PDA

View Full Version : New Ozzy Album !

Panamark
03-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Taken from Ozzy news:

FEBRUARY 12, 2009, 3:25 pm
OZZY OSBOURNE is currently in the studio in Los Angeles co-producing his 10th studio album with Kevin Churko. The new CD is the rock & roll legend’s follow-up to 2007’s Black Rain which debuted in the Top Ten on the album charts in 11 countries and spawned OZZY’s first ever #1 active rock track, “I Don’t Wanna Stop” (which also sat atop the Heritage Rock chart for more than 20 weeks). The two-time Grammy Award winner has decided that he will not be touring until he has a new album in-stores (currently projected to be Thanksgiving 2009). Thus, OZZY has decided to put his namesake festival OZZFEST on hold this year. In the meantime, if you need an OZZY fix you can watch him with Sharon, Kelly and Jack on the “first family of rock’s” return to television. THE OSBOURNES: RELOADED is set to launch this spring on Fox TV . Stay tuned for more information THE OSBOURNES: RELOADED and the new OZZY OSBOURNE album

Panamark
03-12-2009, 03:07 AM
So no Ozzfest this year !

Vinnie Velvet
03-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Yay!!

More mediorce shit from Ozzy. :rolleyes:

Black Rain sucked ass.

If you want a true metal album, BLACK SABBATH (ie: Heaven and Hell) is releasing a new one next month called "The Devil You Know".

Matt White
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Yup....OZZY hasn't put out a decent cd in ages.....

ThrillsNSpills
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I thought Down to Earth had some good moments but I know I'm in the minority on that one here.. They'll just do the Cher vocal electronic shuffle on his voice,so maybe they should just cut up clips of him stammering and set it to music.

WARF
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Ozzy Should just retire before he ruins his legacy any further.

binnie
03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I didn't think that 'Black Rain' was as bad as some reviews said, but it's a long way from the glory days.

The problem is that Ozzy has become boring, and you could never say that about him, even on his poorest 80s albums.

Vinnie Velvet
03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Ozzy's last great album was No More Tears. But even on that one you could get a sense on the suckage beginning.

Since then we've had boring, crappy shit from him.

Add to the fact Zakk Wylde is as boring as Oz is these days.

Time to retire, John Osbourne.

WACF
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Heard in an interview that Sharon had been in contact with Jake E Lee incase Zakk was not onboard.

That could of been interesting....same vocals but it would be cool to hear him again.

Mr Badguy
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Yay!!

More mediorce shit from Ozzy. :rolleyes:

Black Rain sucked ass.

If you want a true metal album, BLACK SABBATH (ie: Heaven and Hell) is releasing a new one next month called "The Devil You Know".

Hmm, a coincidence?

Remember "Speak of the Devil"/"Live Evil"?

Maybe Tony and Ronnie have lit a fire under Ozzy`s arse.

indeedido
03-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I would love it if that were true, I dig Jake E. Lee. I don't see that happening, but cool to dream

Mr Badguy
03-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Heard in an interview that Sharon had been in contact with Jake E Lee incase Zakk was not onboard.

That could of been interesting....same vocals but it would be cool to hear him again.

It would be nice to hear an Ozzy album without all of Zakk`s squealy shit all over it.

The only thing Jake would do it for is the money, though.

WACF
03-12-2009, 08:17 PM
The comments came from chip znuff...in an interview with him and Steven Adler(what a train wreck!) on Eddie Trunk live.

Eddie asked about Jake since he plays on chips last cd.

He mentioned too that Jake did not do so well financially from his work with Ozzy....he considers Ozzy a friend but the business end left him badly off.

Panamark
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Actually, I would be pumped if Jake E Lee was bought back ...
They should give it a go ! Mr Wylde seems to go through the
motions these days. If its about money, the Osbournes could
surely afford it... Wonder what Bark at the Moon live 2009
would sound like ??

sadaist
03-13-2009, 12:23 AM

Quick, someone push Zakk overboard. We can all do a pinched harmonic in tribute.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_dsERfy7Ib70/SC8gnxkJIxI/AAAAAAAAADQ/y1RH-25HcBQ/s320/Zakk+Wylde(1987).jpg

Panamark
03-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah, Zakk sure took that pinched harmonic to another level.
I have an old Ozzy concert on DVD when Zakk was still kinda
new.. I liked his interpretations of the Randy solos without
the pinched harmonics. So he can deliver without that gimmick,
but I think he got lazy....

