus: this is how I can prove Obama certainly is the AntiChrist of no coincidence of nature.

But it is my own fault for christening it with a name. I blame myself...

Combat Ready
03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I blame myself...

Agreed