PDA

View Full Version : UN says world population to hit 7 billion in 2012

Andy Taylor
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
UNITED NATIONS – The world's population will hit 7 billion early in 2012 and top 9 billion in 2050, with the vast majority of the increase coming in the developing countries of Asia and Africa, according to a U.N. estimate released Wednesday.

Hania Zlotnik, director of the U.N. Population Division, said that "there have been no big changes" from the previous estimate in 2006.

"We are still projecting that by 2050 the population of the world will be around 9.1 billion," she said at a news conference. "The projections are based on the assumption that fertility that is now around 2.56 children per woman is going to decline to about 2.02 children per woman in the world."

Zlotnik said if fertility remained about where it is now, then world population would reach 10.5 billion by 2050. If fertility fell even more than expected, to about 1.5, then the population would only increase to 8 billion by mid-century, she said.

Population growth will remain concentrated in the most populous countries through 2050. Nine nations are expected to account for half the projected increase: India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, the U.S., Congo, Tanzania, China and Bangladesh, the report said.

In sharp contrast, the populations of 45 countries or regions are expected to decline at least 10 percent over the same period. Those include Russia, Japan, Italy, South Korea, Cuba, Ukraine and many other countries that were once part of the Soviet Union, the U.N. said.

Nitro Express
03-11-2009, 10:35 PM
So they say. If we are dumb enough to go to war with Iran and start World War III then world population could be reduced real quick.

Andy Taylor
03-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Cheney tried. You have the Israeli heads being captured on media saying that the Gaza raid was a dress rehearsal for Iran. Those assholes will go ahead with it no doubts and the US will have to step in.

Seshmeister
03-12-2009, 05:52 AM
A quarter of all human carbon emissions are caused by people breathing.

Andy Taylor
03-12-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm not kidding. With the kind of twisted thinking some people have at some point we'll have some Darth Vader like device made mandatory to curb human c02 emissions.

Don't forget the cows either, those biological terrorists.

Seshmeister
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Makes you think.

You could kill Duran Duran and replace them with cardboard cut outs saving on both their emissions plus all the damage caused by their 1st class travel. 50 less cows would be needed to feed Le Bon Bon each year and all of this could be done without affecting the music at their live shows one little bit!

sadaist
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
So at what point does the Earth max out? Resources aren't unlimited so there has to be a magical number where the population is not sustainable.

Human beings could be a microscopic virus on a single cell (Earth). We will just multiply and destroy this cell until we find a way to migrate to another healthy cell and start the process again. Every other natural organism on this planet has an enemy to keep it's population in check...nice balanced healthy cell floating around.

BITEYOASS
03-12-2009, 11:31 AM
My solution to this, even though it would be rather cruel is to send the same amount of food to these impoverished nations regardless of population rise. That way they'll get the message to put the dick down!

Coyote
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Or some people could just try to pull out at the critical moment...

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Cheney was a country unto himself. It's come out he even had his own SS type hit squad that answered only to him. He was a loose cannon. He even alienated his backers at the CFR and Trilateral Commission. Henry Kissenger was trying to convince Cheney that attacking Iran was a huge mistake because the US couldn't afford it financially, would be alienated, and didn't have the troops to be successful. Now they want to break up Pakistahn and take over Sudan. Apparently the globalists want to cut off Chinas oil supply and raw materials supply in Africa. This is why Obama is focusing on Pakistahn. They want to cut off China so it will have to invade Siberia and start a Russia/China war. Why? Putin kicked the bankers out and they can't control China.

This is the new US Foriegn policy. If you thought Obama was going to end international meddling and bring the troops home, nope.

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
So at what point does the Earth max out? Resources aren't unlimited so there has to be a magical number where the population is not sustainable.

Human beings could be a microscopic virus on a single cell (Earth). We will just multiply and destroy this cell until we find a way to migrate to another healthy cell and start the process again. Every other natural organism on this planet has an enemy to keep it's population in check...nice balanced healthy cell floating around.

It's all how we manage those resources. The earth can support these populations if greedy assholes don't take charge. The problem is the world is full of greedy assholes.

sadaist
03-12-2009, 03:32 PM
It's all how we manage those resources. The earth can support these populations if greedy assholes don't take charge. The problem is the world is full of greedy assholes.

Which populations do you think the Earth can support? I'm thinking more of 100, 200...500 years from now. If the population continues to expand at these rates, eventually we will reach a point of maximum capacity. I think in the near future we will see more "2 child laws" so we avoid one person having 14 children.