Little Texan
03-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Yeah, I think it's time for Ozzy to find a new guitarist. He hasn't had any good riffs since the early to mid 90's, and he's creatively bankrupt...all riffed out. His playing now seems to consist entirely of pinched harmonics. He's been Ozzy's guitarist for 20 years...time for some new blood.

binnie
03-13-2009, 03:11 AM
A Jake E Lee album would be cool. He seems to be more interested in playing blues these days though........

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Actually, I would be pumped if Jake E Lee was bought back ...
They should give it a go ! Mr Wylde seems to go through the
motions these days. If its about money, the Osbournes could
surely afford it... Wonder what Bark at the Moon live 2009
would sound like ??

Like Bark at the Moon live 1985 except with worse singing and drumming?

Mr Badguy
03-13-2009, 08:31 AM

LOL!

:biggrin:

Mr Badguy
03-13-2009, 08:37 AM
I don`t know why he bothers.

Ozzy concerts will still consist of the bulk of "Blizzard of Ozz" and at best one track from all his other albums:

Bark at the moon
Flying high again
Mama I`m coming home
Gets me through
Iron Man
Paranoid

Ozzy is boring and predictable.

His set is overdue a revamp (which won`t happen) and a new album would only change it by three songs at the most.

Anyhow, he`s disowned most of the Jake era stuff.

"The Ultimate Sin" isn`t even being included in his catologue anymore.

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
He disowned the Jake E Lee stuff the minute he left.

I can't remember him playing anything live from that era since then apart from BATM and Shot in the Dark.

I do find it funny Pinchy Wylde still can't play the BATM outro solo after all these years. He's very very slowly getting better but he still can't do it and there's the answer to all those people that question who had the best technique between RR and JEL.

I would probably go and see Ozzy shuffle and mumble his way through a show if Jake E Lee came back but I have no interest otherwise.

binnie
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM

Not too sure that the drumming would be worse - Mike Bordin is a great drummer.

Vinnie Velvet
03-13-2009, 10:33 AM
I don`t know why he bothers.

Ozzy concerts will still consist of the bulk of "Blizzard of Ozz" and at best one track from all his other albums:

Bark at the moon
Flying high again
Mama I`m coming home
Gets me through
Iron Man
Paranoid

Ozzy is boring and predictable.

His set is overdue a revamp (which won`t happen) and a new album would only change it by three songs at the most.

Anyhow, he`s disowned most of the Jake era stuff.

"The Ultimate Sin" isn`t even being included in his catologue anymore.

That's a shame because Sin is a great album.

I think its off the Ozzy catalogue mostly because of not having to pay royalties to Bob Daisely who wrote the lyrics (Phil Soussan plays bass on the album)

Vinnie Velvet
03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
He disowned the Jake E Lee stuff the minute he left.

I can't remember him playing anything live from that era since then apart from BATM and Shot in the Dark.

I do find it funny Pinchy Wylde still can't play the BATM outro solo after all these years. He's very very slowly getting better but he still can't do it and there's the answer to all those people that question who had the best technique between RR and JEL.

I would probably go and see Ozzy shuffle and mumble his way through a show if Jake E Lee came back but I have no interest otherwise.

There are a lot of great cuts off of the Jake/Ozzy albums.

For example:

- Now You See It (Now You Don't)
- You're No Different
- Rock and Roll Rebel
- Center of Enternity
- The Ultimate Sin
- Lightening Strikes
- Killer of Giants

indeedido
03-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Rock and Roll Rebel is a cool song. Killer of Giants has a great intro. I dig all the Jake E Lee era songs

Hellraiser!!
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Ozzy Should just retire before he ruins his legacy any further.

He already ruined with Black Rain and that lame ass show called The Osbournes!!!

FORD
03-13-2009, 03:33 PM
With Ozzy, the real problem isn't the guitarist, it's the bass player. Specifically, a bass player that can write lyrics.

Any decent song that Ozzy ever sang was written by either Geezer Butler or Bob Daisley. Problem is that Geezer is otherwise occupied, and I think it's safe to say Daisley will never work with Ozzy again after the way he was ass-raped over the "Blizzard" and "Diary" albums.

Panamark
03-13-2009, 05:11 PM

Actually I was asking this question more from Jake E's perspective.
(Ozzy's voice obviously is not what it was)
Do you reckon Jake E could still nail it ??

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I haven't heard anything of him for years apart from some appearances on dumb tribute albums but I don't see why not.

Panamark
03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
I haven't heard anything of him for years apart from some appearances on dumb tribute albums but I don't see why not.

I remember you saying years ago that Jake E Lee made you pickup the
guitar. (Not Eddie) so was curious for your opinion. No doubt Jake
was one of the best hard rock strat players I've ever seen...

GAR
03-13-2009, 06:36 PM
The last time I saw Jake E. was 10 years ago, wearing stretch jeans and a leather jacket c. 1985 buying wire n solder at Frys Electronics in Burbank.. and nobody's seen him since!

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Last time I looked even his webmaster had said he didn't know where he was.

He was always a bit of a weird guy...

GAR
03-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I didn't even say hello. And I say hello to everybody when I'm out.

I guess the dated dresscode kinda threw me for a loop..

sadaist
03-13-2009, 09:51 PM

For example:

- You're No Different
- Rock and Roll Rebel
- Center of Enternity
- The Ultimate Sin
- Lightening Strikes
- Killer of Giants

FUCK YEAH! Those are some killer tracks. The problem with Zakk is he is too much into being Zakk Wylde if that makes much sense. He has become his own name brand / image. I would bet he thinks he's helping Ozzy by allowing him to use his talents & name.

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 09:57 PM

For example:

- You're No Different
- Rock and Roll Rebel
- Center of Enternity
- The Ultimate Sin
- Lightening Strikes
- Killer of Giants

You missed out Waiting for Darkness which is genius.

There's also a B side out there called Slow Down which is great, fuck knows why it wasn't on BATM.

Every one of Ozzy's B sides to singles during the Rhodes/Lee eras is better than anything Zak Wylde ever did.

Panamark
03-13-2009, 10:39 PM
You missed out Waiting for Darkness which is genius.

There's also a B side out there called Slow Down which is great, fuck knows why it wasn't on BATM.

Every one of Ozzy's B sides to singles during the Rhodes/Lee eras is better than anything Zak Wylde ever did.

Slow Down was on our BATM....

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Ahhh I forgot that.

We got Spiders instead for some reason.

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Actually there was some story about that like the US market found Spiders too weird or something. Slow Down is a much better song but I think the second choice.

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 11:15 PM
FUCK YEAH! Those are some killer tracks. The problem with Zakk is he is too much into being Zakk Wylde if that makes much sense. He has become his own name brand / image. I would bet he thinks he's helping Ozzy by allowing him to use his talents & name.

I'm not an expert on hard rock over the last 10 years but the impression I get is that the 'kids' today seem to think that ZW and Slash are the great heroes of rock guitar.

That's obviously pretty odd to us that were around in the late 80s when both were considered average.

sadaist
03-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm not an expert on hard rock over the last 10 years but the impression I get is that the 'kids' today seem to think that ZW and Slash are the great heroes of rock guitar.

That's obviously pretty odd to us that were around in the late 80s when both were considered average.

I can understand that. My brother is 9 years older than me & when I was into EVH & Randy Rhoads he wouldn't budge from Page & Hendrix.

Seshmeister
03-13-2009, 11:48 PM
But that is an objective argument. You can make a case for Page and and Hendrix over EVH and RR. I wouldn't but it's a fair enough point.

You can't with these newer ones though because they are inferior on all levels.

Panamark
03-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Actually there was some story about that like the US market found Spiders too weird or something. Slow Down is a much better song but I think the second choice.

Yup, we got Slow Down, but not Spiders. I found out about this
and tacked Spiders on the end anyway. I also heard that Spiders
was considered a bit weird ? Like it would bother Aussies ??
I can find a spider within a minute, on request. We learn
to live with the buggers.

binnie
03-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Actually I was asking this question more from Jake E's perspective.
(Ozzy's voice obviously is not what it was)
Do you reckon Jake E could still nail it ??

He has two solo albums full of Vai-esque wankery, which suggests that he could still play the old Ozzy stuff in his sleep.....

Panamark
03-15-2009, 06:25 AM
He has two solo albums full of Vai-esque wankery, which suggests that he could still play the old Ozzy stuff in his sleep.....