Andy Taylor
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Cheney was a country unto himself. It's come out he even had his own SS type hit squad that answered only to him. He was a loose cannon. He even alienated his backers at the CFR and Trilateral Commission. Henry Kissenger was trying to convince Cheney that attacking Iran was a huge mistake because the US couldn't afford it financially, would be alienated, and didn't have the troops to be successful. Now they want to break up Pakistahn and take over Sudan. Apparently the globalists want to cut off Chinas oil supply and raw materials supply in Africa. This is why Obama is focusing on Pakistahn. They want to cut off China so it will have to invade Siberia and start a Russia/China war. Why? Putin kicked the bankers out and they can't control China.

This is the new US Foriegn policy. If you thought Obama was going to end international meddling and bring the troops home, nope.

I can easily see that. I remember reading of how people were stalling on an Iran attack at a Bilder conference. Do you have a link for the rest, I've missed this.

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I can easily see that. I remember reading of how people were stalling on an Iran attack at a Bilder conference. Do you have a link for the rest, I've missed this.

A family friend grew up with Henry Kissinger and said he was a bully his whole life. Dr. Kissinger is part of the Rockefeller organization and has taken over David Rockefellers role in Bilderberg.

I have no link to an article but this person who is in their 80's knows a lot about what goes on. I heard about Dick Cheney from a family discussion. Dick has an estate not too far from where I live but he is not friend of mine by any means.

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 07:02 PM
What is going on and what Bilderberg is composed of is international bankers and European aristocrats. They also bring in politicians and industry leaders. The goal of the organization what to unify Europe and bring back the European empire that was lost after World War II. To do that is they have to destroy the United States and they are doing it through a financial war. They are destroying the US Dollar right now. Then they will buy us up cheap, use civil unrest as the excuse to bring in a facist police state.

What's ironic is Bilderberg is composed of Jews some like Kissinger who's family had to flee from Nazi Germany and decendants from Nazi stock like Queen Betrice of The Netherlands. I guess when power and money are the goal, anyone can get into bed together.

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
My dad said years ago that the biggest threat to The United States was not the communists but the European bankers. He knew the deal and now it's happening.

Seshmeister
03-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Which populations do you think the Earth can support? I'm thinking more of 100, 200...500 years from now. If the population continues to expand at these rates, eventually we will reach a point of maximum capacity. I think in the near future we will see more "2 child laws" so we avoid one person having 14 children.

Without immigration the population of most Western countries would be falling.

I guess you have to hope that once the 3rd world catches up then things would settle down.

On the other hand there are models where climate change kills off 6 or 7 billion over the next 50 years anyway.

sadaist
03-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Without immigration the population of most Western countries would be falling.

I guess you have to hope that once the 3rd world catches up then things would settle down.

On the other hand there are models where climate change kills off 6 or 7 billion over the next 50 years anyway.

And then there's the Octomoms of the world dropping 14 kids. On the bright side, her paychecks will enjoy a nice raise. Nothing quite like the feeling of condoning poor people on government cheese to have more children.

Andy Taylor
03-21-2009, 09:19 AM
A family friend grew up with Henry Kissinger and said he was a bully his whole life. Dr. Kissinger is part of the Rockefeller organization and has taken over David Rockefellers role in Bilderberg.

How old are they now? Evil lives forever.

mwsully
03-21-2009, 11:03 AM

I wish this topic was raised more often. Sadaist, I absolutely agree with you, Though I already feel we've passed our sustainable limit. As soon as people abandoned their belief of being one with the land (or being forced to), that was when the clock started ticking.

I feel we're on the verge of a global catastrophe, whether it be a supervirus, ecological disaster, economics, war or all of them.

I wish people in power actually valued nature the way indigenous folks do. :(

mwsully
03-21-2009, 11:10 AM
My solution to this, even though it would be rather cruel is to send the same amount of food to these impoverished nations regardless of population rise. That way they'll get the message to put the dick down!

That's already happening. Most of them still don't get the necessary amount to live on. Yet they still reproduce, knowing all too well their children probably won't survive to adulthood.

I'm sure you all know this, but I had to repeat it: you give a person a decent quality of life, they'll want to hold on to it; therefore, they will be more resistant to having a large family.

Andy Taylor
03-21-2009, 12:23 PM
In other words, mother earth will punish you, with serious juju...