Knowing that, Ozzy should do a one off album with JKL
who cares what he charges ?? Jake E was the next best after
Randy. I actually would look forward to hearing a new Ozzy album for
a change....

indeedido
03-15-2009, 10:23 AM

I think that is because there are no "characters" these days. Most bands are really generic. The image of slash in a top hat is rememberable. I can't tell you what most bands these days even look like. Generic is key these days.

scottydabodi
03-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Ozzy sucks. He can kiss my ass, and so can Zakk the Hack. If I hear ONE MORE Freebird Pentatonic "Box Lick" from that fuckin idiot, I'm going to light his house on fire.

I'm interested in the new Heaven and Hell. I know that will be heavy, and MEAN.

binnie
03-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Knowing that, Ozzy should do a one off album with JKL
who cares what he charges ?? Jake E was the next best after
Randy. I actually would look forward to hearing a new Ozzy album for
a change....

I agree. I really like Wylde, but Jake has always been my favourite Ozzy guitar player.

I could talk about Badlands all day.......

bueno bob
03-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Ozzy Osbourne will never see another fucking penny out of me. Not one single listenable thing has been recorded by that fuckhead since 1988.

HEAVEN AND HELL 2009

binnie
03-18-2009, 02:49 AM
Not one single listenable thing has been recorded by that fuckhead since 1988.

That's a little harsh. There are a handful (and it really is a handful) of passable songs on 'No More Tears' and 'Down to Earth'.....

Panamark
03-18-2009, 05:33 AM
No more tears was the last one I could stomach,
and I knew it was going to be the last :(

But inject Jake E back in, Im there !

Whats the general consensus on best
"Post Randy" Ozzy Albums.. ???

I reckon Bark at the Moon and No rest for the Wicked....
Maybe Zakk showed all his cards on Wicked ??

They have had the same formula for too long and
it hasnt worked for several albums..

If not JEL, then bring in a young gun, like Randy
was... What has Ozzy got to lose ??
Another Zakk Formulated Ozzy album is as attractive
to me as Sarge's octopussy birth videos...

binnie
03-18-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't think that anyone would question the fact that Ozzy's best two (studio) records are 'Blizzzrd' and 'Diary' - the line-up/writing team really worked for him.

The Jake E Lee era also had good stuff, but a lot of filler too. To these ears, 'Bark At The Moon' sounds chronically under-produced (it needed a thicker sound, imo) whilst 'The Ultimate Sin' was over-produced and sounds stale and rigid. Both have some good tunes on them.

'No Rest....' is easily the best Zakk album, and maybe Zakk's greatest collection of riffs period. Ozzy sounded like he had some fire back in him by this time.

'No More Tears' was a 'lets bring in the hit writers' album, and when you consider that Aerosmith had gone the same route with 'Pump' a few years earlier you can understand $haron's logic. 'Mr. Tinkertrain' was good, as were 'I Don't Wanna Change the World' and 'No More Tears'. The ballads, like all Ozzy ballads aside from 'Goodbye to Romance', were dogshit. Turgid, over-bearing crap. This was also the point when Ozzy started to sound ever so slightly like Kermit the Frog.

Ozzmosis didn't feel like an album, but a random collection of songs written by lots of different hired guns and then butchered by Michael Beinhorn's over-complex and arty-farty production. 'Perry Mason' has a bitching riff, and 'I Just Want You' has a great hook. The rest should be filed under 'bad idea.'

The last two records, well they're pretty boring aren't they? Ozzy may be a lot of things, but I never thought he'd be dull.

(I actually liked Black Rain on first listen. I soon realized that this had nothing to do with the content, however, but more to do with the fact that I REALLY wanted to like it.)

ELVIS
03-18-2009, 09:07 AM

Jake is a recluse...

ELVIS
03-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I saw the No Rest tour and Zakk and Ozzy were both ON!

And Tommy Aldridge was on that tour for a few shows and that really made it sound like old Ozzy...

Zakk used to have Randy's stuff nailed down for sure...Actually I thought he was better live than Randy on the early material at the time...he really made it flow...

:elvis:

WACF
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Jake is a recluse...

Supposedly....he wants to do some dates in Japan and Europe...but wants nothing to do with the US.

What's up with that?

Of course this comes second hand...but he does play on all of the Znuff's cd.

WACF
03-18-2009, 12:28 PM
The latest from Zakk...looks like any talks with Jake were not needed....

17-Mar-09Guitarist Zakk Wylde Discusses The Black Label Bash Tour And Ozzy
Submitted by: Dana

Christina Fuoco-Karasinski of LiveDaily reports:

Black Label Society singer/guitarist Zakk Wylde said fans attending the first Black Label Bash with his band--as well as Dope and Sevendust, among others--can expect the unexpected.

"A lot of gay festivities, a bunch of gay parades, marches, riots," Wylde facetiously said during an interview with LiveDaily. "God only knows how many births. We're planning on a couple women breaking the octuplet record. The reason we're doing this tour is to feed [Nadya Suleman's] children. I rounded up the rest of the band, I'm like, 'We have to do something for this woman and her children.' It's the Black Label Good Samaritan Tour. Totally."

On a serious note, Wylde, who doubles as Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist, said the tour was spurred by longtime friendships with Dope and Sevendust, and broken promises of playing together. The bash also features little-known bands, like Cycle of Pain, in the opening spots.

"We've known the guys for years," Wylde said of Dope and Sevendust. "So we all finally got a chance to work together. The guys who are opening for us are up-and-coming bands. It gives them a chance to play in front of a bunch of people.

"I remember how hard it was when I was starting. Before I started playing with Ozz, we'd be playing the Stone Pony [in New Jersey] on a Saturday night in front of, like, eight people--three of the people were janitors, one bartender and two were our friends who didn't pay to come in. They were helping us load gear. We want to give some other bands an opportunity. That's what's cool about the Ozzfest all the time, too. You might see this band Guns 'N Roses you've never heard of before and just go, 'Man, I saw them before the record even came out.' It's cool."

The bash runs through the beginning of April, after which Wylde, 42, will jump in the studio again with Osbourne to work on his new album.

"We started working on it already," Wylde said of Osbourne's forthcoming album, which, he added, is due out early next year. "When we got off the road, everybody went home and decompressed a little bit--we did, like, 16 months or something like that on the road--and went home.

"The kids all call me Uncle Frank again. Nobody knows who the hell I am. 'Uncle Frank?' 'No it's dada.' 'Whatever. Did you bring any presents?' 'Santa's beard isn't gray yet.' But that's how they know me."

At any rate, he said, Osbourne and his band went in the studio and wrote about 15-16 tunes.

"After we get done with the bash, we're going to go in the studio with Ozz and knock out a couple more songs and the album should be done. Then Ozz has to sing on it," Wylde said.

In early 2010, Wylde said, Black Label Society will head out on an arena tour with Osbourne and another band to be named later.

"That's what we're talking about. We'll see if it happens."

In between Osbourne's album and heading out on the arena jaunt, Black Label Society will record its follow-up to 2006's "Shot to Hell." To tide over fans, a compilation CD will be released later this year. Wylde said he mainly writes in the studio.

"You always get inspired when you get in the studio because the bottom line is, everything sounds good, the sky's the limit, man," Wylde said. "When you get in the studio, it's like a Cracker Jack box--you never know what you're going to get until you hit the bottom."

Black Label Bash Tour dates:

March 2009:

17 - Calgary, Alberta - Calgary Corral
18 - Edmonton, Alberta - Edmonton Events Centre
20 - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Odeon Events Center
21 - Winnipeg, Manitoba - Burton Cummings Theatre
22 - St. Paul, MN - The Myth
24 - Waterloo, IA - McElroy Auditorium
25 - North Kansas City, MO - Harrah's
27 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
28 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theatre
29 - Covington, KY - Madison Theatre
31 - Mount Clemens, MI - Emerald Theatre

April 2009:

1 - Pittsburgh, PA - Club Zoo
3 - Rochester, NY - Main St. Armory
4 - Toronto, Ontario - Sound Academy
6 - Hartford, CT - Webster Theatre
7 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
9 - Manchester, NJ - Verizon Wireless Arena
10 - New York City, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
11 - Philadelphia, PA - The Electric Factory
14 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
15 - Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live
17 - North Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues
18 - Duluth, GA - Wild Bill's
21 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
24 - Austin, TX - Stubb's Waller Creek
25 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
26 - Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
28, 29 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre

May 2009:

1 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
2 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern

source: livedaily.com

Mr Badguy
03-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Ah, Shite!

It was a nice idea, though.

Seshmeister
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't think that anyone would question the fact that Ozzy's best two (studio) records are 'Blizzzrd' and 'Diary' - the line-up/writing team really worked for him.

The Jake E Lee era also had good stuff, but a lot of filler too. To these ears, 'Bark At The Moon' sounds chronically under-produced (it needed a thicker sound, imo) whilst 'The Ultimate Sin' was over-produced and sounds stale and rigid. Both have some good tunes on them.

'No Rest....' is easily the best Zakk album, and maybe Zakk's greatest collection of riffs period. Ozzy sounded like he had some fire back in him by this time.

'No More Tears' was a 'lets bring in the hit writers' album, and when you consider that Aerosmith had gone the same route with 'Pump' a few years earlier you can understand $haron's logic. 'Mr. Tinkertrain' was good, as were 'I Don't Wanna Change the World' and 'No More Tears'. The ballads, like all Ozzy ballads aside from 'Goodbye to Romance', were dogshit. Turgid, over-bearing crap. This was also the point when Ozzy started to sound ever so slightly like Kermit the Frog.

Ozzmosis didn't feel like an album, but a random collection of songs written by lots of different hired guns and then butchered by Michael Beinhorn's over-complex and arty-farty production. 'Perry Mason' has a bitching riff, and 'I Just Want You' has a great hook. The rest should be filed under 'bad idea.'

The last two records, well they're pretty boring aren't they? Ozzy may be a lot of things, but I never thought he'd be dull.

(I actually liked Black Rain on first listen. I soon realized that this had nothing to do with the content, however, but more to do with the fact that I REALLY wanted to like it.)

I agree with most of this. I just went onto Spotify there to remind me of some of the tracks though and maybe you are being a bit too kind...

a) Don't agree about "I just want you", I think it's not good at all. It particularly shows how Ozzy can't sing well enough even on an album to carry a track. The verse is like a retarded chant.

b) People often say that No More Tears was the last decent album and I kind of agree but there are quite a lot of fillers even on it and some cross a line into sad. Would you really want someone to overhear you listening to Zombie Stomp on a bus? :)

c) I listened to some of Black Rain again, it's really shit. :)

Seshmeister
03-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Ah, Shite!

It was a nice idea, though.

Yeah it was.

Back to the normal situation of ignoring Ozzy albums and tours and hoping he won't further ruin your memory of the great years by making an ass of himself miming to a crappy new single on a chatshow...

It's a fucking crazy world whereby he seems to be in this loop of becoming more and more famous and successful as his music gets worse and worse...

Panamark
03-18-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm more pumped at the possibility of hearing new Halen..
So basically, I have nothing to look forward to musically. :D

binnie
03-19-2009, 02:47 AM
I agree with most of this. I just went onto Spotify there to remind me of some of the tracks though and maybe you are being a bit too kind...

a) Don't agree about "I just want you", I think it's not good at all. It particularly shows how Ozzy can't sing well enough even on an album to carry a track. The verse is like a retarded chant.

b) People often say that No More Tears was the last decent album and I kind of agree but there are quite a lot of fillers even on it and some cross a line into sad. Would you really want someone to overhear you listening to Zombie Stomp on a bus? :)

c) I listened to some of Black Rain again, it's really shit. :)

I think the verse is the reason why I like 'I Just Want You'. I had forgotten about 'Zombie Stomp', and remembering it has also brought 'Desire' into my mind - that was shit too.

bueno bob
03-19-2009, 08:48 AM
That's a little harsh. There are a handful (and it really is a handful) of passable songs on 'No More Tears' and 'Down to Earth'.....

The only credit I'll give No More Tears is that Bob Daisley managed to save it from being a total shitfest. About 20% of the album is somewhat manageable, but it still needs to have the other 80% scrapped and re-worked.

That's all. :)

Seshmeister
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Yup as I've said before Bob Daisley was involved in everything good Ozzy ever did as a solo artist.

Without him he's finished.

Ozzy has now been shit for a lot longer than he was good.

atomicpunk5151
03-19-2009, 02:01 PM
I think the verse is the reason why I like 'I Just Want You'. I had forgotten about 'Zombie Stomp', and remembering it has also brought 'Desire' into my mind - that was shit too.

I always liked the chugging riff in Desire. Also the little build up and then the solo. The lyrics and singing were a bit boring.

Mr Tinkertrain, NMT, S.I.N., IDWTCTW are all solid songs. The tour in 91-92 was also pretty damn good/fun. The band of Zakk, Mike Inez & Randy Castillo was solid.

I will agree that NRFTW had the most solid material of the Zakk era.

For Ozzmosis, I didn't really like "I Just want you". Perry Mason & Thunder Underground were solid. Overall to many ballads.

Mr Badguy
03-19-2009, 03:00 PM
I`ll go as far as saying, apart from the title track, "No More Tears" was shit.

I remember getting the "NMT" single when it came out (12" picture disc!) and liking it, then getting the album and being really disappointed.

I hated the production and there wasn`t any of the, um, menace that you used to get with an OZZY album.

The whole thing was overlong and tired.

Over the years my opinion hasn`t changed.

"Mr Tinkertrain" still makes me cringe: songs about being a child molester are never good (except "Captain Howdy" by Twisted Sister).

"Mama I`m coming home" was just a bad idea.

Nope, I can`t really think of any good bits.

All of his albums since are crap, full stop.

Mr Badguy
03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Ozzy has now been shit for a lot longer than he was good.

Amen, brother.

Seshmeister
03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
"Mr Tinkertrain" still makes me cringe: songs about being a child molester are never good (except "Captain Howdy" by Twisted Sister).

Jamies got a gun?

I could happily go to my grave without hearing another rock song about child abuse, it's not the right medium for it.

Who wants to dance or party to pedophilia?

binnie
03-19-2009, 04:25 PM

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Gary-Glitter2.jpg

binnie
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
The tour in 91-92 was also pretty damn good/fun. The band of Zakk, Mike Inez & Randy Castillo was solid.

From the boots I've heard, I'd agree with that.

I think that Bordin/Zakk/Truijilo was a solid line up too.

Mr Badguy
03-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Jamies got a gun?

I could happily go to my grave without hearing another rock song about child abuse, it's not the right medium for it.

Motorhead`s "Don`t let Daddy kiss me" was another.

In fact, that might be the worst one.

Seshmeister
03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
From the boots I've heard, I'd agree with that.

I think that Bordin/Zakk/Truijilo was a solid line up too.

Bordin was good in Faith No More but I haven't heard him do anything interesting with Ozzy. Maybe he doesn't play on the albums? Who knows with the Osbourne corporation.

The two of them did make a fucking mess of redoing the 1st two albums.

ELVIS
03-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Trap Door is a good song...

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxzaRQ-EQ8c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxzaRQ-EQ8c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Kinda Sabbath' like...

:elvis:

binnie
03-20-2009, 07:04 AM
We really are clutching at straws now........

Mr Badguy
03-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I think the thing that is most disappointing about all this is if there was effort put into it it wouldn`t be crap.

When you think about it Ozzy is such an icon he has pretty much the whole world of rock musicians to call on (except the ones he`s fucked over in the past).

Who wouldn`t want a writing credit on a good Ozzy album?

Instead we get more Ozzy/Zakk shit which is very formulaic.

You seem to get the impression that Ozzy likes to keep his money, even to the extent of deleting albums from his own catologue to cut his former employees out of a payday.

He must have a special deal with Wylde.

He should find another unknown guitarist and give the guy a career.

binnie
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
I think the thing that is most disappointing about all this is if there was effort put into it it wouldn`t be crap.

When you think about it Ozzy is such an icon he has pretty much the whole world of rock musicians to call on (except the ones he`s fucked over in the past).

Instead we get more Ozzy/Zakk shit which is very formulaic.

You seem to get the impression that Ozzy likes to keep his money, even to the extent of deleting albums from his own catologue to cut his former employees out of a payday.

He must have a special deal with Wylde.

He should find another unknown guitarist and give the guy a career.

I seem to remember that before 'Down to Earth' was recorded the record company had suggested calling in some big name rock musicians to do the wrting and Wylde had a hissy-fit............something about Dave Grohl not being 'metal' enough to write for Ozzy.

Might be my memory playing tricks though

Seshmeister
03-20-2009, 09:38 AM

Maybe some established people worry that his wife would not pay or credit them for the song.

WACF
03-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I seem to remember that before 'Down to Earth' was recorded the record company had suggested calling in some big name rock musicians to do the wrting and Wylde had a hissy-fit............something about Dave Grohl not being 'metal' enough to write for Ozzy.

Might be my memory playing tricks though

Sounds familiar.

I seem to recall Zakk saying he wanted to kick Grohl's ass because he has to play his shitty song.

Grohl must of wrote something...